Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,211 members, 7,818,717 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:42 PM

Christ Our Leader - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christ Our Leader (1425 Views)

today Is The Feast Of Corpus Christi. (Christ our universal king) / Christ Our Solid Foundation / "christ Our Sacrifice" A Letter From Heaven (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Christ Our Leader by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:03am On Nov 08, 2012
Christ Our Leader
November 6, 2012.

"For it became him, for whom are all things, and by whom are all things, in bringing many sons unto glory, to make the captain of their salvation perfect through sufferings" (Hebrews 2:10).

The Lord never asks us to go anywhere that He has not gone before. He is the captain (literally, the "leader" ) of our salvation, and we only need follow our divine leader. The same word is used in Hebrews 12:2, where we are exhorted to be "looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith." "Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that ye should follow his steps" (1 Peter 2:21). "Him hath God exalted with his right hand to be a Prince |same word| and a Saviour" (Acts 5:31).

The same wonderful truth appears under various figures. He is our Shepherd, for instance, and He says, "My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish" (John 10:27-28 ). He also illumines our path. "I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life" (John 8:12). He guides us along the way by His indwelling Holy Spirit. "When he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth. . . . and he will show you things to come" (John 16:13).

With such a dauntless leader, a perfect example, a loving Shepherd, a clear light, and an infallible guide, we are (or should be) happy to follow Him, even if the way sometimes seems steep and hard.

He is the goal and prize at the end of the journey. For Him, Paul said, "I have suffered the loss of all things . . . that I may win Christ . . . forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus" (Philippians 3:8, 13-14). HMM

For more . . . .

Re: Christ Our Leader by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:17am On Nov 08, 2012
He guides us along the way by His indwelling Holy Spirit.

"When he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth. . . . and he will show you things to come" (John 16:13).

He also illumines our path. "I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life" (John 8:12).

Re: Christ Our Leader by Sirniyeh(m): 6:05pm On Nov 08, 2012
Hello dear,
I have one question to ask you.
What is it that Jesus can not do?
Re: Christ Our Leader by Sirniyeh(m): 6:06pm On Nov 08, 2012
Hello dear,
Sorry,
list 5 things that Jesus can not do for man
Re: Christ Our Leader by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:30pm On Nov 08, 2012
Sirniyeh: Hello dear,

Sorry,
list 5 things that Jesus can not do for man

If you come to Jesus He will not cast you out, He will not lead you astray and He will not lead you into the pit.
Re: Christ Our Leader by Sirniyeh(m): 2:42pm On Nov 09, 2012
OLAADEGBU:

If you come to Jesus He will not cast you out, He will not lead you astray and He will not lead you into the pit.
Mr. Ola
pls answer my question. Dont let us deceive ourselves with jesus stuff. I believe in GOD but all those theological tautologies are trash.
You said i should come to jesus, where is he? You are refering me to dead sould, i reject bad thing.
Instead of you to preach renewal of mind, you are adverting jesus. Is he a magician or what? I beg, take it easy
Re: Christ Our Leader by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:03pm On Nov 09, 2012
Sirniyeh:
Mr. Ola
pls answer my question. Dont let us deceive ourselves with jesus stuff. I believe in GOD but all those theological tautologies are trash.
You said i should come to jesus, where is he? You are refering me to dead sould, i reject bad thing.
Instead of you to preach renewal of mind, you are adverting jesus. Is he a magician or what? I beg, take it easy

I believed that I answered your question except you have an ulterior motive.

You said that you believe in God but which God? Is He dead?

You can only renew your mind once you've been born again and to do do this you have to believe that Jesus Christ died for your sin and that He rose from the dead on the third day, and ascended to sit on the right hand of the Father. The Holy Spirit is now here to connect you directly to God if you believe in your heart, confess with mouth that God raised Jesus from the dead and that Jesus Christ is Lord and that repent from your sins.

It is only after then would you have to renew your mind with the word of God which is different from the New Age practice that you are thinking about. Don't be deceived.
Re: Christ Our Leader by Sirniyeh(m): 3:56pm On Nov 09, 2012
Disappointed!
Point of correct
1 Jesus did not die for my sin, after all I'm not a sinner. He died for his own sin-breach of custom of the land.
2 is jesus only person that will ressurrect. Many stories even in nigeria a 12yr old boy who had been buried after four days ressurrected. What is the big deal about jesus's?
3 you are saying what you dont know, follow suit
Re: Christ Our Leader by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:50pm On Nov 09, 2012
Sirniyeh:

Disappointed!
Point of correct
1 Jesus did not die for my sin, after all I'm not a sinner. He died for his own sin-breach of custom of the land.

That is why you are an unbeliever. Except you believe you will die in your sin but God does not want you to die, why will you want to die in your sin?

Sirniyeh:
2 is jesus only person that will ressurrect. Many stories even in nigeria a 12yr old boy who had been buried after four days ressurrected. What is the big deal about jesus's?

Jesus is the resurrection and the life. Do you think that little boy wouldn't die again? or you've been deceived that he would be reincarnated? You are playing russian roulette with a loaded gun.

Sirniyeh:
3 you are saying what you dont know, follow suit

And you think you know what you are saying, right? Don't be deceived. The wages of sin is death but the gift of God is eternal life through our Lord Jesus Christ.

Re: Christ Our Leader by Sirniyeh(m): 6:01pm On Nov 09, 2012
Mr man,
i cant keep exchanging words with you here. One thing i know is that, there is no mediator between you and your God. He gave you mind and consciense to observe good and bad. Whatelse do you need? You dont know who jesus was, he was not special or more favoured than yourself before God. Some human beings are fools. They never remember the inventors of cellphone, computer, aircraft, electricity, even discoverers of medical knowledge and herbal useage. What had jesus invented that you are remembering him for? You talk of ressuresction, infact i pity the bunch of knowledge you get your mind obsessed with. You are following shadow. Your mind is your spiritual estate. If you know history very well, you will not allow your mind to be caged with religious fabricated myths.
Sorry for too harsh
remain blessed
Re: Christ Our Leader by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:34am On Nov 10, 2012
Sirniyeh:
Mr man,
i cant keep exchanging words with you here. One thing i know is that, there is no mediator between you and your God.

How do you know that?

Sirniyeh:

He gave you mind and consciense to observe good and bad. Whatelse do you need?

God gave you more than that. He gave you 7 senses by which you can observe Him if you wish to. Your first 5 senses, your conscience and then the holy Scriptures (His Word). So you have no reason to play ignorance. The brain you are boasting about will end one day and you will be left with your consciousness to face a fearful looking God on the Judgment Day.

Sirniyeh:

You dont know who jesus was, he was not special or more favoured than yourself before God. Some human beings are fools. They never remember the inventors of cellphone, computer, aircraft, electricity, even discoverers of medical knowledge and herbal useage. What had jesus invented that you are remembering him for? You talk of ressuresction, infact i pity the bunch of knowledge you get your mind obsessed with. You are following shadow. Your mind is your spiritual estate. If you know history very well, you will not allow your mind to be caged with religious fabricated myths.
Sorry for too harsh
remain blessed

If you made adequate use of your mind you would have realised that there are records of Jesus Christ who lived and died, there is the circumstantial evidence of His resurrection and todays date bears testimony of how long ago it was. If you use your mind you will get information that will set you free from all the junk knowledge that is out there. Try to find out why Christianity is the fastest and largest lifestyle in the world, much more than the ancient religions. Ask yourself why Christianity is unique and you will find out that while other founders are dead and buried in their tombs Jesus' tomb remains empty because He is risen. When you use your mind to discover the truth it is only then will it set your mind free and Jesus is the truth that will set your mind free.

"And she shall bring forth a son, and you shall call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins" (Matthew 1:21).

Re: Christ Our Leader by Sirniyeh(m): 8:51am On Nov 10, 2012
Mr. Man,
pls you seem not to know what you are saying! If you know the history of world religion, you willl not be selling trash to me. There 4200 religions in the world and I dont blame you when I see you advertising for yours.
Christianity was not the first, the scripture you carry for head is a mere confused and erroneous history book.
Pls, open your eyes. Bible can not help you, if jesus had understood how mind works, he wont have died at that age. He died as a result of his foolishness and ignorance. So do you want me to follow the footstep of a man who was not smart, creative, prudent, and who had never invented anything in life than lies of heaven.
I pity you
Re: Christ Our Leader by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:42am On Nov 11, 2012
Sirniyeh:

Mr. Man,
pls you seem not to know what you are saying! If you know the history of world religion, you willl not be selling trash to me. There 4200 religions in the world and I dont blame you when I see you advertising for yours.

Out of all of the "4200 religions in the world" can you tell me where their founders are today? They are all dead and buried, Jesus Christ died and rose from the dead and His tomb is empty and that is how Christianity spread. Jesus said:

"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life: no man cometh to the Father, but by me" (John 14:6).

Sirniyeh:

Christianity was not the first, the scripture you carry for head is a mere confused and erroneous history book.
Pls, open your eyes. Bible can not help you, if jesus had understood how mind works, he wont have died at that age. He died as a result of his foolishness and ignorance. So do you want me to follow the footstep of a man who was not smart, creative, prudent, and who had never invented anything in life than lies of heaven.
I pity you

The Bible (Scriptures) are God breathed. You don't need to "carry it for head" you need to prayerfully read, study and apply it to your life and then you will discover that the truth will make you free and if the Son shall make you free you will be free indeed. Jesus died to set you free from the make beliefs, half truths and outright lies that the devil initially used on Adam and Eve and is now using on you today. You talk of invention, scientists only invent what Jesus Christ created. Jesus originated what men are discovering today. Seek the originator and creator of all things and be free from mental and spiritual slavery.

"For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominion, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him" (Colossion 1:16).
Re: Christ Our Leader by Sirniyeh(m): 7:37am On Nov 11, 2012
It is like you are confused! How your bible con be breath of God? Foolishness of highest order. You turn upgraded version of the religious text of Buddaism into breath of God. Na wa for you o!
Joseph was hired to work at Marry's father house. He worked tired and pleaded for marry to offer him water. That was the genesis of Jesus history. They proposed and eventually produced Jesus. He was never conceived of virgin at all. When he turned 28, he was proposed as well by a lady but jesus turned down the proposal. He later went to be speaking against the custom of the land, speaking against the king, which led to his arrest.
Jesus even practised Judaism, as at 12 he had started worship with Judaists in synagogue.
Pls, jesus does not to emulate, if you try, it is like a walk into the brink of destruction.
You have your life to live base on the posture of your Mind. Use your mind the way you like, na u sabi. Scripture is a mere history book. Nothing written within that greater have noth happen in nigeria. So what is the big D? I beg go and have a rethink. There are over 30,000 denominations in christianity alone, why? All stil prove bible as the source of their doctrine. Na wa o, Monkey fooling baboon.
My friend, wake up. Your life is anchored on cause and effect, if you walk in that sense, you will not have problem. The law of Karma.
You have freedom of choice and association. You can join any society you wish but dont force others to join. I quote my grandfather, "to live long is not hectic but to keep to the law of nature, cause and effect.
I hope I've been able to convince you to live independent life. Remain blessed

(1) (Reply)

Boobs Exposing Evangelist Eucharia Anunobi’s Life Before Becoming An Evangelist / Esocs Church Practices.. / Jesus’ Crucifixion Was Not A Sacrifice.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.