Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,092 members, 7,814,802 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:07 PM

Okada Riders Or Motorcycle Riders - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Okada Riders Or Motorcycle Riders (590 Views)

White Man, Policeman & Okada Rider On One Motorcycle Over Fuel Scarcity - Photo / Gridlock In Lagos As Tricycle, Okada Riders Endorse Jonathan 0 / PHOTOS- Okada Riders Protest In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Okada Riders Or Motorcycle Riders by aladesuyi(m): 12:30pm On Nov 02, 2012
At times like this I wonder what the world is actually turning to be.Few days to the governorship election in Lagos state that brought in FASHOLA (SAN) for re-election he and his co-hots were busy canvassing OKADA riders and bribing them with crash helmets through campaigns at their parks.

After the re-election,has he now come out to now say that what he/(they) did then was in error or what does it connote?

In my own opinion, I think the GOVERNOR should differentiate between OKADA RIDERS-(COMMERCIAL OWNERS) and MOTORCYCLIST- (PRIVATE OWNERS), even after the distinction laws which has been promulgated should be disseminated through most of the media houses- NOT JUST Lagos Television (LTV cool, even most of the adverts on LTV 8 is different from what we are seeing on our roads now.

The adverts I saw stipulated that there are some roads commercial bikes should not plight,all road signs and street lights should be obeyed, no one-way driving and so one BUT what am seeing the police men doing on our roads this days is like they have been given LICENCE TO KILL.

Within the last one week I have seen various degrees of dehumanization by the NIGERIAN POLICE FORCE who now have no other jobs in LAGOS STATE than chasing OKADA RIDERS UP and DOWN the state even to the extent of beating the riders to a state of pulp. Those that I witness on IKEJA INDUSTRIAL ESTATE (OBA AKRAN) were not driving against traffic and were not carrying passengers but two(2) of the riders were CIVIL SERVANTS/ COMPANY WORKERS on their way to work before 8 a.m in the morning and late in the evening before 6.30 p.m

Please if MR GOVERNOR is reading this or his AIDES what exactly does he want the riders of okada to do?, this should be stated boldly and a copies should be handed over to the parks of this okada riders stating the routes commercial motorcycle should not plight and at the same time INSTRUCTING policemen not to throw caution to the wind by being over ambitious as majority of them are not actually out to do the bidding of the governor now but to MAKE MONEY FOR THEIR POCKETS.

GOVERNOR please remember that lagosians are seeing all this and the plan for 2015 has already begun, though I would still love the A.C.N to continue ruling LAGOS STATE even after 2015 but just the lawyers (like you our GOVERNOR) do say in court to the judges, tamper judgement with mercy and let the law enforcement agents know what you have actually asked them to do and not be brutalizing the common man on the streets all in the name of GOVERNOR SAY MAKE HE NO SEE OKADA FOR ROAD AGAIN.
Re: Okada Riders Or Motorcycle Riders by aladesuyi(m): 1:39pm On Nov 02, 2012
dats even by d way as most policemen has now resulted to harassment and extortion to force okada riders to comply instead of dutifully carrying out their lawful duties.

(1) (Reply)

Should Nigeria Look At Ghana's 2012 Election As An Example? / Inec’s Request For Wider Powers / Ex-gov Dr Kalu Return To PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.