Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,747 members, 7,817,059 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:08 AM

Boko-Haram Denies Killing Major-General Shuwa - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko-Haram Denies Killing Major-General Shuwa (6732 Views)

Alleged Killer Of General Shuwa Killed / El Rufai Accuses JTF Of Killing Gen Mohammed Shuwa / Major General Mohammed Shuwa Shot Dead, By Gun Men! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Boko-Haram Denies Killing Major-General Shuwa by fatdon2(m): 6:43pm On Nov 04, 2012
Nov. 4 (Bloomberg)-- Boko Haram, the Islamist militant group fighting to impose strict Islamic rule in Nigeria, denied involvement in the killing of one the country’s retired army generals two days ago.

Suspects shot Muhammadu Shuwa, a retired major general at his home in Maiduguri, capital of northeastern Borno state, killing him and one of his guests, Sagir Musa, spokesman for the Joint Military Task Force in the state, said in a statement to reporters on Nov. 2. The attackers entered the house as Shuwa was hosting guests before the Friday prayers and opened fire, he said. The guest died immediately and Shuwa died on his way to the hospital, he said.

“We have no hands in the killing of Gen Shuwa,” Mohammed Ibn Abdulaziz, a spokesman for the group, said by phone today from Maiduguri. “ We didn’t have problem with the man,” he said. The attack came a day after Abdulaziz said the group is ready to start talks with the Nigerian government.

Boko Haram is seeking to impose strict Islamic law on Nigeria, Africa’s largest oil producer. Its insurgency began after its leader, Mohammed Yusuf, was killed while in police custody in 2009. Since then the group has carried out attacks in the mainly Muslim north and the capital, Abuja, that have killed more than 1,500 people, according to Human Rights Watch.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-11-04/boko-haram-denies-killing-nigerian-retired-army-general.html
Re: Boko-Haram Denies Killing Major-General Shuwa by nduchucks: 6:48pm On Nov 04, 2012
Has anyone talked to TY Danjuma about this killing?
Re: Boko-Haram Denies Killing Major-General Shuwa by Akanbiedu(m): 8:07pm On Nov 04, 2012
why na?
Re: Boko-Haram Denies Killing Major-General Shuwa by mallammusa1(m): 9:09pm On Nov 04, 2012
everybody knows that the Igbo people still hold grudges against northerners that were very instrumental in the civil war.

1 Like

Re: Boko-Haram Denies Killing Major-General Shuwa by okunboy: 10:24pm On Nov 04, 2012
[b]Conspiracy Theory:[/b]The general was killed by the JTF. The man has been marked by the security operatives as one of the sponsors of Boko-haram sect. He has been under security survaillance and profilling all this while. He was not killed by boko haram........... A friend told me this from maiduguri and I was a kind of shock! But I think this is sounding like the truth!

2 Likes

Re: Boko-Haram Denies Killing Major-General Shuwa by malele(m): 5:47am On Nov 05, 2012
It remains GOWON

1 Like

Re: Boko-Haram Denies Killing Major-General Shuwa by fatdon1(m): 9:00am On Nov 05, 2012
Re: Boko-Haram Denies Killing Major-General Shuwa by dridowu: 10:02am On Nov 05, 2012
Who kills Major General Shuwa ?
Re: Boko-Haram Denies Killing Major-General Shuwa by gramci: 10:05am On Nov 05, 2012
mallam_musa: everybody knows that the Igbo people still hold grudges against northerners that were very instrumental in the civil war.

Anuofia

13 Likes

Re: Boko-Haram Denies Killing Major-General Shuwa by ashson: 10:06am On Nov 05, 2012
Thats wat am talking about! there is not only 1 boko haram. only God can save us frm these killings. even the security men or rather army men are doing there own part in these killings.
Re: Boko-Haram Denies Killing Major-General Shuwa by dan55: 10:08am On Nov 05, 2012
mmmmhu
Re: Boko-Haram Denies Killing Major-General Shuwa by abdulkayus(m): 10:13am On Nov 05, 2012
So which branch of d BH kill General shuwa. Hmmmm, it seem we are havin more dan 3 branches of BH
Re: Boko-Haram Denies Killing Major-General Shuwa by Iaz93: 10:16am On Nov 05, 2012
malele: It remains GOWON
LOL. . .go kill am na
Re: Boko-Haram Denies Killing Major-General Shuwa by kaeto(m): 10:17am On Nov 05, 2012
mallam_musa: everybody knows that the Igbo people still hold grudges against northerners that were very instrumental in the civil war.
you are intellectually handicapped. Igbos in the north that can't even defend themselves and their families now got arms from blue moon to carry out attacks in such a dastardly manner, you must think again. It is the handwork of your brothers, and only a brainless will believe a blood dripping bunch of muderous punks can be honest. So because they dissociate themselves from the muder, seeing their masters are not impressed with it we must believe them. I don't buy the crap, it was carried out in BH style.

2 Likes

Re: Boko-Haram Denies Killing Major-General Shuwa by ssainty(m): 10:21am On Nov 05, 2012
[quote author=dridowu]Who kills Major General Shuwa ?
Oga must u comment?no be only kills,na Killingssss.
@ d post.Boko guy should nt deny it oh,afterall many oda attrocities are being commited under d auspicies of b.k
Re: Boko-Haram Denies Killing Major-General Shuwa by free2ryhme: 10:24am On Nov 05, 2012

where is the connection here
Re: Boko-Haram Denies Killing Major-General Shuwa by LagosBoi2(m): 10:33am On Nov 05, 2012
We don't even know who to believe, confused nation
embarassed undecided
Re: Boko-Haram Denies Killing Major-General Shuwa by hurricaneChris: 10:36am On Nov 05, 2012
As if whoever killed him matters.

If he lived by gunz, y wont he be definitely brought down by gunz?

Mtchewwww

6 Likes

Re: Boko-Haram Denies Killing Major-General Shuwa by eastman11: 10:46am On Nov 05, 2012
Nigerian army is the primary target of BH and have lost so many soldiers recently as a result they are now on rampage for revenge. A secret killer squad of the JTF has been given the target of eliminating any perceived sponsor or member of BH. Last week about 38 youths were gathered in a field and 20 of them who were identified as BH members were summarily executed by JTF, i think this is a good development since govt may release them in the course of negotiation with BH. Kudos to JTF.

Who killed General Shuwa?, it depends on which side of the divide he is, since BH said he is in their good books then guess who killed him.
Re: Boko-Haram Denies Killing Major-General Shuwa by ThomasAnongu(m): 10:47am On Nov 05, 2012
okunboy: [b]Conspiracy Theory:[/b]The general was killed by the JTF. The man has been marked by the security operatives as one of the sponsors of Boko-haram sect. He has been under security survaillance and profilling all this while. He was not killed by boko haram........... A friend told me this from maiduguri and I was a kind of shock! But I think this is sounding like the truth!
u always speak like a fool. So many humble souls were taken by d bastards Boko Haram and his shudn't sound bigger dan theirs, after all, wat meeting was he holding? Normally, attacks in d North do take place after Juma'aT prayers. Probably, d slick was planning attack on innocent souls intending to take place after prayers. If I see d general in another world I would still pull a trigger @ him. Meanwhile, U n ur slick ass miserable friends are FOOLS
Re: Boko-Haram Denies Killing Major-General Shuwa by Rick9(m): 10:51am On Nov 05, 2012
GOODLUCK EBELE JONATHAN: my People i am doing everything to stop bokoharam menace
Oga we don tire oh. Please do something.
Re: Boko-Haram Denies Killing Major-General Shuwa by megxo(m): 10:53am On Nov 05, 2012
EYA!!!!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Boko-Haram Denies Killing Major-General Shuwa by soma042(m): 10:56am On Nov 05, 2012
whatever.
nst Please ¤
Re: Boko-Haram Denies Killing Major-General Shuwa by Babaken(m): 10:56am On Nov 05, 2012
dridowu: Who kills Major General Shuwa ?
. Na death kiss major General shuwa

1 Like

Re: Boko-Haram Denies Killing Major-General Shuwa by Ozonna(m): 11:20am On Nov 05, 2012
ndu_chucks: Has anyone talked to TY Danjuma about this killing?

Why T.Y Danjuma
Re: Boko-Haram Denies Killing Major-General Shuwa by jude33084(m): 11:25am On Nov 05, 2012
So JTF now have secrete killer squard? undecided
Desperate time calls for desperate measures cheesy

If we want bokoHaram activities to stop, we must be prepared to see things like τhis sad
Re: Boko-Haram Denies Killing Major-General Shuwa by Nobody: 11:25am On Nov 05, 2012
Thomas Anongu: u always speak like a fool. So many humble souls were taken by d bastards Boko Haram and his shudn't sound bigger dan theirs, after all, wat meeting was he holding? Normally, attacks in d North do take place after Juma'aT prayers. Probably, d slick was planning attack on innocent souls intending to take place after prayers. If I see d general in another world I would still pull a trigger @ him. Meanwhile, U n ur slick ass miserable friends are FOOLS
Are u making sense at all? undecided

You are both on the same side.... SMH
Re: Boko-Haram Denies Killing Major-General Shuwa by Bee4real: 11:35am On Nov 05, 2012
May God Almighty see us through from all this mess. My opinion about this issue of Gen Shuwa's killing is that, I want to subscribe fully to the idea of IGBO and CIVIL WAR REVENGE is not far away from the truth, lets look at these:
1. if a learned man to the level and highly respected man like Chinua Achebe can stil refered to CIVIL WAR even to Late Awo, what do you think of ordinary Igbo men on the street.
2.While is it that the killings happen within the period of POST MORTEN BIRTH DAY CELEBRATION of OCHUKWU.
3.While would BOKO-HARAM denied the killing of this man if they actually did, afterall they have killed innocent people both in CHURCH, MOSQUE, SCHOOLS, MARKETS, UNIVERSITY and so on, WHILE WOULD THEY DENIED THIS?
4.If the late Awo was not forgiven for his alleged role in Nigeria/civil war, While do we think GEN SHUWA will be forgiven for his active role on this matter..
5. some unconfirmed report said JTF killed the Gen. while is it difficult for IGBOS in army to do the dirty deal..
I rest my case for now.
Re: Boko-Haram Denies Killing Major-General Shuwa by nagoma(m): 11:35am On Nov 05, 2012
eastman11: Nigerian army is the primary target of BH and have lost so many soldiers recently as a result they are now on rampage for revenge. A secret killer squad of the JTF has been given the target of eliminating any perceived sponsor or member of BH. Last week about 38 youths were gathered in a field and 20 of them who were identified as BH members were summarily executed by JTF, i think this is a good development since govt may release them in the course of negotiation with BH. Kudos to JTF.

Who killed General Shuwa?, it depends on which side of the divide he is, since BH said he is in their good books then guess who killed him.

So surrounding youths and killing them extra-judicially is a good development? You must be having sawdust in your skull and not a single brain cell.
You will not be this happy if summay excecution of young peopls presumed guilty is now the rule all over Nigeria.
Re: Boko-Haram Denies Killing Major-General Shuwa by hurricaneChris: 11:45am On Nov 05, 2012
Let me restate my position on this:

any modafucker who pulls d trigger into d head of freaky innocent women and Children in d name of war, will hav his goddamn head shattered by bullets...#FACT!

Gen. Shuwa's killers dont matter, what matters is dt he died of ''what he believed''

3 Likes

Re: Boko-Haram Denies Killing Major-General Shuwa by jaybee(f): 11:55am On Nov 05, 2012
okunboy: Conspiracy Theory:[/b]The general was killed by the JTF. The man has been marked by the security operatives as one of the sponsors of Boko-haram sect. He has been under security survaillance and profilling all this while. He was not killed by boko haram........... A friend told me this from maiduguri and I was a kind of shock! But I think this is sounding like the truth!

boy, mind ya tongue!!!
Re: Boko-Haram Denies Killing Major-General Shuwa by Ngodigha1(m): 11:55am On Nov 05, 2012
Mohammed Shuwa.
Danjuma and Gowon next, they are still in Nigeria.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Muslims banned from Slovakia, 'will Only Accept Christians' / Strange Man Spotted At Peter Obi's Rally (picture) / No State In SW Is As Developed As Rivers, Delta Or Akwa Ibom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.