Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,852 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:15 PM

Are You A Fish Farmer Having Problems? Share It Now For Solution - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Are You A Fish Farmer Having Problems? Share It Now For Solution (941 Views)

Am A Fish Farmer And I Need Another Biz. / Nigeria's Biggest Cat Fish Farmer Quits Business / How Much Do I Need To Start A Fish Farm (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are You A Fish Farmer Having Problems? Share It Now For Solution by innocentchuks(m): 11:19pm On Nov 07, 2012
how are u faring in ur fish farm? are u having problems with water management,feeding,stocking and handling of fingerling? share it now for free techical advise no consultant fee charge.
Re: Are You A Fish Farmer Having Problems? Share It Now For Solution by Ialwaysask: 10:12pm On Nov 08, 2012
How do fish farmers maintain clean/fresh water supply. A problem highlighted to me was that many of the fish are not healthy because they are overcrowded and they begin to eat their own excrement which in time deteriorates the health of the fish.
Re: Are You A Fish Farmer Having Problems? Share It Now For Solution by innocentchuks(m): 11:42pm On Nov 08, 2012
In fish farming the most important thing
is water, unlike every other animals fish defecate inside water
including unfinished food so there is no way to evacuate their faeces as
in poultry. as a fish farmer u need to have water/source of water. the
things that can cause bad water are
1. feeds/feeding partern if u are feeding sinking food and do not feed
by resopond but by ratio many feed will be inside the water giving rise to
pollution.
2. water; if your water is slightly hard
containing,Ca+,mg+,NH3+,NH4+,k+and N+, this also cause poor water
quality. becouse they will reduce dissolve oxygen in water,
3.stocking this can only be effective at table size. if u over stock u
need to be changing water often.
how to maintain good water?
1.feed by respond, do not pour in food and go. also make sure there is
no food remaining in water 10minutes after feeding, feed more of
floating pellets.
2.change ur water as soon as u notice any abnormality.
3. do not over sock
4.treat your water with salt.
Re: Are You A Fish Farmer Having Problems? Share It Now For Solution by toluxa1(m): 4:24pm On Nov 09, 2012
What does one do in the case where you fish are eating one another? This happens alot on my farm. This is the reason I had to sell them before full maturity. They'll eat a whole big fish entire leaving only the head. It happens mostly after we change their water.
Re: Are You A Fish Farmer Having Problems? Share It Now For Solution by innocentchuks(m): 7:59pm On Nov 09, 2012
U fail to sort them. what u will do is this, while u are changing the water separate the big ones from the small ones, make sure that they are of the same size. make sure u are not over stocking them. fish is highly cannibalistic so any chance u give them, they can predate on themselves easily.
Re: Are You A Fish Farmer Having Problems? Share It Now For Solution by fm7070: 8:00pm On Nov 09, 2012
toluxa1: What does one do in the case where you fish are eating one another? This happens alot on my farm. This is the reason I had to sell them before full maturity. They'll eat a whole big fish entire leaving only the head. It happens mostly after we change their water.

You cannot absolutely do without this occurence in fish farming.

The cause is mostly due to skin peeling bacteria infection on one of the fishes and this will make other fishes to feed on the wounded fish and will eventually lead to the death of the wounded fish. This will keep occuring if the disease or its cause is not properly treated
Re: Are You A Fish Farmer Having Problems? Share It Now For Solution by innocentchuks(m): 4:53pm On Oct 01, 2021
Fingerings, post fingerings and juveniles available for sale contact us for your quality seedlings call 08038651783

(1) (Reply)

Business For Opportunity That Gives You Constant Cashflow And A Retirement Plan / Scam!!! Don't Reply This SMS / no

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.