Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,414 members, 7,819,483 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:02 PM

Why Do Girls Like Pink? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Why Do Girls Like Pink? (1826 Views)

Why Did Most Girls Like Taking Picture Nowadays. / How Do I Make My Font Colour Pink / Why Do Nigerian Girls Like ''yahoo Boys'' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Girls Like Pink? by engrtee(f): 9:53pm On Oct 31, 2012
I wonda y gals are so fond of color pink. 97% have pink as d best color. Chek their wardrope, from shoes, 9t gown.., bra,pant, skirt ,blouse etc. Why is dis so?
Re: Why Do Girls Like Pink? by Nobody: 12:04am On Nov 01, 2012
Because thier pussycat is pink..
Re: Why Do Girls Like Pink? by tobechi20(m): 6:44am On Nov 01, 2012
They hav a pink hormone
Re: Why Do Girls Like Pink? by Nobody: 3:17am On Nov 02, 2012
coolkris: Because thier pussycat is pink..

grin

@topic: though i am a girl..very feminine, pink is my least favorite color.
I am a [size=18pt]TRUE BLUE[/size] fanatic!! cool

1 Like

Re: Why Do Girls Like Pink? by Nobody: 2:58am On Nov 03, 2012
is more feminine smiley
Re: Why Do Girls Like Pink? by Nobody: 3:26am On Nov 03, 2012
@OP, your statistics is rather very shady.

Pink is actually one of my worst colors. To answer your question, pink is the color society has always attached to females right from their births. When parents/people shop for little kids, they more often than not buy pink stuff for the girls and blue stuff for the boys. This is a true gender stereotype. But for some reason, as boys grow up, the develop a wider spectrum of colors while girls develop a less wide one and prefer the red/pink spectrum. I think it's because we are brought up to believe that pink is feminine.
Re: Why Do Girls Like Pink? by k2039: 8:39am On Nov 03, 2012
ItsModella: @OP, your statistics is rather very shady.

Pink is actually one of my worst colors. To answer your question, pink is the color society has always attached to females right from their births. When parents/people shop for little kids, they more often than not buy pink stuff for the girls and blue stuff for the boys. This is a true gender stereotype. But for some reason, as boys grow up, the develop a wider spectrum of colors while girls develop a less wide one and prefer the red/pink spectrum. I think it's because we are brought up to believe that pink is feminine.

I only changed my font color because you had a issue with it
Re: Why Do Girls Like Pink? by Mynd44: 8:45am On Nov 03, 2012
linda_1: is more feminine smiley
Define feminine. Black was always called masculine but my ex's favorite color was black
Re: Why Do Girls Like Pink? by Nobody: 7:22pm On Nov 03, 2012
Mynd_44:
Define feminine. Black was always called masculine but my ex's favorite color was black

Define Feminine?? tongue grin

feminine- Is a women behaving with a touch of class, being soft and sweet, being the best you can be, being firm in your beliefs
Not acting wild and tough... not trying to act like the guys!

most women that wear pink have confidence, love herself and loves being a women. Someone that likes to look pretty all the time..likes dresses and skirts, blouses, hair done, nails, makeup...
Re: Why Do Girls Like Pink? by Mynd44: 7:43pm On Nov 03, 2012
linda_1:

feminine- Is a women behaving with a touch of class, being soft and sweet, being the best you can be, being firm in your beliefs

women that wear pink have confidence, love herself and loves being a women. Someone that likes to look pretty all the time..likes dresses and skirts, blouses, hair done, nails, makeup... Men tend to find women that wear light colors such a pink, yellow, light blue, purple more attractive than the ones that wear only dark colors! smiley
I can't believe an adult can write something so devoid of sense. Are you well at all?
So you mean cos you are a woman and you love your self bla bla bla, you have to like bright colours?
What did you do, trade in you brains for sweets. Get some sense in that head of yours cos the beauty of humans is that we are creatures based on thoughts and not instincts. Every woman is different from the next so a taste in colours is always different.
But I can't blame you though, you sound like someone who can't take decisions on her own but has to rely on others to think for her
Re: Why Do Girls Like Pink? by Nobody: 8:58pm On Nov 03, 2012
Mynd_44:
I can't believe an adult can write something so devoid of sense. Are you well at all?
So you mean cos you are a woman and you love your self bla bla bla, you have to like bright colours?
What did you do, trade in you brains for sweets. Get some sense in that head of yours cos the beauty of humans is that we are creatures based on thoughts and not instincts. Every woman is different from the next so a taste in colours is always different.
But I can't blame you though, you sound like someone who can't take decisions on her own but has to rely on others to think for her

I swear I was about to respond but I was discombobulated(borrowed from sexkillz) by the st*upidity in her post.

I mean, her definition of feminism.................how can someone be capable of writing so much crap in one post?? smh!
Re: Why Do Girls Like Pink? by Nobody: 9:20pm On Nov 03, 2012
linda_1:

women that wear pink have confidence, love herself and loves being a women. Someone that likes to look pretty all the time..likes dresses and skirts, blouses, hair done, nails, makeup... Men tend to find women that wear light colors such a pink, yellow, light blue, purple more attractive than the ones that wear only dark colors! smiley
shocked shocked shocked I want to believe that this is a joke. I really do hope that it's a joke.
Re: Why Do Girls Like Pink? by abiL(f): 9:31pm On Nov 03, 2012
linda_1:

I can't even respond you back with a serious answer. So for now, enjoy this... hahhahahahahhahahahhahahhahahahahhahahahhahhahahhahahhahhahaaha

You're a joke!!
Re: Why Do Girls Like Pink? by Mynd44: 10:05pm On Nov 03, 2012
Shollypopz:

I swear I was about to respond but I was discombobulated(borrowed from sexkillz) by the st*upidity in her post.

I mean, her definition of feminism.................how can someone be capable of writing so much crap in one post?? smh!
I just wonder how someone can be so silly. I am almost giving up here
Re: Why Do Girls Like Pink? by tpia1: 12:24am On Nov 04, 2012
i think it originated from france- not sure though.
Re: Why Do Girls Like Pink? by Nobody: 2:17am On Nov 04, 2012
Mynd_44:

really?? I think you're the silly one Google the meaning of it!
Google feminine/female and femininity! cool
Re: Why Do Girls Like Pink? by Nobody: 2:24am On Nov 04, 2012
abiL:

I can't even respond you back with a serious answer. So for now, enjoy this... hahhahahahahhahahahhahahhahahahahhahahahhahhahahhahahhahhahaaha

You're a joke!!

instead wasting your time on nairaland you should do some searches and educated yourself

http://dictionary.reverso.net/english-definition/feminin
Re: Why Do Girls Like Pink? by Nobody: 2:31am On Nov 04, 2012
Shollypopz:

smh! serioulsy??
I give up LOL, there is a diference between femininity/female/feminine

feminine
1 delicate, gentle, girlish, graceful, ladylike, modest, soft, tender, womanly

2 camp (informal) effeminate, effete, unmanly, unmasculine, weak, womanish

female
An individual of the sex which conceives and brings forth young, or (in a wider sense) which has an ovary and produces ova.
A plant which produces only that kind of reproductive organs which are capable of developing into fruit after impregnation or fertilization; a pistillate plant.
Belonging to the sex which conceives and gives birth to young, or (in a wider sense) which produces ova; not male.
Belonging to an individual of the female sex; characteristic of woman; feminine; as, female tenderness.
Having pistils and no stamens; pistillate; or, in cryptogamous plants, capable of receiving fertilization.

femininity
1. The quality or condition of being feminine.
2. A characteristic or trait traditionally held to be female.
3. Women considered as a group.
4. Effeminacy.

don't confuse the 3 words
Re: Why Do Girls Like Pink? by Nobody: 2:34am On Nov 04, 2012
ItsModella:
shocked shocked shocked I want to believe that this is a joke. I really do hope that it's a joke.

grin grin
NO you're the joke!
Re: Why Do Girls Like Pink? by Nobody: 2:37am On Nov 04, 2012
Mynd_44:
I just wonder how someone can be so silly. I am almost giving up here

grin
Re: Why Do Girls Like Pink? by Nobody: 2:44am On Nov 04, 2012
Reading that as feminism must hv been an oversight on my part. That doesn't change the fact that what u wrote is entirely st*upid!

Lol @ u quoting ur dictionary, girl do u need to be told..........
Re: Why Do Girls Like Pink? by Nobody: 2:46am On Nov 04, 2012
linda_1:

grin grin
NO you're the joke!
hahahahahahaha!!! this has got to be a joke. Nobody is debating the meaning of feminine/feminism/feminity... we all get that. Duh!!! We're not stu.pid. The issue right here is your claim that "women that wear pink have confidence, love herself and loves being a women. Someone that likes to look pretty all the time..likes dresses and skirts, blouses, hair done, nails, makeup... Men tend to find women that wear light colors such a pink, yellow, light blue, purple more attractive than the ones that wear only dark colors!"

I'm trying so hard not to laugh at the absurdity of the post. Are you being serious? The senselessness of the post is actually beyond me. Where did you get such absolutely ludicrous assumptions from?
Re: Why Do Girls Like Pink? by Nobody: 3:00am On Nov 04, 2012
ItsModella:
hahahahahahaha!!! this has got to be a joke. Nobody is debating the meaning of feminine/feminism/feminity... we all get that. Duh!!! We're not stu.pid. The issue right here is your claim that "women that wear pink have confidence, love herself and loves being a women. Someone that likes to look pretty all the time..likes dresses and skirts, blouses, hair done, nails, makeup... Men tend to find women that wear light colors such a pink, yellow, light blue, purple more attractive than the ones that wear only dark colors!"

I'm trying so hard not to laugh at the absurdity of the post. Are you being serious? The senselessness of the post is actually beyond me. Where did you get such absolutely ludicrous assumptions from?
LMAO, the girl is ridiculous!
Re: Why Do Girls Like Pink? by Nobody: 3:04am On Nov 04, 2012
Shollypopz:
looool!! I swear and what is even more funny is the way she's trying to defend her ridiculous claims...her case needs help fast.
Re: Why Do Girls Like Pink? by Nobody: 3:06am On Nov 04, 2012
Shollypopz:

grin grin
Re: Why Do Girls Like Pink? by Nobody: 3:06am On Nov 04, 2012
ItsModella:
looool!! I swear and what is even more funny is the way she's trying to defend her ridiculous claims...her case needs help fast.

LOL grin
I don't have time for trolls

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ryabcool's Profile Picture (be Warned) / Please Sign The Petition!! Our Little Girls Should Be Protected From Such Cruelt / Call It Whatever You Like, Just Dnt Tell My Momma Abt It!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.