Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,616 members, 7,813,023 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:35 AM

Experts Call On Boko-Haram To Surrender Unconditionally - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Experts Call On Boko-Haram To Surrender Unconditionally (9744 Views)

Nnamdi Kanu Released Unconditionally By The High Court / Ex-NSA Dasuki Refuses To Surrender, Say SSS Has No Arrest Warrant / Chad President Tells Boko Haram Leader To Surrender Or Face Death (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Experts Call On Boko-Haram To Surrender Unconditionally by Idokojimmy: 3:44pm On Nov 02, 2012
Expert calls on Boko Haram to surrender unconditionally
A strategic security consultant, Max Gbanite on Friday said the conditions for ceasefire offered by the fundamentalist sect, Boko Haram to the Federal Government are unrealistic insisting that the group should surrender unconditionally.

Speaking as a guest on Channels Television’s programme, Sunrise Daily, Mr Gbanite said like the civil war and the insurgency in the Niger Delta, the uprising by the Boko Haram is a domestic affair that should be treated in Nigeria and not in the Saudi Arabia as proposed by the sect.

“To say that the Federal Government must come to Saudi Arabia to negotiate is unacceptable,” he said.

He added that it is time to “for the Ministry of Foreign Affairs to invite the ambassador of Saudi Arabia and ask him what particular area of influence Saudi Arabia has with Boko Haram?

“This is the time to bring in the Director General of the Nigeria Intelligence Agency and his operations department and ask questions: Who are the Nigerians who are Boko Haram in Saudi Arabia.”

http://www.channelstv.com/home/2012/11/02/expert-calls-on-boko-haram-to-surrender-unconditionally/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter

3 Likes

Re: Experts Call On Boko-Haram To Surrender Unconditionally by Afam4eva(m): 3:46pm On Nov 02, 2012
Idokojimmy:
He added that it is time to “for the Ministry of Foreign Affairs to invite the ambassador of Saudi Arabia and ask him what particular area of influence Saudi Arabia has with Boko Haram?
No be small influence oo

4 Likes

Re: Experts Call On Boko-Haram To Surrender Unconditionally by HammedSodiqq: 3:49pm On Nov 02, 2012
I think along this line too. Govt should approach it from this perspective. Mortgaging our sovereignty isn't the best thing to do now.
Re: Experts Call On Boko-Haram To Surrender Unconditionally by ghettodreamz(m): 4:04pm On Nov 02, 2012
And would they ever want to do that? Imagine a fundamentalist sect dictating to the Government of a nation with conditional clauses that must be obeyed? I don't think we have a good government that's functioning optimally in NIGERIA. *Smh* undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Experts Call On Boko-Haram To Surrender Unconditionally by Kslib(m): 4:08pm On Nov 02, 2012
Gbam!!! Boko haram should surrender and beg the whole of Nigeria for forgiveness.. Shikena... No more no less
Boko haram has committed way too much damage to receive the gift of negotiation..
Re: Experts Call On Boko-Haram To Surrender Unconditionally by megasoul: 4:08pm On Nov 02, 2012
I just hope GEJ doesn't let them win on this one. Who negotiates with terrorists? Give them an inch & they wud ask 4 a mile.

1 Like

Re: Experts Call On Boko-Haram To Surrender Unconditionally by Techwriter: 4:12pm On Nov 02, 2012
Boko Haram hates those words "professionals" because professionalism is defined by Western education which they fight against. Very soon the church will win again, the scriptures cannot be broken
Jesus builds His Church and the Gates of Hell(Boko Haram) can not prevail against it Matt 16:18

12 Likes

Re: Experts Call On Boko-Haram To Surrender Unconditionally by ghettodreamz(m): 4:14pm On Nov 02, 2012
megasoul: I just hope GEJ doesn't let them win on this one. Who negotiates with terrorists? Give them an inch & they wud ask 4 a mile.

Not a crime to negotiate with terrorists, but on a good,reasonable,and acceptable mutual ground and not through stvpid, irrational and humiliating dictations like their purported spokesman had listed out. God punish dos baggarz..
Re: Experts Call On Boko-Haram To Surrender Unconditionally by achi4u(m): 4:15pm On Nov 02, 2012
criminals begging for negotiationgrin
Re: Experts Call On Boko-Haram To Surrender Unconditionally by ghettodreamz(m): 4:15pm On Nov 02, 2012
Kslib: Gbam!!! Boko haram should surrender and beg the whole of Nigeria for forgiveness.. Shikena... No more no less
Boko haram has committed way too much damage to receive the gift of negotiation..

You make me laff like a BK grin grin grin
Re: Experts Call On Boko-Haram To Surrender Unconditionally by Nobody: 4:19pm On Nov 02, 2012
HammedSodiqq: I think along this line too. Govt should approach it from this perspective. Mortgaging our sovereignty isn't the best thing to do now.

WE HAVE A RETARDEEN AS PRESIDENT AND I HAVE LOST HOPE IN HIM A LONG TIME AGO .
Re: Experts Call On Boko-Haram To Surrender Unconditionally by mapet: 4:20pm On Nov 02, 2012
Until GEJ's adopt the global approach of "We don't negotiate with terrorists", then all these rubbish wont stop. I mean how can these Boko Haram sect be demanding terms when they should be standing trial?
Re: Experts Call On Boko-Haram To Surrender Unconditionally by browncool(m): 4:21pm On Nov 02, 2012
I think Mr. Gbanite has spoken nicely on this matter. things like this always bring back the memories of Yaradua. Negotiating with terrorists is un-acceptable and will never be
Re: Experts Call On Boko-Haram To Surrender Unconditionally by olempe(m): 4:21pm On Nov 02, 2012
achi4u: criminals begging for negotiationgrin

can u imagine?
Re: Experts Call On Boko-Haram To Surrender Unconditionally by Psylas(m): 4:21pm On Nov 02, 2012
Fuckdup! GEJ supose go Saudi arabia 4 peace sake
Re: Experts Call On Boko-Haram To Surrender Unconditionally by RedLight1: 4:22pm On Nov 02, 2012
Death to Boko haram angry
Re: Experts Call On Boko-Haram To Surrender Unconditionally by OkwaIfugo(m): 4:23pm On Nov 02, 2012
they are just joking.
negotiate in saudi arabia?
shakes head and moves to the sister site of nairaland called NAIRALIST. shocked
Re: Experts Call On Boko-Haram To Surrender Unconditionally by ignis: 4:23pm On Nov 02, 2012
megasoul: I
just hope GEJ doesn't let them win on this one. Who negotiates with
terrorists? Give them an inch & they wud ask 4 a mile.
Exactly.... you are right.
Re: Experts Call On Boko-Haram To Surrender Unconditionally by Omexonomy: 4:24pm On Nov 02, 2012
Of all country why will they chose saudi arabia for negotiation. I want to belive that BH and saudis are not bedfellow
Re: Experts Call On Boko-Haram To Surrender Unconditionally by iamswizz(m): 4:24pm On Nov 02, 2012
Surrender!

Thread closed

2 Likes

Re: Experts Call On Boko-Haram To Surrender Unconditionally by Nobody: 4:24pm On Nov 02, 2012
Jtf should continue their operations in the north while they waste time giving conditions for surrender. I am sure when one local government area has been reduced to ruins, they will start coming to their senses.
Re: Experts Call On Boko-Haram To Surrender Unconditionally by RedLight1: 4:26pm On Nov 02, 2012
Omexonomy: Of all country why will they chose saudi arabia for negotiation. I want to belive that BH and saudis are not bedfellow
its known fact that most of the people that sponsor terrorism worldwide comes from saudi, iran and sumtimes dubai so dnt be suprised

1 Like

Re: Experts Call On Boko-Haram To Surrender Unconditionally by greaterlove(m): 4:27pm On Nov 02, 2012
despite the fact that i am not happy with the deaths due to boko haram but its not in our best interest as nigerians for the government to negotiate with boko haram. what are they boko haram asking for? meet our demands and we will stop the killings and all will be buisness as usual? what about justice for those who they have taken their lives? if they are really interested in peace the best they can do is come forward, be tried and accept whatever verdict the judge will hand them, even if its 10yrs imprisonment it will serve as a deterrent to those who will want to follow in their path. if government go into a truce with them it will only make them superstars in the eyes of the younger ones in the north and not the villains they really are.
Re: Experts Call On Boko-Haram To Surrender Unconditionally by Nobody: 4:27pm On Nov 02, 2012
What/who is boko haram?
The best the FG should offer is ignorance!

Mk dem dey bomb dey go, abi dem no want phuck ferjin again?

3 Likes

Re: Experts Call On Boko-Haram To Surrender Unconditionally by Emmanuel602(m): 4:28pm On Nov 02, 2012
And who told you that naigeria have agreed with the venue of the dialogue

1 Like

Re: Experts Call On Boko-Haram To Surrender Unconditionally by xrazzy(m): 4:29pm On Nov 02, 2012
FG should start constructing our own Guantanamo bay because we are about to witness the fall of BKH
Re: Experts Call On Boko-Haram To Surrender Unconditionally by nduchucks: 4:30pm On Nov 02, 2012
mapet: Until GEJ's adopt the global approach of "We don't negotiate with terrorists", then all these rubbish wont stop. I mean how can these Boko Haram sect be demanding terms when they should be standing trial?

I don't believe you offered the advise above when the Feds negotiated with MEND terrorists. Stop being hypocritical. Enough Nigerians have lost their lives and it is time to negotiate a ceasefire and bring these fellow citizens back into our fold. A few security contracts for BH members who cooperate, here and there, should be sufficient to control the violence.

Max Gbanite is a fool and a well known IBB hero worshiper.
Re: Experts Call On Boko-Haram To Surrender Unconditionally by Dlionsheart: 4:35pm On Nov 02, 2012
Nigeria security, No Retreat, No surrender. Fire on jor
Re: Experts Call On Boko-Haram To Surrender Unconditionally by Nobody: 4:37pm On Nov 02, 2012
ndu_chucks:

I don't believe you offered the advise above when the Feds negotiated with MEND terrorists. Stop being hypocritical. Enough Nigerians have lost their lives and it is time to negotiate a ceasefire and bring these fellow citizens back into our fold. A few security contracts for BH members who cooperate, here and there, should be sufficient to control the violence.

Shekau can help protect Nigeria loose borders if you ask me just like Tompolo is manning our oil pipelines. Lmao
Re: Experts Call On Boko-Haram To Surrender Unconditionally by dridowu: 4:40pm On Nov 02, 2012
Who are the EXPERTS ?
Re: Experts Call On Boko-Haram To Surrender Unconditionally by PrettyRita(f): 4:40pm On Nov 02, 2012
~Bluetooth:

WE HAVE A RETARDEEN AS PRESIDENT AND I HAVE LOST HOPE IN HIM A LONG TIME AGO .
Wrong son, your hope is nothing compared to the hope of over 160 million Nigeria. Bleep off. Nigeria will win the war, Nigeria will be that better place we desire

2 Likes

Re: Experts Call On Boko-Haram To Surrender Unconditionally by pomporiking: 4:43pm On Nov 02, 2012
How can a sovereign country negotiate with terroristoh I forgot this is nigeria..nothing can make me pity those northerners they are there boko haram are in their neighbourhood they won't snitch on the bastards to jtf..if nigeria negotiate goodluck should resign immediately..so the billions nigeria is spent on those militants isn't enough right..

(1) (2) (Reply)

Five Oil Firms Implicated In Diezanis $153 Million Scandal / 2023: APC Back To Life, Repositioned For Future Elections – Buhari / Peter Obi To Attend Townhall Meeting With Youths In Awka

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.