Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,835 members, 7,828,052 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:51 PM

The Hypocrisy That Exuded From Black Voters In The Elections Concerning Obama - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / The Hypocrisy That Exuded From Black Voters In The Elections Concerning Obama (1956 Views)

Picture Of The Day! Arab Muslim refugee hypocrisy / See What South Africans Had To Say Concerning Xenophobia / Scotland Scottish Referendum: Voters To Reject Independence - BBC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Hypocrisy That Exuded From Black Voters In The Elections Concerning Obama by Nobody: 1:52pm On Nov 07, 2012
Obama got re-elected and I am happy about that not because I am black but because I believe that he is the lesser of two evils when compared with Mitt Romney and his non-existent plans for driving the economy forward through the recession. However, I want to discuss the hypocrisy that came from black voters on both parties when making their decision to vote for their candidates.

The hypocrisy on the African-American Romney Voters
The claim from this camp is that Mitt Romney will bring back the traditional or christian American values. They have problems with Obama's support of gay marriage and Obama's liberal/progressive views on certain social issues such as abortion and climate change. It is clear that many of these African-Americans are religious conservatives or at the very least conservative in their principles.

The problem here lies with the fact that traditional/christian American values are very negative to the black man. People like to forget that America was founded on racism. America was very christian when slavery was practiced before the 19th century. Some of the presidents and the founding fathers were slave owners. We could also go back to the very beginning of America with the discriminatory treatment of the native Indians at the hand of the colonialists. The fact remains that majority of the mainstream churches were in support of slavery and many engaged in segregation. Such segregation is still reflected in the church attendance today as 90 percent of African-Americans worship in all-black churches while the same percentage of whites worship in all-white churches.
http://racerelations.about.com/od/diversitymatters/a/RacialSegregationinChurch.htm

There is also the hypocrisy on gay marriage issues. First of all, black people of all people should not be in favor of voting against a minority's rights. Yes, one might not agree with the gay lifestyle but why should one use religion to force traditional family values on others? Why?
There is also an economic argument that blacks are the most hit in this recession economy with unemployment and poverty. Gay marriage will contribute a little to the economy with because gay marriage acceptance means more marriages and more money spent in the economy on marriages. More money spent on wedding planners, bridal dresses and also more money spent on divorce.

The hypocrisy of Obama voters
This also comes from the religious voters who arent happy with Obama's liberal Christianity and support of gay marriage, yet they still vote for him. There is a good side a hypocrite side to this. The good side which I dont have a problem with is the fact that there are people who also addd the economic factor to justify their vote. They might not agree on the social issues but they accept the economic side of the issue with the fact that Obama is guiding the country out of the recession with continuous (albeit slow) growth in jobs over the past months and the contribution of "Obamacare".

The hypocrite side of this is the people who solely judge on the social issues (gay marriage and abortion) which they dont agree on with Obama but still vote for him. These are the "my president is black" voters who vote solely on race. These are the kind of black people that Fox news can use to label and bash blacks while they (Fox News) claims to be fair and balanced and not racist.

In summary, the problem lies with those who vote on only the social issues and/or traditional American values while ignoring the economic side of politics. You will always run into a contradiction of principles when ignoring the full picture of the elections and going on to vote. We must always take in the economic, social and practical factors into consideration when voting. I think the better man for the presidency won despite these hypocrisies. However, a time might come when such hypocritical thinking and voting will lead Americans to voting for the wrong person for America if people are not careful.

NB; I am not an American but I am still a black man who wishes for blacks (and all other races) to correctly enjoy and exercise their right to vote. The American elections affects the whole world (but maybe not the price of garri grin).
Re: The Hypocrisy That Exuded From Black Voters In The Elections Concerning Obama by Nobody: 2:33pm On Nov 07, 2012
smiley
Re: The Hypocrisy That Exuded From Black Voters In The Elections Concerning Obama by Nobody: 2:45pm On Nov 07, 2012
Yup,gud observation.i agree.
Re: The Hypocrisy That Exuded From Black Voters In The Elections Concerning Obama by Nobody: 2:47pm On Nov 07, 2012
Beretta92: Yup,gud observation.i agree.

Cheers wink
Re: The Hypocrisy That Exuded From Black Voters In The Elections Concerning Obama by oshosjf(m): 2:50pm On Nov 07, 2012
Mthceeew, watin concern bicycle for feeling station? How has Obama's election affected Boko Haram and Gov Suntai's health?
Re: The Hypocrisy That Exuded From Black Voters In The Elections Concerning Obama by Nobody: 2:51pm On Nov 07, 2012
oshos j.f:
Mthceeew, watin concern bicycle for feeling station? How has Obama's election affected Boko Haram and Gov Suntai's health?

Well, many Nigerians either live in the USA or have family in the USA or both.

With all due respect, are you a local champion?
Re: The Hypocrisy That Exuded From Black Voters In The Elections Concerning Obama by thelastPope(m): 3:51pm On Nov 07, 2012
If Americans had voted based on the economy, Obama would have lost by more than a 10 point margin. The election was heavily polarized and showed America's future is going to be turbulent.

The blacks in fighting racism have actually become the new racists

1 Like

Re: The Hypocrisy That Exuded From Black Voters In The Elections Concerning Obama by Nobody: 3:53pm On Nov 07, 2012
I didn tknow what this was a skin color election.
Re: The Hypocrisy That Exuded From Black Voters In The Elections Concerning Obama by Nobody: 3:59pm On Nov 07, 2012
thelastPope: If Americans had voted based on the economy, Obama would have lost by more than a 10 point margin. The election was heavily polarized and showed America's future is going to be turbulent.

The blacks in fighting racism have actually become the new racists

A comment full of nonsense.

Obama was given an economy ravaged by two wars and a recession. Obama made some improvements and some failures. No president could cure such economy in 4 years. Mitt Romney had a chance to win by criticizing Obama and putting forward a better plan for economic growth. Mitt Romney only criticized Obama while not putting any sound fiscal or economic plan down to move the country forward. No one elects a critic.

What do you mean by the blacks have become racists? There are racist blacks but dont think that there are not educated blacks that made their decisions on sound economic principles.
Re: The Hypocrisy That Exuded From Black Voters In The Elections Concerning Obama by Nobody: 3:59pm On Nov 07, 2012
*Ileke-IdI:
I didn tknow what this was a skin color election.

Race played a part.

However, it was not all about race. wink
Re: The Hypocrisy That Exuded From Black Voters In The Elections Concerning Obama by Nobody: 4:47pm On Nov 07, 2012
Another hypocrisy;

Nigerian immigrants, some of which are still struggling to complete their papers are complaining about hispanic immigrants and the democrats policy of Amnesty!
Re: The Hypocrisy That Exuded From Black Voters In The Elections Concerning Obama by redsun(m): 6:28pm On Nov 07, 2012
IT is really about race,but about consciousness,about truth and about justice.

Obama is what the people need for grounds to level,black or white notwithstanding.Those that can ride rides freely.
Re: The Hypocrisy That Exuded From Black Voters In The Elections Concerning Obama by Kobojunkie: 6:38pm On Nov 07, 2012
oshos j.f:

If you are an American(even if born a Nigerian), or lived in America like many on this site, it would concern you.
Re: The Hypocrisy That Exuded From Black Voters In The Elections Concerning Obama by Nobody: 6:40pm On Nov 07, 2012
redsun: IT is really about race,but about consciousness,about truth and about justice.

Obama is what the people need for grounds to level,black or white notwithstanding.Those that can ride rides freely.

wink

plus 1
Re: The Hypocrisy That Exuded From Black Voters In The Elections Concerning Obama by Nobody: 5:00am On Nov 08, 2012
Luckily I fall into neither category. I get sense cool

Lol seriously though. My own is the stimulus package, the affordable care act, and his stance on education reform. Those affected me most.

I don't live in the city so traffic to get to school was hellish before the stimulus package. The stimulus plan was signed in 2009. Construction began within months on the old two-lane highway. A third lane has been added, and mind you, traffic has improved.

As for Obamacare, I was uninsured under the old health care plan. His plan extended the age limit of children staying under their parents' health insurance to 26. I have health insurance again because of him. Words can't describe how grateful people in similar shoes.

The economy isn't great now, but it is better, contrary to what Romney and company refuse to acknowledge. Recovery is slow, but the president delivered.
Re: The Hypocrisy That Exuded From Black Voters In The Elections Concerning Obama by dBard: 6:48am On Nov 08, 2012
Logicboy03:

Race played a part.

However, it was not all about race. wink

Race still played a major part,tho not as much as d first. pretending otherwise is simply delusional. cool
Re: The Hypocrisy That Exuded From Black Voters In The Elections Concerning Obama by ektbear: 7:12am On Nov 08, 2012
meh
Re: The Hypocrisy That Exuded From Black Voters In The Elections Concerning Obama by Nobody: 10:19am On Nov 08, 2012
dBard:

Race still played a major part,tho not as much as d first. pretending otherwise is simply delusional. cool

Agreed
Re: The Hypocrisy That Exuded From Black Voters In The Elections Concerning Obama by Nobody: 10:20am On Nov 08, 2012
ekt_bear: meh

Seriously?

Wouldnt it have made more sense if you just kept quiet?
Re: The Hypocrisy That Exuded From Black Voters In The Elections Concerning Obama by armyofone(m): 2:50pm On Nov 08, 2012
My vote wasn't based on social issues. Not my business who you love or your religion etc, it's all about YOU personally.

I voted based on the Economy and the education thing he did kiss... grin and I prefer the president continuing-Romney becoming the president might have him trying to do U-turn to many things already in place.

Thank God my long hours of standing wasn't in vain.

God bless America,
God bless the president
God bless our troops.

SemperFI
Re: The Hypocrisy That Exuded From Black Voters In The Elections Concerning Obama by Nobody: 2:54pm On Nov 08, 2012
armyofone: My vote wasn't based on social issues. Not my business who you love or your religion etc, it's all about YOU personally.

I voted based on the Economy and the education thing he did kiss... grin and I prefer the president continuing-Romney becoming the president might have him trying to do U-turn to many things already in place.

Thank God my long hours of standing wasn't in vain.

God bless America,
God bless the president
God bless our troops.

SemperFI

Wise choice, men.

I agree with your statement about the economy and education.

However, are you/were you in the army?
Re: The Hypocrisy That Exuded From Black Voters In The Elections Concerning Obama by Sagamite(m): 4:00pm On Nov 09, 2012
Logicboy03:

Seriously?

Wouldnt it have made more sense if you just kept quiet?

That is what they call "Saved by the Bell".

It was a pleasure intellectually slaughtering you. grin

I will look out for the next opportunity to do so. cool
Re: The Hypocrisy That Exuded From Black Voters In The Elections Concerning Obama by Sagamite(m): 4:03pm On Nov 09, 2012
Logicboy03:
The hypocrisy on the African-American Romney Voters
The claim from this camp is that Mitt Romney will bring back the traditional or christian American values. They have problems with Obama's support of gay marriage and Obama's liberal/progressive views on certain social issues such as abortion and climate change. It is clear that many of these African-Americans are religious conservatives or at the very least conservative in their principles.

Huh! grin grin grin grin

So you see liberal and progressive as the same thing and conservative as the opposite?
Re: The Hypocrisy That Exuded From Black Voters In The Elections Concerning Obama by Nobody: 4:03pm On Nov 09, 2012
Sagamite:

That is what they call "Saved by the Bell".

It was a pleasure intellectually slaughtering you. grin

I will look out for the next opportunity to do so. cool

Whatever our argument is, could you stop using abusive words? hmmm?
Re: The Hypocrisy That Exuded From Black Voters In The Elections Concerning Obama by Sagamite(m): 4:07pm On Nov 09, 2012
Logicboy03:

Whatever our argument is, could you stop using abusive words? hmmm?

1) Answer questions that challenge your claims.

2) Accept when your argument is killed instead of claiming senseless, unwarranted, chimeral victories or refusing to answer any further questions.

3) Be polite to your superiors except you can prove they are not, it is good chance to learn; grab it.

4) Don't attempt strawmans to deviate from a stewpid point you made that has been highlighted.

5) Don't try and twist arguments when you see you are stuck.

6) Don't use conjectures or make up figures.

7) Apply common sense to your deductions.

8.) And MOST IMPORTANTLY, defend your arguments with logic and sense.

Then I would not have any need to insult you.

I insult people that can't do all that and then claim to be intelligent or logical.

1 Like

Re: The Hypocrisy That Exuded From Black Voters In The Elections Concerning Obama by Nobody: 4:14pm On Nov 09, 2012
Sagamite:

- Answer questions that challenge your claims.

- Accept when your argument is killed instead of claiming senseless, unwarranted, chimeral victories or refusing to answer any further questions.

- Be polite to your superiors except you can prove they are not, it is good chance to learn; grab it.

- Don't attempt strawmans to deviate from a stewpid point you made that has been highlighted.

- Don't try and twist arguments when you see you are stuck.

- Don't use conjectures or make up figures.

- Apply common sense to your deductions.

- And MOST IMPORTANTLY, defend your arguments with logic and sense.

Then I would not have any need to insult you.

I insult people that can't do all that.

Yawn, I didnt read poast the second sentence. Your claims are always exaggerated and nonsensical. You have some nerve talking about logic
Re: The Hypocrisy That Exuded From Black Voters In The Elections Concerning Obama by Sagamite(m): 4:16pm On Nov 09, 2012
Logicboy03:
Yawn, I didnt read poast the second sentence. Your claims are always exaggerated and nonsensical. You have some nerve talking about logic

I have numbered them to be able to easily reference when you err.

You just broke rule (3).

Can you see why I am quick to call you person?
Re: The Hypocrisy That Exuded From Black Voters In The Elections Concerning Obama by Nobody: 5:43pm On Nov 09, 2012
Sagamite:

I have numbered them to be able to easily reference when you err.

You just broke rule (3).

Can you see why I am quick to call you person?

Yawn.

Arrogant, douchey and nonsensical.

wise up
Re: The Hypocrisy That Exuded From Black Voters In The Elections Concerning Obama by Horus(m): 9:39pm On Nov 09, 2012
[size=15pt]Just Because He's Black (author unknown):[/size]

(Received by email today)

A WHITE MAN asked his BLACK FRIEND " Are you going to vote for Barack Obama just because he's black?" The Black man responded by saying, "Why not? Hell in this country men are pulled over everyday just because they are black; passed over for promotions just because they are black; considered to be criminals just because they are black. Thousands of white voters won't be voting for him just because he is black! However you don't seem to have a problem with any of that!

This country was built with the sweat and tears of black slaves; and now a black man has a chance to lead the same country, where we weren't even considered people, where we weren't allowed to be educated, drink from the same fountains, eat in the same Restaurants, or even vote.

So yes I am going to vote for him! But it's not just because he's black, but because through his leadership several of Americas most elusive enemies were brought to justice; our economy, health and environment improved; and our good reputation around the world has been RESTORED! He is HOPE! He is CHANGE! He is WISE! He is a man of INTEGRITY and INTELLIGENCE! He is a man of FAITH and PERSEVERANCE! A man of MATURITY and GOOD JUDGEMENT! He is a FAITHFUL HUSBAND and FATHER! And he now allows me to understand when my grandchildren say they want to be President when they grow up, it is not a fairy tale but a short term goal! They now SEE, UNDERSTAND, and KNOW that THEY CAN ACHIEVE, WITHSTAND, and DO ANYTHING that THEY Can DREAM for Themselves!! So No, I am Not Voting for Him because He is Black...I Am Voting For Him Because I AM BLACK!!!!

2 Likes

Re: The Hypocrisy That Exuded From Black Voters In The Elections Concerning Obama by Nobody: 10:03pm On Nov 09, 2012
Horus: [size=15pt]Just Because He's Black (author unknown):[/size]

(Received by email today)

A WHITE MAN asked his BLACK FRIEND " Are you going to vote for Barack Obama just because he's black?" The Black man responded by saying, "Why not? Hell in this country men are pulled over everyday just because they are black; passed over for promotions just because they are black; considered to be criminals just because they are black. Thousands of white voters won't be voting for him just because he is black! However you don't seem to have a problem with any of that!

This country was built with the sweat and tears of black slaves; and now a black man has a chance to lead the same country, where we weren't even considered people, where we weren't allowed to be educated, drink from the same fountains, eat in the same Restaurants, or even vote.

So yes I am going to vote for him! But it's not just because he's black, but because through his leadership several of Americas most elusive enemies were brought to justice; our economy, health and environment improved; and our good reputation around the world has been RESTORED! He is HOPE! He is CHANGE! He is WISE! He is a man of INTEGRITY and INTELLIGENCE! He is a man of FAITH and PERSEVERANCE! A man of MATURITY and GOOD JUDGEMENT! He is a FAITHFUL HUSBAND and FATHER! And he now allows me to understand when my grandchildren say they want to be President when they grow up, it is not a fairy tale but a short term goal! They now SEE, UNDERSTAND, and KNOW that THEY CAN ACHIEVE, WITHSTAND, and DO ANYTHING that THEY Can DREAM for Themselves!! So No, I am Not Voting for Him because He is Black...I Am Voting For Him Because I AM BLACK!!!!

Some deep stuff you got there! Plus 1
Re: The Hypocrisy That Exuded From Black Voters In The Elections Concerning Obama by Sagamite(m): 6:12am On Nov 10, 2012
Logicboy03:

Yawn.

Arrogant, douchey and nonsensical.

wise up

person, as your God, I think you need to show more reverence.

This is what is called "blasfemi" in Sagamu. angry cheesy
Re: The Hypocrisy That Exuded From Black Voters In The Elections Concerning Obama by Nobody: 6:14am On Nov 10, 2012
Sagamite:

person, as your God, I think you need to show more reverence.

This is what is called "blasfemi" in Sagamu. angry cheesy

Yawn. Go and gargle on your boyfriends ballz.

Your fucktardery is not needed here before you derail the thread

(1) (2) (Reply)

How British Mps Eat Tax Payers Money, This One Is Super Smart Corruption. / I Fear Who No Fear Israel / Trump’s Face, Israeli Flags Spread On Casket In Iran Rally

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.