Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,904 members, 7,821,145 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:55 AM

Bloggers How Much Do You Make A Month. - Webmasters (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Bloggers How Much Do You Make A Month. (14668 Views)

Dear Bloggers, How Do You Get Pictures? / Bloggers, How Much Do You Make From Google Adsense Monthly? / Dear Bloggers, How Do I Improve My Alexa Ranking? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bloggers How Much Do You Make A Month. by icez: 2:37pm On Nov 16, 2012
tongue tongue
Re: Bloggers How Much Do You Make A Month. by godlovesemmy: 2:57pm On Nov 16, 2012
WITHOUT MINCING WORDS, I THINK THIS IS ONE OF THE DISCUSSIONS I HAVE LEARNED FROM THE MOST. THANKS TO ALL THOSE WHO CONTRIBUTED POSITIVELY TO THIS DISCUSSION
Re: Bloggers How Much Do You Make A Month. by trendystuf(f): 2:57pm On Nov 16, 2012
I have been blogging for about a year! I must say it's not an easy Job. You have to be alert always. I was banned by adsense by reasons known to them, so not using adsense but third party. I make something reasonable, not as much I would love to, but am getting there.

My blog: http://trendysturvs..com

1 Like

Re: Bloggers How Much Do You Make A Month. by goldennugget: 2:58pm On Nov 16, 2012
nex: Well, I'm not a blogger, at least not in the sense which every Nigerian has now become a blogger. I have a blog, but it is actually my own personal weBLOG. I rarely share it. I'm a microblogger though, and a Social Media Marketer. I make an average of N100,000/month tweeting as @Bar_Baric for various Nigerian brands, and in the month of my highest earnings, which I had a deal with Nigeria Breweries, I made up to N600,000 that month alone (July 20012).

Aside from that, most bloggers exaggerate the amount they make from blogging. Ask them for their tax receipts, that's when they'll start sweating. No Nigerian blogger makes millions from blogging! None! Don't be deceived into giving up your day job please!

I find this difficult to believe. Certainly LindaIkeji and BellaNaija would be making on the low-side of seven figures (in naira) annually

http://www.tinyqualityhomes.org/lovely-japanese-like-tiny-house/
Re: Bloggers How Much Do You Make A Month. by goldennugget: 3:08pm On Nov 16, 2012
Another problem with nigerian bloggers is that a majority of them use blogger's as their blogging platform. The thing is blogger has two major problems;
1)SEO: Blogger is terribly SEO optimized. The chances for your blog to rank high on google when you use blogger is low.

2)Bad perception: When a person is using blogger , it does not make you look like a person serious about your blog. Just imagine TechCrunch..com or HuffingtonPost..com; those don't sound right.
http://www.tinyqualityhomes.org/tiny-house-canada-tiny-house-with-modern-rustic-look/
Re: Bloggers How Much Do You Make A Month. by Decryptor(m): 3:16pm On Nov 16, 2012
Anyone reading this and thinking of making money from adsense, rethink again! Those guys in Google Adsense will frustrate you. when they find out that you are getting alot of traffic in your blog, they'll snap ur account without warning. I was making around 5euros per month with my blog but when i enhanced my traffic with keywords, my earnings skyrocketed to about 80-90(on some gud days) over 100euros per day, they disabled my account for no good reason. Monetising ur site is the only secret 4 online sucess
Re: Bloggers How Much Do You Make A Month. by Donawoite(m): 3:30pm On Nov 16, 2012
goldenval:

Go to flippa.com that's where bloggers sell their sites! Thanks
But u know flippa.com accept Paypal Which u can't use in Nigeria. how did dey pay u?
Re: Bloggers How Much Do You Make A Month. by Revolva(m): 3:55pm On Nov 16, 2012
Adsense bann me when I wan collect my 100usd sha since then I hate dem. Am now tryin ma hands on adbrite but they sais I need to have a domain name not a free blogger and I will try cpa affiliates. Pls dats ma blog under my signature mak e una helep me o
Re: Bloggers How Much Do You Make A Month. by ajetunblog(m): 4:07pm On Nov 16, 2012
For now,am not making any money,am not after money though..i have been blogging for more than 4 month now

My blog rank on alexa.com was 11 million plus before but now its 3 million plus

You can check my blog http://ajetun..com
Re: Bloggers How Much Do You Make A Month. by Chief06: 4:09pm On Nov 16, 2012
Interesting Discussion.

Bear in mind for monetization, metric to use is:

Content
Traffic Source
Page Views

Rule of thumb, for every 1,000 visitors you have you can expect to make $2-5 from Adsense. Of course if you sell links, advertising directly, etc, you'll make more.

Adsense bans folks for violating Adsense TOS, you don't violate it you don't get banned. It's quite simply

Incidentally, If you have a social themed site adsense pays out less than if you have a tech or finance based site. My company has about 200+ sites, and I've been in the industry for close to a decade. So ask questions, I'll answer to the best of my ability.

http://www.15past8.com

3 Likes

Re: Bloggers How Much Do You Make A Month. by JideTheBlogger(m): 4:17pm On Nov 16, 2012
nex: Well, I'm not a blogger, at least not in the sense which every Nigerian has now become a blogger. I have a blog, but it is actually my own personal weBLOG. I rarely share it. I'm a microblogger though, and a Social Media Marketer. I make an average of N100,000/month tweeting as @Bar_Baric for various Nigerian brands, and in the month of my highest earnings, which I had a deal with Nigeria Breweries, I made up to N600,000 that month alone (July 20012).

Aside from that, most bloggers exaggerate the amount they make from blogging. Ask them for their tax receipts, that's when they'll start sweating. No Nigerian blogger makes millions from blogging! None! Don't be deceived into giving up your day job please!

If you are not making millions from blogging, then dont makesuch conclusions. Ok?

I am making millions from blogging, even from Google adsense alone. I can show u my account if we meet one on one, though have started blogging since 2008.

2 Likes

Re: Bloggers How Much Do You Make A Month. by goldenval(m): 4:32pm On Nov 16, 2012
Donawoite:
But u know flippa.com accept Paypal Which u can't use in Nigeria. how did dey pay u?
I use my zenith bank master card to make the payments there. Please when listing your site there, you must show earning proof and traffic stats etc before interested buyers will start contacting you. Thanks.
Re: Bloggers How Much Do You Make A Month. by Nobody: 4:53pm On Nov 16, 2012
Trendy, u never told me u were banned by adsense, I know why, meanwhile, your blog makes sense, just similar to linda ikeji, and believe me u will soon hit it too I am serious, be patient and keep working hard okay?
trendystuf: I have been blogging for about a year! I must say it's not an easy Job. You have to be alert always. I was banned by adsense by reasons known to them, so not using adsense but third party. I make something reasonable, not as much I would love to, but am getting there.

My blog: http://trendysturvs..com
Re: Bloggers How Much Do You Make A Month. by kaydkay(m): 5:02pm On Nov 16, 2012
Making money from blogging is not as easy as pple paint it to be.
I have bin blogging (tho not seriously) since 2008 and have only just made 370usd
. I have also bin warned several by adsense 4 violating TOS
Re: Bloggers How Much Do You Make A Month. by Nobody: 5:39pm On Nov 16, 2012
Alright like i stated before how much make from my adsense, i am still not going to give out details to my site because this thread, i am very sure is already ranking on the google search engine.

But all i can say to your guys is that I am still leaving off Google's weakness... You cant buy traffic for your adsense leaving the traffic bare. Your click-thru rate will go off the ceiling and Google will notice that then ban you. Even when i send traffic to my website, i limit the click-thru rate. Any click-thru rate above 10% of you traffic will get Google staff to ban you immediately or soon.

I spread the Click-thrus over the week. I also use high paying keywords for my adsense site. Trust me i blank the referal traffic so i come out clean. Made some couple withdrawals and got banned. I have two adsense account now and doing the same thing on one. When I hit $1000 i wil withdraw it. I am being patient.

Talking about click-thrus, if for instance you have 300visits on your site, it is expected by Google that you get at most 30 clicks or less on the adsense. Anything more will cost you your account.

If you use high paying keywords like say $1.50 or more per click, 30 clicks will get you $45 per day and that multiplied by 30days is $1,350. So easy.

So the point is this:

- Buy traffic

- Blank your traffic source

- Monitor your clickthru rate

- Look for a way to make sure there are clicks (most importantly.)

This is how far i can give out my secret. I can't reveal everything I do.

I hope you have learnt it. Everything has to do with understanding.

Thanks.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bloggers How Much Do You Make A Month. by aadetoyin(f): 5:39pm On Nov 16, 2012
Dis one na JAMB question. Its beta to blog cos u enjoy it not because u want to make money. And gettin approved on adsense is not easy. Ve been tryin that for a while.
Anyway, its not easy to make money off blogging cos almost anyone that has a laptop and modem now blogs. So I feel if u wanna blog, do it cos u enjoy it maybe money will come thru it later.

1 Like

Re: Bloggers How Much Do You Make A Month. by Abujafood: 6:01pm On Nov 16, 2012

How many tweets did you do for NB for that amount?
Re: Bloggers How Much Do You Make A Month. by Revolva(m): 6:21pm On Nov 16, 2012
Well you guys should help me out what best adsense package apart from google which has over banned me - I just included Chitika on my site and signed up for hotels affiliates ave been a publisher for addynamo but na wa o no earnings pls a guru should visit my site its on ma signature ok

1 Like

Re: Bloggers How Much Do You Make A Month. by mavtrevor(m): 7:33pm On Nov 16, 2012
Seriously i think this is an unnecessary question as no blogger will really tell you how much he earns....and note earning from blogging is not via adsense alone, i have paid posts that cost as much as $65 on my blog. Imagine you get 5 of it in a month plus you adsense, you may be earning comparatively with someone who is working in an office somewhere and yet it doesn't stop you from working.
Re: Bloggers How Much Do You Make A Month. by NEROSKY(m): 8:08pm On Nov 16, 2012
aadetoyin: Dis one na JAMB question. Its beta to blog cos u enjoy it not because u want to make money. And gettin approved on adsense is not easy. Ve been tryin that for a while.
Anyway, its not easy to make money off blogging cos almost anyone that has a laptop and modem now blogs. So I feel if u wanna blog, do it cos u enjoy it maybe money will come thru it later.
thats the kinda comment google ad team want to hear.. I applied almost 7times b4 getting approved, and my earning has been diminishing all day, even when i have got lot traffic..Anyway, jst pm 2 giv u some clue on getin the adsense approvd, buh am nt xpert...#jsttrynabefrndly
Re: Bloggers How Much Do You Make A Month. by Nobody: 10:42pm On Nov 16, 2012
I got banned on adsense for over 4months ago and i don't know why i got banned. Please how can i get unbanned, fellow bloggers?
Re: Bloggers How Much Do You Make A Month. by guru25(m): 11:22pm On Nov 16, 2012
goldenval: I am making $500 monthly alone from adsense with my 45 blog sites that am controlling, then I am making $300 monthly from one company am working with which comes to total of $800 every month, but the best strategies of making more money is by selling some of these sites, like Justretweet was sold at $21000, while bigmoneyweb was sold for $7000 and I still have 45 blog sites that I am planning to re-sell anytime soon. I am full time blogger tho.

You manage all the 45 blogs? must be a tough work
Re: Bloggers How Much Do You Make A Month. by Donawoite(m): 8:08am On Nov 17, 2012
goldenval:
I use my zenith bank master card to make the payments there. Please when listing your site there, you must show earning proof and traffic stats etc before interested buyers will start contacting you. Thanks.
ok bros thanks
Re: Bloggers How Much Do You Make A Month. by Nobody: 9:01am On Nov 17, 2012
who says it is difficult to get approved by adsense? As a matter of fact, i have to accounts and i am wanting to get another one. I want to get it in order to try various methods i have to earn heavy from adsense. Test run, try. I am sure you will find a working method for you.
Re: Bloggers How Much Do You Make A Month. by oduz: 10:24am On Nov 17, 2012
HELP embarassed

I Urgently need someone to help make my webSITE interactive at a reasonable fee
Re: Bloggers How Much Do You Make A Month. by Nobody: 4:46pm On Nov 17, 2012
what do you mean interactive? Describe it. Or you can email me on digglinkexchange@gmail.com
Re: Bloggers How Much Do You Make A Month. by Chief06: 6:15pm On Nov 17, 2012
This is precisely why folks fail. Why do you need to game google? Build quality content, optimize it properly, be in for the long haul. Over the years we've made more money than I can count, and everything is by the book.

ribechi: Alright like i stated before how much make from my adsense, i am still not going to give out details to my site because this thread, i am very sure is already ranking on the google search engine.

But all i can say to your guys is that I am still leaving off Google's weakness... You cant buy traffic for your adsense leaving the traffic bare. Your click-thru rate will go off the ceiling and Google will notice that then ban you. Even when i send traffic to my website, i limit the click-thru rate. Any click-thru rate above 10% of you traffic will get Google staff to ban you immediately or soon.

I spread the Click-thrus over the week. I also use high paying keywords for my adsense site. Trust me i blank the referal traffic so i come out clean. Made some couple withdrawals and got banned. I have two adsense account now and doing the same thing on one. When I hit $1000 i wil withdraw it. I am being patient.

Talking about click-thrus, if for instance you have 300visits on your site, it is expected by Google that you get at most 30 clicks or less on the adsense. Anything more will cost you your account.

If you use high paying keywords like say $1.50 or more per click, 30 clicks will get you $45 per day and that multiplied by 30days is $1,350. So easy.

So the point is this:

- Buy traffic

- Blank your traffic source

- Monitor your clickthru rate

- Look for a way to make sure there are clicks (most importantly.)

This is how far i can give out my secret. I can't reveal everything I do.

I hope you have learnt it. Everything has to do with understanding.

Thanks.
Re: Bloggers How Much Do You Make A Month. by Chief06: 6:18pm On Nov 17, 2012
YOu've had 557 visitors as per your stat counter. All your content is very low on the monetization scale, what kind of earnings do you expect to get out of that?

Revolva: Well you guys should help me out what best adsense package apart from google which has over banned me - I just included Chitika on my site and signed up for hotels affiliates ave been a publisher for addynamo but na wa o no earnings pls a guru should visit my site its on ma signature ok
Re: Bloggers How Much Do You Make A Month. by miqos02(m): 8:34am On Nov 18, 2012
instaforex ngr:

He is very correct, if you are into blogging and monetizing with google adsense. Then later, you start bragging how much you earn from google adsense, then be ready for a ban soon.
I once had a job blog that was earning me between $700 - $1200 monthly. I started advertising my earnings and selling ebooks on making money from adsense.
I got banned by google few weeks later.
thank
Re: Bloggers How Much Do You Make A Month. by Nobody: 8:51am On Nov 18, 2012
Chief06: This is precisely why folks fail. Why do you need to game google? Build quality content, optimize it properly, be in for the long haul. Over the years we've made more money than I can count, and everything is by the book.

Lol. Did i just hear you say everything is by book? Lol. Oh please wake up. I talking from practical point of view.

One day those books will tell you adsense isn't working again and you will believe them hookline and sinker.

I just showed a few exact steps i used for mine and you are trying to debunk it. Why don't you stick to what fits you and make the uncountable changes you have been making ok? And let me stick with mine.
Re: Bloggers How Much Do You Make A Month. by Chief06: 10:48pm On Nov 18, 2012
My guy we run over 200 sites... Oldest of which have been around for close to a decade. I speak from practical experience. You want to make it in the game, provide what people want to see, and let them come to you because they want to, not because you're gaming the system.

ribechi:

Lol. Did i just hear you say everything is by book? Lol. Oh please wake up. I talking from practical point of view.

One day those books will tell you adsense isn't working again and you will believe them hookline and sinker.

I just showed a few exact steps i used for mine and you are trying to debunk it. Why don't you stick to what fits you and make the uncountable changes you have been making ok? And let me stick with mine.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How To Place Ads On Facebook / Four Applications You Must Have On Your Phone As A Blogger / Facebook Adds Another Reaction " Thankful"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.