Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,581 members, 7,812,900 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:44 PM

Database Development For Mosque/church - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Database Development For Mosque/church (1114 Views)

Learn Android App Development For FREE Here / Database Development Using Access / VBA Programming / Help With Database Development. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Database Development For Mosque/church by saddik(m): 9:52am On Jan 31, 2008
PLEASE I NEED A DATABASE ADMINISTRATOR WHO CAN HELP ME DEFINE A LIST OF FIELDS I CAN USE FOR A MOSQUE DATABASE ?

WHAT KING OF INFORMATION SHOULD I INCLUDE AND ON WHAT PLATFORM CAN I GET A BEST RESULT?

IT SHOULD INCLUDE FIELDS LIKE DONATORS, AMOUNT, SEX, ETC.

REGARDS.
Re: Database Development For Mosque/church by my2cents(m): 11:48am On Jan 31, 2008
saddik,

no offense but seeing you have started the show with 3 fields, I say you are on the right track. Why not list the fields you have in mind and then on our end, we tell you whether or not they make sense? wink
Re: Database Development For Mosque/church by skima(m): 5:07pm On Jan 31, 2008
i have developed one dat works for church, hmmm mosques? it will definately. since its humans that attend there one can easily modify for mosque. is it gonna be web based or desktop application? dats no big deal though
Re: Database Development For Mosque/church by saddik(m): 3:10am On Feb 02, 2008
Thanks for the input from u all.

Skima i would like it to be a desktop application which will be web based at a much later time.

Pls can u shed more light on the one u did for the church? i.e what fields did u gather? what softwares used, etc.

regards.
Re: Database Development For Mosque/church by cauchy(m): 9:14pm On Feb 02, 2008
Men u are a gud programmer,since u are about 2 write a program 4 the mosque/church.but y not u have some tin gud for the society at whole.
Re: Database Development For Mosque/church by skima(m): 1:27pm On Feb 03, 2008
i used basically PHP/MYSQL .

it collects personal data of a member, their children info, marital detail and all info. so its relate them with all their relative in the church. so as an overseer of the church you can make various queries. you can search for all married people in the church, you can search for all the singles, you can search for all the unemployed, imminent! am not running on my system now i would have listed all the whole features. more so, the application was built with the web in mind. so it can run locally and on line. it can merge data. do backup etc.

my phone number: 08027924441 email: possicon at yahoo dot com
Re: Database Development For Mosque/church by fasanD1(m): 6:25pm On Feb 15, 2008
Do you said, you need what you can use to collects personal data of a member, their children info, marital detail and it should be desktop application?

I can developed the application for you,  it will be inform of software which you can install on any system or computer  you want.

for more informatin contact email:delongpet23@yahoo.com
Re: Database Development For Mosque/church by Panache(m): 12:34am On Feb 20, 2008
saddik:

PLEASE I NEED A DATABASE ADMINISTRATOR WHO CAN HELP ME DEFINE A LIST OF FIELDS I CAN USE FOR A MOSQUE DATABASE ?

WHAT KING OF INFORMATION SHOULD I INCLUDE AND ON WHAT PLATFORM CAN I GET A BEST RESULT?

IT SHOULD INCLUDE FIELDS LIKE DONATORS, AMOUNT, SEX, ETC.

REGARDS.

I don't know what you want to track/store but basically the following are ideal fields for table "Mosque Members":
FirstName
SurName
DOB(Day,Month,Year)
Sex
Email
Home Address
City
State
Pry PhoneNumber
Secondary PhoneNumber
MosqueID (primary key - unique).

You can add another table "Contributions".Add fields showing donation for month e.g Jan and link the MosqueID of the donator with that of MosqueID in the Meber table.That way you can query donations based matching mosqueID.

If you want to make it a web application, you can use WAMP(Windows Apache MySQL Php).

You can down a free one at http://www.wampserver.com/en/.I have an ebook that I can share with you, but the file is about 14MB.I can email it to you if you contact me.

Feel free to let me know if I can be of further assistance.
Re: Database Development For Mosque/church by Wallie(m): 1:22am On Feb 20, 2008
I agree with Panche but I think the OP is going about the solution the wrong way. The first thing that you need to know is what your requirements are. Is the database required to keep track of contributions or keep track of mosque members or do you just want a generic database that stores everything pertaining to the mosque?

Depending on what your needs/requirements are that will inform what fields you need to add to your database.
Re: Database Development For Mosque/church by Panache(m): 1:40am On Feb 20, 2008
Inline with what Wallie said,it will be ideal if you can post your requirements.It will also help you to measure the effectiveness of your app.
Re: Database Development For Mosque/church by saddik(m): 1:08pm On Feb 20, 2008
I appreciate all ur contributions,

Panuche and wallie in specific, i would like to respond that it will contain both contributors as well as members.

So i must say it should be generic, and finally panuche i would appreciate the e-book.

Regards.

(1) (Reply)

Abeg O,help Me With Dis VB.NET Code / Are Your Programmers Working Hard, Or Are They Lazy? / New Hub For Nigerian Programmers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.