Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,482 members, 7,816,136 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:19 AM

Designer's Bag Birthday Cake!! - Events - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Designer's Bag Birthday Cake!! (1227 Views)

Anuoluwapo Adebanjo Designed Queen Elizabeth’s 90th Birthday Cake / N3,000 Birthday Cake; 40% Off / Picture Of The Best Birthday Cake I Have Ever Seen. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Designer's Bag Birthday Cake!! by homesteady(m): 2:18pm On Nov 11, 2012
Nigerians never seize to amaze me!! All our things are always extreme,especially when it come's to imbibing foriegn things.The latest is the Designer's bag birthday cake.
The first time i saw that cake was from Salewa Abeni's daughter birthday-a Louis Vilton(LV) bag cake,and i couldn't help but wail in laughter because,that so-called 'DESIGNER BAG CAKE' will be chewed by bacteria-filled mouth,it will digest the same way akpu and okro will digest and finally come out through a smelling anus as poo.So why the waste,because i know that cake will cost a fortune.
I'm not agains't the cake oo(infact if they give me the cake,menh i'll make sure i tell my friend on all social networks that i just ate such cake.hehe),but i'm agains't the fact that she is promoting a foreign label,thereby contributing to their fat bank account,meanwhile our local designers are looking for such great oppurtunities.Thats why my white friends abroad keep telling me that Nigerians are very rich.I asked one why she said so,she told me that-all expensive stores in the U.S,Nigerians are the top buyers,and she has a point there.
Okay lets assume she didn't find any Nigerian design label that designs bags,she could just change her mind on the design of the cake and make a normal one.But if she still wants a complex cake she could pick one of Nigeria's artworks e.g Benin bronze work,Nok teracota,Eyo masqurades or anything Nigerian or African and besides her Mom was into Juju music,which is an original Nigerian stuff,so it won't be bad if she is also proudly Naija.And when she does it,it'll start gaining popularity,it'll enter limelight,then finally gain international recognition.
Well,this is what i think,because i'm proudly Naija from the tip of my longest hair to the sole of my feet,i love anything Nigerian-from Nollywood to our Music industry,from our Fashion industry to our economy.
Sha,As for my next birthday,the design of my cake will have a theme of tha annual arugungu fishing festival,and i bet,it's gonna be lovely and i'll post the pictures of the cake...
GOOD PEOPLE..GREAT NATION

(1) (Reply)

Rent your Foreign Wedding Gowns / Notting Hill Carnival 2013 + Nigerian Corner In Pictures / What If You Cant Afford A Wedding Planner?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.