Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,125 members, 7,811,172 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:03 AM

Suspect In Cynthia’s Murder Seeks N50M Damages - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Suspect In Cynthia’s Murder Seeks N50M Damages (12516 Views)

Suspect In Lagos Police Station Kidnapped By 3 Masked Gunmen / Cynthia's Murder: Courts Orders Re-arrest Of Pharmacist / More Suspects Arrested In Cynthia's Murder (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Suspect In Cynthia’s Murder Seeks N50M Damages by Ptimes: 8:12pm On Nov 06, 2012
One of the seven suspects in the death of Cynthia Osokogu, murdered in cold blood in her hotel room in Lagos, has brought a N50 million suit against the Nigeria Police for damages.

Gideon Okechukwu, who allegedly drove the killers to the hotel, also joined the Attorney-General of the Federation in the suit in which he said that the fee would cover “general and aggravated damages.”

Mr. Okechukwu, 39, also demanded a public apology to be published by the respondents in a “conspicuous portion” of a national newspaper.

On Monday, all the suspects in the murder case were brought to the Yaba Magistrate Court where the advice of the Directorate of Public Prosecution was to be read.

However, the court observing its annual leave meant they had to be returned to the Kirikiri Prisons until November 27, the date fixed for the court to sit.

The police had said in its investigations that Mr. Okechukwu, an unregistered cab driver, drove Okwumo Nwabufor, a prime suspect in the murder case, and Ms. Osokogu to Cosmilla Hotel in Festac where the latter was strangled to death.

The police also stated that Mr. Okechukwu usually drove Mr. Nwabufo during his numerous operations and also aids him in escaping from crime scenes.

In the suit, deposed at the Lagos High Court, Greg Anumenechi, counsel to the suspect, denied all the claims, adding that his client has been in police detention since August 20 without being charged to court. Mr. Anumenechi also stated that the forceful seizure of his client’s Mazda 626 car is unlawful and a violation of his right.

Read more: http://premiumtimesng.com/news/106105-suspect-in-cynthia-osokogus-murder-seeks-n50-million-damages-public-apology-from-police.html

1 Like

Re: Suspect In Cynthia’s Murder Seeks N50M Damages by Callotti: 6:27am On Nov 07, 2012
He is lucky to be alive!
Jungle justice!!!! kiss

1 Like

Re: Suspect In Cynthia’s Murder Seeks N50M Damages by Nkemika(f): 12:58pm On Nov 07, 2012
he must be a thief, unregistered cab init
Re: Suspect In Cynthia’s Murder Seeks N50M Damages by 222Martins(m): 1:00pm On Nov 07, 2012
That driver might just be a victim of circumstance, since his job is to pick people up at the airport and drop them at their desired destination.

5 Likes

Re: Suspect In Cynthia’s Murder Seeks N50M Damages by PrinceNN(m): 1:02pm On Nov 07, 2012
Callotti: He is lucky to be alive!
Jungle justice!!!! kiss
lmao

1 Like

Re: Suspect In Cynthia’s Murder Seeks N50M Damages by 222Martins(m): 1:02pm On Nov 07, 2012
Nkemika: he must be a thief, unregistered cab init
I know some people who use their car or father's car to earn some money in their spare time by going to the airport to pick travellers.

1 Like

Re: Suspect In Cynthia’s Murder Seeks N50M Damages by Afam4eva(m): 1:02pm On Nov 07, 2012
I think the guy is innocent. If he isn't then he won;t be suing the police.
Re: Suspect In Cynthia’s Murder Seeks N50M Damages by packman: 1:07pm On Nov 07, 2012
[size=15pt]THE GUY HIS HIGH ON DRUGS......WHAT THE Bleep THIS BLOODY NITWIT

AND EVEN THE POLICE I JUST HOPE THE INVESTIGATION WERE MADE CORRECTLY..... AND NOT OUT OF FEAR OF GENERAL

THAT GUY I PITY HIM HE SHOULD JUST KEEP QUIET AND LET THE LAW PLAY ITS CAUSE[/size]
Re: Suspect In Cynthia’s Murder Seeks N50M Damages by Super1759: 1:07pm On Nov 07, 2012
in this case, BAIL IS FREE.
Re: Suspect In Cynthia’s Murder Seeks N50M Damages by Testy17: 1:08pm On Nov 07, 2012
Well God will assist him
Re: Suspect In Cynthia’s Murder Seeks N50M Damages by Nobody: 1:19pm On Nov 07, 2012
Jungle justice!!!! kiss

Am trying hard to understand where you are coming from.

1 Like

Re: Suspect In Cynthia’s Murder Seeks N50M Damages by ngmart(m): 1:20pm On Nov 07, 2012
I though the guy was innocent
now requesting for money.
hummm no comment.
Re: Suspect In Cynthia’s Murder Seeks N50M Damages by AdoreKIZITO(f): 1:20pm On Nov 07, 2012
God is watching...
Re: Suspect In Cynthia’s Murder Seeks N50M Damages by Nobody: 1:22pm On Nov 07, 2012
Hungry lawyer at work.

His lawyer could be pushing him to make some money.

1 Like

Re: Suspect In Cynthia’s Murder Seeks N50M Damages by robert2051(m): 1:24pm On Nov 07, 2012
He should just prove his innocence & shut his mouth, no body is happy to be put thru this gory matter again, not to mention seeking financial derivation, "blood money"! Stupid man.

1 Like

Re: Suspect In Cynthia’s Murder Seeks N50M Damages by baysol: 1:25pm On Nov 07, 2012
afam4eva: I think the guy is innocent. If he isn't then he won;t be suing the police.

Dumb talk convince yourself first before trying to say a word.
Re: Suspect In Cynthia’s Murder Seeks N50M Damages by TalkingBird: 1:31pm On Nov 07, 2012
Jungle justice!!!! kiss

Ah Callotti, I missed our last discussion on the dead driver of the governor's wife and the role of God human affairs and his existence.
How are you today?
Re: Suspect In Cynthia’s Murder Seeks N50M Damages by tunnytox(m): 1:31pm On Nov 07, 2012
222Martins: That driver might just be a victim of circumstance, since his job is to pick people up at the airport and drop them at their desired destination.

Exactly! He may be innocent
Re: Suspect In Cynthia’s Murder Seeks N50M Damages by Shenez: 1:31pm On Nov 07, 2012
AdoreKIZITO: God is watching...
shey na man u or barca? game
Re: Suspect In Cynthia’s Murder Seeks N50M Damages by KINGwax(m): 1:32pm On Nov 07, 2012
The guy jes shot himself in the foot! Now, the police's got enough reasons to robe him in. They've gotta avoid this claim of incompetency! His foolish lawyer didn't teach him to be acquitted before slamming a law suit against your accusers
Re: Suspect In Cynthia’s Murder Seeks N50M Damages by Shenez: 1:36pm On Nov 07, 2012
I thought the case had been buried.
Driver go sleep wit cyntia she go pay you the damages

1 Like

Re: Suspect In Cynthia’s Murder Seeks N50M Damages by ruggedenigma: 1:36pm On Nov 07, 2012
baysol:

Dumb talk convince yourself first before trying to say a word.
the truth is that, nigerian police should be very sure of their investigation before making names of suspects public.. And if such disclosure of indentity is erronious, adequate compensation should be sought for..
Re: Suspect In Cynthia’s Murder Seeks N50M Damages by Nkemika(f): 1:37pm On Nov 07, 2012
222Martins: I know some people who use their car or father's car to earn some money in their spare time by going to the airport to pick travellers.

ok ohhhhhhhhh
Re: Suspect In Cynthia’s Murder Seeks N50M Damages by Nkemika(f): 1:38pm On Nov 07, 2012
packman: [size=15pt]THE GUY HIS HIGH ON DRUGS......WHAT THE Bleep THIS BLOODY NITWIT

AND EVEN THE POLICE I JUST HOPE THE INVESTIGATION WERE MADE CORRECTLY..... AND NOT OUT OF FEAR OF GENERAL

THAT GUY I PITY HIM HE SHOULD JUST KEEP QUIET AND LET THE LAW PLAY ITS CAUSE[/size]

exactly oh, someone died and he is asking for N50M damage to clear his name, isorite oh
Re: Suspect In Cynthia’s Murder Seeks N50M Damages by ruggedenigma: 1:39pm On Nov 07, 2012
idowuswap: Igbo killed igbo no case na them sabi i think they like money anima tribesssssss
u are the biggest microscopic idiot at the moment @idowu

2 Likes

Re: Suspect In Cynthia’s Murder Seeks N50M Damages by ngmart(m): 1:45pm On Nov 07, 2012
Please lets leave tribe out of this.
Re: Suspect In Cynthia’s Murder Seeks N50M Damages by ikananwa(m): 1:53pm On Nov 07, 2012
okpara ugo:

Am trying hard to understand where you are coming from.
Aluu4
Re: Suspect In Cynthia’s Murder Seeks N50M Damages by Jamisco: 1:55pm On Nov 07, 2012
afam4eva: I think the guy is innocent. If he isn't then he won;t be suing the police.

is only that the igbos like money too much, he should just pray to be set free if he is innocent
Re: Suspect In Cynthia’s Murder Seeks N50M Damages by Nobody: 1:56pm On Nov 07, 2012
50million naira? Driver wan hammer! He should better go and sit down.nonsense!
Re: Suspect In Cynthia’s Murder Seeks N50M Damages by XFive: 2:00pm On Nov 07, 2012
idowuswap: Igbo killed igbo no case na them sabi i think they like money anima tribesssssss
U r an illiterate of the highest order, your parents will be banging their head now and asking why and where they got a baboon like u
Re: Suspect In Cynthia’s Murder Seeks N50M Damages by Nuzo1(m): 2:00pm On Nov 07, 2012
Hypocritical Nigerians! angry
This could have been any other cab man we use every other day.

An average Nigerian has at least two private cabmen they holla at anytime they are unable to use their cars. They use these cabmen to pick their kids from school, market, office etc.
Most times these cab men don't even know their client's businesses on these trips.
If after a thorough investigation and the primary suspects exonerates him, then his only offence should be not being registered as a cab man.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Reps To Investigate Alleged Illicit Trade In Human Organs Between Nigeria, China / Gunmen Kidnap 84-yr-Old Ex-biafran Soldier, Wife / Court Remands Ekiti Man For Stealing Cooked Rice, Phones

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.