Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,740 members, 7,820,546 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:51 PM

Good Governance Tour Town Hall Meeting Live In Benue(Pictures & Report) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Good Governance Tour Town Hall Meeting Live In Benue(Pictures & Report) (2359 Views)

South East Leaders & Stakeholders' Meeting: Live Update (pics) / PDP Faults Fashola's Criticism Of Good Governance Tour / Good Governance Tour Ill-conceived – Fashola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Good Governance Tour Town Hall Meeting Live In Benue(Pictures & Report) by Countryman93: 12:38pm On Oct 31, 2012
[b]The National Good Governance Tour which is an initiative of the Minister of Information, Labaran Maku, to showcase dividends of democracy has entered its 3 rd day. In fulfillment of a major component of the tour, the Town hall meeting has started live in Markurdi. You can tune in to NTA for live updates and questions on the Following projects showcased during the tour.

The Benue state University Teaching Hospital which was commissioned on 9 th March 2012. The hospital has a 350 bed capacity, 8 theatres and has a staff strength of over 500 including 10 professors and 50 consultants.

The Greater Markudi water plant with  a capacity to pump 100,000 cubic meters of water daily to the metropolis.

Makurdi - Naka road measuring 8 km and completed by the Benue State Government with solar powered street lights.

The Orange processing and packaging plant built by the State Govt and handed over to private sector managers-Teragro.

A new medical complex at the Nigerian Navy Provost and Regulatory school.

Construction of a 100 cubic metre Multi Purpose Dam at Otukpo being undertaken by the Federal Ministry of Water Resources. Dam will will also have a hydro power plant which will generate 3.3MW of power.
It was also disclosed that the FG is presently constructing 23 dams nationwide.

Construction of Oturkpo-Utonkon-Okpoga Road
Inauguration of New Radio station Harvest FM
Construction of power sub station Makurdi.

Power Transmission Project- the ongoing construction of the Jos-Makurdi-Ugwuaji-Ikot Ekpene 330 KV line and its associated 330/132 sub-station in Apir, Benue State is to serve as a major power evacuation link between the stranded generated power in the South-South Geo-political zone and the northern part of the country.[/b]

You can ask questions and make enquiries on tweeter: @FMINigeria

Re: Good Governance Tour Town Hall Meeting Live In Benue(Pictures & Report) by Mekusnwa: 12:44pm On Oct 31, 2012
Oya Bad belle people, start bombarding them with questions if you feel they are lying about the projects they have claimed.
Re: Good Governance Tour Town Hall Meeting Live In Benue(Pictures & Report) by Maduale: 1:10pm On Oct 31, 2012
Maku is on fire. I just like the way the man talks. He is making real sense. He is saying that without this tour many people will be ignorant of the ongoing programmes of govt.
He says democracy is all about participation and govts at all levels must be accountable to the people at each point in time. # making sense.
Re: Good Governance Tour Town Hall Meeting Live In Benue(Pictures & Report) by SOHKAHTOA: 1:10pm On Oct 31, 2012
Slow and steady wins this race. So far, the federal government has made meaningful structural / capital developments in the five states visited.The government of Benue seem to be channelling her energy towards road construction. Well, I wish all the states well. Can't wait to see all the states visited so we can judge for ourselves, not relying on media propaganda.
Re: Good Governance Tour Town Hall Meeting Live In Benue(Pictures & Report) by Puntae: 1:11pm On Oct 31, 2012
This is accountability and transparency at work. An idea born out of genius!
Re: Good Governance Tour Town Hall Meeting Live In Benue(Pictures & Report) by Dollarman101: 1:13pm On Oct 31, 2012
grin grin grin see Aba Moro dey talk. This man is just a crude politician. Everything is politics for him. Look at the way he started first by eulogising Suswam. That one head come dey swell.
Re: Good Governance Tour Town Hall Meeting Live In Benue(Pictures & Report) by Nonnyz: 1:18pm On Oct 31, 2012
This tour have been accorded much relevance, the propaganda it offers haven toured Five States of the Federation, are indeed commendable.
Re: Good Governance Tour Town Hall Meeting Live In Benue(Pictures & Report) by Arobam: 1:21pm On Oct 31, 2012
Dollarman101: grin grin grin see Aba Moro dey talk. This man is just a crude politician. Everything is politics for him. Look at the way he started first by eulogising Suswam. That one head come dey swell.
I heard Moro wants to contest Governorship of Benue in 2015 so this may be part of his own politicking. He left his job in Abuja just to come and praise Suswam in this Town Hall meeting. Mtcheeeew!
Re: Good Governance Tour Town Hall Meeting Live In Benue(Pictures & Report) by Dpeacemaker101: 1:21pm On Oct 31, 2012
I have been following this tour. The 9th mile road that is not completed till now, is really bad. Especially, for people going to the south east for Christmas. The contractor should be punished for this situation, and the march deadline is too far.
Re: Good Governance Tour Town Hall Meeting Live In Benue(Pictures & Report) by divatosin(f): 1:25pm On Oct 31, 2012
From all indications, Benue state govt recorded the least in achievements so far. I wonder what Suswam is doing rather than showing off himself and forming fine boy
Re: Good Governance Tour Town Hall Meeting Live In Benue(Pictures & Report) by Zutchy: 1:25pm On Oct 31, 2012
SOH KAH TOA: Slow and steady wins this race. So far, the federal government has made meaningful structural / capital developments in the five states visited.The government of Benue seem to be channelling her energy towards road construction. Well, I wish all the states well. Can't wait to see all the states visited so we can judge for ourselves, not relying on media propaganda.
True talk,it seems like suswam has decided to use roads and wound benue people,nice one,I believe this is so so that it will be possible to evacuate farm produces easily,benue beign the food basket of the nation and all,but that is like the most major achievement of Suswam and this is not supposed to be the case for a second term governor.
Re: Good Governance Tour Town Hall Meeting Live In Benue(Pictures & Report) by Gorillaunit: 1:27pm On Oct 31, 2012
Suswan is just an empty barrel with a loud mouth. The guy No perform jare, he should go and learn from plateau state governor. No good project in his state.
Re: Good Governance Tour Town Hall Meeting Live In Benue(Pictures & Report) by Dollarman101: 1:28pm On Oct 31, 2012
diva_tosin: From all indications, Benue state govt recorded the least in achievements so far. I wonder what Suswam is doing rather than showing off himself and forming fine boy

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy somebody is having a crush oooo grin grin
Re: Good Governance Tour Town Hall Meeting Live In Benue(Pictures & Report) by Elueme: 1:30pm On Oct 31, 2012
What I love about this tour is the courage the information minister has in admitting areas of failed projects. He made mentioned of a road project awarded years five years ago with the contractors handling the project drag footing and the subsequent revocation and rewarding of such contracts. The new contractor has no choice than to be serious.
In all, this tour has more benefits than harm, so cynics can hug transformer. I love the blunt questions being thrown at the governors.
Re: Good Governance Tour Town Hall Meeting Live In Benue(Pictures & Report) by Nonnyz: 1:30pm On Oct 31, 2012
Maduale: Maku is on fire. I just like the way the man talks. He is making real sense. He is saying that without this tour many people will be ignorant of the ongoing programmes of govt.
He says democracy is all about participation and govts at all levels must be accountable to the people at each point in time. # making sense.
In as much as I agree with the showmanship of this GGT, and also agree that without this tour some pp may be ignorant of what the govt have in stock; I believe also, that the pp need not follow up with any tour of whatever kind to be able to identify changes in their various society. An instance is, if the kwashiorkor road leading to my school is tarred by the govt, then, I believe the govt is doing something and with such, there is the presence of Good Governance..
Re: Good Governance Tour Town Hall Meeting Live In Benue(Pictures & Report) by Elueme: 1:32pm On Oct 31, 2012
diva_tosin: From all indications, Benue state govt recorded the least in achievements so far. I wonder what Suswam is doing rather than showing off himself and forming fine boy
True talk. I noticed same. If I am asked, I think Plateau is the best so far followed by Kwara .
Re: Good Governance Tour Town Hall Meeting Live In Benue(Pictures & Report) by Vogue50: 1:39pm On Oct 31, 2012
A loud kudos to the benue state governor , Gabriel Susan , for his commitment to render selfless services to his people. I commend him for his doggedness in providing good health facilities and the needed expertise to run the sector , adequate infrastructure In Benue State.
The tour has made known to Nigerians that government is really working hard to move the country forward.
Re: Good Governance Tour Town Hall Meeting Live In Benue(Pictures & Report) by Mallamabdul: 1:40pm On Oct 31, 2012
The hall looks filled to the brim. People are really following this stuff.
Re: Good Governance Tour Town Hall Meeting Live In Benue(Pictures & Report) by ogbeidejude: 1:42pm On Oct 31, 2012
This is democracy at work. It goes a long way to show how uninformed these armchair critics are. Nigerians shud be properly informed on what is going on. I'm impressed. Though as Oliver twist we want more. Maku tanks for d exposure. God bless u all.
Re: Good Governance Tour Town Hall Meeting Live In Benue(Pictures & Report) by Puntae: 1:44pm On Oct 31, 2012
Ki re oooo.... nko ti oju ba ri, enu o so! This propaganda wouldn't ve come at a better time. Though the government need to tighten some loose ends but with this, I think it will go a long way to check the activities of the State governments and will instill the zeal to deliver effectively to the people.
Re: Good Governance Tour Town Hall Meeting Live In Benue(Pictures & Report) by Zutchy: 1:46pm On Oct 31, 2012
You know I seriously admire the courage of Maku,he does not send,he asks the questions that need to be asked,he expresses disappointment where it is necessary no matter who is to blame,he s not attempting any cover ups,no wonder one newspaper said he is beginning to cause embarrassment for some with his tour,he is determined to showcase the achievements of the Govt and put paid to all tongue wranglers and scallywags who have been shouting on the top of their voices that the Govt is not working,he is putting them all to shame gradually,but I will not give Suswam anything above 50%,he has just performed averagely compared to his counterparts in the other states visited so far,the major project I saw there were the ones beign carried out by the FG.Maku should please watch his back because the Govt detractors will start planning how to harm his reputation seeing as he is putting them to shame single handedly.
Re: Good Governance Tour Town Hall Meeting Live In Benue(Pictures & Report) by divatosin(f): 1:53pm On Oct 31, 2012
Countryman93:
The guy still try ooo. You need to see the Benue state university structures that he has built. He also rebuilt that Makurdi -Naka road and put in solar streets lights all over the town.
So that is all he has to offer for 6 years as Governor of Benue state. Poor! I m watching his commissioner of information telling lies at that town hall meeting. The orange processing plant had long been completed even before Suswam came in as Governor. Akume built that plant and handed it over to Transcorp in 2005. I hope to forward this question to them now. Suswam is a failure!
Re: Good Governance Tour Town Hall Meeting Live In Benue(Pictures & Report) by Eziza1: 1:53pm On Oct 31, 2012
Before now me think say all dis tins na washie. Now my eye don clear. Dem mean am oh. tins dey happen oh. See new new tins for we country oh. Una do well oh. But make una still do more oh. But Maku get sense oh. Him still dey talk d gud and d bad side oh. Na wa oh. Una don do well.
Re: Good Governance Tour Town Hall Meeting Live In Benue(Pictures & Report) by Bukkyade: 1:56pm On Oct 31, 2012
Who is the man that spoke last on a blue kaftan, he spoke very well.
Re: Good Governance Tour Town Hall Meeting Live In Benue(Pictures & Report) by Vogue50: 2:02pm On Oct 31, 2012
Gorilla unit: Suswan is just an empty barrel with a loud mouth. The guy No perform jare, he should go and learn from plateau state governor. No good project in his state.
I'm glad that the essence of embarking on "Good Governance Tour" is not a waste of resources. It now provides us with Cogent facts to criticize or applaud a governor - whether performing or under performing - for disbursing public funds.
The tour is worthwhile and I commend the information minister , labaran Maku , for such unprecedented initiative.
Re: Good Governance Tour Town Hall Meeting Live In Benue(Pictures & Report) by ubandire(m): 2:05pm On Oct 31, 2012
If there is something this tour has done,it is bringing to our knowledge those unreported achievements of this unassuming and quiet administration.From the north central presently being toured,we have been bombarded with projects,projects and projects.

Important projects that were hitherto unknown have now been made known to the general public,leaving it at our doorsteps to verify,this is very laudable in the sense that this kind of is alien 2 us,but that's the essence of transformation,a clear departure from the past,if should ask:when did we ever have access to projects and their costs,but here we are being let into govt accounts.

As the tour of Benue state draws to an end,I must commend the team led by the indefatigable minister,Labaran Maku for this NGGT initiative.we have been seeing projects we never knew existed eg:Power Transmission Project- the ongoing construction of the Jos-Makurdi-Ugwuaji-Ikot Ekpene 330 KV line and its associated 330/132 sub-station in Apir, Benue State is to serve as a major power evacuation link between the stranded generated power in the South-South Geo-political zone and the northern part of the country.

The above is a very important project in the preparation towards the improvement of power supply.For now let me concentrate on watching the town hall meeting.
Re: Good Governance Tour Town Hall Meeting Live In Benue(Pictures & Report) by Louis88: 2:08pm On Oct 31, 2012
Countryman93:
The guy still try ooo. You need to see the Benue state university structures that he has built. He also rebuilt that Makurdi -Naka road and put in solar streets lights all over the town.
True and I commend him for that,but he is a second term governor and more should be able to be attributed to his government,I mean putting in street lights,yes it beautifies the town but it does not effect any change in the lives of the average man out there,he constructed roads and it is vey lovely,but benue is an agric state and so far Suswam has not done much to further the welfare of the farmers,let him encourage mechanized farming and that will make a huge impact in benue state.Nice one to Maku anyways I like the idea of this his tour greatly,it is really a very enlightening initiative and a nice move by the Ministry of Information to create the awareness about Govt projects that we as Nigerians lack.
Re: Good Governance Tour Town Hall Meeting Live In Benue(Pictures & Report) by divatosin(f): 2:09pm On Oct 31, 2012
Nkechi Mba, the president of NCWS, was right on point there. Govts at levels should Endeavour to emulate Jonathan's committment to 35% women affirmative action by appointing women into key positions in their various states.
GEJ has really tried with the likes of NOI, DIEZANI, REMI OYO, ARUNMAH OTEH, IFUEKO OMOIGUI, ONAGORUWA , STELLA ODUA, SARAH OCHEKPE, holding key positions at the federal level
Re: Good Governance Tour Town Hall Meeting Live In Benue(Pictures & Report) by Eziza1: 2:19pm On Oct 31, 2012
Make una see oh. Dis man no too do many tins oh but d small one wen him do get d direct benefit of d people. Na very important tins him put hand sha. E good sha. Me go like say him do more tins oh. Money dey ground to use, me trust GEJ say him release money well well to all d states. Make una work oh. Maku na man u be. U talk am as e be, if na some people now them go wan play politics wit d developments. Maku well don oh.
Re: Good Governance Tour Town Hall Meeting Live In Benue(Pictures & Report) by Elueme: 2:28pm On Oct 31, 2012
I can't wait to compare Fashola vs Akpabio, Amaechi vs Oshiomohle , Ajimobi vs Sule Lamido etc.. An end is coming to propaganda... We shall see things live with our naked eyes.
Re: Good Governance Tour Town Hall Meeting Live In Benue(Pictures & Report) by Maduale: 2:30pm On Oct 31, 2012
ubandire: .

As the tour of Benue state comes to an end,I must commend the team led by the indefatigable minister,Labaran Maku for this NGGT initiative.we have been seeing projects we never knew existed eg:Power Transmission Project- the ongoing construction of the Jos-Makurdi-Ugwuaji-Ikot Ekpene 330 KV line and its associated 330/132 sub-station in Apir, Benue State is to serve as a major power evacuation link between the stranded generated power in the South-South Geo-political zone and the northern part of the country.

The above is a very important project in the preparation towards the improvement of power supply.For now let me concentrate on watching the town hall meeting.

Gbam! Me too

(1) (2) (Reply)

Moses Otiede Engages Governor Uduaghan's Younger Sister Alero Uduaghan / NAFDAC DG, Ministers Escape Air Crash / STELLA ODUAH TO Journalist-you Don’t Read Or Understand English

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.