Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,020 members, 7,835,452 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:23 AM

My Father Just Bloodied My Nose! - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Father Just Bloodied My Nose! (9475 Views)

My Father's Advice To Me When I Was Searching For A Wife... / How I Found My Father After 30yrs Through Nairaland / Can You Suck Mucus Out your Childs Nose With Your Mouth? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Father Just Bloodied My Nose! by Nobody: 11:19am On Nov 02, 2012
M M M: Op

I will advise u 2 kill ur father before he kill u angry

I would like to believe you're kidding. And this is not a laughing matter.
Re: My Father Just Bloodied My Nose! by obowunmi(m): 11:21am On Nov 02, 2012
Siena, thank you for your kindness and support. I'm long gone. I just told my mom I was leaving, didn't say where. My mom is worried. Slept at my Aunt's house.
Re: My Father Just Bloodied My Nose! by Nobody: 11:24am On Nov 02, 2012
obowunmi: We have the power to make choices that can make or break us. Violence is not genetic, its a learned behavior.

You're correct. My dad was violent, I'm not.
Re: My Father Just Bloodied My Nose! by slimyem: 11:29am On Nov 02, 2012
obowunmi: Siena, thank you for your kindness and support. I'm heading to Dubai then Canada today - I'm long gone. I just told my mom I was leaving, didn't say where. My mom is worried. Slept at my Aunt's house.
Unnecessary information!!

1 Like

Re: My Father Just Bloodied My Nose! by knotty(m): 11:39am On Nov 02, 2012
knotty:

Since you asked for it and started it, let me help you with more adjectives for your sickly father.
He is a Dummkopf and a screwball at the same time.
He is queasy, demented, disturbed, maladjusted, unbalanced, pallid,inexorable and intransigent.
Mildly put, he is mad.

you asked for it

Now, i guess all these adjectives are best fitted for you than your father who has endured the ignominy of your petulance this long.
if you like, ship your sorry a.r.s.e to Kosovo.....who wants to know if it will gladden OBJ,s heart and he will release the 10BRT buses in his detention.

All fathers in the house, may we not bring up kids who will ``so wa le nu` like this.

1 Like

Re: My Father Just Bloodied My Nose! by tellwsdom: 11:42am On Nov 02, 2012
How many blows will it take for him to collapse?? Bro, just 2. Give am angry angry

1 Like

Re: My Father Just Bloodied My Nose! by burningspear(m): 11:51am On Nov 02, 2012
Please calm down and do scan on your nose, if need be.

Hold on, do not walk away yet!
This is a turning point!! And it'll be all be for good.
You father could have some good heart, no matter what the present circumstances say.

May be unknown to you for now, but I think the hidden reason of this thread is to hear the wonderful counsel from Messrs: X-factoria, lucom, cheddarking, acidtalk, Ivynwa.
And they have indeed spoken to you. These priceless contributions did not come from ordinary minds. Please do not neglect them.

You have the power to lead the change in your family. It starts from within, from you. The time is now!
Re: My Father Just Bloodied My Nose! by obowunmi(m): 12:11pm On Nov 02, 2012
tellwsdom: How many blows will it take, for him to collapse?? Bro, just 2. Give am angry angry

LoooooL -
Re: My Father Just Bloodied My Nose! by obowunmi(m): 12:14pm On Nov 02, 2012
slimyem: Unnecessary information!!

Sorry to offend. I mentioned it because no one else in my family know where I'm headed. I just left.
Re: My Father Just Bloodied My Nose! by Nobody: 12:21pm On Nov 02, 2012
I have a black belt in Karate, I am independent and I respect my dad.

But if he descends to such a level as to physically attack me for no just cause, I can easily deal with him in such a way that it not be disrespectful and the thought of attacking me again will never cross his mind.

I have dealt with bullies several times and I really understand their language.

I am talking from practical experience learned from the streets.
Re: My Father Just Bloodied My Nose! by Nobody: 12:46pm On Nov 02, 2012
salt 1:

This is not true. My father was physically and verbally abusive and promisicouous. Infact, he beat my mom when she was eight month's pregnant and blood was flowing from her nose.
But instead of subscribing to this hereditary rubbish, my siblings and I decided we wanted to be as different from him as possible. We are all married and doing very well with our spouses. No record of abuse or infidelity. In fact, people come to learn from us how to treat their spouses. You can only be abusive if YOU CHOOSE TO!

Completely agree with Salt. Don't start telling yourself you may become an abuser. You should be telling yourself the absolute opposite. I believe the research shows about 30% of male children from abusive homes become physically abusive themselves. Meaning 70% don't. Ultimately like Salt said, being abusive is a CHOICE. Those who became physically abusive chose to become like their dad's and those who didn't chose not to. If you have controlling tendencies in your relationships then just get yourself psychological help for that to root out the values you have formed in your mind that make you believe you can control another. If not, then just choose to have a healthy outlook to your relationships and to the role of women in a relationship. Good luck.... help stop the cycle!

Edited to add: just saw the rest of your posts and it seems you have the right approach to this so kudos to you. Just let go of the fear that you could turn out like this. Always keep up the positive thinking...

1 Like

Re: My Father Just Bloodied My Nose! by naturalwaves: 12:59pm On Nov 02, 2012
slimyem: Unnecessary information!!
Unnecessary reply!!
Re: My Father Just Bloodied My Nose! by honeric01(m): 1:14pm On Nov 02, 2012
[b:
[size=18pt]obo[/size][/b]wunmi]

Sorry to offend. I mentioned it because no one else in my family know where I'm headed. I just left.

Your dad must be tired of you staining his furniture with fluids from various girls you bring in. i guess he's not a womanizer like you are and he's angry you are outdoing him when it comes to the bolded part of life. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: My Father Just Bloodied My Nose! by Nobody: 1:19pm On Nov 02, 2012
Mehn stop ranting jare. I don't believe this ur story, if ur really as financially bouyant as u say with ur own place, why not move ur mum out so u don't have to see d man again? Never heard of a father still beating a grown up and successful child. It doesn't happen.
Re: My Father Just Bloodied My Nose! by obowunmi(m): 1:33pm On Nov 02, 2012
slyfoxxjoe: Mehn stop ranting jare. I don't believe this ur story, if ur really as financially bouyant as u say with ur own place, why not move ur mum out so u don't have to see d man again? Never heard of a father still beating a grown up and successful child. It doesn't happen.

Force my mom to leave even if she willingly wants to stay with an abusive man. I have no control over my mother's decisions.
Re: My Father Just Bloodied My Nose! by obowunmi(m): 1:35pm On Nov 02, 2012
@ileobatojo: thank you sir. I appreciate your advice. I will have to consciously decide not to be an abuser. I think my father's ugly behavior/nature affects me differently than my other siblings.
Re: My Father Just Bloodied My Nose! by baby124: 3:19pm On Nov 02, 2012
I can't believe Seun put this on the front page, like really? This is a personal and emotional topic. Some things should not be used for financial gain.
Re: My Father Just Bloodied My Nose! by seedord247(m): 3:26pm On Nov 02, 2012
slyfoxxjoe: Mehn stop ranting jare. I don't believe this ur story, if ur really as financially bouyant as u say with ur own place, why not move ur mum out so u don't have to see d man again? Never heard of a father still beating a grown up and successful child. It doesn't happen.

Abioooo..... I cant believe the story.... I mean, i just weigh ordinary 210 pounds and none of my frnds can stand me when it comes to physical fight not to of some1 thats 25 yrs or more older than me... May be the op tried his luck in exchanging blow with this old man but unfortunately his father overpowered him with brutality.. grin

Obowunmi...i'm not saying you should try to fight him back ooo... What am just trying to let you know is that, you only know that you are hiding the real truth from us. And pls next time, learn how to defend blow. shocked
Re: My Father Just Bloodied My Nose! by seedord247(m): 3:30pm On Nov 02, 2012
baby_123: I can't believe Seun put this on the front page, like really? This is a personal and emotional topic. Some things should not be used for financial gain.

Calm down man... Do you think we all have the time of jumping from one section to another.... If he did not put this on frontpage how will i know that mortal kombat is happening btw a father and his son. shocked
Re: My Father Just Bloodied My Nose! by eledalo: 3:59pm On Nov 02, 2012
patholaw: I tink u need 2 see a chancellor

Poster apart from a chancellor, please see a lecturer, a nursery teacher, a geography teacher, a professor, a registar and at the end see a rector!

1 Like

Re: My Father Just Bloodied My Nose! by obowunmi(m): 4:19pm On Nov 02, 2012
People seem to find this story funny because I'm a guy. What if I was a girl my father broke my nose? How else would you tackle the issue ?

No one should bully, intimidate, or commit atrocities of violence against any human being. In additiom, my father claims to be a ranking member of the Redeemed church - very sad, that someone who goes to church practices this level of violence. What would jesus do.

5 Likes

Re: My Father Just Bloodied My Nose! by obowunmi(m): 4:21pm On Nov 02, 2012
seedord247:

Abioooo..... I cant believe the story.... I mean, i just weigh ordinary 210 pounds and none of my frnds can stand me when it comes to physical fight not to of some1 thats 25 yrs or more older than me... May be the op tried his luck in exchanging blow with this old man but unfortunately his father overpowered him with brutality.. grin

Obowunmi...i'm not saying you should try to fight him back ooo... What am just trying to let you know is that, you only know that you are hiding the real truth from us. And pls next time, learn how to defend blow. shocked

If I gave him a blow back, I'm sure he will be dead by now.
Re: My Father Just Bloodied My Nose! by Ocutegan(m): 4:24pm On Nov 02, 2012
OMG seriously laughing at some funny comments. OBOWUNMI...na woman pantie you drop for living room. Rotfl
Re: My Father Just Bloodied My Nose! by knotty(m): 4:28pm On Nov 02, 2012
obowunmi:

1 Like

Re: My Father Just Bloodied My Nose! by SisiKill1: 5:00pm On Nov 02, 2012
Obowunmi. . .not sure what to tell you about how to deal with your dad but on the other concerns you have, about being abusive? I believe the fact that you are aware that this might be a problem is the first step ensuring it doesn't.

The circle does not have to repeat itself and luckily in this day and age, we have so many resources to help with delicate issues like this. I am sure you won't have a problem getting a hold of them.

Best of luck sweets! smiley
Re: My Father Just Bloodied My Nose! by emilyone(f): 5:16pm On Nov 02, 2012
obowunmi: People seem to find this story funny because I'm a guy. What if I was a girl my father broke my nose? How else would you tackle the issue ?

No one should bully, intimidate, or commit atrocities of violence against any human being. In additiom, my father claims to be a ranking member of the Redeemed church - very sad, that someone who goes to church practices this level of violence. What would jesus do.

how is your broken nose, hope you've gone to see a doctor sha?
pls dont retaliate by hitting your father back, or else expect such from your own child
Re: My Father Just Bloodied My Nose! by seedord247(m): 5:17pm On Nov 02, 2012
obowunmi:

Since you learn how to blow you should learn how to defend. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: My Father Just Bloodied My Nose! by rhymz(m): 5:33pm On Nov 02, 2012
obowunmi:

Isn't that what you want, Nigga? Knack am akpako jor. .lol
Re: My Father Just Bloodied My Nose! by kpolli(m): 5:55pm On Nov 02, 2012
obowunmi: My father is a weak bully.

And ur weak too
Re: My Father Just Bloodied My Nose! by rhymz(m): 5:55pm On Nov 02, 2012
Anyway, I don't believe this fairy tale, poster is prolly looking for attention and sympathy.
Let's say nigga's story actually happened, may be it is time you move on and be your own man. Abi you dey wait make him punch you out before you go use your head.
Re: My Father Just Bloodied My Nose! by vicky7: 6:45pm On Nov 02, 2012
I will start analysing your case from your own pespective.If u are trully an african child,there are things you dont discuss in the public,like the man who gave birth to you.On your own,you can seek advice privately from true friends who u know will tell u the truth or pastors,reverend fathers{men of God} depending on which church you go.Now the story u told us, is one sided,u told us you father beats u,is he a drunk,hot tempered or are u the cause of his reactions.Are u trully a son who one will be proud of? or are u causing your father pains through your actions and because u are not rational and seeing the truth,u want people to tell u want u want to hear about your father,so that u will be consoled in the way u live?I dont know u and how u were brought up,but I think dere is something fishy here between u and your mum,which your dad does not support and ur mum is shielding you.My dear,life is too short,but at the same time long,because if the nemesis of what we did in the past come calling on us,life becomes too long,this is ur father and u will never have any other father,if his crime is only beating u and nothing else,then ask ur self a question.I u had said he abandoned u and did not cater for u,then the case would have been different,go and have a sincere chart with ur father and amend ways with him,because one day u will be a father too and no matter what,u will like ur child to walk in the right part.My late father even with my 4 grown up brothers,his rules in our house still stood and any time u come bk,u respect that and that is what makes up that family,it is called identity.Every family has an identity and that is what they are known for.Any family that does not have a way of doing things,can never stand.The children will be outlaws.ibo people say, an okro plant can not out grow the person who planted it,no matter how tall the plant is.Do not think evil for ur father,take care
Re: My Father Just Bloodied My Nose! by obowunmi(m): 6:56pm On Nov 02, 2012
rhymz: Anyway, I don't believe this fairy tale, poster is prolly looking for attention and sympathy.
Let's say nigga's story actually happened, may be it is time you move on and be your own man. Abi you dey wait make him punch you out before you go use your head.

When did it become a crime to visit my mom - I said I was visiting and left something in the sitting room.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How To BEAT Your Wife. / His Wife Is Fond Of Recieving Gifts From Male Friends: Is This Normal? / Lagos City Bicycle Club

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.