Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,170 members, 7,821,970 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:02 PM

Social Services By Government - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Social Services By Government (477 Views)

Church Destroyed In Ogun State By Government / Kaduna Beggars Protest Ban By Government (Photo) / Alamiesegha's Home In The US Seized By Government (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Social Services By Government by 19naia(m): 8:32pm On Nov 02, 2012
I am extended visiting in Nicaragua central america south of mexico next to costarica...i was sick for a few days and had to go to hospital to check up..Every thing was OK and doctor said blood test showed nothing to concern..So she prescribed me anti-biotics and acetominophen....I was cleared to leave and charged no money...They have free medical care here and i am not even a citizen...Its the same in canada last i heard,but Nicaragua is poorer than nigeria and among the 15-20 poorest nations in the world...The population is less than 6 million by official record and it is cheaper than nigeria to live in developed areas without the hassle of population density...They have slums like in africa,but none rivals Nigerias worst slums....Nigeria is wealthy...When doing developments and displaceing slum residents,Nigeria does not do adequate social services to help resettle...An idea of social services world wide developed nations is Housing and employment assitance,food,school,medical,legal....this helps the nations stability and overall safety from health epidemics,rioting and theft...the nations with the lowest crime rates,have the most extensive social services and or job gaurantee as in Japan and some of europe......its not an issue to be taken lightly and makes all the difference in the world for national stability.....if nicaraguas poor government can do medical for all, then nigeria can do something more.....they say lagos Nigeria is the lifestyle of "WORK OR DIE" and when it fails to have enough room for every one to entrepenuer or be employeed,it has really said that citizens should die..That motto is by product of mentality and hearts of human rights disregard......Charitys exist world wide,but when government reserve is the largest single account(incudeing oil reserves) compared to any citizen,government has to do more charity that in turn always is an investment in nation building and productivity yeilding more tax revenue for a richer nation by humanity values and material wealth to sustain..Oil nations like kuwait have an endowment system to all original citizens of the nation of bedouin decent,years ago the figure was $27,000.oo a year payment for each person/family.....Places like quatar and dubai have around 80% foriegners working their nation while the citizens live wealthy subsudized lives enjoying the services that foriegn workers come to provide......There are ideas in neigghbour nations for what is possible in nigeria....

1 Like

Re: Social Services By Government by NegroNtns(m): 3:06am On Nov 03, 2012
Good point but listen, our problem is not lack of ideas, its not about population or poverty....we simply dont have the recipe with which to form a perfect union for progress. We are stuck in the middle, cant advance a united conscience and refused to wind down and, or perhaps fear a return to, reset the past we left behind.
Re: Social Services By Government by kunlekunle: 10:15am On Nov 03, 2012
the problem is leadership,
get it right and all other things will fall in place.

(1) (Reply)

Ribadu Report: Jonathan Won’t Protect Evil Doers – Presidency. / Does The Weight Of The Human Body Decrease Slightly At The Moment Of Death? / The Best New Site About AFRICA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.