Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,733 members, 7,817,016 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:03 PM

Fashola Flags Off Lagos Sea Food Festival - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola Flags Off Lagos Sea Food Festival (4902 Views)

Fashola Flags Off Solar Power Prpject...pics.... / Fashola Inspecting Roasted Plantain At Sea-food Festival / Fashola Flags Off New Lagos Route (yaba-iddo-oyingbo) pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fashola Flags Off Lagos Sea Food Festival by EkoAtlantic2(f): 6:14am On Nov 11, 2012
Lagos State Governor, Mr Babatunde Fashola (SAN)  on Saturday flagged off the first ever Lagos Sea Food Festival, describing it as an opportunity to showcase the enormous entrepreneurship, hardwork and resourcefulness of the people who live in the coastal areas.

The Governor who spoke at the Eko Atlantic City Beachfront in Victoria Island venue of the event which had in attendance participants in the Kuramo Conference 2012 and other notables including the First Lady, Dame Emmanuella Abimbola Fashola, traditional rulers and exhibitors said the seafood festival would be an opportunity to promote what is indigenous.

He wondered why residents of Lagos despite their closeness to the coastline and prevalence of fresh fish and seafood still prefer to eat frozen foods, stressing that Lagosians should promote what is their own.

“This Food festival will showcase the enormous opportunities and unlock the treasure box of 180 kilometres of  Atlantic water, our lagoons and creeks which nature has invested in Lagos but which we are yet to optimize”, he added.

The Governor said in coastal areas like Ibeju Lekki, Epe, Eti Osa  and Badagry, there are people who for generations have depended on the natural resources that water provides for Lagos to make a living, adding that the festival is aimed at showcasing them.

Governor Fashola said the timing of the Sea food festival to coincide with the ongoing Kuramo Conference Lagos 2012 is not an accident but one which was debated and decided upon by the members of the State Executive Council to showcase the rural areas in the State.

He explained that it was no accident that during his address at the opening ceremony of the Kuramo Conference 2012, he spoke about how Africa must unlock the opportunities which currently are not available to children of Cote D’ivoire  thus leading to a situation where the country produces cocoa but her children do not know what chocolates tastes like.

The Governor noted that the Lagos Sea Food Festival is being linked with Kuramo because the present administration believes that the exportation of local Nigerian and African cuisines would be one of the milestones that would be recorded and exported to the world in a short while.

Governor Fashola expressed happiness that the festival has also provided opportunities to creative young people who have various items such as local ovens which could be used to smoke the sea foods and exhibited at the festival.

He added that the present administration in Lagos State is very passionate about the exposure of the potentials of the business in seafoods, adding that what is happening at the festival should be what happens on the various beachfronts.

The Governor said for a country like Nigeria, the promotion and encouragement of sea foods business and its economy should be what life away from oil should be.

Earlier, The State Commissioner for Agriculture and Cooperatives, Prince Gbolahan Lawal in an address of welcome said the Lagos Seafood Festival is aimed at showcasing what the local population have and can do.

He added that it would also be an opportunity for the various participants, exhibitors and visitors to the festival to network and expand the frontiers of their businesses.

The Festival was attended by participants at the Kuramo Conference Lagos 2012, traditional rulers, fish entrepreneurs and members of the State Executive Council. It featured exhibitions from various providers of delicacies made from sea foods.

http://www.worldstagegroup.com/worldstagenew/index.php?active=news&newscid=6649&catid=2

1 Like

Re: Fashola Flags Off Lagos Sea Food Festival by EkoAtlantic2(f): 6:16am On Nov 11, 2012
Eko oni baje, never cool

Why always Lagos?!
You've got a problem with Lagos?! Find the shortest cut to your village grin cheesy grin

8 Likes

Re: Fashola Flags Off Lagos Sea Food Festival by EkoAtlantic2(f): 6:28am On Nov 11, 2012
I forgot
Eko and Yoruber oni baje, never cool

4 Likes

Re: Fashola Flags Off Lagos Sea Food Festival by NegroNtns(m): 6:38am On Nov 11, 2012
...what happened to oko aje festival? It used to hold from Kuramo to Ebute Elefun. Will it be resuscitated?
Re: Fashola Flags Off Lagos Sea Food Festival by Burger01(m): 6:53am On Nov 11, 2012
Correct.. Kai, he for fix the festival for December na.. Well, Eko o ni baje, o baje ti..

3 Likes

Re: Fashola Flags Off Lagos Sea Food Festival by geeez: 6:54am On Nov 11, 2012

Eko O Ni Baje

Yorubaland O Ni baje!

For all those wishing Lagos and Yoruba land evil, the land will not work for you insha Allah and In Jesus name. Amen

3 Likes

Re: Fashola Flags Off Lagos Sea Food Festival by EkoAtlantic2(f): 6:57am On Nov 11, 2012
geeez:

Eko O Ni Baje

Yorubaland O Ni baje!

For all those wishing Lagos and Yoruba land evil, the land will not work for you insha Allah and In Jesus name. Amen

You forgot Obatala grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Flags Off Lagos Sea Food Festival by onyx79(m): 6:58am On Nov 11, 2012
Eko Atlantic*:
Eko oni baje, never cool

Why always Lagos?!
You've got a problem with Lagos?! Find the shortest cut to your village grin cheesy grin
With comments like this, I know how big your mind is. And how small your brain is. Good timing for the Seafood festival, you could do with a few more fishbrains.
Re: Fashola Flags Off Lagos Sea Food Festival by Burger01(m): 7:00am On Nov 11, 2012
Eko Atlantic*:

You forgot Obatala grin grin
What of Sango?... *Yawns* Good morning Nairaland.
Re: Fashola Flags Off Lagos Sea Food Festival by Burger01(m): 7:02am On Nov 11, 2012
onyx79:
With comments like this, I know how big your mind is. And how small your brain is. Good timing for the Seafood festival, you could do with a few more fishbrains.
Can't we make comments without side jabs?
Re: Fashola Flags Off Lagos Sea Food Festival by Nobody: 7:02am On Nov 11, 2012
Lagos and Yoruba land can always get better and of course more peaceful to attract the best....

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Flags Off Lagos Sea Food Festival by EkoAtlantic2(f): 7:11am On Nov 11, 2012
onyx79:

Na wetin go strike you be this
Burger01:
What of Sango?...

3 Likes

Re: Fashola Flags Off Lagos Sea Food Festival by Mankind8(m): 7:11am On Nov 11, 2012
Eku odun omi o... @Fashola
Re: Fashola Flags Off Lagos Sea Food Festival by seedord247(m): 7:11am On Nov 11, 2012
onyx79:

If i were you, i'd just ignore his comment and move on with my comment
Re: Fashola Flags Off Lagos Sea Food Festival by Burger01(m): 7:16am On Nov 11, 2012
@Atlantic, that's right for the haters.. You cracked me up in this cold. Eko o ni baje o, o boje ti...

1 Like

Re: Fashola Flags Off Lagos Sea Food Festival by dridowu: 7:18am On Nov 11, 2012
Whooever plan to spoil LAGOS, GOD will scatter their life

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Flags Off Lagos Sea Food Festival by newacca: 7:21am On Nov 11, 2012
Cool one cool Me like fish oooo no be small grin FRESH ONE wink

3 Likes

Re: Fashola Flags Off Lagos Sea Food Festival by Nobody: 7:46am On Nov 11, 2012
I must visit this festival today......
Re: Fashola Flags Off Lagos Sea Food Festival by trigar12(m): 7:52am On Nov 11, 2012
The HATERS never comment o, guess THE PROGRESS OF LAGOS STILL DEY SHOCK THEM
Re: Fashola Flags Off Lagos Sea Food Festival by JideTheBlogger(m): 8:02am On Nov 11, 2012
Have u tried drinking garri with this kind of fish?

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Flags Off Lagos Sea Food Festival by Nobody: 8:12am On Nov 11, 2012
trigar12: The HATERS never comment o, guess THE PROGRESS OF LAGOS STILL DEY SHOCK THEM

They are not needed on this thread..
Re: Fashola Flags Off Lagos Sea Food Festival by PeterKbaba: 8:34am On Nov 11, 2012
I need me some nice pepper soup fish
Re: Fashola Flags Off Lagos Sea Food Festival by stpat1(m): 8:41am On Nov 11, 2012
Sometimes I wonder why its the immigrants that are in Lagos that are always quick to make ethnically biased comments. Real lagosians do not beef other citizens and we are very accommodating. So please all these Yoruba coalition trying to paint lagosians as proud people, pls talk about your state and don't because you are Yoruba you are automatically Lagosian.

Eko Atlantic where are you from in Lagos? Trigar12 what about you? Burger01 you nko?

Eko O nibaje O

6 Likes

Re: Fashola Flags Off Lagos Sea Food Festival by ifyalways(f): 8:55am On Nov 11, 2012
Bought some really nice fresh prawns and fish at dirt cheap price there yesterday.

Probably going back for more.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Flags Off Lagos Sea Food Festival by Burger01(m): 9:10am On Nov 11, 2012
stpat1: Sometimes I wonder why its the immigrants that are in Lagos that are always quick to make ethnically biased comments. Real lagosians do not beef other citizens and we are very accommodating. So please all these Yoruba coalition trying to paint lagosians as proud people, pls talk about your state and don't because you are Yoruba you are automatically Lagosian.

Eko Atlantic where are you from in Lagos? Trigar12 what about you? Burger01 you nko?

Eko O nibaje O
Don't bother about where I am from in Lagos. This thread can't contain the details. One sure thing, was born, bread, riced, watered and buttered in Lagos. What else?... I beg Eko o ni baje, o baje ti... Egun to koko jo.....
Re: Fashola Flags Off Lagos Sea Food Festival by NegroNtns(m): 9:37am On Nov 11, 2012
stpat1: Sometimes I wonder why its the immigrants that are in Lagos that are always quick to make ethnically biased comments. Real lagosians do not beef other citizens and we are very accommodating. So please all these Yoruba coalition trying to paint lagosians as proud people, pls talk about your state and don't because you are Yoruba you are automatically Lagosian.

Eko O nibaje O

Why dont you lead? Which ward did you come out of, list both sides..

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Flags Off Lagos Sea Food Festival by 190theclown: 9:46am On Nov 11, 2012
Where is this lagos.
Re: Fashola Flags Off Lagos Sea Food Festival by EkoIle1: 9:50am On Nov 11, 2012
190-the-clown:
Where is this lagos.

Eko Atlantic City Beachfront in Victoria Island venue of the event...
Re: Fashola Flags Off Lagos Sea Food Festival by Sagytarius(m): 10:29am On Nov 11, 2012
The Table looks so unkempt. Lets be orderly for once na.
Re: Fashola Flags Off Lagos Sea Food Festival by bobosydney: 11:00am On Nov 11, 2012
Eko for life , Eko for show and Eko oni baje . All Okoro's who don't like our Lagos or complain of our development can go back to their jungle village and start doing the kidnapping and Arm robbery. Fashola will soon deport you back to your village before the end of 2015. cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Fashola Flags Off Lagos Sea Food Festival by Nobody: 11:04am On Nov 11, 2012
Very dynamic move by the Lagos govt. We need more of these types of initiatives across the country.

(1) (2) (Reply)

ORTOMATIC: Profile Of Benue Governor-elect, Samuel Ortom / Crude Oil Imminent Fall The End Of Biafra Agitation / Photos: Kano Girl With No Limbs Carried In A Bowl Gets Wheelchair Gift

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.