Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,194 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:23 AM

List Of Nominees Of Hiphopworldawards 2008 - Music/Radio (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / List Of Nominees Of Hiphopworldawards 2008 (7170 Views)

The Headies 2015 Nominees List. / Nigeria Music Video Awards 2013 Nominees List(nmva 2013) / Nigerian Entertainment Awards (NEA) 2012: List Of Nominees (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: List Of Nominees Of Hiphopworldawards 2008 by Nobody: 6:09pm On Mar 12, 2008
Jaga jaga,y u dey float?.E b like say dem neva tell u who i b?
Try check my CV.
Re: List Of Nominees Of Hiphopworldawards 2008 by javalove(m): 6:32pm On Mar 12, 2008
ur cv, ? aw many pple hav u killed and how many hav u created if u b God, ? Lets know who u are SIRRRR
Re: List Of Nominees Of Hiphopworldawards 2008 by Baro(m): 6:00pm On Mar 13, 2008
Sanchez deserves atleast a nomination
Re: List Of Nominees Of Hiphopworldawards 2008 by tosinadeda: 8:52pm On Mar 13, 2008
javalove:

Oga ooo i thought only 2 foolish people were here, who b this one again, so una even plenty, i think say na only skingo and this useless tosin, please how many una b, ? Some1 abused my popsy and u def dey support am, ? Mogbe moku modaran, !!! Who is d administrator here, plsssss

avnt u wondered y every1 except u seems foolish?
it means ure the foolish one
Re: List Of Nominees Of Hiphopworldawards 2008 by funkybaby(f): 9:06pm On Mar 13, 2008
Lol @ tosin and java and olokun

E ma binu no.

You guys should stop throwing insults at one another.
Although, i find them funny but ko da o!
Re: List Of Nominees Of Hiphopworldawards 2008 by Nobody: 4:21pm On Mar 16, 2008
Did anyone watch d awards?.
I mean live
Re: List Of Nominees Of Hiphopworldawards 2008 by Nobody: 4:45pm On Mar 16, 2008
Mr.Xclusive is back.check it out y'all
2008 winners
Asa, 3awards,Album of d year
Cohbams, director
Stylee, Best collabo and best video(DJ Tee)
9ice, HHWRevelation
Mode9, Lyricist on roll
Ruggedman, Rap Album
MI, Rap single.
Olu Maintain, Song of the year
D'bang, Artist of d year
Re: List Of Nominees Of Hiphopworldawards 2008 by tosinadeda: 5:42pm On Mar 16, 2008
you forgot to add wande coal ooooooooooooo!!!! i go vex for u now grin
so so so happy for asa!!!!! she is da bomb. 3 awards shocked shocked naija now awards true songs
Re: List Of Nominees Of Hiphopworldawards 2008 by dami9ja(m): 8:01pm On Mar 16, 2008
Who was the secret host?
Re: List Of Nominees Of Hiphopworldawards 2008 by sammy88(m): 11:46am On Mar 17, 2008
i think faze deserve an award out of five nominations
Re: List Of Nominees Of Hiphopworldawards 2008 by skingo(m): 7:09pm On Mar 17, 2008
why is sauce kid not nominated in a hiphop world awards if channel o can nominate sauce kid? i dont get it.
maybe its not really hiphop. its more like "i-know-these-people- im giving-awards-hop"
Re: List Of Nominees Of Hiphopworldawards 2008 by tosinadeda: 7:13pm On Mar 17, 2008
skingo:

why is sauce kid not nominated in a hiphop world awards if channel o can nominate sauce kid? i don't get it.
maybe its not really hiphop. its more like "i-know-these-people- im giving-awards-hop"

when his album drops, he will get nominated
Re: List Of Nominees Of Hiphopworldawards 2008 by skingo(m): 7:17pm On Mar 17, 2008
no oh. what about most promising act? they do not have albums. why will they not nominate sauce kid.
he has omoge wajo. well thats old. he ha yebariba which was a hit song hands down in naija. so why not? because of mixtape, no oh. another excuse
i think there's more to it
Re: List Of Nominees Of Hiphopworldawards 2008 by YourFather: 7:24pm On Mar 17, 2008
Sause album dropped I think in 06.

Hip-hop world awards needs to really review their perfornmance and improve.

First of good job for all they have done so far.

But they are making mistakes that they need not make, e.g in the artiste of the year, they nominated P-square (makes on sense), if you are going to nominate a group then call it act of the year.

D'banj won Artist of the year, ehmmm did D'banj release an album last year?

Mode9 Lyricist on a roll , Ruggedman Rab album, MI rap single, truly how does this make sense, its like they are just trying to make the people around them happy.

Lastly, their slogan "change as to change" makes no sense. Change is constant might have been better advised.
Re: List Of Nominees Of Hiphopworldawards 2008 by tosinadeda: 7:30pm On Mar 17, 2008
skingo i feel u jare
the swagger swagger video should av been nominated for best video of the year
Re: List Of Nominees Of Hiphopworldawards 2008 by skingo(m): 7:34pm On Mar 17, 2008
YourFather:

Sause album dropped I think in 06.

Hip-hop world awards needs to really review their perfornmance and improve.

First of good job for all they have done so far.

But they are making mistakes that they need not make, e.g in the artiste of the year, they nominated P-square (makes on sense), if you are going to nominate a group then call it act of the year.

D'banj won Artist of the year, ehmmm did D'banj release an album last year?

Mode9 Lyricist on a roll , Ruggedman Rab album, MI rap single, truly how does this make sense, its like they are just trying to make the people around them happy.

Lastly, their slogan "change as to change" makes no sense. Change is constant might have been better advised.

u r soo fuckin right. but the truth is that we can sit here and criticise all we want. next year, march will come around again and hhw will collect money from sponsors and still do their thing. while we are here talking about it. until another entity comes in and does it the right way, it will be like dat

imagine someone winning award and that person has not sold up to 10,000 copies around naija. its terrible. no names though
Re: List Of Nominees Of Hiphopworldawards 2008 by YourFather: 8:07pm On Mar 17, 2008
Well, the fact is if they don't step up their game, someone will come and fill in the viod they have left open due to the fact that they are not true, remember Change is constant.
Re: List Of Nominees Of Hiphopworldawards 2008 by dami9ja(m): 8:13pm On Mar 17, 2008
Chai! Psquare no even see headie hat collect lmao, na wa o! Anyhoo, the ceremony tap and the hosts were 'funny' Basketmouth and 'luvly' Dakore. wink
Re: List Of Nominees Of Hiphopworldawards 2008 by sammy88(m): 10:06pm On Mar 17, 2008
P-SQUARE SAYS HIP HOP AWARD IS A SHAME

Psquare,one of Nigeria's most popular hip hop group have come out to describe their inability to pick an award at the
hip hop world award as a 'tribal' attack.The group were nominated in 5 different categories but ended up going home with nothing.

This afternoon, http://www.niyitabiti..com/ was at the home of the group and they voiced out their bitterness through Jude 'Engee'Okoye, their elder brother and manager. Jude said Ayo Animashun dissapointed them by making sure that only Yoruba won awards except for Ruggedman,Timaya and 2face Idibia.He alleged that 'Stylee' the song that won the best music video is a trash compared to the 'Do Me' video he did for Psquare.DJ TEE won the award because he shot it.He noted that DJ Tee is the technical director for the award and his wife is also a top official of HipTv, owned by the award organisers.In his words "That award should have been called Yoruba Hip Hop award"

He also alledged that Rugged Man's name was smuggled into the list at the last minute because the name was not on the original long list earlier published in newspapers or magazines.

Efforts to get the award organisers today proved abortive.An industry source who does want his name mentioned disclosed that Psquare should stop crying like babies.They should accept their fate, afterall in the past,they have carted home awards from the same HipHop World and nobody said they didn't deserve it.

http://www.niyitabiti..com/
Re: List Of Nominees Of Hiphopworldawards 2008 by skingo(m): 10:31pm On Mar 17, 2008
what of sauce kid?
Re: List Of Nominees Of Hiphopworldawards 2008 by YourFather: 10:33pm On Mar 17, 2008
P-Sqaure didnt win best video, robbery!, where is EFCC when you need them, HipHop world should be in Kerikeri by now.

Almost as bad as not nominating Durella 2baski for any award.

HipHop world shame!
Re: List Of Nominees Of Hiphopworldawards 2008 by sammy88(m): 10:39pm On Mar 17, 2008
psquare should stop complaining not all the nominations that they deserve, why cant they called them yoruba hip hop award in 2005 when they collect five award then, what will faze do we all know that faze deserve an award, faze just keep ur good work nothin do you man
Re: List Of Nominees Of Hiphopworldawards 2008 by sammy88(m): 10:40pm On Mar 17, 2008
psquare should stop complaining not all the nominations that they deserve, why can't they called them yoruba hip hop award in 2005 when they collect five award then, what will faze do we all know that faze deserve an award, faze just keep UP your good work nothin do you man
Re: List Of Nominees Of Hiphopworldawards 2008 by skingo(m): 11:04pm On Mar 17, 2008
how can one group collect 5 awards in one award show and not break into the whole african market and international market. that tells u the level such award shows are on.

mtv award or kora award. i think everythinng else is nonsense

imagine tvs doing award. and sauce kid won that award. i no even respect am lol
Re: List Of Nominees Of Hiphopworldawards 2008 by funkybaby(f): 5:34am On Mar 18, 2008
yeah,i agree. Sauce kid deserved AT LEAST a nomination.

Faze should have gone home with something and oh yes, the Stylee video is CRAP compared to Sasha's adara and even Asa's fire on the mountain.
Re: List Of Nominees Of Hiphopworldawards 2008 by 9ja4eva: 5:49am On Mar 18, 2008
Messed up Award.

P-square,Faze, suppose win.

I believe its arranged
Re: List Of Nominees Of Hiphopworldawards 2008 by woodboi(m): 7:29am On Mar 18, 2008
the award is a flop.well i expect less from htv.they just want to satisfy their fans and this year they choose faze and p square to be the scape goat.

why would an organizer be beefing astist eminem beef grammy and yet he won the award,so what the hell do they have with some artist, e.g blackfaze.my advice to p square is to watch their mouth and forget about it they can't take all the awards.even if they have clear space for the award,let them be cleaning the dust on the space till another award.
Re: List Of Nominees Of Hiphopworldawards 2008 by Nobody: 12:09pm On Mar 18, 2008
@tosin,Wande cole na mushin boy.
I dey gadun d dude.he dey rep wella and also he shouts out to mushin.
Re: List Of Nominees Of Hiphopworldawards 2008 by Nobody: 12:28pm On Mar 18, 2008
P whateva r very stupid for dat comment ,cuz hiphopworld has neva been tribalistic.Y r people such a bad loser.I mean TTLY,dey went home with five awards and as u expect no comments but no i know really dat he get as he dey DO THEM
And as for the Do Me Video compared to Stylee.Stylee was on of the aired video on MTV and Channel O,even had nominations,so y r dey crying like fowl.
Re: List Of Nominees Of Hiphopworldawards 2008 by onyemasmom(f): 1:47pm On Apr 06, 2008
NOBODY VOTE FOR UCHIE- AFRICAN ROCKSTAR! HE DOES NOT SUPPORT HIS CHILD OVER IN THE U.S. HIS SON HAS NOT RECEIVED ANY HELP FROM UCHIE IN ALMOST A YEAR. THIS ARTIST IS A JOKE YOU CANNOT TAKE CARE OF HIS KID.
Re: List Of Nominees Of Hiphopworldawards 2008 by Buddy1000: 1:49pm On Apr 06, 2008
Can anyone help me with this.

WHAT SONG IS THIS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GSNTP4w0Fk
Re: List Of Nominees Of Hiphopworldawards 2008 by princedapo: 2:39am On Apr 10, 2008
this year hiphop awards is a real flop,first and foremost,i want the organiser to ttell the music lovers,which song or album does Dbang released to make him collect artist and secondly,what are the factors needs to be considered before giving a song best video,is it how expensive,quality,effects,number of participants,location etcI think P square video DO ME,definately should have been giving the best video,i dont see ant special thing in stylee.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Top 10 Richest African Musicians / M.i New Song God Bless You / Instrumental: Olamide - Konkobility (prod. By Freezyfofo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.