Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,615 members, 7,813,023 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:33 AM

Possibility Of Pregnancy - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Possibility Of Pregnancy (6358 Views)

Ladies, See The Shocking Effect Of Postinor 2 (drug For Prevention Of Pregnancy) / How To Avoid Pregnancy Naturally / Constant Spitting At Early Stage Of Pregnancy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Possibility Of Pregnancy by Gbemyte(f): 4:51pm On Jan 28, 2008
doctors in the house help me out,i had my period on d 3rd january, had sex on the 19th is there any posssibility of pregnancy? urget answer will be appreciated.
Re: Possibility Of Pregnancy by ifyalways(f): 6:17pm On Jan 28, 2008
Gbemyte:

doctors in the house help me out,i had my period on d 3rd january, had sex on the 19th is there any posssibility of pregnancy? urget answer will be appreciated.
na real waoo for this land. shocked shocked shocked shocked
you had unprotected sex with your hubby i guess,so why worry abt pregnancy ?
way to go ! sad
Re: Possibility Of Pregnancy by Gbemyte(f): 10:53am On Jan 29, 2008
am not married with my fiance
Re: Possibility Of Pregnancy by Gbemyte(f): 10:56am On Jan 29, 2008
am not married  is with my fiance
Re: Possibility Of Pregnancy by ifyalways(f): 4:05pm On Jan 29, 2008
Gbemyte:

am not married  is with my fiance
ehen hehe better then  tongue
the more reason for you to expect the baby with joy  kiss
once a girl is old enough to have sex,shes not a baby anymore.
once a girl is responsible enough to have unprotected sex,shes a big girl then.
way to go baby girl !

@topic you saw your menstrual flow on the 3rd january,how long did it last?i know ovulation occurs 14 - 16 days before menstruation and fertilization occurs only after ovulation.again the egg/ova (woman)stays alive for about 24 hrs while the sperm(man) stays alive in a womans body for as long as 7 days.now, swetie figure it out yourself  kiss
Re: Possibility Of Pregnancy by napa: 8:23pm On Jan 29, 2008
Safe period

Ovulation happens around 14 days before the first day of the next expected date of MC. About five days before and after this day of ovulation, including the day of ovulation are the days when there is a possibility of pregnancy, making them 'unsafe'. Rest all the days are supposed to be safe.

In a thirty days menstrual cycle, days 12 to 22 are the most likely days when a woman can get pregnant. This period is also known as 'unsafe period'. Rest of the days are supposed to be safe. Safe periods are not very safe, as they are calculated with the presumption that the MC periods are 'regular'. It is very common for periods to go irregular due to various physiological as well as psychological causes. In that case the calculation of safe period can go wrong, making it 'unsafe'.

Calculate the rest yourself
Re: Possibility Of Pregnancy by ifyalways(f): 8:28pm On Jan 29, 2008
napa:

Safe period

Ovulation happens around 14 days before the first day of the next expected date of MC. About five days before and after this day of ovulation, including the day of ovulation are the days when there is a possibility of pregnancy, making them 'unsafe'. Rest all the days are supposed to be safe.

In a thirty days menstrual cycle, days 12 to 22 are the most likely days when a woman can get pregnant. This period is also known as 'unsafe period'. Rest of the days are supposed to be safe. Safe periods are not very safe, as they are calculated with the presumption that the MC periods are 'regular'. It is very common for periods to go irregular due to various physiological as well as psychological causes. In that case the calculation of safe period can go wrong, making it 'unsafe'.

Calculate the rest yourself

good piece but what happens if her cycle isnt 30 days?
i love the ending part of it most ,she has to do some calculations too ! so she would be more careful next time   tongue
Re: Possibility Of Pregnancy by Gbemyte(f): 12:34pm On Jan 30, 2008
tanx for all ur replies but the reason y i want to knw is that my family is against my union with the guy i called my fiance, i dont knw how to call it off because i love him,am just been scared of pregnancy not that am a babe but,
Re: Possibility Of Pregnancy by Gbemyte(f): 12:35pm On Jan 30, 2008
the period lasted for 5dys(3rd-7th jan)
Re: Possibility Of Pregnancy by ifyalways(f): 5:41pm On Jan 30, 2008
so were you able to calculate it yourself?
have you heard of the morning after pills? talk to your doctor if you want to know abt it.it might as well save you some headache.why not pratise safe sex dear untill atleast things get ok btw your parents and your fiancee undecided
Re: Possibility Of Pregnancy by Gbemyte(f): 9:43am On Jan 31, 2008
tanx 4 being there for me ify i ll ask my doctor.after moning pills did i get it right?
Re: Possibility Of Pregnancy by Jezgirl(f): 12:58am On Feb 09, 2008
@ POSTER, u had your period between 3rd - 7th of january, a woman's monthly cycle is measured from d first day of her menstrual period until d first day of her next period. On average, a woman's cycle normally is between 28-32 days, but some women may have much shorter cycles or much longer ones. Ovulation can be calculated by starting with the day the last menstrual period (LMP) starts or by calculating 12-16 days from the next expected period. Most women ovulate anywhere between Day 11 - Day 21 of their cycle, counting from the first day of the LMP

So i can say your ovulation days falls between 14th - 18th of january by counting 12 - 16 days from d day u started your period. If i were u, i wld buy a pregancy kit jus 2 be 100% sure.

D main thing here is to first knw d exact date u ovulate, like sum women out der, not everyone can work that out.  You may be able to pinpoint your most fertile days by recognisin d signs of hormonal change in your body. Sum women can actually feel ovulation happenin. The condition, called mittelschmerz, is sumetimes described as a "one-sided back ache" or a particular tenderness in d lower abdomen, which may last a few minutes to a few hours. You may not ave noticed such an obvious sign of ovulation yourself, but there r other changes to look out 4.

As your menstrual cycle progresses check your cervical mucus daily. You may notice that it changes in consistency dependin on where you are in your cycle. Around the time of ovulation, your cervical mucus becomes clear, slippery and stretchy. The position and feel of the cervix also changes around the time of ovulation, from hard, low, closed and dry to soft, high, open and wet.

If u can work out d exact date u ovulate, den u wil b able 2 knw weneva u ovulate in each month. Den don't u think u've got a greenlight 2 avin sex without avin 2 worry bout unwanted pregnancy?

Hope that helps a bit. kiss
Re: Possibility Of Pregnancy by fsb(m): 5:05am On Feb 10, 2008
Hi Gbemyte,

Well, if you had your period between 3rd and 7th and assuming you have a 28 day cycle, then if you had sex on the 19th, I believe it is unlikely that you are pregnant.

With the assumption of a 28 day cycle, your ovulation period would have fallen occured btw the 16th and 17th of january. A mature ovum released during ovulation usually only has a fertilizable period of 24hrs. But all this is only based on assumption.

Assuming you had taken morning after pill on the 20th, then there should also be no problem. It'll be great if you don't get pregnant till after you guys get married. Since your in Nigeria, you can get morning after pills from any good pharmacy, Just ask for POSTINOL-2. It contains 2 tablets of 0.75mg levonorgestrel. It's very effective. You take the first one as early as possible after sex and the second tablet 12hrs after the first.

Note however that the manufacturers say the pills are effective only when taken within the first 72hrs of intercourse.

Cheers!!!
Re: Possibility Of Pregnancy by Gbemyte(f): 9:59am On Feb 12, 2008
tanx 4 all ur replies they re helpful and ve been able to calculate it my circle is 30days.Thanx verybody and God bless u all.
Re: Possibility Of Pregnancy by SeeWhy(f): 12:43pm On Feb 12, 2008
Don't ge off so fast, So are you pregnant? better go for a test cos in case u don't know no method is 100% effective, So safe period or not, Your not totally safe from getting pregnant.

My advice , If you wanna have sex, be wise enough to use protection

Av funnnnnnn!

(1) (Reply)

Endocrinologist In The House. Ask All Your Questions On Diabetes And Other Endoc / Grow Taller Pills With Only Possible With Nigerian Harbal Pills? / R.I.P In Advance To Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.