Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,216 members, 7,818,730 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:17 PM

New Mobile Phone Virus!!! - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / New Mobile Phone Virus!!! (12182 Views)

Mtn Introduces New Mobile Internet Data Plans - 25mb For N150 And 50mb For N200 / Mtn's New Mobile TV Service Turns Your Blackberry To TV / Mtn New Mobile Internet Plans (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

New Mobile Phone Virus!!! by diakim(m): 6:02pm On Apr 25, 2005
For those of us that uses Symbian Series 60 phones, a new deadly mobile phone software called Fontal.A is now on the loose.

"The Trojan horse program, dubbed Fontal.A, prevents phones from starting. It isn't a worm or virus, and it would have to be downloaded by the phone's owner to infect a Symbian phone. It's just the latest example of malicious code, including worms and viruses, that target mobile devices. "

You can read the full article by following the link below:

http://www.computerworld.com/mobiletopics/mobile/handhelds/story/0,10801,100917,00.html?SKC=handhelds-100917
Re: New Mobile Phone Virus!!! by AYA: 1:07pm On Apr 27, 2005
The nice thing about mobile viruses is that your phone cannot be infected without your consent. Simply be careful what you accept on your phone. If in doubt, click "REJECT".
Re: New Mobile Phone Virus!!! by Seun(m): 1:12pm On Apr 27, 2005
If a stranger sends any download to your phone, you have every reason to be skeptical. wink
Re: New Mobile Phone Virus!!! by diakim(m): 12:10pm On Apr 29, 2005
I read on one website that some mobile phone viruses will not asked for permission before installing themselves on infected phones. I hope this is not true o.
Re: New Mobile Phone Virus!!! by diakim(m): 12:12pm On Apr 29, 2005
I read on one website that some mobile phone viruses will not asked for permission before installing themselves on infected phones. I hope this is not true o.
Re: New Mobile Phone Virus!!! by Hunter(m): 12:51pm On Apr 29, 2005
The virus's usually spread via bluetooth so if your not using it leave it switched off smiley
Re: New Mobile Phone Virus!!! by mufasa(m): 5:18pm On May 14, 2005
a friends 7610 has this blutooth virus, is there a way to remove it?
Re: New Mobile Phone Virus!!! by demmy(m): 5:29pm On May 14, 2005
mufasa:

a friends 7610 has this blutooth virus, is there a way to remove it?

Is that T610?

You'll need to supply more information. First, how'd you know its a virus? What is the status of the phone, whether its working properly or not at all. More info.
Re: New Mobile Phone Virus!!! by mufasa(m): 5:32pm On May 14, 2005
its a nokia 7610 a series 60 phone, the name of the virus is CARIBE, evrytime you put on your bluetooth near the phone it wants to send some thing to your phone.
Re: New Mobile Phone Virus!!! by demmy(m): 5:39pm On May 14, 2005
mufasa:

its a nokia 7610 a series 60 phone, the name of the virus is CARIBE, evrytime you put on your bluetooth near the phone it wants to send some thing to your phone.

This site offer some help.
http://www.f-secure.com/v-descs/cabir.shtml

Or you can use this disinfection tool, available from here as a Symbian SIS installation file which you can download directly to the phone:

1. Open web browser on the phone
2. Go to http://mobile.f-secure.com
3. Select link "Removal tool for Cabir"
4. Download the file and select open after download
5. Install F-Cabir tool
6. Go to applications menu and start F-Cabir
7. Select scan and answer yes when tool asks do you want to disinfect
Re: New Mobile Phone Virus!!! by dominobaby(f): 11:29am On May 15, 2005
Hidden_Hunter:

The virus's usually spread via bluetooth so if your not using it leave it switched off  smiley

While on viruses spread via bluetooth, some bluetooth enabled devices allow you to choose whether or not your device is visible to other devices. You can put your device into a non-discoverable state so that you are invisible to other bluetooth devices.
Re: New Mobile Phone Virus!!! by taopheek(m): 1:22pm On May 26, 2005
The only solution is to protect your phones with anti-virus software. Check a standard mobile phone service center. [I know a company you can call if you need the service at minimal cost]
Re: New Mobile Phone Virus!!! by ola4u: 2:27pm On Dec 04, 2007
"The virus's usually spread via bluetooth so if your not using it leave it switched off "

Does it mean that when in use to download and send file to another phone / PC, Virus will not come in during operation. And when not in operation, must we always switch off?? I think what we should provide as solution is anti virus because, we always put it on to do one thing or the other.

Please can someone in the house help
Re: New Mobile Phone Virus!!! by niteduff(m): 8:28pm On Dec 05, 2007
visit www.9jaonline.com to download antivirus on your phone for free,
but i will suggest you format the phone before installing it.
Re: New Mobile Phone Virus!!! by goodterry: 9:32am On Dec 19, 2007
hi, we export mobilephones and memory cards with good price to lagos, if you need, please don't hesitate to contact us. please send a email to customerbusiness@yahoo.com
Re: New Mobile Phone Virus!!! by nazzyon(m): 10:37am On Dec 19, 2007
So far carib is yet to cause any serious damage except that it shares itself via Bluetooth.

It simple requests if you would like to install. Even if you are not a nerd you should no that you are not supposed to instal any untrusted download.
Re: New Mobile Phone Virus!!! by skipo87(m): 9:34pm On Dec 19, 2007
pls guys i need this virus. where can i download it from
Re: New Mobile Phone Virus!!! by 4peace(m): 7:07am On Dec 20, 2007
Mr. Poster of this topic a beg to disagree with you on fontal.A being a latest virus on mobile.I've know this virus since 2005.I have this app fscaller from symbianware.com contain this virus but you don't know this (not infectous) unless you scan you phone with Mcafee v1.1 2005.Phone security for now is very high, that is reason why you can open some website on your phone without contact virus whereas if visit the same site on pc hmmm welcome to virusland.

(1) (Reply)

Unlock Your Modem Here Free Of Charge Just Send In Your Imei / Unboxing And Review - Elephone G5 / Free Unlock Software For Nokia Lumia 635

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.