Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,119 members, 7,828,989 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:05 PM

TRIBAL MARKS~ Human Deformation - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / TRIBAL MARKS~ Human Deformation (1178 Views)

Photos: Are Tribal Marks Attractive Or Repulsive? / Culture Or Cruelty? Do We Still Need Tribal Marks?(pics) / What Is The Significance Of The Yoruba Tribal Marks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

TRIBAL MARKS~ Human Deformation by Abmarshalo(m): 2:57pm On Nov 08, 2012
What are your thoughts

Re: TRIBAL MARKS~ Human Deformation by PAGAN9JA(m): 6:28pm On Nov 08, 2012
plz change the title because you are hurting my sentiments and that of millions of Africans. we dont need your pity. we are happy and proud of our tribal marks. for example, i have many friend from South Sudan of Dinka, Nuer and Murle groups and they all love their marks and give it ti their kids aswell. angry
Re: TRIBAL MARKS~ Human Deformation by Nobody: 3:31am On Nov 09, 2012
That's one of the things in the Yoruba culture I can't stand. I think it's a deformation and the reason why it's given most of the times is totally unjustifiable.

Lol, the funny thing is the initial purpose of tribal mark was to identify each group within Yoruba nation, to beautify, and to identify slaves.

Beautify?? Lol, I wonder what we were thinking?
Re: TRIBAL MARKS~ Human Deformation by PAGAN9JA(m): 9:29am On Nov 09, 2012
the main purpose is identification. and many marks do look beautiful.
Re: TRIBAL MARKS~ Human Deformation by Nobody: 3:32pm On Nov 09, 2012
PAGAN 9JA:
the main purpose is identification. and many marks do look beautiful.
LoL, beautiful indeed! Do you have tribal marks?? Be honest grin
Re: TRIBAL MARKS~ Human Deformation by PAGAN9JA(m): 8:29pm On Nov 09, 2012
Shollypopz:
LoL, beautiful indeed! Do you have tribal marks?? Be honest grin

YES I DO! angry

and so does everyone in my family and so shall be in the future generations.

(1) (Reply)

Translation Please / Names Having A Different Meaning In Ur Language Or Another Language / The Warri Traditional Council

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.