Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,187 members, 7,818,603 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:39 PM

How Do I Confogure A Wamp Server - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / How Do I Confogure A Wamp Server (826 Views)

How To Successfully Upgrade Mysql Of Wamp Server / Wamp Server Ebook Ft Install Wamp, Write Php / Mysql / Mysql Console / Setting Up Wamp Server To Run On Local Area Network (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Confogure A Wamp Server by jeshurun07: 10:05am On Jan 30, 2008
hello nairalanders,
i just downloaded a wamp server but am having problems configuring it.

am using vista (home edition)
Re: How Do I Confogure A Wamp Server by skima(m): 10:54am On Jan 30, 2008
list the errors.

you may try reactor server http://sourceforge.net/projects/reactorsrv/
Re: How Do I Confogure A Wamp Server by Nobody: 1:37pm On Jan 30, 2008
list the error(s) you are getting
Re: How Do I Confogure A Wamp Server by emonkey(m): 7:48pm On Jan 30, 2008
The most common error you can expect to get from a WAMP installation is about allowed memory size being exhausted . If this is the case you may need to work on the php.ini
Re: How Do I Confogure A Wamp Server by Nobody: 10:46am On Jan 31, 2008
e-monkey:

The most common error you can expect to get from a WAMP installation is about allowed memory size being exhausted . If this is the case you may need to work on the php.ini

thats when you have a script that utilizes loops(e.g. trying to generate thousands of unique numbers) or when the execution takes more than 30 sec on ur localhost, it is not an error.

in most post-wamp-installation cases, it has to do with file permission/access denied.

Plus, has anybody ever successfully installed the new wampserver2 cos i am having problems with it running, I had to remove it and re-install the old wamp5.
Re: How Do I Confogure A Wamp Server by skima(m): 11:47am On Jan 31, 2008
i prefer installing the three independently (may be because i learnt that way). and its very easy for me. i can upgrade, i can edit .ini and can modify .conf easily. no hassle cheesy

sometimes it pays to learn the hard way.
Re: How Do I Confogure A Wamp Server by smartsoft(m): 11:58am On Jan 31, 2008
Yah you are right, they are some who don't know how to do that independently
Re: How Do I Confogure A Wamp Server by skima(m): 12:57pm On Jan 31, 2008
@smartsoft

Thanx for the last time. the IP thingy is now working. They have to move the server to the main server room. i have help configure all thats need be done.

grin
Re: How Do I Confogure A Wamp Server by Nobody: 9:01am On Feb 01, 2008
i think most ppl learnt the hard way b4 discovering all these wamps, xampps etc.
looking at it, they tend to make life easier, so i dont think its cool to knock my head against the wall when i can click some buttons and start working right away.
Re: How Do I Confogure A Wamp Server by jeshurun07: 4:16pm On Feb 01, 2008
hello guys,

thanks so much for your response i eventually got the stuff working yesterday.

thaks so much i really appreciate your contributions

(1) (Reply)

g / Php/mysql Codes - Strictly For Copy And Pasters! / Web Design Teacher Please

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.