Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,119 members, 7,828,987 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:04 PM

Kenyan Mother Names New-Born Twins Barack & Mitt - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Kenyan Mother Names New-Born Twins Barack & Mitt (7380 Views)

Mitt Romney President-Elect Transition Website Leaks Online / Mitt Romney's Loss In Pictures / Barack Obama Vs Mitt Romney : Election Night Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kenyan Mother Names New-Born Twins Barack & Mitt by youngies(m): 6:29am On Nov 08, 2012

Election enthusiast: Millicent Owuor, 20, holds her newly born twin boys named after U.S. President Barack Obama, left, and Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney, right.

Motherly love: Owuor rests with new-born children Barack Obama, left, and Mitt Romney, right, inside the maternity ward of Siaya District Hospital, near Obama's ancestral home village of Nyangoma Kogelo.

A Kenyan mother has named her new-born twins after US President Barack Obama and his Republican challenger Mitt Romney, the BBC reports.

Millicent Owuor, 20, gave birth to the twins in south-west Kenya on the day Obama was re-elected.

A short distance from the hospital, at the Obama family’s ancestral village, people were celebrating his victory.

“I named the first twin Barack and the second one Mitt,” Owuor was quoted by Reuters as saying.

Owuor posed for photographers on Wednesday at the Siaya District Hospital with her twin boys.

She said she had named her twins after the winning and losing US presidential candidates in order to remember the day of the vote, Kenya’s Standard newspaper reports.

The US president’s father was born in Kenya and his step-grandmother, Sarah Obama, still lives in the village of Kogelo.

The residents of Kogelo sang and danced after Obama was declared the winner.

“The reason why he has won is because God has given it to him,” said Sarah Obama, who turns 90 this year.

“Secondly, he has got the knowledge to love all people, he doesn’t have the knowledge of division, that is why he has won.”

Barack Obama senior died in a road accident in Kenya in 1982.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-20240532

1 Like

Re: Kenyan Mother Names New-Born Twins Barack & Mitt by Nobody: 6:39am On Nov 08, 2012
One will be empathetic and altruistic. The other will be a pathological liar, who suffers memory lapses worse than a goldfish....... iKid lol.

Congratulations on he birth of her new twins.

4 Likes

Re: Kenyan Mother Names New-Born Twins Barack & Mitt by Nobody: 6:41am On Nov 08, 2012
ogugua88: One will be empathetic and altruistic. The other will be a pathological liar, who suffers memory lapses worse than a goldfish. ...... iKid lol.

angry angry There's a truth in every joke!

1 Like

Re: Kenyan Mother Names New-Born Twins Barack & Mitt by Nobody: 7:07am On Nov 08, 2012
This woman is seeking attention with the destiny of her innocent twins.

4 Likes

Re: Kenyan Mother Names New-Born Twins Barack & Mitt by Nobody: 7:08am On Nov 08, 2012
^^I agree!
Re: Kenyan Mother Names New-Born Twins Barack & Mitt by Nobody: 7:14am On Nov 08, 2012
Shollypopz: angry angry There's a truth in every joke!

Why are you frowning? Didnt you vote for Obama? Lol.

@acid, maybe lol.

Reminds me of the lives of these two brothers, Winner and Loser Lane. Loser was successful while Winner spent most of his life incarcerated. Often times, people are able to overcome the obstacle that is their name. Mitt may end up being the honest one lol.

3 Likes

Re: Kenyan Mother Names New-Born Twins Barack & Mitt by Nobody: 7:23am On Nov 08, 2012
ogugua88:
@acid, maybe lol.

Reminds me of the lives of these two brothers, Winner and Loser Lane. Loser was successful while Winner spent most of his life incarcerated.Often times, people are able to overcome the obstacle that is their name. Mitt may end up being the honest one lol.
You're right Ogugua..

It is not what they call you but what you answer to
Re: Kenyan Mother Names New-Born Twins Barack & Mitt by 234GT(m): 7:31am On Nov 08, 2012
The twins go fight tire. They will never agree on issues. The woman may gain some fame now, but she go hear am later when the twins start behaving like cat and rat.
Re: Kenyan Mother Names New-Born Twins Barack & Mitt by obalolaunited(m): 7:34am On Nov 08, 2012
Secretly passing by
Re: Kenyan Mother Names New-Born Twins Barack & Mitt by Nobody: 7:35am On Nov 08, 2012
A name worth giving indeed unlike the people that named their children Jonathan, what a mess.

2 Likes

Re: Kenyan Mother Names New-Born Twins Barack & Mitt by purpinkx(m): 7:36am On Nov 08, 2012
Mitchew obama
Re: Kenyan Mother Names New-Born Twins Barack & Mitt by Nobody: 7:36am On Nov 08, 2012
As funny as this may be,its also serious . Is she prophesying that her two kids will be rivals,at loggerheads with each other??
Re: Kenyan Mother Names New-Born Twins Barack & Mitt by gwas(m): 7:43am On Nov 08, 2012
Chei! Winner and looser? Damn! Why didn't she name them Barack and Obama?

7 Likes

Re: Kenyan Mother Names New-Born Twins Barack & Mitt by semid4lyfe(m): 7:44am On Nov 08, 2012
^^
The twins bear resemblance to Barack Obama & Mitt Romney with their complexions
Re: Kenyan Mother Names New-Born Twins Barack & Mitt by controlseven: 7:47am On Nov 08, 2012
Mmmnnhh! I foresee a quick change of name by one of them in future...

1 Like

Re: Kenyan Mother Names New-Born Twins Barack & Mitt by purplebrown: 7:48am On Nov 08, 2012
Last time I checked, the price of garri was still the same. How does this affect the price of garri?
Re: Kenyan Mother Names New-Born Twins Barack & Mitt by Kakability(m): 7:48am On Nov 08, 2012
Haba madam, na bad omen be those names oo. 2 opposition politicians 4 one house, rejoice 2day for worries come 2mrow...imagine her naming the boys Jonathan and Buhari? Dat na die be dat.. I go dey wait wen she go send court affidevit of change of name to those boys. Lol
Re: Kenyan Mother Names New-Born Twins Barack & Mitt by gwas(m): 7:48am On Nov 08, 2012
ogugua88: One will be empathetic and altruistic. The other will be a pathological liar, who suffers memory lapses worse than a goldfish....... iKid lol.

She doesn't know the levity of what she did. She sounds foolish to me.

1 Like

Re: Kenyan Mother Names New-Born Twins Barack & Mitt by baysol: 7:49am On Nov 08, 2012
Oh aren't they cute? Good news for once, what a relief, aaaaahf.
Re: Kenyan Mother Names New-Born Twins Barack & Mitt by boron10(m): 7:51am On Nov 08, 2012
acidosis™:

How does a child's name affect the destiny of the child??
Re: Kenyan Mother Names New-Born Twins Barack & Mitt by Allem(m): 7:52am On Nov 08, 2012
Wat a̶̲̥̅̊ high level of stupidity J̲̥̅̊u̶̲̥̅̊s̶̲̥̅̊t̲̥̅̊ τ̅☺ gain †ђξ attention of †ђξ press, these kids may never ßε̅ brodas,cos they will always fight wen pipo start interpreting †ђξ meaning of their name τ̅☺ sometin else. Congrat anyway.
Re: Kenyan Mother Names New-Born Twins Barack & Mitt by seunfly: 7:52am On Nov 08, 2012
Jacob and what is the other one, ooOh i don forget.

But seriously that is what a giant is made of, a city set on the hill can not be hidden that is America for you, very soon peaple will be naming their kid in chinnese cho chin chan. Gone are the days when other nations used to name their children yetunde, kuti etc well Nigeria will get back there one day.
Re: Kenyan Mother Names New-Born Twins Barack & Mitt by gwas(m): 7:57am On Nov 08, 2012
semid4lyfe: ^^
The twins bear resemblance to Barack Obama & Mitt Romney with their complexions
Yeah, you are right....but she didn't see it that way. Her reason is - she just wants to use that to remember the election day. What a crazy thought!
Re: Kenyan Mother Names New-Born Twins Barack & Mitt by kelvino25(m): 8:01am On Nov 08, 2012
Why is this front page news? A lady in my village named his four kids after Abacha, Obasanjo, Babangida and Jonathan. Kini big deal?
Re: Kenyan Mother Names New-Born Twins Barack & Mitt by yuzedo: 8:11am On Nov 08, 2012
acidosis™:
That is the exact summary put succinctly!
One is a born winner, the other, a vanquished loser; predestined by an ignorant mother... Esau & Jacob.
May one not see a Cain & Abel situation.. undecided

gwas: Chei! Winner and looser? Damn! Why didn't she name them Barack and Obama?
You are a man after my heart! You echo my exact thoughts! angry

1 Like

Re: Kenyan Mother Names New-Born Twins Barack & Mitt by Nobody: 8:13am On Nov 08, 2012
kelvino25: Why is this front page news? A lady in my village named his four kids after Abacha, Obasanjo, Babangida and Jonathan. Kini big deal?
Na those kids go kill the woman...

The mother caught press attention but forgot the future...mitt need to pray & work harder to prove that his name is what he bears
Re: Kenyan Mother Names New-Born Twins Barack & Mitt by Sashd: 8:17am On Nov 08, 2012
Barack nd mitt abegi obj nd atiku 4 beta joor
Re: Kenyan Mother Names New-Born Twins Barack & Mitt by Angel778(f): 8:18am On Nov 08, 2012
gwas: Chei! Winner and looser? Damn! Why didn't she name them Barack and Obama?
exactly my thought!
Re: Kenyan Mother Names New-Born Twins Barack & Mitt by sage2(m): 8:21am On Nov 08, 2012
I hope this woman understands the consequences of her action. This is capable of setting off her innocent kids on an unhealthy and perpetual rivalry. The one named Mitt may hate her for naming him so and may always be suspicious of his brother, Barack. I am of the opinion that both men are successful though.
Re: Kenyan Mother Names New-Born Twins Barack & Mitt by sage2(m): 8:25am On Nov 08, 2012
purplebrown: Last time I checked, the price of garri was still the same. How does this affect the price of garri?

It is a good thing. At least it did not go up.
Re: Kenyan Mother Names New-Born Twins Barack & Mitt by SamMilla1(m): 8:28am On Nov 08, 2012
She named them WINNER AND LOSER. Pathetic
Re: Kenyan Mother Names New-Born Twins Barack & Mitt by Humphreydis(m): 8:33am On Nov 08, 2012
ogugua88: One will be empathetic and altruistic. The other will be a pathological liar, who suffers memory lapses worse than a goldfish....... iKid lol.

....back 2 sender!....dis r babes u r talkin abt,ar a really a woman?!....One will b a great leader while d oda will be a great buisness mogul nd a politician,Amen!

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Niger Bars UN, NGOs From Military Operation Zones / Gambian President Hits Out At African Union Over Gaddafi Protests / Exposed: Why Israel Is Hated By Arabs & Their Apologists

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.