Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,497 members, 7,816,187 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:16 AM

PHOTO: How PHCN Should Function In A Proper And Civilised Society! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PHOTO: How PHCN Should Function In A Proper And Civilised Society! (11754 Views)

Adamawa's SSG, Umar Bindir's Phone Spotted At A Function (pic) / HOW PHCN OPERATE IN OGIJO, OGUN STATE / How PHCN Operates. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

PHOTO: How PHCN Should Function In A Proper And Civilised Society! by 740megawatts: 3:44pm On Nov 06, 2012
This picture was taken sometime last weekend along a street located in Durban, South Africa. It is an official notification of an impending power outage on this particular street. Readers should note that about a week's notice is issued out to the residents ahead of the proposed power outage. This is the kind of corporate foresight supposed to be exhibited by own PHCN. Unfortunately, power outages are seen as a norm in Nigeria and PHCN doesn't give a damn about its responsibility.
I hope the private companies that have recently acquired the DISCOs will put up a good show of social responsibility and foresight.

*Ethekwini is the official name of the city of Durban, South Africa.

3 Likes

Re: PHOTO: How PHCN Should Function In A Proper And Civilised Society! by TonySpike: 4:03pm On Nov 06, 2012
Can PHCN ever be like this? Well, I hope so in my lifetime...
Re: PHOTO: How PHCN Should Function In A Proper And Civilised Society! by mynaija123(m): 4:34pm On Nov 06, 2012
Why should there be notifications when there is no Power to notify us about? let them fix the power first, then notifications can come later. smiley

9 Likes

Re: PHOTO: How PHCN Should Function In A Proper And Civilised Society! by TonySpike: 4:47pm On Nov 06, 2012
mynaija123: Why should there be notifications when there is no Power to notify us about? let them fix the power first, then notifications can come later. smiley

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: PHOTO: How PHCN Should Function In A Proper And Civilised Society! by dnative(m): 6:19pm On Nov 06, 2012
I could have sworn that "Ethekwini" is near Uromi in Esan North-East LGA. The name sounds Edoish kind of grin

1 Like

Re: PHOTO: How PHCN Should Function In A Proper And Civilised Society! by Nobody: 6:20pm On Nov 06, 2012
I sincerely pray that Nigeria will be like this very, very soon.
Re: PHOTO: How PHCN Should Function In A Proper And Civilised Society! by iamswizz(m): 6:20pm On Nov 06, 2012
Ok
Re: PHOTO: How PHCN Should Function In A Proper And Civilised Society! by OYINBOGOJU(m): 6:21pm On Nov 06, 2012
Tell PHCN this and they will let you know you are a strange man.
Re: PHOTO: How PHCN Should Function In A Proper And Civilised Society! by siddiq202(m): 6:24pm On Nov 06, 2012
I wouldn't need to worry about the time to iron my clothes since there will always be a notification for power outage cheesy
But wait o...don't you think that I will be spoiled grin grin

1 Like

Re: PHOTO: How PHCN Should Function In A Proper And Civilised Society! by mcevans1(m): 6:25pm On Nov 06, 2012
They will just collect the signboard and smash it on your head. grin grin

1 Like

Re: PHOTO: How PHCN Should Function In A Proper And Civilised Society! by Super1759: 6:29pm On Nov 06, 2012
you want them to finish us with bills? They will include
*notification bill
*billboard bill
*field worker's bill
*art and printing work bill
When you see the bill,your eye will open. Abeg leave it like that

4 Likes

Re: PHOTO: How PHCN Should Function In A Proper And Civilised Society! by naptu2: 6:29pm On Nov 06, 2012
I remember back when Nepa and the water works would inform the public ahead of time (via Radio Nigeria) before their services are disrupted.

Back then we would call the Nepa office when there is a power outage to complain that we couldn't do our home work because there's no light. The power would come back on within 10 minutes off our call.

Will we ever get that kind of service again?

1 Like

Re: PHOTO: How PHCN Should Function In A Proper And Civilised Society! by wolebaba(m): 6:30pm On Nov 06, 2012
Theirs will be notification of when power will be available, as the outage is their job.

5 Likes

Re: PHOTO: How PHCN Should Function In A Proper And Civilised Society! by Iaz93: 6:33pm On Nov 06, 2012
Lwkmd. . . They even put a sign board.LOL
Nigeria is getting there
Re: PHOTO: How PHCN Should Function In A Proper And Civilised Society! by Lusaint(m): 6:35pm On Nov 06, 2012
In nigeria who get ur time,PHCN P-please,H-hold,C -ur candle,N-now,so d name is already tellin wat 2 do

1 Like

Re: PHOTO: How PHCN Should Function In A Proper And Civilised Society! by deols(f): 6:39pm On Nov 06, 2012
gone are the good 'ol days when NEPA would make announcements on the radio before taking off the supply.

1 Like

Re: PHOTO: How PHCN Should Function In A Proper And Civilised Society! by Nwoka(m): 6:39pm On Nov 06, 2012
We can get to this level bet Namadi sambo and him fellow brothers no go allow us!! Ndi ara
Re: PHOTO: How PHCN Should Function In A Proper And Civilised Society! by DANILSA(m): 6:46pm On Nov 06, 2012
deols: gone are the good 'ol days when NEPA would make announcements on the radio before taking off the supply.
DID THIS HAPPEN IN NIGERIA? shocked shocked shocked IS IT 1804? lipsrsealed
Re: PHOTO: How PHCN Should Function In A Proper And Civilised Society! by Iaz93: 6:51pm On Nov 06, 2012
deols: gone are the good 'ol days when NEPA would make announcements on the radio before taking off the supply.
eehh!! Which good 'ol days? No be only announcement...na advertisement
Re: PHOTO: How PHCN Should Function In A Proper And Civilised Society! by naptu2: 7:02pm On Nov 06, 2012
Believe it or not, Nepa and the water works used to give notice before interrupting power supply. The announcement would be made on Radio Nigeria.

Back then you could even phone nepa to complain when there's a power outage. Power outages didn't last that long.
Re: PHOTO: How PHCN Should Function In A Proper And Civilised Society! by mrkels(m): 7:02pm On Nov 06, 2012
naptu2: I remember back when Nepa and the water works would inform the public ahead of time (via Radio Nigeria) before their services are disrupted.

Back then we would call the Nepa office when there is a power outage to complain that we couldn't do our home work because there's no light. The power would come back on within 10 minutes off our call.

Boss for real? Wow...when I was younger I lived in a company's housing estate and there was nothing like power supply( not that I remember anyways) although it became the norm in the early nineties and as I type this reply, there has been no light for 3weeks in that housing complex . But this one that you ll say they call nepa and bring back the light is a new one o cheesy
Re: PHOTO: How PHCN Should Function In A Proper And Civilised Society! by naptu2: 7:07pm On Nov 06, 2012
mrkels:
Boss for real? Wow...when I was younger I lived in a company's housing estate and there was nothing like power supply( not that I remember anyways) although it became the norm in the early nineties and as I type this reply, there has been no light for 3weeks in that housing complex . But this one that you ll say they call nepa and bring back the light is a new one o cheesy

I reminded my sister about this the other day and asked her "what do you think would happen if we call PHCN today?".

Then we would check the phone directory, get nepa's number and call them. We would get nepa awolowo road and they would tell us that they are no longer in charge of our area and then give us the phone number of nepa @ Berkley Street.

We would call nepa Berkley and cry that we've got homework (exams or whatever. Thinking about it now, I'm sure they had a good laugh about it). They would assure us that the light would be back in 10 minutes, that they were fixing a fault. And sure enough, the power would be back in 10 minutes.
Re: PHOTO: How PHCN Should Function In A Proper And Civilised Society! by Redmosquito(m): 7:35pm On Nov 06, 2012
A notice for power supply not outage would be much more efficient in Naija
Re: PHOTO: How PHCN Should Function In A Proper And Civilised Society! by stunna2(m): 7:39pm On Nov 06, 2012
The place where they give you sign that they will take your light is a 2nd world country and the place they have no light to give you never mind tell you the time they will take it away ahead of time is a developing country...neither is a great situation and both should strive to arrive in a 1st world country situation where the lights are always on and if it is gone, then it must be due to some natural disaster, period!!
If I came home after 10 years of continuos electricity and there was a sign on my street that my lights will be off, I will still be very upset and demand to know why??
This is the life in an advanced society...and anything less is unacceptable to me!

Nigerians must set a standard that they want and Nigerians will work to meet those standards!
No miracles will save nigeria only Nigerians can and will!
It's very simple...24 hour electricity supply costs a lot of money to develope and maintain and as long as the cash is being stolen, nigeria will not go far at all...!
I know how the world works, so take it or leave it...I know what I am talking about!

1 Like

Re: PHOTO: How PHCN Should Function In A Proper And Civilised Society! by Tafugo: 7:42pm On Nov 06, 2012
When I was in Jos we used to get notified by the provider in Rayfield some old electricity company that used to service the Tin mines
Re: PHOTO: How PHCN Should Function In A Proper And Civilised Society! by Cupidkc(m): 7:55pm On Nov 06, 2012
naptu2: I remember back when Nepa and the water works would inform the public ahead of time (via Radio Nigeria) before their services are disrupted.

wht i remember is dt wn i was in primary sch my dad had ds nepa friend dt he usually cals wneva d lgt is out. And It wl b restored in lik 10mins tym.
Re: PHOTO: How PHCN Should Function In A Proper And Civilised Society! by 1shortblackboy: 8:03pm On Nov 06, 2012
ABeg make una dey realistic na with d rate at which d light dey go everywhere u want to dey put millions of sighnboards all over nigeria everyday?
Re: PHOTO: How PHCN Should Function In A Proper And Civilised Society! by a1solution: 8:03pm On Nov 06, 2012
As from 1st January 2013 all Nigerians would begin to Enjoy Uninterupted Power Supply.
Re: PHOTO: How PHCN Should Function In A Proper And Civilised Society! by friedrice1: 8:04pm On Nov 06, 2012
I have seen a notice like this in Port-Harcourt before,
the only difference was that the Duration of interruption was in the span of 6 months
Re: PHOTO: How PHCN Should Function In A Proper And Civilised Society! by ITbomb(m): 8:15pm On Nov 06, 2012
I remember when NEPA gave a notice that power would be restored very soon that we should switch off all appliances.
This was after 5 months outage

1 Like

Re: PHOTO: How PHCN Should Function In A Proper And Civilised Society! by mbhs139(m): 8:26pm On Nov 06, 2012
naptu2:

I reminded my sister about this the other day and asked her "what do you think would happen if we call PHCN today?".

Then we would check the phone directory, get nepa's number and call them. We would get nepa awolowo road and they would tell us that they are no longer in charge of our area and then give us the phone number of nepa @ Berkley Street.

We would call nepa Berkley and cry that we've got homework (exams or whatever. Thinking about it now, I'm sure they had a good laugh about it). They would assure us that the light would be back in 10 minutes, that they were fixing a fault. And sure enough, the power would be back in 10 minutes.

This are the people that enjoyed Nigeria. You must be some 60 some years old.

Make one pikin try am now, them go tell you weather your papa no know where dem dey sell generator.

Where you even wan see phone directory? We never know their office address, na phone direcotry you wan know.

2 Likes

Re: PHOTO: How PHCN Should Function In A Proper And Civilised Society! by skullzflex(m): 8:35pm On Nov 06, 2012
DANILSA: DID THIS HAPPEN IN NIGERIA? shocked shocked shocked IS IT 1804? lipsrsealed
Oh Yes..in the early 90's

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigeria Should Forget About Nuclear, Wind Energy—nbet Boss / FG Declares Emergency On Public Health / Onnoghen: Buhari Extends Appointment of Justice Tanko As Acting CJN By 3 Months

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.