Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,409 members, 7,826,580 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 04:33 PM

Consequences Of Firing Berti Vogts - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Consequences Of Firing Berti Vogts (1251 Views)

Poll: Looking at the consequence of buying off the contract if Berti Vogts has to be fired, what is your own opinion?

Go ahead and fire no matter the consequence: 42% (3 votes)
Allow the poor guy to stay, knowing it will cost us much: 14% (1 vote)
Get him fustrated in order for him to go on his own: 0% (0 votes)
It make no difference either he's fired or he stays: 42% (3 votes)
This poll has ended

Holy Crap! PSG Already Firing Shots At Chelsea / Costa Needs To Start Firing / REVEALED: Van Persie's Secret Weapon In Firing United To The Title... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Consequences Of Firing Berti Vogts by detruth: 12:36pm On Jan 28, 2008
Since most people calls for the firing of Berti Vogts, a member of NFA annonymously declared in Punch this morning that it will cost Nigeria a fortune if the German's contract is terminated before the end of his tenure. What did you see about it? Is this one of those tricks to keep him on? Remember the coach said the other time that he will definiately finish his tenure no matter the outcome of Eagles' performaces in Ghana! (Did you call that Shameless?)
Re: Consequences Of Firing Berti Vogts by davidif: 2:34pm On Jan 28, 2008
Yes it will cost us a fortune because we have to buy out his contract which we cannot afford to do, so for all you uneducated guys screaming that Vogts should go, you guys should all come and donate your one year salary so that we can buy out Vogt's contract grin tongue tongue
Re: Consequences Of Firing Berti Vogts by detruth: 2:54pm On Jan 28, 2008
@davidif
What hope do you think Nigeria has then most expecially towards the world cup in year 2010 if Berti still remains? can there be any change?
Re: Consequences Of Firing Berti Vogts by detruth: 2:57pm On Jan 28, 2008
His leaving has nothing to bring into our pockets, but nevertheless, what is the solution to the current Eagles's problems?
Re: Consequences Of Firing Berti Vogts by davidif: 1:38am On Jan 29, 2008
detruth, i feel your pain but we can't fire him because we just don't have the money to buy out his contract, all we can do is hope that with a lot of friendly's before the World cup qualifiers, we can be prepared for the World Cup. Truth of the matter, is that this guys won't let our players slack during the world cup qualifiers by waiting until the last game to qualify, he woudl get the job done sooner.
Re: Consequences Of Firing Berti Vogts by 9ja4eva: 2:19am On Jan 29, 2008
Good for them
Re: Consequences Of Firing Berti Vogts by ndubest(m): 10:15am On Jan 29, 2008
am sure if the environment in made unconducive for him to operate, nobody will buy out his contract grin grin

he will just throw in the towel

the likes of the senegalese coach have done so already cheesy cheesy

he is not the first coach to leave in shame after a poor perfomance and will definitely not be the last

the earlier he leaves the better for him and the eagles

but am thinking he will not want to swallow the shame of leaving another national team considering the way he left scotland and where they are at the moment

he may want to use nigeria to make a point that he is still a good coach that will leave when the ovation is highest

poor eagles sad sad sad
Re: Consequences Of Firing Berti Vogts by detruth: 2:02pm On Jan 29, 2008
@ndubest & davidif
Please permit me to tell you of my experience here. I am here in Bangui for a mission project, but just to let you see how I felt, Eagles performances was not only a disapointment to Nigerians but also to every other countries that love Nigeria embarassed embarassed embarassed
Few days before the commencement of these competition, you will like the scene here, almost everybody in these country was seen with Nigerian flag, the expectations was so high, the Nigerian colours were flying everywhere. Since all the matches were broadcasted live in the national stadium here, multitude paraded themselves with green-white-green mascaras. The honour for Nigeria was so big, hence when they lost out twice, the shame was big likewise. cry cry cryPeople now threw away our flag for that of Cameroun and Cote d'voire. kiss kiss kiss
Berti Vogts and his boys has not only brought these on us but on other lovers of this country. Did you think there is any sacrifice too big in order to send these man packing? Even if Nigerian need to fustrate him to leave . Has this Berti anything to deliever even if left with these boys for the next 20yrs . He looks like a loser to me!
Re: Consequences Of Firing Berti Vogts by Abdullah87: 3:42pm On Jan 29, 2008
@Detruth is telling the truth.

I think Nigeria are in a good position to sack Norbit Vogts for various reasons.

1. When Nigeria failed to win the African Cup of Nations in 2004, everyone was calling for Chuwku to be sacked, but the NFA refused to sack him and kept him in the job. Things went wrong. In June 2004, when Nigeria played against Angola in a World Cup qualifyer match, he didnt take the match seriously as Angola had the upper hand to beat Nigeria, due to a goal from Fabrice Awka in the 80 minute. This is where Nigeria went downhill. Angola were top of the World Cup qualifying table. In March 2005, Nigeria played the return leg against Anogla and they played well, but Angola managed to get a draw out of that match, even Nigeria played their big guns such as Utaka, Okocha and Kanu. After the match, Chuwku was criticised for his match tatics and man-management. He made Nigeria in a worst position not to qualify for the World Cup by achieveing poor results against Rwanda and Gabon as draws, not wins in June 2005. Therefore, Chuwku was suspended from his job. Later, he was sacked. In July 2005, Nigeria were on the verge to recruit Phillippe Troussier 'The witch doctor' of football as the coach. Apparently, he annoyed the NFA by saying that Nigeria have no chance to qualify for the World Cup because he believes that Angola are in a great position to qualify. Thats where Augustine Eugavoen took the job and he did marvellously well. He didn't take any crap from Yakubu. He got Nigeria to beat Algeria 5-2 and Zimbabwe 5-1. But, Nigeria failed to qualify for the World Cup due to Anogla defeated Rwanda. However, Angola qualified due to head-to-head record instead of goal difference where Nigeria had a great goal difference than Angola. Then, Eugavoen was the first Nigeria coach to get them win three games out of three in the group stages in the African Cup of Nations in 2006 in Egypt.

Nigeria do need to sack Vogts because he refused to live in Nigeria and he lacks charisma and bravery.
Re: Consequences Of Firing Berti Vogts by Abdullah87: 3:44pm On Jan 29, 2008
@Detruth is telling the truth.

I think Nigeria are in a good position to sack Norbit Vogts for various reasons.

1. When Nigeria failed to win the African Cup of Nations in 2004, everyone was calling for Chuwku to be sacked, but the NFA refused to sack him and kept him in the job. Things went wrong. In June 2004, when Nigeria played against Angola in a World Cup qualifyer match, he didnt take the match seriously as Angola had the upper hand to beat Nigeria, due to a goal from Fabrice Awka in the 80 minute. This is where Nigeria went downhill. Angola were top of the World Cup qualifying table. In March 2005, Nigeria played the return leg against Anogla and they played well, but Angola managed to get a draw out of that match, even Nigeria played their big guns such as Utaka, Okocha and Kanu. After the match, Chuwku was criticised for his match tatics and man-management. He made Nigeria in a worst position not to qualify for the World Cup by achieveing poor results against Rwanda and Gabon as draws, not wins in June 2005. Therefore, Chuwku was suspended from his job. Later, he was sacked. In July 2005, Nigeria were on the verge to recruit Phillippe Troussier 'The witch doctor' of football as the coach. Apparently, he annoyed the NFA by saying that Nigeria have no chance to qualify for the World Cup because he believes that Angola are in a great position to qualify. Thats where Augustine Eugavoen took the job and he did marvellously well. He didn't take any crap from Yakubu. He got Nigeria to beat Algeria 5-2 and Zimbabwe 5-1. But, Nigeria failed to qualify for the World Cup due to Anogla defeated Rwanda. However, Angola qualified due to head-to-head record instead of goal difference where Nigeria had a great goal difference than Angola. Then, Eugavoen was the first Nigeria coach to get them win three games out of three in the group stages in the African Cup of Nations in 2006 in Egypt.

Nigeria do need to sack Vogts because he refused to live in Nigeria and he lacks charisma and bravery. He doesnt understand Nigerian football very well and I dont know if he watched the u17 in the worlc cup in korea.

Bring back Eugavoen or Keshi and lets make things right first by amending the NFA! These people dont know how to run Mcdonalds for crying out loud!
Re: Consequences Of Firing Berti Vogts by detruth: 3:54pm On Jan 29, 2008
Just now I read in papers about the unseroiusness of NFA sacking the man, i wonder where they are playing at Instead they only wanted to review how he will stay more in Nigeria rather than doing his "Ajala travel".

NFA to review Vogts’ contract
By Nurudeen Obalola, Sekondi-Takoradi
Published: Tuesday, 29 Jan 2008
The Nigeria Football Association has promised to review the contract of Berti Vogts following an outcry over the German’s performance here at the 26th African Cup of Nations.

Skip to next paragraph

File
Sani Lulu

File
Super Eagles coach, Berti Vogts

The Chairman of the NFA, Sani Lulu, said the association would look into the terms of Vogts’ contract after Ghana 2008.

He said, “The conditions of his contract have not been fully implemented and we’ll be looking into some of these things when we leave Ghana.” “We’ve been cautious because of financial implication, so as soon as we have the funds we’ll be able to do what we should.”

Lulu however refused to explain what money had to do with the issue.

Vogts, whose salary is being paid by Globacom is based in Europe, refusing to stay in Nigeria to monitor home-based players.

Lulu added that Vogts’ decision to stay in Europe would also be looked into so that the former Germany defender would be able to develop local talent.

“I agree that he has not stayed in Nigeria long enough and we want that to change. That was one of the reasons we didn’t employ Philippe Troussier, who insisted that he was going to stay in Morocco while working for Nigeria.”

Lulu, whose board allowed some of the players to stay back with their clubs while other federations insisted on having theirs early in camp, absolved the NFA of any blame in Nigeria’s poor performance in Ghana.

He said, “We’ve done everything we can, but I’ll still apologise to Nigerians on behalf of the players. I’m sure nobody back home is happy with their performance.”

The Eagles need a huge favour from Cote d’Ivoire to qualify for the quarterfinals.

A draw between Mali and Cote d’Ivoire, who play in Accra also on Tuesday, would see both Francophone countries going through regardless of the result between Nigeria and Benin.

http://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art200801294315690
Re: Consequences Of Firing Berti Vogts by doshbass(m): 4:14pm On Jan 29, 2008
Honestly, the players are to be blamed, i heard the play very well during training, i dont think the players would have played better right now under mourinho, we need to fire all the players and look for people that are commited to break a leg for their country
Re: Consequences Of Firing Berti Vogts by detruth: 6:27pm On Jan 29, 2008
@doshbass
I strongly agree with you. In a case where someone could not find reasons for his mistake, he will surely commit another one. To all those old legs, I also believe there is need for replacement.

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria's Team List Against Argentina / Last Picture Of Gary Speed Just Hours Before He Hanged Himself / Rashidi Yekini: Staggering Statistics For Club And Country!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.