Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,515 members, 7,830,528 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:42 AM

Akpabio And Amaechi Controversial New Jets - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akpabio And Amaechi Controversial New Jets (8139 Views)

Police Prevents Wike And Amaechi From Entering Mile One Police Station (Pics) / Atiku Abubakar Held Meeting With Segun Agbaje,akpabio And Others (photos) / Patience Jonathan And Amaechi Pictured Together (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Akpabio And Amaechi Controversial New Jets by ayinisong: 12:22pm On Nov 07, 2012
Pritheeann: pls stop wad u dnt know..if u had d chance 2be on dat seat,.wad wud u av done

Simple! I will not attack, kidnap and kill my political opponents just to be governor for eight years ONLY with blood on my hands FOREVER. chikena grin tongue I'm more civilised than your barrister sorry chief akpabio
Re: Akpabio And Amaechi Controversial New Jets by mbulela: 12:48pm On Nov 07, 2012
Amaechi is buying jet while roads are being fixed with cement in port harcourt city by the ministry of works (go to the beginning of Agudama street in D/Line and see for yourself).
He is buying jets while the free medical program has almost collapsed.
He sees Woji road in the state that it is and still has the guts to buy a jet and come shine his big eye balls on tv? Dude has guts and i think the sycophants and gullible public are egging him on.
Re: Akpabio And Amaechi Controversial New Jets by tijayjay: 1:20pm On Nov 07, 2012
@VICLOV, clap for urself, the condition of plane use in Nigerian are not the same with those used in Europe, so you are the one that manufactured the one use in Nigeria abi, infact you are a big MUMU.
Re: Akpabio And Amaechi Controversial New Jets by SEGAD: 1:24pm On Nov 07, 2012
Viclov: ayinisong ur a veri big liar, Akpabio is not d worst Governor Akwa Ibom state has ever seen, u can't just start vomiting rubbish about AKPABIO, he has tried to an extent compared to other current Governors nd the past Governor of AKS, Victor Attah, nd u can't expect him to suit ur taste 100%... As for the examples u've hilighted i.e british prime minister, king of Norway, using commercial planes, u forgot that the condition of our planes used in Nigeria commercially z nt the same with that of the europeans, so u can't expect the Governors we have in Nigeria to use same, or u pretend to forget the crash that took the Governor of kwara state to Germany, If there is the money, any Governor, president, individual can buy for sake of seafty but it should not be as a private matter, bt it should be for the Governor of the state, even if he steps down, the next governor would inherit it.... nd the Nigerian avaition sector should try to sanitize the aviation sector

You need serious brain check-up.
Re: Akpabio And Amaechi Controversial New Jets by misterh(m): 1:30pm On Nov 07, 2012
Viclov: ayinisong ur a veri big liar, Akpabio is not d worst Governor Akwa Ibom state has ever seen, u can't just start vomiting rubbish about AKPABIO, he has tried to an extent compared to other current Governors nd the past Governor of AKS, Victor Attah, nd u can't expect him to suit ur taste 100%... As for the examples u've hilighted i.e british prime minister, king of Norway, using commercial planes, u forgot that the condition of our planes used in Nigeria commercially z nt the same with that of the europeans, so u can't expect the Governors we have in Nigeria to use same, or u pretend to forget the crash that took the Governor of kwara state to Germany, If there is the money, any Governor, president, individual can buy for sake of seafty but it should not be as a private matter, bt it should be for the Governor of the state, even if he steps down, the next governor would inherit it.... nd the Nigerian avaition sector should try to sanitize the aviation sector
That's where you missed the point. If the elites keep buying private jets, how will the aviation industry develop? When the op mentioned the king of Norway & Cameron using commercial airlines, it implies that the govs have no moral justification to purchase those birds- these are countries that are better than Nig. Seems u are benefitting personally from the govt.
Re: Akpabio And Amaechi Controversial New Jets by misterh(m): 1:32pm On Nov 07, 2012
pendusky: I bet you, if given the opportunity to rule your local govt you wld even buy a costlier jet...free us joor...
smh for a mindset like this!
Re: Akpabio And Amaechi Controversial New Jets by ayinisong: 1:46pm On Nov 07, 2012

You see yourself tongue, where intellegent dey no just near, almost everyone is quoting you comment grin, you have ended showing your SHALLOW MINDEDNESS cry cry on issues of leadership and governance and NOT rulership and misgovernance as we have. It is people like you that these corrupt leaders will rule and you will clap for them, because they will steal 100 million and dash you 50,000 rather than provide job opportunities for you . Someone here said it is not the duty of the govrnment to provide jobs, that is what they want you to believe so that you don't ask them for jobs. Did you follow the US elections? The candidates were talking about job creation.

Akpabio said in his election campaigns that he is going to provide jobs for youths by building 31 industries in the state remember? Now he is not talking about that anymore now he has aquired himself a jet and you are here saying rubbish. The monies accruing to these states can change these states to look like some developed countries in terms of infrastructure. Has Akpabio paid October salary? Just asking

1 Like

Re: Akpabio And Amaechi Controversial New Jets by ayinisong: 1:47pm On Nov 07, 2012

VICLOV WHERE ARE YOU NOW, ABI YOU DON HIDE? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Akpabio And Amaechi Controversial New Jets by tebill(m): 2:07pm On Nov 07, 2012
Does the plane belong to Akpabio? Is it parked in his backyard.
Re: Akpabio And Amaechi Controversial New Jets by rozayx5(m): 2:40pm On Nov 07, 2012
ayinisong:

On the surface one might think you are intelligent but no. Did I say grant or loan? Guy use your dictionary, grant and loan no be the same thing. If government can give me a loan of 5million I will create 40 direct jobs and 100 indirect in 3 months. I get busines idea brekete.... You people always think that these leaders are better than you are of course for your type because for me I will do 1000 times more than Akpabio is doing. I have a track record, I won't wake up one day and rig myself into power like he did but you will cast that vote for me grin a vote for change

Imagine, so as at now what do you have on ground, am based in Eket invite me to see some grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
5 million = 40 chicks
100 indirect flings grin grin grin grin
if you hold 5M today dubai is the next destination, 5M cant even start a reasonable decent pure water factory with 10 Staff shocked
You can never value money you dont work for, i advise you use your own sweat to do business, you once told me your a biz man( cause you asked me what i know about business) , so 5M NGN should not be an issue to you. by now you should have created more than a 1000 jobs , had your own company, and been able to talk to the Governor face to face, till then all your posts here are just noise grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Akpabio And Amaechi Controversial New Jets by rozayx5(m): 2:44pm On Nov 07, 2012
mbulela: Amaechi is buying jet while roads are being fixed with cement in port harcourt city by the ministry of works (go to the beginning of Agudama street in D/Line and see for yourself).
He is buying jets while the free medical program has almost collapsed.
He sees Woji road in the state that it is and still has the guts to buy a jet and come shine his big eye balls on tv? Dude has guts and i think the sycophants and gullible public are egging him on.

So what have you done about it
Re: Akpabio And Amaechi Controversial New Jets by groovy400: 3:29pm On Nov 07, 2012

I need to address a misconception or ignorance u displayed.

The common man isn't saddled with the responsibility of making policies which should help sanitize and revamp the nation's aviation industry. We voted a bunch of guys into power to do that under a social contract. But unfortunately they ve been busy acquiring and flying expensive kites at our expense cos its safer! So what is the fate of the common man who isn't priviledged to ve access to our commonwealth and common purse?

Pls don't lean on the false impression that the country is buoyant! The country is not! Take a walk down your street and see the decay being experienced by all social infrastructure. Acquiring expensive toys shldnt be the priority of any right thinking Governor or President.
Re: Akpabio And Amaechi Controversial New Jets by mrPero(m): 3:34pm On Nov 07, 2012
@poster..... M not sure u r a true son of akwa ibom.... U dare open tat ur smellin trap n talk to akpabio. God will judge u n ur generation yet unborn.... Akpabio ranks amongst de best governors nigeria has ever produced.. Wen last did u visit akwaibomstate. Akpabio has transformed de state from a transit state to a destination.... Do u kno de number of guest we host in the state every year ? Do u kno de number of direct n indirect jobs his transformations has created in the state.. U can say all u lik on social media's but u dare not try dis at home cos u will be a looked at as a mad dog wic u r.,. here r som pics incase u av not been der b4... If u need more, visit de state n pls pls pls in the name of God don't eva mention his name negatively again....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Akpabio And Amaechi Controversial New Jets by Pennywise(m): 3:38pm On Nov 07, 2012
Is there no one at all to call these 'govs' to order? How can they and the house of assemblies justify the purchase and maintenance of jets at tax payers expense in the midst of penury, hunger and mass hopelessness?
Re: Akpabio And Amaechi Controversial New Jets by Curiouscity(m): 4:01pm On Nov 07, 2012
ayinisong:

Okay, please answer the following questions: why do we have ethnic politics in the state today, tribalism in government, corruption, cultism, kidnapping on the increase specially targeted towards the political class. Why did he want to kidnapped Udoedehe's wife, (ACN Candidate's wife in 2011 election), Where is Iniekong Udonwa today,(PDP govenorship aspirant), why was his mother kidnapped and killed just because his son wanted to run for governorship, why was Sam Ewang's wife (ANPP candidate's wife) kidnapped and abused. Why did he order boys to attack Udoedehe and his campaign team in Ikot Ekpene, Ini and Ikono? Where is Paul Inyang, Ekpenyong brothers, chief ononokpono, charles umanah etc? Just funny how some of you don't reason.

Da Owo, while I agree with U that our governors don't need private jets, they should rather make the aviation industry upto standard, these allegations U just posted here are unfounded. True, they all happened in Akpabio's regime, but not necessarily caused by him. We all owe our great state a duty.
What did Akpabio do wrong when he was stoned with pure-water in Uyo township stadium 2weeks after his swearing-in in 2007?
The hatred for this man started right after his election in 2007.
The insecurity in the state didn't start with him, I blame all the political class including the opposition. Are the boys Udoedehe used to win election for Akpabio in 2007 dead? Most of them are still loyal to Udoedehe. So 2 of them who were once close friends should be blamed, not one person. Afterall, the opposition can do anything to attract sympathy.

IMO, private jet is unnecessary and wasteful. But your accusations quoted stems out of hatred.
Lets be objective in our criticism if we must grow as a state.
Re: Akpabio And Amaechi Controversial New Jets by ayinisong: 4:22pm On Nov 07, 2012
mr Pero: @poster..... M not sure u r a true son of akwa ibom.... U dare open tat ur smellin trap n talk to akpabio. God will judge u n ur generation yet unborn.... Akpabio ranks amongst de best governors nigeria has ever produced.. Wen last did u visit akwaibomstate. [b]Akpabio has transformed de state from a transit state to a destination.... Do u kno de number of guest we host in the state every year ? Do u kno de number of direct n indirect jobs his transformations has created in the state.. [/b]U can say all u lik on social media's but u dare not try dis at home cos u will be a looked at as a mad dog wic u r.,. here r som pics incase u av not been der b4... If u need more, visit de state n pls pls pls in the name of God don't eva mention his name negatively again....

Another misguided fellow... for your information, I am the son the soil. To the bolded. If Akpabio has really transformed the state as you have said, how many companies have come into the state? Have many factories have opened branches in the state? What is the unemployment rate in the state like, is it reducing or increasing, what new jobs has been created by the government in the last six years?

You said Akwa Ibom host guest every year, of course with our common wealth, all the senators, former heads of states,, house of rep. members will always come because that is where money is in Nigeria or you don't know we receive the highest allocation in the country. Transformation according to you is building of roads, what a pity. So the next governor won't build roads.
Re: Akpabio And Amaechi Controversial New Jets by ypzilanti: 4:23pm On Nov 07, 2012
Poor country, poor citizens, and yet the elected officials want to live like kings.

One day, the revolution will start. They should go and read history. It usually comes as a shock, and no one knows what the trigger will be.

What I know for certain is that the present system is not sustainable and will implode sooner than later. Cost of living is going up, incomes are not increasing, and an army of educated (or half educated, which is even worse) youth is being added into the unemployment market every quarter.

Wise people will know for certain that despite the factors that make it hard for Nigerians to unite and fight (e.g. Tribalism), the reality of our predicament will soon implode this system.

What is the solution? To remove these bloodsucking PDP government in the next election. The opposition parties are made up of crooks too, but a semblance of change may pacify and energize government and the people. If we do not do this, one day the revolution will start, and then the military will march in to 'restore order' and then it will be de ja vu, all over again. The same cycle that leads to nowhere.
Re: Akpabio And Amaechi Controversial New Jets by ayinisong: 4:30pm On Nov 07, 2012
Curious_city:

Da Owo, while I agree with U that our governors don't need private jets, they should rather make the aviation industry upto standard, these allegations U just posted here are unfounded. True, they all happened in Akpabio's regime, but not necessarily caused by him. We all owe our great state a duty.
What did Akpabio do wrong when he was stoned with pure-water in Uyo township stadium 2weeks after his swearing-in in 2007?
The hatred for this man started right after his election in 2007.
The insecurity in the state didn't start with him, I blame all the political class including the opposition. Are the boys Udoedehe used to win election for Akpabio in 2007 dead? Most of them are still loyal to Udoedehe. So 2 of them who were once close friends should be blamed, not one person. Afterall, the opposition can do anything to attract sympathy.

IMO, private jet is unnecessary and wasteful. But your accusations quoted stems out of hatred.
Lets be objective in our criticism if we must grow as a state.

Is not hatred for your information. Let the truth be told. They are questions to be answered as far as the history of the state is concerned. I know many people here think I have something personal against him. Capital No. I dislike injustice and corruption. Same goes to all the corrupt governors we hav in the country.
Re: Akpabio And Amaechi Controversial New Jets by ayinisong: 4:40pm On Nov 07, 2012
I have gotten a PM already. Why you dey fear na. Post your message here I no wan waste my time read am. Abi na threat? Make everybody see am here tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Akpabio And Amaechi Controversial New Jets by damoobaba: 4:42pm On Nov 07, 2012
OMG,can't believe a human being íڪ typing this.Our govt has used poverty and bad governance to decimate the psyche of the average Nigerian to the extent that we not only swallow bad governance but also feel anything our so called leaders do shouldn't be questioned but hailed.Oga Ade get this into ùя empty skull,everything about Democracy íڪ about "The People".
Re: Akpabio And Amaechi Controversial New Jets by damoobaba: 4:54pm On Nov 07, 2012
Re: Akpabio And Amaechi Controversial New Jets by Curiouscity(m): 5:54pm On Nov 07, 2012
ayinisong:

Is not hatred for your information. Let the truth be told. They are questions to be answered as far as the history of the state is concerned. I know many people here think I have something personal against him. Capital No. I dislike injustice and corruption. Same goes to all the corrupt governors we hav in the country.

What are those questions concerning the history of the state?

I don't like any Nigerian politician including former friends who saw politics as a profession. But,
most at times we analyze cases with shades of glasses that fit our motives. I know U understand what I
mean. We need to be objective!! Two people are fighting for power and all we do is blame one person.

U may have your reasons, but are those reasons to help us grow? Or to further divide us as a people?
We all blame the present governor, but I blame all the state executive and the state legislatures who
are from our villages, towns and LGA's. All they do is amass wealth to themselves while closing eyes
to what the man at helm of affairs is doing.
In terms of infrastructural development, I blame the governor and his executive in the areas he has not done.
But, in terms of security of lives and properties, I blame him and his former friend(now turned opposition).
My girlfriend lived Udoedehe's BQ in 2007(as a corper), I knew what went on in 2007 election. 2 of
them know each other well. So, they should bury their differences and give us peace!!

Can U please raise those questions concerning the history of the State?
Re: Akpabio And Amaechi Controversial New Jets by Nobody: 3:00am On Nov 08, 2012

when d citizenry is ppld by empty minds lyk ds...y won't d governors act as if they own d world?
Re: Akpabio And Amaechi Controversial New Jets by jatbrown770(m): 1:25pm On Nov 08, 2012
[color=#550000][/color][font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font][b][/b]Nw dat we re talking of d governors buying jet wat of the so call pastors of nw adays, using style to extract money 4rm individual. Pls d goverment alone its dir tym.
Re: Akpabio And Amaechi Controversial New Jets by ocelot2006(m): 1:47pm On Nov 09, 2012
ayinisong: I remember last week I was here lamblasting the governors of Akwa Ibom and Rivers state, and some people thought I did that because I am not from the same tribe with the governor or that they deserve to buy the jets as in the case of Akpabio, him done 'work'. I was ashamed at the way some of us reason. The monies for the jets would have fixed a lot of things. Standard hospitals, schools, industries, roads in the rural areas etc We always cry about the poverty in the Niger Delta region but funny enough it is our leaders and their wickedness that put us in this state. Even if the federal government gives 50% resource control to Niger Delta it will not change anything because it will go into the hands of these corrupt men. Akpabio is the worst governor Akwa Ibom has ever produced. His government is the most corrupt in the the history of the state. tongue

Our profligate governors have only succeeded in exposing their poor governance performance to the outside world. A former United States Ambassador to Nigeria, John Campbell, wondered why Amaechi and others were obsessed with private jets when the King of Norway and the prime minister fly commercial airlines when they travel. Even Britain’s Prime Minister does not have official jets. He flies in chartered aircraft, sometimes privately chartered, but often he flies British Airways.

The Prime Minister, David Cameron, has sometimes, travelled in commercial airlines. It saves taxpayers at least $300,000 each time Cameron takes a commercial flight. Incidentally, while Norway, which produces about the same amount of crude oil as Nigeria, is among the richest countries in the world with one of the highest standards of living, Nigeria is among the poorest.

In Africa, Malawi’s President, Joyce Banda, earlier in the year, announced that she would sell her country’s sole Presidential jet and a fleet of 60 Mercedes Benz limousines. She said she would henceforth use private airlines instead. In the past, Nigeria has produced some selfless leaders who had the interest of the country at heart. Such leaders as Murtala Mohammed, Aminu Kano, Tafawa Balewa and Michael Adekunle Ajasin, never engaged in lavish lifestyles at the expense of the citizens. These are leaders our wasteful governors should emulate. Our land is again hungry for them.

http://www.punchng.com/editorial/amaechi-and-akpabios-controversial-new-jets/

Hold it right there. Neither Akpabio nor Akwa Ibom state govt own any private jet. Not even a turboprop. I know the governor himself charters one while most state officials fly with either Dana or Arik air.
Re: Akpabio And Amaechi Controversial New Jets by ocelot2006(m): 1:59pm On Nov 09, 2012
ayinisong:

Okay, please answer the following questions: why do we have ethnic politics in the state today, tribalism in government, corruption, cultism, kidnapping on the increase specially targeted towards the political class. Why did he want to kidnapped Udoedehe's wife, (ACN Candidate's wife in 2011 election), Where is Iniekong Udonwa today,(PDP govenorship aspirant), why was his mother kidnapped and killed just because his son wanted to run for governorship, why was Sam Ewang's wife (ANPP candidate's wife) kidnapped and abused. Why did he order boys to attack Udoedehe and his campaign team in Ikot Ekpene, Ini and Ikono? Where is Paul Inyang, Ekpenyong brothers, chief ononokpono, charles umanah etc? Just funny how some of you don't reason.

My friend shut the hell up!! Why will Akwa Ibom's best governor (to date) engage in kidnapping? What did he stand to gain from kidnapping the wife of that thief Udoedehe and Enang? Is it not the same Udoedehe whose running mate was arrested by the SSS for sponsoring kidnappers? Is it not the same thief Udoedehe who sponsored ACN thugs that maimed and killed innocent civilians and destroyed govt property in Uyo prior to the last state elections?

I know you're one of those useless Ibibio fools that will never see anything good in Akpabio, regardless of the fact that the feats of that proud Annang man outshines that of Attah who spent 8 damn years "planning". Nonsense.
Re: Akpabio And Amaechi Controversial New Jets by victorD3: 4:00pm On Nov 09, 2012
afam4eva: I don't know about Akpabio being the worse governor in Akwa Ibom's history but i don't see the sense in these governors buying private jets when the citizens live in squalor.

Akpabio is the worst governor take it or leave it.
Re: Akpabio And Amaechi Controversial New Jets by Ecash1: 12:18am On Nov 29, 2012
The Prime Minister, David Cameron, has sometimes, travelled in commercial airlines. It saves taxpayers at least $300,000 each time Cameron takes a commercial flight. Incidentally, while Norway, which produces about the same amount of crude oil as Nigeria, is among the richest countries in the world with one of the highest standards of living, Nigeria is among the poorest

The statement above is absolutely true, but the problem did not reside in this leaders alone but the system, I well remember how a member of the UK house of common, was asked to pay back some money, for some extravagant spending.
Re: Akpabio And Amaechi Controversial New Jets by frankson1(m): 4:46pm On Apr 28, 2015
Viclov:
ayinisong ur a veri big liar, Akpabio is not d worst Governor Akwa Ibom state has ever seen, u can't just start vomiting rubbish about AKPABIO, he has tried to an extent compared to other current Governors nd the past Governor of AKS, Victor Attah, nd u can't expect him to suit ur taste 100%... As for the examples u've hilighted i.e british prime minister, king of Norway, using commercial planes, u forgot that the condition of our planes used in Nigeria commercially z nt the same with that of the europeans, so u can't expect the Governors we have in Nigeria to use same, or u pretend to forget the crash that took the Governor of kwara state to Germany, If there is the money, any Governor, president, individual can buy for sake of seafty but it should not be as a private matter, bt it should be for the Governor of the state, even if he steps down, the next governor would inherit it.... nd the Nigerian avaition sector should try to sanitize the aviation sector

I thought I used to hear about the Nigerian AirWays when I was much younger, so what happened to it?
Yes, Akpabio has tried in the areas of road construction but comparing him with Attah is out of the equation. The money Akpabio is spending today is the fight of Attah. Infact, he killed his political for it. So what am trying to say is that there was not much money coming into the state as allocation compare to the billions now.
Again, I agree with you that governors should have a state owned jet. Also, ministers,commissioners and the rest of them should fly commercial air lines.
Re: Akpabio And Amaechi Controversial New Jets by frankson1(m): 6:05pm On Apr 28, 2015
mrPero:
@poster..... M not sure u r a true son of akwa ibom.... U dare open tat ur smellin trap n talk to akpabio. God will judge u n ur generation yet unborn.... Akpabio ranks amongst de best governors nigeria has ever produced.. Wen last did u visit akwaibomstate. Akpabio has transformed de state from a transit state to a destination.... Do u kno de number of guest we host in the state every year ? Do u kno de number of direct n indirect jobs his transformations has created in the state.. U can say all u lik on social media's but u dare not try dis at home cos u will be a looked at as a mad dog wic u r.,. here r som pics incase u av not been der b4... If u need more, visit de state n pls pls pls in the name of God don't eva mention his name negatively again....

Do you know the amount that your guest go with every year?. Do you know the amount that co dom.mes into the state treasury every month?. Do you know the cost of a kilometre of road?. He's done well no doubt but don't sound as if the money is not there.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Power Shortfall To Hit N3trn By End Of 2016 / SDP Scribe, Gabam, Becomes Duke’s Presidential Running Mate / People Seeking To Be Permanent Secretaries In Ebonyi Can’t Recite Anthem

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 120
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.