Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,237 members, 7,818,794 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:54 AM

Man Beats Up Granny (71) Over Groundnuts - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Man Beats Up Granny (71) Over Groundnuts (1394 Views)

Video: Wife Storms Place Of Worship, Beats Up Imam Hubby / Popular Fuji Artist Alhaji Sule Alao Malaika And His Band Beats Up Funaabite. / Granny, 2 Others Nabbed For Using Boy For Pepper-soup (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Beats Up Granny (71) Over Groundnuts by drejunior: 11:04pm On Nov 10, 2012
A 23-YEAR-OLD man from Mphoengs in Mangwe District has been ordered to do 210 hours of community service for beating up his grandmother over groundnuts.

The grandmother, Mrs Flatha Ncube, is 71 years old.

Bhekinkosi Ncube, who resides at Bhulu Village near the border with Botswana was initially sentenced to nine months in prison.

He escaped the agony of jail life after the magistrate suspended the sentence.

Mr Livard Philemon, sitting at the Plumtree Magistrates' Court suspended three years of the sentence on condition that Ncube does not commit a similar offence within five years.

The remaining six months were suspended on condition he completes the 210 hours of community service at Ingwizi Clinic.

The State's case was that on an unknown date to the court, Mrs Ncube visited a relative in a neighbouring village.

While she was away, Ncube entered the granary and took a cup full of groundnuts, which were reserved as seed for planting.

He roasted and ate them.

On her return, Mrs Ncube was told by another grandson that Ncube had roasted and eaten the groundnuts.

She asked Ncube about the issue but that did not go down well with him.

Ncube then picked a log and hit his grandmother once on the hand, thereby injuring her finger and once on the shoulder, which dislocated.

The matter was reported to the police leading to the arrest of Ncube.

Mrs Ncube was referred to St Anne's Brunaperg Hospital and a medical report showed that she sustained serious injuries.

MR Paul Mpofu represented the State.
Re: Man Beats Up Granny (71) Over Groundnuts by tpia1: 11:11pm On Nov 10, 2012
hmm, thought it must be a nler, from the thread title.

a lot of those types abound here.

asocial criminals.
Re: Man Beats Up Granny (71) Over Groundnuts by drejunior: 11:33pm On Nov 10, 2012
tpia1: hmm, thought it must be a nler, from the thread title.

a lot of those types abound here.

asocial criminals.
don't get u
Re: Man Beats Up Granny (71) Over Groundnuts by tpia1: 12:35am On Nov 11, 2012
the ones who magnify everything ad nauseum.
Re: Man Beats Up Granny (71) Over Groundnuts by emorse(m): 12:53am On Nov 11, 2012
I couldn't help laughing. Imagine how the whole thing must have started.
Guy- "grandma, I go wound you o. Shey na because of ordinary groundnut you dey call me thief? Try am again first if I no go whip you with this stick."
grandma-"ehen?! You thief my groundnut finish, you still wan kill me on top. You must kill me today o. You this thief!"
She for no call am second time o. Lol

1 Like

Re: Man Beats Up Granny (71) Over Groundnuts by Mynd44: 7:19am On Nov 11, 2012
This is some seriously unfortunate shît
Re: Man Beats Up Granny (71) Over Groundnuts by drejunior: 3:23pm On Nov 11, 2012
Beating up grandma is like beating Τ̲̅ђε̲ dead lol
Re: Man Beats Up Granny (71) Over Groundnuts by Mynd44: 3:28pm On Nov 11, 2012
dre junior: Beating up grandma is like beating Τ̲̅ђε̲ dead lol
Except you might just make the grandma dead
Re: Man Beats Up Granny (71) Over Groundnuts by Rocktation(f): 8:36am On Nov 12, 2012
dre junior: A 23-YEAR-OLD man from Mphoengs in Mangwe District has been ordered to do 210 hours of community service for beating up his grandmother over groundnuts.

...so the assault would have been justified, had it been over something a little more tangible. Like a mango or...
Re: Man Beats Up Granny (71) Over Groundnuts by 19naia(m): 8:17pm On Nov 12, 2012
i knew one guy in NAija his nick name as "EPA"; and when we saw his jaw muscles grinding down on the stuff as he made "that look" with his eyes,you knew he was about claiming his power over all people in the land..I never knew it would escalate to him abuseing his mother..Did she ever abuse him so much??
Re: Man Beats Up Granny (71) Over Groundnuts by Mynd44: 9:40pm On Nov 12, 2012
Rocktation:

...so the assault would have been justified, had it been over something a little more tangible. Like a mango or...
No it would have not been. I guessthat was to present a better picture
Re: Man Beats Up Granny (71) Over Groundnuts by Mynd44: 9:42pm On Nov 12, 2012
19naia: i knew one guy in NAija his nick name as "EPA"; and when we saw his jaw muscles grinding down on the stuff as he made "that look" with his eyes,you knew he was about claiming his power over all people in the land..I never knew it would escalate to him abuseing his mother..Did she ever abuse him so much??
Its not about the woman. The guy is just an ärsehole
Re: Man Beats Up Granny (71) Over Groundnuts by Rocktation(f): 10:43pm On Nov 12, 2012
Mynd_44:
No it would have not been. I guessthat was to present a better picture

You knew I was just punking right? Thanks though.
Re: Man Beats Up Granny (71) Over Groundnuts by Mynd44: 10:52pm On Nov 12, 2012
Rocktation:

You knew I was just punking right? Thanks though.
I knew you were
Re: Man Beats Up Granny (71) Over Groundnuts by drejunior: 11:22pm On Nov 13, 2012
Actaully na only jobless pple d̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ chop ground nut grin

(1) (Reply)

Girl Raped & Tortured To Death With A Huge Wood In Her Private Part. (VIEWER DES / Just In: Favour Odozor Is Not Nigeria’s Youngest Commercial Flying Pilot! / 10 Ways We Discriminate Against The Male Gender

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.