Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,926 members, 7,824,881 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 08:06 PM

What Makes Many Higher Institutions In Nigeria Resume Late - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What Makes Many Higher Institutions In Nigeria Resume Late (772 Views)

UNIBEN Produces Heads Of 8 Tertiary Institutions In One Year / Category Of Students That Resume Late To School / 10 Types Of Boyfriends Kept By Babe's In Higher Institutions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Makes Many Higher Institutions In Nigeria Resume Late by babanne(m): 11:27am On Oct 29, 2012
As i am going through my previous posts in this section this morning an interesting question crossed my mind:why is it that many nigerian higher institutions dont resume on time?i mean, why is it that so many institutions dont resume their new session on september or october of each year?i work in a higher institution and the students have resumed for the new session three weeks ago.few institutions that i know such as ,federal university of agriculture, abeokuta, university of ilorin,federal polytechnic, ilaro do resume early in the academic year.there may be others that i dont know.the academic calendar being run in this country begins every september but you will discover that many schools resume in november,december,january,february or later in the year.why cant all schools operate a unified academic calendar.i know that operating a unified academic calendar has many benefits.my observation shows that the inability of many higher institutions to resume is due partly to lack of organization and the lackadaisical attitude on the part of some members of staff.

so whether you are a student, academic or non-academic member of staff or even parents, tell us what you have observed and suggestions for the schools to improve. you can also mention some of the advantages of having a unified calendar that you know.

(1) (Reply)

How Reliable Is Ican E-lecture (video Lecture).... / JAMB UTME 2013 Date Released!!! / Rep's Decision To Halt Utme's Computer-based Test

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.