Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,512 members, 7,823,197 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:30 AM

My View On Nairalanders - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / My View On Nairalanders (893 Views)

My View About The Ebola Disaster In P/H / Nigerian Man Beaten In India - My View As A Student / My View (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My View On Nairalanders by Sxsells: 12:16am On Nov 03, 2012
At times when I read people's comments to issues on nairaland, I wonder the level of reasoning that abound amongst us.. It's becoming more obvious by the day that quite a number of people simply makes comments just to lurk around and check the number of "likes" they have amassed, so such a mindset makes you wanna play to the gallery..and trust me you can't make a sincere, non-judgmental and objective comment with such a mindset... They simply wanna say what will thrill fellow nairalanders which unfortunately might not be their sincere views..
 Also, I feel some users are continually refreshing the homepage just to be the first to comment . so when I see comments such as "I'm the first or second or third " to comment, such level of childishness amazes me considering the notion that majority the members here are mostly adults... Obviously, such fellas are here to water down the seriousness of discourse here.
Furthermore, I feel some members are just waiting to see tribal -inclined topics so they can start their rantings, insults and finger-pointing. Such fellas only make comments on such ocassions and then vanish once the topic is outdated to resurface wen another of such re-emerges..
Need not mention that some are here just to follow the bandwagon i.e see what is in vogue and then follow suit blindly and childishly..I need not mention some frivolous and needless associations casually formed which people joined unwittingly!
Conclusively, I believe this is a forum where objective, sincere and matured contributions are expected... People come on board Expecting to rub minds, share ideas and read intelligent contributions...I'm sure quite a number of serious minded people are now just nominal members and not bothering to log in again considering the number of times they have been disappointed by the comments they read whenever they logged in.... This observation of mine can't be concluded without saying kudos to the few that have been consistent in giving their sincere and objective opinions whenever they are here!

1 Like

Re: My View On Nairalanders by SlyIg(f): 4:09am On Nov 03, 2012
Nairaland? Its an entertainment forum to me. The very way it makes me burst out laughter alone in the room, the way it keeps me going all day and night. I think i like and im a kind of addicted to nairaland.

1 Like

Re: My View On Nairalanders by omiobo: 7:34am On Nov 03, 2012
As our faces are different so our thoughts are. The world will be so boring if everybody acts and reason this same way. The beauties of this world lies in our differences.

2 Likes

Re: My View On Nairalanders by k2039: 8:36am On Nov 03, 2012
omiobo: As our faces are different so our thoughts are. The world will be so boring if everybody acts and reason this same way. The beauties of this world lies in our differences.
Frankly you are right(if you have two people with thesame idea,then one of them is not needed.
So it's all about valuing the differences)
Re: My View On Nairalanders by Sagytarius(m): 8:57am On Nov 03, 2012
OP, it's either you're a psychologist or you're guilty of some or all of the "crimes". #justkidding
But on a more serious note, your observations are 101% correct.
Re: My View On Nairalanders by Gbawe: 10:43am On Nov 03, 2012
@OP

This is why I christened Nairaland the 'Jerry Springer' of Nigerian forums. Like the Jerry Springer show entertaining the trashiest folks existing , many come here to be rude, confrontational, controversial, unnecessarily aggressive and downright idiotic because they think it is what others will appreciate, 'like' and praise. I think it really comes down to ignoring some topics and some posters.
Re: My View On Nairalanders by Afam4eva(m): 4:32pm On Nov 03, 2012
omiobo: As our faces are different so our thoughts are. The world will be so boring if everybody acts and reason this same way. The beauties of this world lies in our differences.

k2039:
Frankly you are right(if you have two people with thesame idea,then one of them is not needed.
So it's all about valuing the differences)

Having different thoughts and being plain stup1d is not the same thing. The people that the OP mentioned deserve to have been banned since they can't be shot considering that this is an anonymous forum. In other sane forums the world over where income is not their primary objective, they ban people for posting short words and phrases like "It is good" and "Well done", not to talk of making daft comments like "first to comment" when the thread in question didn't solicit for the first posters to comment. It's unfortunate that mentally and psychologically dense people have the opportunity to advertise their 1diocy to the world either by tribalizing every thread that comes their way or abusing people with reckless abandon. At times i feel the Mods are not doing their job and i think it's intentional because the moment they start moderating this forum the way it should be, many mentally impoverished people who form the majority in this forum will run away and that will mean a cut in the income of this business venture.

(1) (Reply)

New Year Resolution, How Relevant? / The Nigeria Police Force As A Metaphor / {v.i.d.e.o}serena Williams Embarrassed For Attempting To Take Tiger Woods Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.