Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,590 members, 7,809,141 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:04 AM

CAF Unveils Shortlists For Player Of The Year Awards - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / CAF Unveils Shortlists For Player Of The Year Awards (8924 Views)

Men’s Football Shortlists For FIFA Ballon D’or 2015 Revealed / CAF Unveils AFCON 2015 Groups (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CAF Unveils Shortlists For Player Of The Year Awards by psamuell2(m): 5:30pm On Nov 05, 2012
shadrach77: i don't understand this. If you are African footballer of the year, the league youy play in should not be an issue. Why must there be a separate category for African based players ??
Nice question bro.we still ave a long way to go in africa
Re: CAF Unveils Shortlists For Player Of The Year Awards by mamagee3(f): 5:45pm On Nov 05, 2012
Is this African's fifa ballon d'or award? lol.grin
Re: CAF Unveils Shortlists For Player Of The Year Awards by Yello1(m): 5:54pm On Nov 05, 2012
siddiq202:
what's the big deal Sneijder won 3 Trophies including the champions league and made it to the world cup final in 2010, what did he have to show for it? not even among the last three contestants for the best player of the year.
wake-up man, it's an individual award
and so wat broda,guess is u dt gat 2 wake-up here cos mikel performance last season was tremendious

2 Likes

Re: CAF Unveils Shortlists For Player Of The Year Awards by siddiq202(m): 6:07pm On Nov 05, 2012
Double post
Re: CAF Unveils Shortlists For Player Of The Year Awards by siddiq202(m): 6:08pm On Nov 05, 2012
Yello1: and so wat broda,guess is u dt gat 2 wake-up here cos mikel performance last season was tremendious
OK SIR
Mikel for 2012 African Best Player of the year. If you agree say HI cheesy
Re: CAF Unveils Shortlists For Player Of The Year Awards by Nobody: 8:02pm On Nov 05, 2012
Drogba will probably win this one
Re: CAF Unveils Shortlists For Player Of The Year Awards by Yello1(m): 9:58pm On Nov 05, 2012
siddiq202:
OK SIR
Mikel for 2012 African Best Player of the year. If you agree say HI cheesy
hi sadiqq
Re: CAF Unveils Shortlists For Player Of The Year Awards by Nobody: 10:41pm On Nov 05, 2012
This is a straight fight between Drogba and Katongo.

Demba Ba could have come 3rd but for Senegal's woeful 2012. Yaya Toure to emerge 3rd.

Decent list, reflective of Top 10 African players, only that Papiss Cisse also did enough to be right there in Top 10.
Re: CAF Unveils Shortlists For Player Of The Year Awards by jeebz: 11:35pm On Nov 05, 2012
Drogba and Mikel won the UEFA champions league with Chelsea. Drogba was a runner up with Ivory Coast at the Orange Africa Cup of Nations. But a certain Younes Belhanda was so instrumental Montpellier Herault lifting the French Ligue 1 from literally nowhere. Chris Katongo was captain of the Zambian side that won the Africa Cup of Nations.Voting will be tight especially between first and second runners up.
Re: CAF Unveils Shortlists For Player Of The Year Awards by harlos: 12:38am On Nov 06, 2012
omenziate: Even Obi know se he no fit win am, when Yaya and Didier dey there.? He wan steal am ni?
u go see say if obi no win am e go b second... Watch out!!!
Re: CAF Unveils Shortlists For Player Of The Year Awards by psamuell2(m): 9:26am On Nov 06, 2012
Re: CAF Unveils Shortlists For Player Of The Year Awards by siddiq202(m): 9:46am On Nov 06, 2012
harlos: u go see say if obi no win am e go b second... Watch out!!!
**I laugh in Yoruba**....I will sue CAF if his name is among the last three
Re: CAF Unveils Shortlists For Player Of The Year Awards by harlos: 9:56am On Nov 06, 2012
siddiq202:
**I laugh in Yoruba**....I will sue CAF if his name is among the last three
I will smile as a gentle man when it happens cool

(1) (2) (Reply)

Sani Kaita Vs Abdul Mutallab / Man United Miss Out On Top Four After Draw With Huddersfield / Reliable Football Betting Tips... 7 Days Free Trial!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.