Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,949 members, 7,828,332 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 08:29 AM

There Are Many Gods, Not One God! (message To All Christian, Muslim And Heretic) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / There Are Many Gods, Not One God! (message To All Christian, Muslim And Heretic) (876 Views)

The False And Heretic Apocraphal Books Added To The Bible By Catholic Church. / Contending The False And Heretic Teachings By Obadiah777 / What Apostle Paul Had To Say About Tithes And Other Heretic Teachings (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

There Are Many Gods, Not One God! (message To All Christian, Muslim And Heretic) by PAGAN9JA(m): 10:13pm On Nov 09, 2012
Spirituality and the Spiritual Forces are an infinite concept. therefore there cannot be 1 God. THe Gods are infinite. there are many Gods. the reason why most of us Pagan religions followed by humans generally have a loosely specified number of many Gods, is because as humans we only consider those Spiritual Forces that affect our lives. ofcoure the reason why we pay more respects to the Supreme Creator Force/Supreme God, is because that is the origin of everything including other Gods. everything must have a begining. however the one cannot exist without the many , and vice versa.

For example, a farmer who wants rain will pray to the driving force of downpour , i.e, the Rain God, and not the Creator Force, or the Destructive force or any other such Gods.

even your ancestors are spiritual forces just as you are/will one day become a Spiritual force, though a small force in this great Universe. even the smallest of the small animal is/will become a spiritual force. however upon life it is bonded to your material body, as all spiritual realm has material reflection.

there is a force in anything and everything, good or bad, high or low, etc., and it is upto us to recognise and harness these powers.

[size=16pt] : ثنية شحادة [/size]
[size=16pt] نعم هناك العديد من الآلهة مثل ود، مناف، طي، الله، الكوم، ألعزى، هبل، وباقان النجا رسول الآلهة

{ Pagan shahadah (declaration of faith) : Yes there are many gods such as Wadd, Manaf, Tayy, Allah, Al Qaum, Al Uzza, Hubal, and Pagan Naija is the messenger of these Gods. }[/size]

Re: There Are Many Gods, Not One God! (message To All Christian, Muslim And Heretic) by vislabraye(m): 11:24pm On Nov 09, 2012
@poster: But there's a God of all gods.
Re: There Are Many Gods, Not One God! (message To All Christian, Muslim And Heretic) by PAGAN9JA(m): 11:26pm On Nov 09, 2012
you mean there is a Creator God of all Gods.

and there are many Gods. .
Re: There Are Many Gods, Not One God! (message To All Christian, Muslim And Heretic) by Nobody: 11:50pm On Nov 09, 2012
A big part of the problem is our use of the English term 'god' and 'gods' to describe these entities, including the Creator. In reality, there's no such thing as God or gods. Just powerful spirit beings. Powerful spirit intelligences. In Igbo the Creator is called Chukwu (Chi-ukwu) or Highest Spirit. There's no word for 'god' in Igbo, or any African language to my knowledge.

Once you rid yourself of the term 'god' and 'gods', you can easily appreciate that there MUST be a wide variety of powerful spirits on the Other Side, and in realms beyond ours etc etc, and that it's really not a big deal, since we ourselves are also of spirit and shall manifest as such upon our leaving the physical world.

1 Like

Re: There Are Many Gods, Not One God! (message To All Christian, Muslim And Heretic) by PAGAN9JA(m): 11:54pm On Nov 09, 2012
^^^^^^^^^^ ah you have raised an important issue. the point is that God or Spirit, both are english words and do not apply to our usage. also the word God has been misused by monotheists to refer to only 1 Supernatural being.

to avert the confusion, i use both Gods/spirits interchangeably. however people tend to take me more seriously when i use the word God, rathar than Spirit.
Re: There Are Many Gods, Not One God! (message To All Christian, Muslim And Heretic) by DevotedOne(m): 5:38pm On Nov 12, 2012
Bismillaah ir Rahmaan ir Rahiim In The Name of Allah, The All Compassionate, The All Merciful. As salaamu alaykum, Peace Be Upon You, everyone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&v=7uMUQWuq9XI&NR=1 The Power Behind the New World Order [many gods, etc.]

Salaam/Peace. DevotedOne
Re: There Are Many Gods, Not One God! (message To All Christian, Muslim And Heretic) by Nobody: 9:27pm On Nov 12, 2012
Op. Spirituality does not account for a multi-God. If these gods are infinite they cannot be real. Nothing real except God can be infinite.
The gods you are describing are not independent entities and yet they are infinite. Really? If individually, they're not capable of everything, how are they now capable of everlasting life?
Your arguement is faulty, you wrote of a multi-god but also believes in a supreme God. They don't follow.
More confusion.
If the one is supreme, he must have been the sources of the many others. Your arguement still doesnt add up.
Re: There Are Many Gods, Not One God! (message To All Christian, Muslim And Heretic) by PAGAN9JA(m): 1:46am On Nov 13, 2012
Reyginus: Op. Spirituality does not account for a multi-God. If these gods are infinite they cannot be real. Nothing real except God can be infinite.
The gods you are describing are not independent entities and yet they are infinite. Really? If individually, they're not capable of everything, how are they now capable of everlasting life?
Your arguement is faulty, you wrote of a multi-god but also believes in a supreme God. They don't follow.
More confusion.
If the one is supreme, he must have been the sources of the many others. Your argument still doesn't add up.

i also referred to the Spiritual Forces and the very concept of divinity. what do you mean they cannot be real. The Gods are above real. they are surreal.
The Gods are independent. you are confusing between the Creator Force and that of absolute control. the Creator force is just that which is everything that involves creation. there is no question here of the creator exercising absolute control over the the created forces.(here adequate research needs to be done. i am not sure whether the Creator force can create just material beings or Spiritual entities as well). Individually not capable of anything? we are not talking about humans here! the Gods are not humans. so there is no question of throwing doubt on everlasting existence. the forces cannot be destroyed. they are always conserved.
i don't understand whats faulty over here cant there be a first among equals the point is that as humans, we tend to be most devoted to the Creator force , because the first question that must have come to the human mind was, how did he end up here? and how did the things around him come into existence? this has led to the universal acceptance of the Creator Deity as the Supreme God-head and the origin point. to do something , we must know from where to begin. the point of origin.

true. the Supreme might be the source of many others. but then again, i said i reserve a few doubts if it is the source of other Spiritual forces as well. considerable research needs to be done on this matter. .
Re: There Are Many Gods, Not One God! (message To All Christian, Muslim And Heretic) by Nobody: 9:24am On Nov 13, 2012
PAGAN 9JA:

i also referred to the Spiritual Forces and the very concept of divinity. what do you mean they cannot be real. The Gods are above real. they are surreal.
The Gods are independent. you are confusing between the Creator Force and that of absolute control. the Creator force is just that which is everything that involves creation. there is no question here of the creator exercising absolute control over the the created forces.(here adequate research needs to be done. i am not sure whether the Creator force can create just material beings or Spiritual entities as well). Individually not capable of anything? we are not talking about humans here! the Gods are not humans. so there is no question of throwing doubt on everlasting existence. the forces cannot be destroyed. they are always conserved.
i don't understand whats faulty over here cant there be a first among equals the point is that as humans, we tend to be most devoted to the Creator force , because the first question that must have come to the human mind was, how did he end up here? and how did the things around him come into existence? this has led to the universal acceptance of the Creator Deity as the Supreme God-head and the origin point. to do something , we must know from where to begin. the point of origin.

true. the Supreme might be the source of many others. but then again, i said i reserve a few doubts if it is the source of other Spiritual forces as well. considerable research needs to be done on this matter. .
If the gods are real they can't be infinite. You can't have it both ways.
They didnt just appear from a vacuum flunctuation, they must have come from a single uncaused cause.
What you refer to as gods, are angels of darkness that seceeded with the devil to the place he is now.
No i'm not confusing a 'creator force' and absolute control. You failed to realize that for your gods to be independent, they must have absolute control.
First among equals? Good. You nailed yourself again. The first among equals is the most supreme. If it is, why among equals?

(1) (Reply)

Papa Oyedepo Rolling Like A Rock Star. Give Way For The Boss. / Inspiring Ibo wallpapers i found / Chances Are, You And Your Family Will Wind Up In Hell!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.