Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,686 members, 7,816,796 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:26 PM

John Mikel Obi (his Fans & Critics) - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / John Mikel Obi (his Fans & Critics) (859 Views)

Mikel Obi & His Twin Girls On A Stroll (photo) / Mikel Obi & His Twins Waiting For Christmas Dinner / Why Keshi Won't Drop Mikel Obi: His Professionalism (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

John Mikel Obi (his Fans & Critics) by Meldrick(m): 1:01pm On Jan 30, 2008
Anytime I watch the Nigerian match at a particular viewing center around my area, I get back home angered with my voice cracked. In the match against Mali, most of his critics had booed him and they kept raining insults on him as to what kind of player he is. THANK GOD, they were all put to shame yesterday. They keep comparing him with Jay Jay Okocha. For God sake, the burden on the young man is too much. In the match against Mali, he was left with world class midfielders like Sissoko and the rest. Rather that bringing in Arsenal and Man U sentiment, appreciate the young lad especially for his age. He is undoubtly good and has risen so fast for his talent. He'll surely captain the eagles someday cos he showed those qualities yesterday. SHAME ON HIS CRITICS.
Re: John Mikel Obi (his Fans & Critics) by segunpc(m): 2:05pm On Jan 31, 2008
whether right or wrong everyone is entitled to his/her opinion!

so whoever says mikel is not a good player can go to places cos this shows the level of the persons familiarity with the game soccer.

he is not good but was able to confine a player such as makelele to the chelsea's bench. Or maybe na him godfather.

no problem even fools r allowed to talk! angry
Re: John Mikel Obi (his Fans & Critics) by McKren(m): 5:35pm On Jan 31, 2008
Finding a replacement for a player because he is ageing does not amount to confining him to the bench. Benching a player is rendering him irrelevant even when he is at the top of his game.

Mikel has not played as much as Claude Makelele did when he was at his pic. Besides that, Mikel's strength is not in defensive midfield. He was better of an offensive player while coming up especially when it comes to defense spliting passes.

A player who commits an average of 3 fouls in 5 ball challenges, is still learning. A player who keep picking up red cards because he is saddled with the role of shielding the back four is still learning.

The world is yet to see the best of Mikel, I believe in his potentials. But its simply out of place to suggest Mikel confined Claude Makelele to bench. Mekelele simply became old and needed replacement.

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria 1, Ghana 2 / The Death Of Supa Igus / Angola 2010 Orange Nations Cup Draws. Nigeria To Face Egypt, Benin, Mozambique.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.