Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,342 members, 7,860,867 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 05:37 PM

‘THE LORD’S DAY’ Be Adamant At Your Own Peril! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / ‘THE LORD’S DAY’ Be Adamant At Your Own Peril! (740 Views)

What Is The Lord's Day? / The Lord's Day. / Write And Spread False Rumours About Me At Your Own Peril...prophet TB Joshua (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

‘THE LORD’S DAY’ Be Adamant At Your Own Peril! by BERNIMOORE: 10:07pm On Nov 05, 2012
When I first read about how only 8 souls among many living on the earth then survived the deluge in Noahs day, I thought it was a joke, because I never believed that many could be so engaged in personal matters despite repeated warnings for years until the flood swept them away.
Presently,we have the bible containing warning signs ‘written for those living in the endtimes’.
This tread’s CREDIBILITY ‘WILL NOT BE DETERMINED BY THE MAJORITY’S ACCEPTANCE,BUT RATHER BY THE ‘FEW ONES WITH CONCIENCE’.
lets consider some of the warnings again maybe it is worth being emphasized or not;
2 Peter 3:1-18
New King James Version (NKJV)
3 Beloved, I now write to you this second epistle (inboth of which I stir up your pure minds by way of reminder), 2 that you may be mindful of the words which were spoken before by the holy prophets, and of the commandment of us,[a] the apostles of the Lord and Savior, 3 knowing this first:
that scoffers will come in the last days,
walking according to their own lusts,4 and saying, “Where is the promise of His coming? For since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of creation.”

Christians are to beware of a ‘dangerous kind of people’ described as ‘scoffers’ ‘who will come in the last days,
What these ‘scoffers will be saying or seek to promote has been penned down in verse 4 above;
“Where is the promise of His coming? For since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of creation.”
Apart from atheists here on NL, we have many who are of the ‘adamant mindset’ and are ready to promote such to their peril and those that they lure,the question is (for Christians only);
Where do you belong? Do you choose to join the scoffers or Try to mend your ways?
Remember that what is happening now that people mock those who genuinely direct ones attention to the happenings that signifies the last days as prophecied in the bible …..happened to Noah and 7 others, also paul was even mocked even by a fellow Christian,who even twist some of ‘hard to be understood words’ of his epistles by Gods inspiration,read;
2 peter 3:16

16 as also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things, in which are some things hard to understand, which untaught and unstable people twist to their own destruction, as they do also the rest of the Scriptures.

Now,Lets see the parallel beign drawn between Noahs day and our day that is worth notice,word-for-word;
[color=#006600[b]]2 Peter 3:5-7
For this they willfully forget: that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of water and in the water, 6 by which the world that then existed perished, being flooded with water. 7 But the heavens and the earth which are now preserved by the same word, are reserved for fire until the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.[/b]
[/color]
Now these set of twisters,mockers and scoffers are here now(one of the last days sign),even plenty of them on the nairaland who choose to ‘reason their ways out of christ’ because they ‘have engaged their mind with harmfull knowledge’ like the one paul described as ‘empty philosophies according to the elementary things and not of christ’s.
THEY DISMISSED WARNINGS AS ‘THREATS’ the same ‘mindset that scoffers promote and spread during Noahs days that cost the whole majority their lives, you can see how scoffers mindset works as a software,immediately you embrace it knowingly or unknowingly,it works like a magic,and you automatically became ‘unresponsive’ to signs and develop an adamant ‘I don’t care attitude’.
Lets see why true Christians should be cautious not to join this set of people who lure other people because of what ‘seemed to be a delay’
2 peter 3:8-11;
But, beloved, do not forget this one thing, that with the Lord one day is as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day. 9 The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some count slackness, but is longsuffering toward us,[b] not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance.
10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night, in which the heavens will pass away with a great noise, and the elements will melt with fervent heat; both the earth and the works that are in it will be burned up.[c] 11 Therefore, since all these things will be dissolved, what manner of persons ought you to be in holy conduct and godliness,

And instead of joining the scoffers group,why not heed peters final warnings here;
14[b] Therefore, beloved, looking forward to these things, be diligent to be found by Him in peace, without spot and blameless; 15 and consider that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation—as also our beloved brother Paul, according to the wisdom given to him, has written to you17 You therefore, beloved, since you know thisbeforehand, beware lest you also fall from your own steadfastness, being led away with the error of the wicked; 18 but grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.[/b]
Lets see The Importance of staying alert,rather than joining scoffers;

luke 21:34-36
34 “But take heed to yourselves, lest your hearts be weighed down with carousing, drunkenness, and cares of this life, and that Day come on you unexpectedly.35 For it will come as a snare on all those who dwell on the face of the whole earth. 36 Watch therefore, and pray always that you may be counted worthy[a] to escape all these things that will come to pass, and to stand before the Son of Man
.”

It will not be a surprise that many who have ‘murdered their conciences’ will dismiss this reminder, and as I have said earlier
…THE CREDIBILITY OF THIS TREAD, ‘WILL NOT BE DETERMINED BY THE MAJORITY’S ACCEPTANCE,BUT RATHER BY THE ‘FEW ONES WITH CONCIENCE’.
Why do I say so, when jesus was talking about ‘the right way’ he confirmed that ‘broad and WIDE is that way that leads to destruction,and MANY are those who enjoyed plying through that way, but NARROW and CRAMP is that way leading to life,but unfortunately ‘few are those plying it’ mathew 7:14
So,im not expecting a popular embrace of these write-up, but rather state your view why many are adamant and even with plenty of time refuse to mend their ways and would rather wait for the calamity to befall them,even before the endtime,there is this death that can come at anytime,have you ever think that you can truly account for your actions,of you think that your excuses will be entertained when you have all the time now? Well,[size=14pt]dismiss it at your peril I say,what you sow,you shall reap.[/size]
Re: ‘THE LORD’S DAY’ Be Adamant At Your Own Peril! by GMacbeth: 3:38am On Nov 06, 2012
Am touched
Re: ‘THE LORD’S DAY’ Be Adamant At Your Own Peril! by BERNIMOORE: 12:53am On Nov 07, 2012
Am touched
well,there is time for a change,

but many are just adamant for no reason!at their own peril!
Re: ‘THE LORD’S DAY’ Be Adamant At Your Own Peril! by BERNIMOORE: 1:02am On Nov 09, 2012
why are people dismissing Gods day as a mere threat?
Re: ‘THE LORD’S DAY’ Be Adamant At Your Own Peril! by BERNIMOORE: 12:55am On Nov 10, 2012
are you even sure of where you are going even after death, lets say lords day is far!
Re: ‘THE LORD’S DAY’ Be Adamant At Your Own Peril! by truthislight: 10:52am On Nov 10, 2012
BERNIMOORE: why are people dismissing Gods day as a mere threat?

people have been blinded by the ruler of this world
Re: ‘THE LORD’S DAY’ Be Adamant At Your Own Peril! by Snowwy: 11:08am On Nov 10, 2012
@OP,
Very true write up.
May we not abuse the grace that Jesus Christ has given us, to walk in the commands of the Father through the Holy Spirit, by sinning and may those that have left the narrow way receive mercy to come back to the right path.

2 Peter 3:15a
And account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation;
This particular scripture ministered a lot to me. This is simply Grace which can also be seen as Christ's long-suffering nature so that all can come to repentance. It is this Grace that people are yet to understand and thus they have the 'I don't care' due to the delay you spoke about. Thanks Bernimoore.
Re: ‘THE LORD’S DAY’ Be Adamant At Your Own Peril! by coolotunba(m): 1:35pm On Nov 10, 2012
I will suggest that this go to the front page. I know majority will question it. But let the message get to everyone again.

(1) (Reply)

God's Rest! / Why Is It That Most Don't Believe In Prophetic Messages From Prophets? / Seriously, Should Christianity Be A Means To An End Or An End In Itself?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.