Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,653 members, 7,816,678 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:01 PM

Girls Did You Wear This Sandal To School? - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Girls Did You Wear This Sandal To School? (21208 Views)

Nursery School In Calabar Flogs Parents For Bringing Their Kids Late To School / The Risk Students Take In Warri To Get To School (Photo) / How Do You Wear Your Bag (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Girls Did You Wear This Sandal To School? by freecocoa(f): 9:20am On Nov 10, 2012
Clemzy16: Then you were not born in our generation!
See this 14 years old boy o.
C'mon clear make I see road
Athink you no know your mate again?nansense.
Re: Girls Did You Wear This Sandal To School? by sashaa(f): 9:20am On Nov 10, 2012
Sashd: I do remember having 1 of dat sandal in my junior class bt senior class!!!things changed..basket dats wat ts kald :DI do remember having 1 of dat sandal in my junior class bt senior class!!!things changed..basket dats wat ts kald
exactly.
Wore it in my junior days. For senior classes, it was 'leather' all d way
Re: Girls Did You Wear This Sandal To School? by Nobody: 9:24am On Nov 10, 2012
Clemzy16: Nd e go carry all the dust mak dey sahara-desert before dem com bak from skul?! Anyways, i think it was called "Rubber Sandals."

No b small dust º°˚!
And if u wear a new one w/o socks, ure in trouble. It'll definitely tear u somewhere.
Re: Girls Did You Wear This Sandal To School? by Nobody: 9:24am On Nov 10, 2012
I remember wearing cortina and bata shoes not sandals..
Re: Girls Did You Wear This Sandal To School? by firestar(f): 9:35am On Nov 10, 2012
It was called "Look/Luk".
That reigned well as "Bata" and "Kito".
Rubber sandals for Rain season, leather for Hamattan.

How time flies. This ought to be in the museum. tongue
Re: Girls Did You Wear This Sandal To School? by Jarus(m): 9:38am On Nov 10, 2012
Yay, na this bata be this! Long time
Re: Girls Did You Wear This Sandal To School? by eseosa77(m): 9:52am On Nov 10, 2012
loooooooooool my sister wore this sandal in her secondary school days,back in early 90s.any gul wey no wear this sandal dat year no join at alll,it was d in thing dat year.
Re: Girls Did You Wear This Sandal To School? by mcevans1(m): 9:55am On Nov 10, 2012
Clemzy16: Nd e go carry all the dust mak dey sahara-desert before dem com bak from skul?! Anyways, i think it was called "Rubber Sandals."

LWKMD. grin grin
Re: Girls Did You Wear This Sandal To School? by MMM2(m): 10:02am On Nov 10, 2012
Is dat a sandal or scrape
Re: Girls Did You Wear This Sandal To School? by Ninilowo(m): 10:05am On Nov 10, 2012
The sandals make me remember RAFIYA. She go wear them come dey shake yansh like say tomoro no dey grin

1 Like

Re: Girls Did You Wear This Sandal To School? by Nobody: 10:05am On Nov 10, 2012
Ariyke: Was it nt luke?
It was
Re: Girls Did You Wear This Sandal To School? by zeefa: 10:11am On Nov 10, 2012
freecocoa: I didn't wear it
Neither do I remember seeing anyone who did.
I wore black flat shoes or snickers in my own time.

No wonder u talk like a kid! Leave your elder sisters n brothers to comment on this trend abeg! May be som1 wld post d ones meant for your tym! Ajepako weh de act like Ajebo!

1 Like

Re: Girls Did You Wear This Sandal To School? by aieromon(m): 10:12am On Nov 10, 2012
This was the reigning sandals for senior secondary school girls. It was like a ritual in my school because it signified that your status had changed I.e from pinafore to tight a$$ skirts.
Re: Girls Did You Wear This Sandal To School? by ochukoccna: 10:23am On Nov 10, 2012
Ain't nothing like the old schooltongue tongue
Too bad camera phones were not around then to help us capture stuff like this wink wink
Re: Girls Did You Wear This Sandal To School? by AkpuNku2: 10:24am On Nov 10, 2012
what about this for men, Yoyogi shoes

Re: Girls Did You Wear This Sandal To School? by meerkat(m): 10:30am On Nov 10, 2012
zeefa:

No wonder u talk like a kid! Leave your elder sisters n brothers to comment on this trend abeg! May be som1 wld post d ones meant for your tym! Ajepako weh de act like Ajebo!

hahahahahahaha grin grin grin grin grin grin bros sofri o
Re: Girls Did You Wear This Sandal To School? by omakay(m): 10:30am On Nov 10, 2012
Remii: cortina sandal was more popular
That is a BIRKENSTOCK sandal not CORTINA!!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Girls Did You Wear This Sandal To School? by Clemzy16(m): 10:31am On Nov 10, 2012
freecocoa: See this 14 years old boy o.
C'mon clear make I see road
Athink you no know your mate again?nansense.
Abeg! No vex. I was only putting you where you belong. Anyways, i'm not 14yrs old. Just so you know.
Re: Girls Did You Wear This Sandal To School? by kcreal(f): 10:32am On Nov 10, 2012
That's Look, every student at Imerienwe Girls worn it then.
Re: Girls Did You Wear This Sandal To School? by skullzflex(m): 10:37am On Nov 10, 2012
zeefa:

Chei..u harsh ooh
Re: Girls Did You Wear This Sandal To School? by Ishilove: 10:49am On Nov 10, 2012
The girls in my school called it 'pineapple' not basket shoes. I remember back in Junior high I wanted the shoes so badly, but Mum for some reason I can't phantom refused to buy it for me. Instead she went for one shoe they called 'molla kuli ajo'. Very solid cover shoe with laces. I wore it for two years before it scattered on my feet.

1 Like

Re: Girls Did You Wear This Sandal To School? by okpara83: 10:51am On Nov 10, 2012
there is one called stand well well do you guys still remember
Re: Girls Did You Wear This Sandal To School? by Diamonddamsel: 10:55am On Nov 10, 2012
Was called BASKET in my time.Was so fine with white socks.
Re: Girls Did You Wear This Sandal To School? by othenok(f): 11:06am On Nov 10, 2012
irongate jnr: they cald that bata in d souteast then, if u hv nt worn it,then ur teen age hasnt begun yet.
Diff shape though

Nope! Thats not Bata. This was known as "Basket Shoe" then. Bata was leather while this was rubber.
Re: Girls Did You Wear This Sandal To School? by temmydude: 11:07am On Nov 10, 2012
If my memory serves me right, "Shaba" should be the name. That was the reigning sandals for both the rich and poor way back in 1991 & 1992. A few of my female friends wore it few months before we graduated from High School then. My mama bought me "stand well well" then, but i just never wore it.
Re: Girls Did You Wear This Sandal To School? by nwa4me(f): 11:16am On Nov 10, 2012
i did not bt almost all †ђξ girls in ♍Ɣ school had dem,it luks very beautiful in white stuckings dat we use den
Re: Girls Did You Wear This Sandal To School? by GidiMovies(m): 11:26am On Nov 10, 2012
Its called kito rubber...if U̶̲̥̅̊ take am waka for dusty road U̶̲̥̅̊ go be like bedouin from algeria

2 Likes

Re: Girls Did You Wear This Sandal To School? by Leadn(m): 11:54am On Nov 10, 2012
freecocoa: I didn't wear it
Neither do I remember seeing anyone who did.
I wore black flat shoes or snickers in my own time.

I guess yu finished sec school 2012 undecided
Re: Girls Did You Wear This Sandal To School? by Tinynita(f): 12:02pm On Nov 10, 2012
Didnt wear it bt i liked it then...my skul only allowed kito nd cortina back then
Re: Girls Did You Wear This Sandal To School? by babe4chi(f): 12:27pm On Nov 10, 2012
I wore dis sandals bk den in junior secondary.... Na basket sandal we dey call am den. If u neva wear dat sandal,u neva b big girl den... Lol
Re: Girls Did You Wear This Sandal To School? by tonygee1(m): 12:29pm On Nov 10, 2012
it is called basket sandal it was once very popular
Re: Girls Did You Wear This Sandal To School? by xreal: 12:40pm On Nov 10, 2012
woow!

It was called 'LOOK'. I sure remember.
My sis did wear this in her secondary school days.

This pic reminds me of how beautiful my school girls were back then.
This sandal on a clean white socks looked good.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

N.D.A 2016/2017 (68th Regular Course)aspirants Lets Neet Here / The Euphoria of CGPA and the Illusion of Success / Government Owned Schools In Lagos With Boarding Facilities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.