Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,814 members, 7,827,992 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 08:50 PM

Senegal Coach Kasperczak Resigns - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Senegal Coach Kasperczak Resigns (849 Views)

Keshi Makes Mali Shortlist, As Kasperczak Gets The Boot / Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach / NFF sacks Amodu, may have appointed Henry Wojciech Kasperczak (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Senegal Coach Kasperczak Resigns by EKENEA(m): 4:56pm On Jan 28, 2008
From BBC

Senegal coach Henri Kasperczak has resigned with immediate effect following his team's poor performances at the Africa Cup of Nations in Ghana.
The Teranga Lions lost 3-1 to Angola on Sunday and now have only a slim chance of qualifying for the last eight.

Senegal assistant coach Lamine Ndiaye will take charge of their final game, against South Africa on Thursday.

Kasperczak, in charge since May 2006, said: "I assume all responsibility for the poor showing."

I'm not looking to blame anyone or look for an excuse

Henri Kasperczak

Speaking on Monday, Kasperczak added: "I tendered my resignation immediately after the match against Angola to the president of the Senegalese federation and it has been accepted. I have informed the players.

"I'm not looking to blame anyone or look for an excuse, but maybe with me out of sight things might turn out well because we still have a chance."

Senegal have one point from their two matches and must defeat South Africa and rely on Tunisia defeating Angola to have any chance of progressing.

Technical director of the Senegalese football federation, Amata Fall, told BBC Sport that Kasperczak's resignation came out of the blue.

"We are surprised he has taken this decision because there was a good bond between him and the players," said Fall.

Kasperczak, who played for Poland at the World Cup in 1974, has previously been in charge of Ivory Coast, Tunisia and Mali.

Senegal reached the Africa Cup of Nations semi-finals in 2006, the last eight in 2004 and were finalists in 2002.
Re: Senegal Coach Kasperczak Resigns by davidif: 12:22am On Feb 02, 2008
what a quitter. angry
Re: Senegal Coach Kasperczak Resigns by Nobody: 4:28am On Feb 02, 2008
he did a noble thing, let vogts follow suit after the ghana match
Re: Senegal Coach Kasperczak Resigns by davidif: 9:14am On Feb 02, 2008
olrotimi;
Quitting is not and has never been a noble thing. Its an act of cowardice and weakness. This guys put there trust in this man and he quit on them when the going got tough what a shame, the guy should go hide somewhere for betraying the trust this players had on him.  cry  cry  cry
I am sure you've heard the following cliches;
when the going gets tough, the tough gets going
winners never quit and quitters never win.

(1) (Reply)

Liverpool Fc Unstoppable This Season / Mikel And Lost Opportunity Of Epl Titles / Tb Joshua People, Better Predict Now Oh

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.