Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,725 members, 7,816,979 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:02 PM

Lagos: Keke Napep Charges Are High - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Lagos: Keke Napep Charges Are High (8316 Views)

Female Keke NAPEP Driver In Festac Town (Picture) / Electric Pole Falls On Keke Napep In Ikeja Area, Lagos(photo) / Keke NAPEP Driving On Pedestrain Bridge In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos: Keke Napep Charges Are High by abysirius(m): 3:28pm On Oct 29, 2012
Owning Keke in lagos of today is now a good business as the recent ban on Okada within Lagos metropolis is now an avenue for keke owners to exploit passengers around Lagos.

Imagine keke charging 70 naira for a distance that they would have gracefully collected 30 naira for.

As if the frustration lagosians get from them isn't enough, they will only stop u half way and expect u to trek ur way to ur final destination. Obviously, stopping okada from operating at a time when 3rd mainland is closed is one problem too many for lagosians.

Considering the terrain here, Okada has comparative advantage that keke doesn't have even if more keke are to be ordered to reduce the resultant effect of okada ban. Okada can manoeuvre traffic better, it's even cheaper, keke cannot enter streets and coners the way okada will do etc. Too many reasons while Okada's ban is not healthy.

Though the ban on the long run could be worth all these wahala now like some pple argue, the effect now is hellish and I know a lot of persons here will share the same view. May be the die is cast as we cannot reverse the situation with okada and the ban. So how then do we cope with this excessive demand and hike in the prices of these keke napep men? Since govt has succeeded in monopolising poor man mode of transport all to the fa4 of keke owners (and to average man pikin detriment) how then do we cope with keke in lagos, how do we forge ahead?

1 Like

Re: Lagos: Keke Napep Charges Are High by ULSHERLAN(m): 4:05pm On Oct 29, 2012
When demand is high then it mostly skyrockets the price which is happening in this case
Re: Lagos: Keke Napep Charges Are High by jajad: 5:18pm On Oct 29, 2012
abysirius: all to the fa4 of keke owners...

Nna you wicked o! The total computational brainpower that will be wasted understanding this abbreviation (by thousands of readers) dwarfs the 2 seconds you've saved. Please, stick to conventional bad abbreviations from now on. Thanks.

9 Likes

Re: Lagos: Keke Napep Charges Are High by Afam4eva(m): 5:18pm On Oct 29, 2012
ULSHERLAN: When demand is high then it mostly skyrockets the price which is happening in this case
MOSDEF
Re: Lagos: Keke Napep Charges Are High by ayee001: 5:24pm On Oct 29, 2012
It's not funny this morning. Was really pissed off.
Re: Lagos: Keke Napep Charges Are High by OkwaIfugo(m): 5:28pm On Oct 29, 2012
hahhaaaahaha Occupy Gani Fawemi Park Na.
Re: Lagos: Keke Napep Charges Are High by azpekuliar: 5:34pm On Oct 29, 2012
Simple economics! Demand far outweighs supply!
Re: Lagos: Keke Napep Charges Are High by Aphrygian(m): 5:37pm On Oct 29, 2012
Watching in 3d
Re: Lagos: Keke Napep Charges Are High by yinkard4me(m): 5:44pm On Oct 29, 2012
I think d ban is for d security of d state... Get used 2 it
Re: Lagos: Keke Napep Charges Are High by kokoye(m): 6:04pm On Oct 29, 2012
abysirius: ..Okada can manoeuvre traffic better..

Are they even supposed to be doing that? I believe the "manoeuvre traffic better" is one of the major causes of deadly accidents

1 Like

Re: Lagos: Keke Napep Charges Are High by Smooyis(m): 6:09pm On Oct 29, 2012
So sorry for d okada men who have lost their means of livelihood. But d ban is 4 our good. Many whose legs would have been broken this past week have been saved bc of d ban. A single leg is worth millions of naira to replace with ordinary artificial leg. We sure need more sanity on our roads.

1 Like

Re: Lagos: Keke Napep Charges Are High by mrkels(m): 6:26pm On Oct 29, 2012
They say the ban on okada would make the young graduates who were riders get fired up and get a skill and do better things with their lives undecided
I just hope they don't go and acquire keke napep
Re: Lagos: Keke Napep Charges Are High by pecopeco: 6:27pm On Oct 29, 2012
abysirius: Owning Keke in lagos of today is now a good business as the recent ban on Okada within Lagos metropolis is now an avenue for keke owners to exploit passengers around Lagos.

Imagine keke charging 70 naira for a distance that they would have gracefully collected 30 naira for.

As if the frustration lagosians get from them isn't enough, they will only stop u half way and expect u to trek ur way to ur final destination. Obviously, stopping okada from operating at a time when 3rd mainland is closed is one problem too many for lagosians.

Considering the terrain here, Okada has comparative advantage that keke doesn't have even if more keke are to be ordered to reduce the resultant effect of okada ban. Okada can manoeuvre traffic better, it's even cheaper, keke cannot enter streets and coners the way okada will do etc. Too many reasons while Okada's ban is not healthy.

Though the ban on the long run could be worth all these wahala now like some pple argue, the effect now is hellish and I know a lot of persons here will share the same view. May be the die is cast as we cannot reverse the situation with okada and the ban. So how then do we cope with this excessive demand and hike in the prices of these keke napep men? Since govt has succeeded in monopolising poor man mode of transport all to the fa4 of keke owners (and to average man pikin detriment) how then do we cope with keke in lagos, how do we forge ahead?
Re: Lagos: Keke Napep Charges Are High by Kslib(m): 6:29pm On Oct 29, 2012
jajad:

Nna you wicked o! The total computational brainpower that will be wasted understanding this abbreviation (by thousands of readers) dwarfs the 2 seconds you've saved. Please, stick to conventional bad abbreviations from now on. Thanks.
Nna,na you wicked pass!! The total computational brain power that will be wasted understanding this your grammatical choice of words totally dwarfs the two seconds you are telling him to save..
In essence,you should have used simple english like "bros,dis your abbreviation too hard pass the real word itself"....shikena

4 Likes

Re: Lagos: Keke Napep Charges Are High by mekussays: 6:33pm On Oct 29, 2012
The ban on okada in the whole of lagos will be the best thing that will happen in lagos. Okada riders lack training and are too aggressive and in a rush thus turning lagos in a menace city.

Keke napep if probably organized better would be a far much better way of transportation in lagos because it will actually save lives(pls read the report on how many people have died and being hospitalized due to okada- https://www.nairaland.com/1085094/okada-accidents-killed-107-two)

Once keke napep has been accepted by Lagosians, the price will come down and a definite price structure can be in place.

1 Like

Re: Lagos: Keke Napep Charges Are High by Enoquin(f): 6:37pm On Oct 29, 2012
I guess you will all have to bear it for a while...when it happened in Uyo last year, it was crazy at first with high fares and arrogant keke drivers...The average akwa ibom okada rider turned their noses up at kekes when it was first introduced, they turned in their bikes for N50,000 and decided to stay home. The few riders that went to cooperatives or business men for hire purchase gave crazy fares and were arrogant about it. When you stopped them, they would ask if it was a drop you wanted, if you shook your head, they'd drive off. The only good thing is that Uyo is not that big and except you have to go to the hinterlands, you can trek to where you want(the central place 'plaza' is just like Osodi - where you can link to almost anyplace you want)...but with the influx of the igbo guys from Abia, prices stabilized. You have to give it to the Igbos, they know how to penetrate a market and are willing to do anything (I mean this as a compliment) to survive.
Re: Lagos: Keke Napep Charges Are High by jpphilips(m): 6:46pm On Oct 29, 2012
abysirius: Owning Keke in lagos of today is now a good business as the recent ban on Okada within Lagos metropolis is now an avenue for keke owners to exploit passengers around Lagos.

yea it takes a little getting used to. it was like that in ph some years back.
tricycle is scary you can get a cheap car or use Taxi.
Re: Lagos: Keke Napep Charges Are High by jpphilips(m): 6:51pm On Oct 29, 2012
mekussays: The ban on okada in the whole of lagos will be the best thing that will happen in lagos. Okada riders lack training and are too aggressive and in a rush thus turning lagos in a menace city.

Keke napep if probably organized better would be a far much better way of transportation in lagos because it will actually save lives(pls read the report on how many people have died and being hospitalized due to okada- https://www.nairaland.com/1085094/okada-accidents-killed-107-two)

Once keke napep has been accepted by Lagosians, the price will come down and a definite price structure can be in place.

tricycle is as much nuisance as bikes, what's the diff anyways? an extra tire.
they both run in the middle of the road, scratch vehicles, ignore traffic rules.
have you witnessed keke accident before?
3/4 peeps end up with broken limbs.
Re: Lagos: Keke Napep Charges Are High by Nobody: 6:51pm On Oct 29, 2012
grin d last time i checked some folks concluded dat d ban is good becos it will drive foreigners out of lagos,so y d complain?? 3rd mainland bridge is sti under construction&even after construction there will sti be traffic jam.lets see who will bear d hardship
Re: Lagos: Keke Napep Charges Are High by Nobody: 7:01pm On Oct 29, 2012
Keke Napep is more annoying than Okada. They need to be banned outrightly. Intra City Taxi and Bicycles should be introduced.

1 Like

Re: Lagos: Keke Napep Charges Are High by kelvincoll(m): 7:38pm On Oct 29, 2012
Enoquin: I guess you will all have to bear it for a while...when it happened in Uyo last year, it was crazy at first with high fares and arrogant keke drivers...The average akwa ibom okada rider turned their noses up at kekes when it was first introduced, they turned in their bikes for N50,000 and decided to stay home. The few riders that went to cooperatives or business men for hire purchase gave crazy fares and were arrogant about it. When you stopped them, they would ask if it was a drop you wanted, if you shook your head, they'd drive off. The only good thing is that Uyo is not that big and except you have to go to the hinterlands, you can trek to where you want(the central place 'plaza' is just like Osodi - where you can link to almost anyplace you want)...but with the influx of the igbo guys from Abia, prices stabilized. You have to give it to the Igbos, they know how to penetrate a market and are willing to do anything (I mean this as a compliment) to survive.

True are the words you speak, I had been in Uyo all d while but the difference is u can't compare Uyo roads wit d@ of lagos. Uyo has got very gud motorrable road networks and quality road, that somtimes u jst feel like trekking compared to the even the 'mega cities' part of lagos. D Govt of lag shud consider all dese bfore d ban. Fix d inners roads and den u can cast, bind and rebuke okada!!!
Re: Lagos: Keke Napep Charges Are High by Nobody: 7:47pm On Oct 29, 2012
jajad:

fa4 = favour. See fixed!
Re: Lagos: Keke Napep Charges Are High by caukerzee(m): 8:02pm On Oct 29, 2012
People will imagine how the would survive without bikes but honestly you would get used to it. Same thing happened here in jos. Accidents have certainly reduced and trafic, improved.
Re: Lagos: Keke Napep Charges Are High by sylve11: 9:05pm On Oct 29, 2012
)I detest keke napep to the bone! angry cool cool

1 Like

Re: Lagos: Keke Napep Charges Are High by Hoodrat(m): 9:10pm On Oct 29, 2012
Get used to it dear once the bicycle lanes are created it will be much easier to access your Lagos with less hassle there will be no need for the keke napep when the metro line and the BRT are well maintained and organized. I Pray fashola stopped those molue and keke napep because is a stain to the glory of lagos. If i can get a job to maintain lagos roads and create a road side waist bin attached to the BRT/LRT bus stops also at every pedestrian crossing. To ensure the dirts are collected from the bin overnight =with a mini van every night I will gladly accept the offer and make good use of it with my exposure in the western world because am aware of the road cleaning machine and ways to maintain clean and neat environment that promote a healthy hygienic lifestyle.

1 Like

Re: Lagos: Keke Napep Charges Are High by Orikinla(m): 9:22pm On Oct 29, 2012
Governor Fashola should launch Lagos State Government taxi cabs to charge fares that are affordable to majority of civil servants.
Like N500 from Jibowu to Victoria Island.
Then send these tricycles back to where they have been imported from.

1 Like

Re: Lagos: Keke Napep Charges Are High by Horus(m): 1:14am On Oct 30, 2012
Keke napeps are ugly, they don't fit in a Mega city

1 Like

Re: Lagos: Keke Napep Charges Are High by Donmichaelz(m): 8:03am On Oct 30, 2012
..come abuja....and see whch is more xpensive...infact abj own is EXPENSIVER
Re: Lagos: Keke Napep Charges Are High by Donmichaelz(m): 8:05am On Oct 30, 2012
please whats keke napep...is it a place in lagos...
Re: Lagos: Keke Napep Charges Are High by Horus(m): 1:59pm On Oct 30, 2012

The moving trailer crushed six Keke Napeps before it was finally stopped by
another trailer that was motionless by the road side.
Re: Lagos: Keke Napep Charges Are High by Enoquin(f): 4:59pm On Oct 30, 2012
kelvincoll:

True are the words you speak, I had been in Uyo all d while but the difference is u can't compare Uyo roads wit d@ of lagos. Uyo has got very gud motorrable road networks and quality road, that somtimes u jst feel like trekking compared to the even the 'mega cities' part of lagos. D Govt of lag shud consider all dese bfore d ban. Fix d inners roads and den u can cast, bind and rebuke okada!!!

I agree that Uyo has good roads but some inner roads are still terrible. Again, I'd argue that it's because Uyo is somewhat smallish, that's why you'd trek and not because the road is smooth. The road from Ikot Ekpene to Essien Udim is extra smooth, but if the government bans bikes in Ikot Ekpene just like they did in Uyo, no one would attempt to trek to Essien Udim
And yet I have stopped using bikes in Lagos since last year when I went home during December...the roads are bad but it's not only Fashola's responsiblity, what are the local government chairmen doing about the inner roads in local communities?

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Was Shocked After Seeing This News. AU Knew Buhari Is Dead / Ways To Kickstart Your New Week / DE-KING, Unique & Simply Authentic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.