Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,595 members, 7,816,474 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:40 AM

Identifying And Dealing With Growing And Annoying Trends On Nairaland - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Identifying And Dealing With Growing And Annoying Trends On Nairaland (1081 Views)

Caption This Funny Photo Of Pope Francis As He Trends On Twitter / Most Desperate, Pathetic And Annoying Nairalanders Listed Here / New Disturbing Trends On NL (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Identifying And Dealing With Growing And Annoying Trends On Nairaland by 222Martins(m): 11:13am On Nov 01, 2012
My Fellow Nairalanders, i greet you. As we all know, Nairaland is a place where Nigerians, both home and abroad congregate to discuss issues pertaining to Nigeria and also transact business. I know that some people also use Nairaland as there source of news or information; and i must say that i have benefited immensely from this forum. However, i have observed that some bad eggs are hell bent on ruining the flow of this forum by introducing some really bad attitude. Below are some bad trends that is growing on Nairaland, and to be sincere with you; such trends discourage me from posting a comment since i access NL from my mobile phone most times. Please let's join hands to stop or regulate this attitude. Moderators, take note.

1. How does this affect the price of.......: Sometimes, you will find a thread with an interesting topic and useful contributions from people. And suddenly, somebody pops up, quoting the entire OP information only for him/her to ask: How does this affect the price of........? Seriously, it's annoying.

2. What is or Who is........? As an instance, consider a thread flowing with discussions about Sanusi Lamido's new CBN policy; and suddenly, somebody pops up, quote the entire OP comment and ask the infamous question:....Who is Sanusi Lamido? Or What is CBN? This particular one puts me off.

3. And finally, the latest most annoying and fastest growing trend of the month........Op post some great information and then you start seeing things like ......"First to comment...Thank God".....or Second to comment. And i begin to wonder, since when did Nairaland become a competition of fastest finger first? The last time i checked, Seun has not instituted any award or recognition for first posters or whatsoever.

Please my fellow Nl users, what do you think of these issues i raised. Have you identified any growing trend on NL that's annoying? Then let's help the Mods identify it and take action.
Re: Identifying And Dealing With Growing And Annoying Trends On Nairaland by Mynd44: 12:08am On Nov 02, 2012
I am guilty of 2 and 3. It is so classic.
Re: Identifying And Dealing With Growing And Annoying Trends On Nairaland by chucky234(m): 6:31am On Nov 02, 2012
Highly annoying trend
Re: Identifying And Dealing With Growing And Annoying Trends On Nairaland by Mynd44: 8:02am On Nov 02, 2012
chucky234: Highly annoying trend
Hmmm
Re: Identifying And Dealing With Growing And Annoying Trends On Nairaland by 222Martins(m): 2:43pm On Nov 02, 2012
Mynd_44: I am guilty of 2 and 3. It is so classic.
It is so classic to you but seriously, it puts off a silent majority.

1 Like

Re: Identifying And Dealing With Growing And Annoying Trends On Nairaland by Mynd44: 3:04pm On Nov 02, 2012
222Martins: It is so classic to you but seriously, it puts off a silent majority.
Common don't be a spoil sport. Life ain't so serious
Re: Identifying And Dealing With Growing And Annoying Trends On Nairaland by 222Martins(m): 11:56pm On Nov 02, 2012
Mynd_44:
Common don't be a spoil sport. Life ain't so serious
LMAO.....If not that you have a good sense of humor, i would have..... grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Identifying And Dealing With Growing And Annoying Trends On Nairaland by Mynd44: 12:13am On Nov 03, 2012
222Martins: LMAO.....If not that you have a good sense of humor, i would have..... grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
What would you do?
Re: Identifying And Dealing With Growing And Annoying Trends On Nairaland by Nobody: 10:08pm On Nov 03, 2012
Ok. Those found guilty of these annoying act will be sent to nairaland recycle bin till further notice
Re: Identifying And Dealing With Growing And Annoying Trends On Nairaland by Mynd44: 10:12pm On Nov 03, 2012
Una be fool: Ok. Those found guilty of these annoying act will be sent to nairaland recycle bin till further notice
I am guilty and I know it
Re: Identifying And Dealing With Growing And Annoying Trends On Nairaland by codernoni: 9:07pm On Nov 05, 2012
I think 'how does it affect the price...' Was funny but now due to glut its getting boring.
'What is CBN' I believe is for fun and is still funny. It eases tension
'First to comment' and stuff actually seems childish to me..and shows to a great extent that the person is jobless.
But hey, my opinion though...I recognise nairaland has about a million users so why would I let such stuff bother me?
Re: Identifying And Dealing With Growing And Annoying Trends On Nairaland by Mynd44: 10:35pm On Nov 05, 2012
Its all about fun na
Re: Identifying And Dealing With Growing And Annoying Trends On Nairaland by 222Martins(m): 11:46am On Nov 07, 2012
Well, from the few comments received, it seems majority are in support of the act......... I hereby rest my case.
Re: Identifying And Dealing With Growing And Annoying Trends On Nairaland by tpia: 8:58am On Dec 25, 2013
Na fashion.

Garri is over, first to comment is over, likewise the end time thing crew are no longer posting that.

Now its just attack command.

I think they are trying to destroy the site because " their favorites" are gone.

Good luck with that, we'll see how it goes.

Dem too can carry nl for head sha, people really need to get a life.

(1) (Reply)

How The World Will End On Friday 21/12/12 / Contact Number For The Istore At The Ikeja City Mall? / Road Accidents Killed 11 Nigerians Each Day Of 2012 - FRSC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.