Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,849 members, 7,817,515 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:35 PM

Your Experience With Online Shopping, Cash-on-delivery And Shipping - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Your Experience With Online Shopping, Cash-on-delivery And Shipping (2248 Views)

Get This Online Fashion Store Website With Online Payment Processor / Buying And Shipping goods from dubai,hotel and ticket reservations / Online Shopping In Lagos. Has It Come To Stay? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Your Experience With Online Shopping, Cash-on-delivery And Shipping by 9jabizinfo: 2:51pm On Oct 31, 2012
Hello,

We just opened our online store: http://www.oloribeautiful.com/ and we have a few questions so we can serve our clients better.

Here are my questions to store owners:

1. Is it really cheaper to do the delivery yourself within Lagos or outsource to a courier service? If courier service, any suggestions?
2. What is your experience on cash-on-delivery? What method of payment do your online customers prefer?

Here are my questions to online shoppers:
1. What makes you buy from a shop online?
2. What is your preferred payment method?
3. How much is reasonable to pay for shipping to your location? Please include your location like state in your replies please.

Your response will be highly appreciated. Thanks
Re: Your Experience With Online Shopping, Cash-on-delivery And Shipping by sholatech(m): 3:22pm On Oct 31, 2012
It is always good to see Nigerian companies sell online. You have a good website design already..that is one of the things that somehow attracts me, a chronic online shopper. I buy a lot online as it enables me check several options and save time without leaving my home. I love to read user's reviews(lots of them) on the seller's website before buying. That is what takes me to amazon.com every day!!
My prefered payment model is use of debit/credit cards, followed by online transfer into seller's account or most recently the Cash on delivery option by Konga.com and .

I think it is better you negotiate with Ifex/UPS/FedEx so take care of your deliveries all over Nigeria. They will give you volume discount as a regular corporate customer.

Do your products fits all, or you need specify available size options??
Re: Your Experience With Online Shopping, Cash-on-delivery And Shipping by 9jabizinfo: 3:46pm On Oct 31, 2012
@sholatech

Yes products are one size fits all.

Thanks for commending our page design smiley Thanks for your pointers on the shipping partners. I would assume they would like to see a minimum volume before they offer those discounts...do you know any info on this? I can most certainly follow up with them. Thanks again.

I am also a little surprised by your answer of debit cards as it has been my assumption that many Nigerians do not like giving their card info out online....Thanks though for this enlightening response smiley
Re: Your Experience With Online Shopping, Cash-on-delivery And Shipping by Nobody: 11:23pm On Oct 31, 2012
Hi I'm Olufunmi, Web designs attract me to an online shop, customer reviews and price too smiley I prefer payment on delivery or paying through trusted payment gateways, for shipping cost i can't say, but it has to be less than the price of what i'm buying

**Get customers to write reviews after purchasing, people love to read about what they are buying from other sources wink
http://ycfonlinedirectory..com
9jabizinfo: Hello,

We just opened our online store: http://www.oloribeautiful.com/ and we have a few questions so we can serve our clients better.

Here are my questions to store owners:

1. Is it really cheaper to do the delivery yourself within Lagos or outsource to a courier service? If courier service, any suggestions?
2. What is your experience on cash-on-delivery? What method of payment do your online customers prefer?

Here are my questions to online shoppers:
1. What makes you buy from a shop online?
2. What is your preferred payment method?
3. How much is reasonable to pay for shipping to your location? Please include your location like state in your replies please.

Your response will be highly appreciated. Thanks
Re: Your Experience With Online Shopping, Cash-on-delivery And Shipping by 9jabizinfo: 5:57am On Nov 01, 2012
@tessy

Thanks for you input. Really appreciate it. I am really learning alot about the value of customer reviews. Never thought it was that important but now I am wiser smiley
Was our web design attractive enough?
Re: Your Experience With Online Shopping, Cash-on-delivery And Shipping by onefinest: 4:29am On Nov 02, 2012
I am addicted to online shopping since I started shopping at MicoStar Mall www.micostarmall.com. Theirs is a little different from yours because they are international but they are partnered with couriers that deliver to customers all over Nigeria. My last order through them was delivered to my office by UPS and they are rated as the best and safest online mall for those who want to shop avroad from Nigeria. So I suggest you do the same by using local couriers to take away that responsibility. Good luck
Re: Your Experience With Online Shopping, Cash-on-delivery And Shipping by 9jabizinfo: 5:24am On Nov 02, 2012
@onefinest

Thanks for the suggestion. Really appreciate it!
Re: Your Experience With Online Shopping, Cash-on-delivery And Shipping by priceman: 6:06pm On Nov 02, 2012
Good to read good ideas and enterpreneurs venturing into online business. Remember Kalahari.com.ng? (currently lying in internet cemetry. RIP).I would like to advise you enterprenuers to join www.Ngpricehunter.com where your products can be marketed for free. Apart from giving your products multiple online presence for free, your products are taken straight to top 5 results on google 1st pages within two weeks of your adding your products. A word is enough for the wise.
Re: Your Experience With Online Shopping, Cash-on-delivery And Shipping by newspapers: 10:45pm On Feb 20, 2021
Cash On Delivery... Hmmm.
Where do I start with my experience?
Well, it's been good so far.
When you utilize online platforms default deliveries (Pay On Delivery), there are less risks involved.

We also have some great Logistics like:

1. GIG Logistics - https://giglogistics.com/ (Registered Entity)

2. PayONDelivery Logistics - https://www.payondelivery.ng/ (Registered Entity)

3. AB Logistics - https://ablogistics.com.ng/

4. DHL (Limit Opinions for eMarketers)

5. Nigeria Price Logistics - https://www.nigeriaprice.ng/

I'll keep updating the list as I used the services.

(1) (Reply)

Art Nigeria / Fashion Logos From When Daddys Were Boyz. / PHOTO: Make-up Goes Wrong As Two Friends Over Powder Their Faces To An Event

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.