Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,858 members, 7,810,287 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:34 AM

Overland Airways - Is It Safe And Reliable? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Overland Airways - Is It Safe And Reliable? (3887 Views)

Is It Safe For Indian Like Me To Visit Nigeria / Nigeria Airways Plane Being Prepared For Take-Off In Ikeja, Lagos In 1969 (Pic) / Overland Plane Veers Off Runway In Ilorin: No Injuries Or Deaths (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Overland Airways - Is It Safe And Reliable? by kokoye(m): 6:20pm On Oct 29, 2012
I just realised I can fly from Loagos to Ibadan and back for 5000 naira with http://www.overland.aero/home.aspx. That sounds like a good deal to me considering traffic and security situations on the road.

Does anyone know about Overland's record ...safetywise? I never heard of them until now.
Re: Overland Airways - Is It Safe And Reliable? by alex406(m): 1:32pm On Oct 30, 2012
They have been operating for a while now and nothing bad have been heard of them. The price thingy is just because they have less patrotism and trying to lure customers to patronize them. But meanwhile i must admit,their aircraft are old aircrafts.
Good luck
Re: Overland Airways - Is It Safe And Reliable? by kokoye(m): 3:28pm On Oct 30, 2012
Thank you. I was surprised to see that rate and the fact that it has not caught on.

Old aircrafts....I think i'll pass ....

thanks again.
Re: Overland Airways - Is It Safe And Reliable? by chelseabmw(m): 10:07pm On Oct 30, 2012
lol.............u change your mind immediately grin
Re: Overland Airways - Is It Safe And Reliable? by jaybee3(m): 10:34pm On Oct 30, 2012
I have flown with them once and remembered saying to myself that it ain't ever gonna happen again. Flew the abuja - ibadan route and it was scary all through

1 Like

Re: Overland Airways - Is It Safe And Reliable? by kokoye(m): 2:42pm On Oct 31, 2012
chelseabmw: lol.............u change your mind immediately grin

lol Yes o.

I will be in naija very soon and was looking for ways of avoiding the terrible traffic to ibadan. Someone suggested overland and I checked it out online..saw 5000 naira and nearly freaked out. Too good to be true.

So i wondered why it had not caught on..i know a lot of people would prefer air travel from Lagos to ibadan with all the mess on the road..for 5000!

But obviously, even though no one has said anything about a crash, they said their aircrafts are from the 18th century.

So ...i'll psyche myself up to leave lagos early and hopefully will make it to ibadan in one peace and a few hours. Will aslo need to avoid those prayer city and redemption camp days smiley

Thanks jaybee..you are only the second person I know who's flown that airline. The first guy said it was a flight from lagos to ilorin, but the plane made stops at ilesha and oshogbo to drop off people. found that hard to believe though LOL
Re: Overland Airways - Is It Safe And Reliable? by jaybee3(m): 2:58pm On Oct 31, 2012
Lagos to Ibadan motorway ain't that bad as people make it to be. I have done the journey twice in the past week alone and didn't spend more than an hour and a half on either occasion. Both journeys have been during the weekdays though if that helps
Re: Overland Airways - Is It Safe And Reliable? by kokoye(m): 3:43pm On Oct 31, 2012
weekdays it is then smiley

thanks again
Re: Overland Airways - Is It Safe And Reliable? by Fiver: 5:23am On Nov 01, 2012
Got to abuja last week, had a friend who wanted to mEet up from ilorin but due to bad roads and the flood I sugggested the overland. I've previously read about it before coming. It was 24k one way.
Apparently the flight was coming from lagos: people were still on board lol though no complaint

Lagos-ibadan is easy by road!!
Re: Overland Airways - Is It Safe And Reliable? by FlyinNaija: 7:53pm On Nov 02, 2012
Overland aircraft Old? They just took delivery of the newest aeroplane in Nigerian airspace
http://www.overland.aero/news/overland-airways-takes-delivery-of-atr-72-aircraft.aspx

I agree that their current fleet isnt necessarily young, but then from a professional point of view they are not aged either.

1 Like

Re: Overland Airways - Is It Safe And Reliable? by kokoye(m): 7:35pm On Nov 06, 2012
Road! ...I'm waking up early to avoid the traffic..and hopefully the churches.

Thanks guys
Re: Overland Airways - Is It Safe And Reliable? by horlajide: 2:20pm On Nov 08, 2012
shocked Overland ke!!!!! Please don't even contemplate O°˚˚˚˚˚°o ,boarded overland to Asaba from Lagos, if no be say I be young man I for don die of heart attack inside the plane.
Everyone in plane kept looking at the other's face like "please feel free to lead us in our Last prayer"

5 Likes

Re: Overland Airways - Is It Safe And Reliable? by kokoye(m): 4:09pm On Nov 09, 2012
lol

I don hear o....not worth the stress...and I dey use blood pressure medication LOL.
Re: Overland Airways - Is It Safe And Reliable? by Nobody: 1:15am On Nov 12, 2012
Lol, una de fear bad death?
Re: Overland Airways - Is It Safe And Reliable? by kokoye(m): 6:18pm On Nov 12, 2012
blink182: Lol, una de fear bad death?

who cares if it is good or bad? death na death.

On ther other hand, i recently heard from a reliable source that Overland aircrafts are indeed safe, they are just scary to fly because of the nature of their engines..which rarely crash.

But still, I'll pass smiley

2 Likes

Re: Overland Airways - Is It Safe And Reliable? by gistcity(m): 4:57pm On Dec 10, 2020
This is one of the nicest domestic airlines in the country.

(1) (Reply)

Can A Student In Canada Invite Me To Canada? Urgent. / Angel Like Creature Falls Down From The Sky (picture) / Singapore's Changi Airport, Inside The World's Greatest Airport(Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.