Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,754 members, 7,817,085 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:08 AM

Otedola Sues Tambuwal, Lawan For N250 Billion Damages - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Otedola Sues Tambuwal, Lawan For N250 Billion Damages (10897 Views)

Filling Stations In Awka Sell Petrol For N250 Per Litre / Buhari Favours Senator Lawan For Senate Presidency, Sahara Reporters / Jagaba Threatens To Sue Lawan For Blackmail (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Otedola Sues Tambuwal, Lawan For N250 Billion Damages by Nobody: 6:22am On Nov 09, 2012
First of all otedola is a thief bt lets put dat aside faruok shld b in jail right now an honourable my foot.they are bunch of goat........omo dem release me 4rm ban dis mornin.
Re: Otedola Sues Tambuwal, Lawan For N250 Billion Damages by KINGwax(m): 6:23am On Nov 09, 2012
Prof Corruption:

I disagree. It's a case of corruption. Otedola confessed giving money to Lawan. Lawan agreed taking money from Otedola. There is video and audio pieces of evidence to prove case. Otedola gave money in anticipation of favor which was surgically accomplished on the floor of the House of Representative by Lawan. Voice analysis can be done to ascertain authenticity of the evidence.

Show me how it's a case of intimidation and extortion. I am waiting.
^^
what are u sayin? Otedola clearly said he informed the police before doing dt. He said the money was clearly marked by the police and the police used him as an object of investigation. Hence, the reason the video was premediated.
Like i said, don't fucck wit a businessman, you'll loose. I'm sure a few dollars will make any police support that the money were marked before given. Forget it

1 Like

Re: Otedola Sues Tambuwal, Lawan For N250 Billion Damages by IleIfe2(m): 6:26am On Nov 09, 2012
niyi20: First of all otedola is a thief bt lets put dat aside faruok shld b in jail right now an honourable my foot.they are bunch of goat........omo dem release me 4rm ban dis mornin.

what did Otedola steal from you, can you share your story with me?

3 Likes

Re: Otedola Sues Tambuwal, Lawan For N250 Billion Damages by Nobody: 6:28am On Nov 09, 2012
Ile-Ife:

He contended that Farouk resorted to persistent phone calls threatening him that his company would be included in the list of indicted oil importers and that the image and reputations of Zenon Oil would be greatly affected unless he pays the $3million.

Faced with the unrelenting barrage of intimidating phone calls, the plaintiff claimed that he became distressed and reported the unlawful demands to the security agencies.

He claimed that he secured the advice of security agents to play along by giving marked money to Farouk with a view to gather evidence for the nefarious activities

Which security agency? Why is he the one doing the explanation? Why not the security agency? Which of our security agencies has come out to confirm that indeed there was a sting operation? If the money was marked, by who? Whose money-otedola or security agency? Why have they not been able to recover the money? Where is the money? What is the whole point of investigation if indeed the sting operation was staged by security agency?
Did he use his money or that of security agency? Why was Lawan not arrested at point of collection? Was the money even paid at once?

Guy, it's a clear case of corruption. Both of them-Lawan and otedola are thieves.

1 Like

Re: Otedola Sues Tambuwal, Lawan For N250 Billion Damages by Alxmyr(m): 6:30am On Nov 09, 2012
Prof Corruption:

Which security agency? Why is he the one doing the explanation? Why not the security agency? Which of our security agencies has come out to confirm that indeed there was a sting operation? If the money was marked, by who? Whose money-otedola or security agency? Why have they not been able to recover the money? Where is the money? What is the whole point of investigation if indeed the sting operation was staged by security agency?
Did he use his money or that of security agency? Why was Lawan not arrested at point of collection? Was the money even paid at once?

Guy, it's a clear case of corruption. Both of them-Lawan and otedola are thieves.

Are you insinuating that he is lying, even in court, knowing it carries two year jail term?
Re: Otedola Sues Tambuwal, Lawan For N250 Billion Damages by Tyche(m): 6:31am On Nov 09, 2012
Babylon System ...
Re: Otedola Sues Tambuwal, Lawan For N250 Billion Damages by Nobody: 6:32am On Nov 09, 2012
Alxmyr:

Are you insinuating that he is lying, even in court, knowing it carries two year jail term?

grin grin grin grin
Re: Otedola Sues Tambuwal, Lawan For N250 Billion Damages by stpat1(m): 6:41am On Nov 09, 2012
Its the govt that I blame, if he's still being remanded in jail by now he won't be talking about suing.
Re: Otedola Sues Tambuwal, Lawan For N250 Billion Damages by NEROSKY(m): 6:44am On Nov 09, 2012
nigeria get spiritual problem..
Re: Otedola Sues Tambuwal, Lawan For N250 Billion Damages by Humphreydis(m): 6:45am On Nov 09, 2012
badaru1: Otedola is a fool,u gave someone marked money and he was not arrested immediately,how do u recover the marked money? Abeg u no get case
....abeg no vex o,na yash ur brain dey??..cos e b lik na yash u take dey think..gbam!
Re: Otedola Sues Tambuwal, Lawan For N250 Billion Damages by Daddi: 6:58am On Nov 09, 2012
Ile-Ife:
Why are some people saying Otedola should be charged with farouk? This is an obvious case of a racketeer extorting money from a business man. Otedola is not a politician, so i wonder where the idea that he is corrupt comes from.
This is a case I've been watching to see how it goes. For those castigating Otedola I dont see why you should do that. If not him we dont know farouk could be this corrupt to mess up a sensitive matter like this, after the so called 'integrity bullshit' n all that. Even if Otedola do shady deals with the government then let them bring evidence. But in this particular case he did what a good citizen should do.

5 Likes

Re: Otedola Sues Tambuwal, Lawan For N250 Billion Damages by takedat(m): 7:06am On Nov 09, 2012
Alxmyr:

Are you a JJC, na today the begin lie for court?

1 Like

Re: Otedola Sues Tambuwal, Lawan For N250 Billion Damages by Nobody: 7:20am On Nov 09, 2012
Hmm, who's gonna pay N250billion?

WTF?! This whole "damages" thing is getting crazy.

Okay, I think I'll sue the Nairaland BOT and claim N250billion for hiding my post the other day. cheesy
Re: Otedola Sues Tambuwal, Lawan For N250 Billion Damages by goldng: 7:25am On Nov 09, 2012
shocked
Re: Otedola Sues Tambuwal, Lawan For N250 Billion Damages by KBrown: 7:28am On Nov 09, 2012
Daddi: This is a case I've been watching to see how it goes. For those castigating Otedola I dont see why you should do that. If not him we dont know farouk could be this corrupt to mess up a sensitive matter like this, after the so called 'integrity bullshit' n all that. Even if Otedola do shady deals with the government then let them bring evidence. But in this particular case he did what a good citizen should do.

I agree with you totally. I'm really surprised that people are indirectly supporting Farouk on this matter. Before Otedola brought this matter to public domain, Farouk had for years deceived us all that he was clean. Nobody ever knew that he could be corrupt to this magnitude. So, being an elected representative, a well respected one at that, he is a great let down to his erstwhile fans. As for Otedola, as a business man surviving in a corrupt society like ours, he must have had to bribe many government officials in the past for his business to survive when he must have been convinced there was need to do so.
The difference in this case was that he was convinced that there was no need to bribe and Farouk was arm twisting him to do so. So, he had no choice but to use his superior brains as a business man to do Farouk in.
In my humble view therefore, it is Farouk that needs to be dealt with because Nigerians gave him their trust and he messed it up. Otedola as a business never asked for our trust. In business, it is SURVIVAL OF THE FITTEST!

2 Likes

Re: Otedola Sues Tambuwal, Lawan For N250 Billion Damages by Nobody: 7:28am On Nov 09, 2012
Ile-Ife:

what did Otedola steal from you, can you share your story with me?
...i dont have ur time.
Re: Otedola Sues Tambuwal, Lawan For N250 Billion Damages by dridowu: 7:36am On Nov 09, 2012
Anoda season film
Re: Otedola Sues Tambuwal, Lawan For N250 Billion Damages by Crown128(m): 7:44am On Nov 09, 2012
I weep for my country.
Re: Otedola Sues Tambuwal, Lawan For N250 Billion Damages by Hugoboi(m): 7:44am On Nov 09, 2012
Otedola's N250 billion suit against Farouk and Tambuwal lacks merit and will be dismissed for the following reason(s)

1. Damages for business losses fall under the realm of special damages which must be proven by strict and credible evidence. It is not enough in law to just assert "business losses", one must show such losses by credible evidence before the court can award same. I don't see how Otedola intends to manufacture such proof.

2. The bare essence of this matter is against the intended re-enlistment of his company among those indicted. For God's sake, one cannot invoke the coercive powers of a court against a statutorily established body carrying out it statutory duty. The Nass is empowered to investigate fuel subsidy and make recommendations on entities found to be wanting. No court worth its salt will interfere with that function.

3. Otedola's action is merely diversionary and a cheap attempt to shore up his image. It is not out of place to see crooks run to court so as to divert the public attention and curry sympathy in instances where their guilt is umimpeacheable. If otedola had a genuine case, he should have sued the whole committee that did the work and not single out Tambuwal and Farouk. This suit stinks

The above is my candid view as a lawyer.
Re: Otedola Sues Tambuwal, Lawan For N250 Billion Damages by dapachez: 7:45am On Nov 09, 2012
Alxmyr:

Are you for real, when people go to court to lie their ass out daily in nigeria. Bottomline the law is for the poor and not for the rich elites. I just take this whole drama as another episode to keep gullible nigerians busy
Re: Otedola Sues Tambuwal, Lawan For N250 Billion Damages by Kposkila: 7:54am On Nov 09, 2012
dis is a voice clip 4rm channels tv of d rogues bribery transaction... both d giver nd d taker should b remanded in jail...

Re: Otedola Sues Tambuwal, Lawan For N250 Billion Damages by Nobody: 8:01am On Nov 09, 2012
Is facrook not meant to be rotting in jail by now?? Like seriously, wtf is wrong with our criminal justice system?? As for dat OTEDOLE dude claiming cleans hands..he should just shut d Bleep up. If d bribe money dat was given was truly just part of measures to capture facrook in a tight corner..why dint he come out and have d security agencies do their thing and take d case to court. Why is it now, months after d issue?? #250billion! Argghhh! I laff bitterly!
Re: Otedola Sues Tambuwal, Lawan For N250 Billion Damages by Nobody: 8:04am On Nov 09, 2012
Thumps up to Otedola. Its a shame that the security agencies and judiciary can not prosecute a clear case of bribery, corruption and extortion with audio and video evidencies, it therefore shows how corrupt our judicial system is. A lot of ignorant people with zero knowledge of independence of the judiciary will keep blaming the executives when In essence the judiciary has failed us. Otedola remains my hero, the accusation was that he Purchase forex from feds without evidence that he imported products with it. What's his crime ? That he purchased forex ? Or that there is no evidence that he imported products? I know an average nairalander is mentally wired to hate billionaires, but put aside class warfare and analyse this issue constructively, Otedola is a business man and hires more than 5,000 people while Tambuwal and Facrouk are partners in fraudulent intimation of a businessman who has intelligence to stop them from their "usual" corrupt enrichment. Let the court of law be a fair destination for justice of common man. Get that 250b Otes, and buy me a beer when u get it.

4 Likes

Re: Otedola Sues Tambuwal, Lawan For N250 Billion Damages by Nobody: 8:31am On Nov 09, 2012
Who has prosecutory powers? If you don't take case to court, how is it the problem of judiciary? Who appoints Director of public prosecution? Who controls the police, SSS? The executive is responsible for prosecution. Infact, AGF can take over a case completely.

That both Lawan and Otedola have not been charged is a big shame to Jonathan administration.
Re: Otedola Sues Tambuwal, Lawan For N250 Billion Damages by jmoore(m): 8:32am On Nov 09, 2012
Ile-Ife:
Why are some people saying Otedola should be charged with farouk? This is an obvious case of a racketeer extorting money from a business man. Otedola is not a politician, so i wonder where the idea that he is corrupt comes from.
so politicians are the only corrupt people in Nigeria? smh
Re: Otedola Sues Tambuwal, Lawan For N250 Billion Damages by wakiban(m): 8:36am On Nov 09, 2012
The fitters from Interior Home Designs of Rossendale cleaned up after themselves and left the place like new.

www.interiorhomedesignsofrossendale.com
Re: Otedola Sues Tambuwal, Lawan For N250 Billion Damages by spiritofutd: 8:40am On Nov 09, 2012
Area_boy:

more like, "lets give the dumb Nigerian masses something to distract them". knowing fully well no one will take that case serious. mtcheeww!! i'm gonna soon hate Nigeria (not like it bothers anyone anyway) undecided
[color=#006600][/color][right][/right][left][/left][quote][/quote] u said it urself! No one is bothered, jst another drop in d ocean....next jare
Re: Otedola Sues Tambuwal, Lawan For N250 Billion Damages by Nobody: 8:41am On Nov 09, 2012
Prof Corruption: Who has prosecutory powers? If you don't take case to court, how is it the problem of judiciary? Who appoints Director of public prosecution? Who controls the police, SSS? The executive is responsible for prosecution. Infact, AGF can take over a case completely.

That both Lawan and Otedola have not been charged is a big shame to Jonathan administration.
Its easy to blame GEJ for all the ills going on in the judiciary, aint it ? So GEJ should go against the constitutional guidelines of Rule of Law and Independence of the Judiciary ? Sometimes it pays to invest just 500 naira in a copy of The Constitution.
Re: Otedola Sues Tambuwal, Lawan For N250 Billion Damages by greaterlove(m): 8:41am On Nov 09, 2012
Like i have said earlier on previous posts related to this and will say now on this post, as far as this case is concerned Otedola is 100% right. you might hate him for whatever you think he has done in the past but on this issue he has farouk and tambuwal in the balls, on this issue you cant fault him except there are other facts we know not of. on the 250billion even otedola knows the court wont grant him that, they might settle for some few billions or even hundreds of millions if it goes in otedola favour. instead of calling otedola names we should encourage him on this court case to put this legislators in check because tomorrow it might be you that will be intimadated by an 'honorable'.
Re: Otedola Sues Tambuwal, Lawan For N250 Billion Damages by SamAfrik(m): 8:56am On Nov 09, 2012
greaterlove: Like i have said earlier on previous posts related to this and will say now on this post, as far as this case is concerned Otedola is 100% right. you might hate him for whatever you think he has done in the past but on this issue he has farouk and tambuwal in the balls, on this issue you cant fault him except there are other facts we know not of. on the 250billion even otedola knows the court wont grant him that, they might settle for some few billions or even hundreds of millions if it goes in otedola favour. instead of calling otedola names we should encourage him on this court case to put this legislators in check because tomorrow it might be you that will be intimadated by an 'honorable'.
Thank you for this comment. I find it hard to know why Nigerians tend to reason up-side-down. This is a clear case of extortion and misuse of power by an elected officer. Who video-taped the transaction & brought the case to public knowledge? Was it not the same accussed 'briber'?. Westrern press ( e.g. BBC) have been able to expose some corrupt officers e.g our high ranked FIFA official (name witheld) using same style as Mr. Otedola. It was even Farouk that approached Femi. What would Nigerians be saying if it was Femi that first approached the legislator?
Nigerians should be praising this man for standing against our corrupt politicians...not the other way round. All I'm asking is Nigeirans please lets think for once.

1 Like

Re: Otedola Sues Tambuwal, Lawan For N250 Billion Damages by mployer(m): 8:57am On Nov 09, 2012
Prof Corruption:
You are correct. But on a lighter note, are you not shocked that someone is suing for 250 billion naira? If half the cost is awarded, where on earth is that going to come from? Is Otedollar saying Tambuwal and Lawan are far more than 250 billion?

Anyway, both of them -Facrook and Otedollar are corrupt. The chairman of the Committee on Corruption is GEJ. Is it Subsidy funds, Malabu oil, Stock market probe, pension funds, Ribadu probe, or appointment of unqualified Patience as Perm Sec, etc ? Corruption can not fight corruption. GEJ is too corrupt to lift a finger against anyone. How can one even rationalize that Lawan has not been charged to court in a country where phone thieves are burnt to death? Naa arrangeee government we dey.
Another shallow mind being disracted by N250B the court has not granted. angry

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ambode Inaugurates Lagos State Independent Electoral Commission / Boko Haram: Five Feared Killed, Houses Burnt In Fresh Adamawa Attack / Court Stops Bipi From Parading As Speaker Of House Of Assembly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.