Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,070 members, 7,953,269 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 01:18 PM

Nigerian Makeup Artists And Their Exorbitant Prices - Fashion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Nigerian Makeup Artists And Their Exorbitant Prices (59036 Views)

MUST HAVES For A Makeup Artist (aspiring Makup Artists And PRO Makeup Artists) / Top Nigerian Makeup Artists / Top Nigerian Makeup Artists (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Makeup Artists And Their Exorbitant Prices by WhyAWhy(m): 10:02pm On Nov 09, 2012
200k for face surgery?
Re: Nigerian Makeup Artists And Their Exorbitant Prices by MaxDick9ja: 10:14pm On Nov 09, 2012
No wonder they end up plastering the thing on peoples face as if they are professional bricklayers

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Makeup Artists And Their Exorbitant Prices by Connoisseur(m): 10:15pm On Nov 09, 2012
200k for makeup, and just down the page it was 400k for deco. pray how much does a typical wedding cost
Re: Nigerian Makeup Artists And Their Exorbitant Prices by sizzlers(m): 10:17pm On Nov 09, 2012
I de craz!
Re: Nigerian Makeup Artists And Their Exorbitant Prices by ceejayluv(m): 10:37pm On Nov 09, 2012
redcliff:

Makeup no fit do the trick na. Na only my baby tiwa savage I know makeup makes her an angel. Oh tiwa I long for your love *day dreaming* oops *night dreaming*

And wet dreaming, I guess
Re: Nigerian Makeup Artists And Their Exorbitant Prices by abt(m): 10:41pm On Nov 09, 2012
Maybe They've removed subsidy for makeup. grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Makeup Artists And Their Exorbitant Prices by Loveangel1(f): 10:58pm On Nov 09, 2012
Mr..Cork:

madam Angel love.. y u complaining?... are u ugly? angry
. Hahahahaha, I'm far from ugly.
Re: Nigerian Makeup Artists And Their Exorbitant Prices by Nuzo1(m): 11:54pm On Nov 09, 2012
Eight tubes of brown otangele on my wife's face? What the heck is that?

I'm giving my wife to be two options; flight ticket to Sychelles for a honeymoon or 200k for a 3 hours makeup.

Damnit! angry
Re: Nigerian Makeup Artists And Their Exorbitant Prices by Reese1: 12:13am On Nov 10, 2012
It's because of Naija mentality...if we don't hear a big price, we think it's an inferior product.

But if anyone needs a great makeup artist, I can recommend one 1000%. She is very affordable and did my wedding makeup a couple of months ago.
Re: Nigerian Makeup Artists And Their Exorbitant Prices by Originalsly: 1:40am On Nov 10, 2012
Hmmm.... after reading I don't think N200K is too much for the hmmm...beautician/magician to charge to plaster a family with make-up.
Re: Nigerian Makeup Artists And Their Exorbitant Prices by Nobody: 1:47am On Nov 10, 2012
How bout listening to this kid?

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Makeup Artists And Their Exorbitant Prices by TableLeg(m): 1:49am On Nov 10, 2012
Love angel: Why do Nigerian makeup artists charge so much? Just came across one and she said she'll do a wedding makeup for 200,000, I mean that's too expensive and most people complain about how rude and mean they could be. I really wanna know, why so expensive?
It is not by force.. Get your neighbour or your house girl to do your make up
Or invest in a make up kit and a giant mirror! undecided
Re: Nigerian Makeup Artists And Their Exorbitant Prices by ajibutter: 2:40am On Nov 10, 2012
acidtalk:

Even if the whole Atlantic Ocean na Mary Kay power and the Entire tress for naija na painting brush, if dem use am for you na still waste. Your worworness no get solution. So crawl back to your cage.

Jesus Christ! LWKMD
Re: Nigerian Makeup Artists And Their Exorbitant Prices by baby123: 2:48am On Nov 10, 2012
my dear go u tube dem go teach u how to make up .

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Makeup Artists And Their Exorbitant Prices by rman: 4:29am On Nov 10, 2012
The day I realized how much makeup artists charge for weddings, I just told my unemployed fiance " look no more, I VE FOUND A JOB FOR YOU! "

I was excited because, anyone that is cool and calm can learn in a few months. I paid for her training and her first job she got 35k. Now she charges between 50 and 70k ( naira ) and she gets called almost all weekends. Sometimes she travels.

One of the smartest decisions I ve made in my life. She has time and she makes money doing what she likes.

Instead of complaining, why not tap into it? There is money to be made in this country I swear!

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Makeup Artists And Their Exorbitant Prices by phecs: 5:45am On Nov 10, 2012
Dat 200k can even run a nodest wedding ceremony.
Re: Nigerian Makeup Artists And Their Exorbitant Prices by Loveangel1(f): 6:24am On Nov 10, 2012
Reese1: It's because of Naija mentality...if we don't hear a big price, we think it's an inferior product.

But if anyone needs a great makeup artist, I can recommend one 1000%. She is very affordable and did my wedding makeup a couple of months ago.
Reese, cld u pls give me her contact. Thank u
Re: Nigerian Makeup Artists And Their Exorbitant Prices by flashdrive(f): 7:01am On Nov 10, 2012
acidtalk: If you can't afford it, stick to idi-agbon, tiro, vaselline, and palm kernnel oil.
Re: Nigerian Makeup Artists And Their Exorbitant Prices by amberacious: 7:05am On Nov 10, 2012
Red-Light:
200k? shocked is that for year make up or just once
i guess it is for facial surgery

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Makeup Artists And Their Exorbitant Prices by acidtalk: 7:12am On Nov 10, 2012
ehie007: Th
Nigerians want good jobs but dont want to pay for it. Those who pay little are the most worrisome..This also applies to us into wedding photography....they want good shot but dnt want to pay for it....

You have said it all. I believe and act so much on the 80/20 principle. The least paid clients are always the most troublesome. So avoid them as much as you can.
Re: Nigerian Makeup Artists And Their Exorbitant Prices by Bisjosh(f): 7:29am On Nov 10, 2012
I can't pay more than 30-40k for make-up! Not that I dnt have the money but I don't WASTE money! I would rather do my make-up myself(am also good). Afterall am beautiful and I need just a light make-up undecided
Re: Nigerian Makeup Artists And Their Exorbitant Prices by jmoore(m): 8:25am On Nov 10, 2012
Sisi_Kill: 200k??!! shocked shocked

What happened to white Powder, Tiro/Kwallii and Vaseline?
I wonder too. Just rub the white powder if you are not comfortable with the cost. I thought makeup artist is for shooting music video and movie
Re: Nigerian Makeup Artists And Their Exorbitant Prices by 4llerbuntu(m): 8:38am On Nov 10, 2012
No wonder every tom Dick and Rosemary nowadays is a make up artiste. 4 of every 5 girls you meet today is a makeup artiste. A few years ago it was beads making cheesy

The question you need to ask yourself is If this artiste is going to have her own ceremony will she pay 200k for makeup?
You see how stupid and illogical women are?

Worse still is the fact that you are spending the money to pose to ur equally mumu contemporaries,

i know for sure the husband, males, and other folks outside your immediate group of dunces wouldn't know what Mary Kay looked like if it hit them in the face.

Its all good tho, i only marvel at the foolish men who pay for this type of rubbish.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Makeup Artists And Their Exorbitant Prices by maxproxl: 8:39am On Nov 10, 2012
quin9: They won't be in business if people aren't paying,neither wld they charge that much if their clients av not been up to it,most of these peeps go abroad to get certified,and diz is Naija where there is a lot of money to throw around,where we spend heavily on parties,its not only makeup that is expensive EVERYTHING is.
As for being rude,YES most of them are,but sometimes people are really annoying,the bride has made her specification,had a trial nd all nd on that day d SU anty comes in saying"u don't need diz,d lips it too red,clean it nd use only gloss don't let d eyeshadow show(d bride is like don't mind her,till an arguement ensues or som1 cries),d church will diz d elders will dat blah bla bla...anoda 1 comes saying am d elder sis so"u'll makeup nd tye my gele shogbo?(Free oh!),jus then anoda 1 comes picks ur lipstick and apply straight on her lip!(No permission).In diz trade u need REAL patience,which a lot of people don't av.

I must confess, comments on this thread got me laughin to tears. This one above is the funniest sha. Can't stop laughin oo. I don't know why people spend so much on bridal makeup. 200k is too much o. Wtf. In as much as l agree that celebrations is an integral part of our life, we should be modest in spendin. My cousin did her wedn makeup herself and it looked so cool that people asked to know the makeup artist. From there she started getn jobs chargin as low as 50k per wedn(for 5people). She turned her hubby into a business(without formal training). Av told my fiance, am not spendn a dime on make up artist. She can do it herself or tell her sisters. Na wa for naija
Re: Nigerian Makeup Artists And Their Exorbitant Prices by holycuriousity(m): 9:52am On Nov 10, 2012
Rubbish... 200k for wetin na?
Re: Nigerian Makeup Artists And Their Exorbitant Prices by babyfaceok: 10:23am On Nov 10, 2012
Its quite Expensive , I am a Professional make-up Artist as well , i charge between 40000 Naira to 50000 Naira and that includes Hair Fixing ,Cream to enhance smooth and fine skin , If the lady has Pimples on her face i will also give her a facial treatment before the wedding day and she could use it after the wedding day , I do make-up for Major Nigerian Home video Artist, Try Babyface today ,you will be happy indeed.In addition i will give free tutorial on how to maintain a healthy and fine skin .Contact us as well for your Party Decoration at an affordable price.
Call 08052179005,08033923627
Re: Nigerian Makeup Artists And Their Exorbitant Prices by jaxxy(m): 10:39am On Nov 10, 2012
I love skill and professionalism so I think MUA's or Photographers r doing a great job to make our wedding memorable and shud b encouraged bt I think their charges shud vary and nt b fixed based on d scale of d wedding in question and d client budget also.

Charging 200k for a wedding dat cost say 500k or 1mill in total budget is insane and outragious. Even d photo graphers r doing same.

If a clients doing a 5mill weddin u can charge ur premium price and give ur premium service bt don't apply dat 2 sm1 or ridicule sm1 who's doin a wedding dats less.
Re: Nigerian Makeup Artists And Their Exorbitant Prices by mikanju: 10:43am On Nov 10, 2012
Onegai: Hmm, let's try thinking of this:

You train as a makeup artist. Most in Nigeria aren't well-trained, but pay minimum of N70,000 for bad training. Then buying your products (you have to have foundation to match any complexion, that's a minimum of N12,000 for 8 tubes, and then Mary Kay isn't that good, so to do a good job, you have to buy Black Up which is N10,000 a bottle. There's too much fake Iman on the market sold for N4500 per bottle). Then add in eyeshadows, a palette can be N8500 and that is the crap chinese stuff that irritates. So you spend minimum of N25,000 for more chinese stuff of slightly better quality. False lashes are N800 per packet (the good stuff which isn't heavy on the eye). We won't mention powders, blushes mascara, primers and skincare for all types of skins and complexions. Remember, all these products finish and expire, so they need replacement.
Then transport to the bride's house, first for trial and then for engagement and another day, white wedding, no matter how early or late the time. So that's usually cab fare. Calculate N3000 per trip.
Also, naija brides can waste time, so you can't do 2 weddings in one day. And then you have to wait for their mum, sisters or friends who want free makeup (as if you have products to dash).
You may say "oh well, why should I still pay so much?". Let me ask you this: which do you think you will use to remember your wedding, your menu, your hall venue or your pictures? And if it's pictures, do you wanna look your best in your pictures or do you want to look like your short-sighted sister did your makeup without her glasses? Why pay a photographer N150,000 when you look like a masquerade because you paid your MUA N40,000 for her wahala?
What do you think?

And so Are going to use all these things patapata on one client? Even if u are painting d whole gest sef That is just too ridiculus! And the truth is:some brides wld av looked better making up themselves than paying to look like a clown on their weeding day.Tcheeew! Professionals indeed!
Re: Nigerian Makeup Artists And Their Exorbitant Prices by Nuezha(m): 11:29am On Nov 10, 2012
acidtalk: If you can't afford it, stick to idi-agbon, tiro, vaselline, and palm kernnel oil.
Moju, laali, idi-cashew, popolodu, etc
Re: Nigerian Makeup Artists And Their Exorbitant Prices by Wendy80(f): 12:39pm On Nov 10, 2012
Everything is overblown I̶̲̥̅̊n ds our country. Most times the brides made up by ds Makeup artists look very ugly......2 start with a bride has no biz with a red or tomato lipstick on her wedding day cos a bride is assumed to be a virgin and shud hav a very light make up on her weddin day.....but ds days whn u c a bride u wl think she's going night clubbin or abt to hit the run way cos of too much make up....I made myself up on my weddin day and pple kept askin ♍ε̲̣̣̣̥ months afta †ЂΞ weddin whu my make up artist was........some artist are cheap and very good...my friends does 4 like 15 to 20k n the brides coms out stunning
Re: Nigerian Makeup Artists And Their Exorbitant Prices by TableLeg(m): 4:01pm On Nov 10, 2012
Nuezha:
Moju, laali, idi-cashew, popolodu, etc
Re: Nigerian Makeup Artists And Their Exorbitant Prices by Nobody: 4:39pm On Nov 10, 2012
A bride needs little or no make up for her wedding. ALL she needs is a FLawless Skin and face and this can be achieved by naturally.
I still cannot fathom how a woman will spend money and look like a colour poster!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What Are You Wearing Now? / Ifeanyi Ubah Disqualifies All Contestants At Most Beautiful Girl In Nnewi / Dress Made With Access Bank ATM Worn By A Lady - Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.