Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,120 members, 7,818,357 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:24 PM

Defective Valve Problems On 97-03 Honda CRV Engines? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Defective Valve Problems On 97-03 Honda CRV Engines? (1126 Views)

My Experience With A Defective Car / Vehicle Owners With Defective Airbags Urged To Take Immediate Action / Petrol @ 97 Naira Per Litre ( Petrol Saving Tips For Your Cars & Suvs ) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Defective Valve Problems On 97-03 Honda CRV Engines? by DontJustDoIt: 7:21am On Nov 01, 2012
Hi NLders, I am considering buying a 99 Honda CRV and a quick check online sort of indicated that this ride (along with others in it's generation) has a peculiar problem with tightening valves that can damage the engines. The consensus recommendation seems to be to get the valves checked after every 30,000 miles. Many owners have complained of this and Honda seems to recommend every 100,000 miles valve check or so.
This seems to contradict the general reliability perception of Honda engines, and I'm wondering what Nigerian owners' experience have been.
Any experts in the house to shed more light?

(1) (Reply)

I Call This Creativity( Something Out Of Nothing) / My Toyota Camry Car Displaying ABS On Its Dashboard / Check Engine Light On And Off

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 4
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.