Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,717 members, 7,816,955 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:08 PM

MTN WOW Bonus. Confirmed Scam! User Beware!! - Phone/Internet Market (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Phone/Internet Market / MTN WOW Bonus. Confirmed Scam! User Beware!! (18907 Views)

List Of Confirmed Data Resellers On Nairaland / Code For Checking Mtn Double Credit Bonus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: MTN WOW Bonus. Confirmed Scam! User Beware!! by bigx(m): 9:48am On Nov 12, 2012
BeraBera: It is possible that the OP (Original Poster) has been bribed by any of the other mobile communication networks to come here and rubbish MTN.
When one is looking for awoof bonuses, what do you get? Greedy people always get cheated of course tongue

Its people like you that made me take the pains of posting screenshots, someone raises a valid case of fraud and someone else comes from nowhere to attempt blackmail.

The other people who it affected where bribed too abi?

At least I'm glad you mentioned that we are being cheated.

1 Like

Re: MTN WOW Bonus. Confirmed Scam! User Beware!! by KINGwax(m): 9:48am On Nov 12, 2012
bigx:

If I reply you in kind it'd mean I'm as retarded and low class as you are.

Poor punctuations, awkward capitalization, eye-burning spelling, personal pronouns in small caps and you're talking of exams.

I'd let that pass, I won't interact with kids like you in real life so I'd ignore you like you're meant to be ignored.

Seriously though, are the insults called for? Wouldn't "Google is your friend" have been easier to type?
anybody reading the comment you made below will undstnd you're daft and will probably ignore you
bigx:

While advertising their promo when I dialled *556# why didn't they also state that they would steal the airtime in clear terms? Was there any hint of that in the screenshot attached?
Re: MTN WOW Bonus. Confirmed Scam! User Beware!! by funshybam(m): 9:48am On Nov 12, 2012
Do you guys find it difficult to read? WOW WEEKEND BONUS. I suppose you understand it is meant for weekend only............FUUUULS
Re: MTN WOW Bonus. Confirmed Scam! User Beware!! by Nobody: 9:50am On Nov 12, 2012
Yes o, this is a big scam and mtn should be asked to stop it immediately. My mum loaded her phone with the 888 and her credit varnished into thin air.
Re: MTN WOW Bonus. Confirmed Scam! User Beware!! by Nobody: 9:50am On Nov 12, 2012
jadek: Please house, my bb 9700 is not ringing. Even music and video being played does not speak out.
Please help me out asap.

Lemme give u a reliable answer..... Ur speaker has shifted.....
Play a song, and while its playing slightly hit d speaker part of d fone on d wall..... Usually d top left corner of ur fone......
U'll notice d sound keeps coming on and off..... Keep on at it, till the spund becomes steady.

@OP... U ddnt ask well about the package,

@others..... Before u get into any mtn package....... Call the customer care first...

For me..... MTN is still on point
Re: MTN WOW Bonus. Confirmed Scam! User Beware!! by DCTrendy(m): 10:05am On Nov 12, 2012
BeraBera: It is possible that the OP (Original Poster) has been bribed by any of the other mobile communication networks to come here and rubbish MTN.
When one is looking for awoof bonuses, what do you get? Greedy people always get cheated of course tongue

This lady is one of the problem of this Country!

Same thing happened here this weekend. Bought 2 N750 cards, loaded the first one and saw the msg just like the poster had it here, Lo and Behold after using that code for the second card, the credit disappeared!

The point is, WHY do they have to hide the terms and condition for using this code??

That is a scam! God ll help the Customer care agent when i get to their office today as well!

If you have experience this, storm their office! When we keep quiet they keep pulling this wool over our face all the time!

Den go take today!
Re: MTN WOW Bonus. Confirmed Scam! User Beware!! by rman: 10:07am On Nov 12, 2012
Your normal credit is your credit that can be used anytime.

Your bonus credit is credit that must be used within the stipulated time. If you check your bonus after the expiry period, of course you will see zero (0:00) as your balance.

A window is put on the bonus credit because people will just accumulate credits for no reason, that is why it is not rolled over to the next day ( some load as much as 10K daily ).

The bonus is just targeted at the 100 naira 200 naira people in the real sense, anyone that loads 3k and above daily doesnt necessarily need the bonus ( Are they going to make calls up to 9000 naira to mtn numbers daily? )

You also have the option of using the network that is not a scam.

I am suprised and shocked that MTN is a scam thread makes the front page weekly on nairaland for the past 2 years and people still can not leave the network.

Are we just obsessed with MTN or we are just Liars?

If MTN is a store that sells FMCG, they should be out of bussiness with the effort nairalanders put into bringing them down.

1 Like

Re: MTN WOW Bonus. Confirmed Scam! User Beware!! by brigglez(m): 10:13am On Nov 12, 2012
It happened to me too.
I recharged with #1500 using the *888* WOW Ojoro.
Now am left with 0.00 naira on both the WOW main account is NGN0.00 Expires Bonus account NGN0.00

I've lost 1500 just like that...
MTN, GOD DEY

1 Like

Re: MTN WOW Bonus. Confirmed Scam! User Beware!! by omoobajeje1(m): 10:14am On Nov 12, 2012
Remove D̶̲̥̅̊ battery and put it back. If D̶̲̥̅̊ same problem continue dn contact a phone repairer.
jadek: Please house, my bb 9700 is not ringing. Even music and video being played does not speak out.
Please help me out asap.
Re: MTN WOW Bonus. Confirmed Scam! User Beware!! by finicky(m): 10:16am On Nov 12, 2012
Mtn is a scam, they also failed to comply with NCC`s directive on giving the amount charge for each calls they rather would send a bogus promo advert. This wow thing is also a scheme to rip pple off. We should initiate a class action against them.
Re: MTN WOW Bonus. Confirmed Scam! User Beware!! by mrrock: 10:18am On Nov 12, 2012
All the GSM networks in Nigeria are all running scams, MTN, GLO, Airtel. I don't have Etisalat SIM so I can't say about them. They don't do it alone rather they do it in partnership with the Ogas at NCC. This is like the oil marketers stealing subsidy money in conjuction with government officials in the presidency, ministers, NNPC, name them. Talk about corruption.
However, MTN remains the king of scam. I' am still waiting for my Airplane.
Note MTN also own Multichoice DSTV and their company policy is never to give anything for free. Don't be deceived that MTN will give you anything for free!. They don't give anything for free. You will later find out they will take it back one way or the other.
Re: MTN WOW Bonus. Confirmed Scam! User Beware!! by rman: 10:24am On Nov 12, 2012
Xano: it worked for me. I recharged on saturday, receieved 100% bonus. I checked it with *888#. When i typed the code, i saw the amount i recharged and also saw the bonus. To check it, type *889#. I made calls, it worked. I finished mine before it expired on sunday night.

This exactly how it works. IT IS AS SIMPLE AS ABC.

THE BRING THEM DOWN CREW DON'T EVEN UNDERSTAND WHAT THEY ARE COMPLAINING ABOUT
Re: MTN WOW Bonus. Confirmed Scam! User Beware!! by buccal(m): 10:25am On Nov 12, 2012
I heard NCC is banning all promos made by network providers,cos its causing network ish.na dem know sha
Re: MTN WOW Bonus. Confirmed Scam! User Beware!! by bigx(m): 10:30am On Nov 12, 2012
rman:

This exactly how it works. IT IS AS SIMPLE AS ABC.

THE BRING THEM DOWN CREW DON'T EVEN UNDERSTAND WHAT THEY ARE COMPLAINING ABOUT

I loaded 1500, used 11 naira of my 1500 and today I can't find it, is that a promo? I didn't even touch the so-called Bonus credit. If they where doing something as drastic as wiping out the airtime you bought shouldn't there be a clear warning to that effect?
I'm not bringing anybody down, I'm stating something that's obviously wrong. I use mtn for my personal line, business line, dstv mobile and one modem, I haven't "brought them down" for that, should I see something being improperly and deceptively done and keep quiet about it?
Re: MTN WOW Bonus. Confirmed Scam! User Beware!! by Tmany(m): 10:31am On Nov 12, 2012
MTN na scam network
this 500% bonus stuff is another big scam, if you can't do somefin don't tell your customers you would.
Haven't received the bonus for the past two weeks
Re: MTN WOW Bonus. Confirmed Scam! User Beware!! by mu2sa2: 10:40am On Nov 12, 2012
Mtn is doing a great job at exploiting naija people. they should be commended because naija people like Mtn to be fleecing them! Sebi there is/are alternatve to Mtn and some people are clinging to mtn as if na their papa property.
Re: MTN WOW Bonus. Confirmed Scam! User Beware!! by dunmorris(m): 10:53am On Nov 12, 2012
Thats How i bought 10mb 4 hundred naira Stupid Mtn Network did not allow me to Finish it
Re: MTN WOW Bonus. Confirmed Scam! User Beware!! by Dopefiend(m): 11:00am On Nov 12, 2012

It is also possible you lack common sense. Didn't u see the pic? Mtn is a thieving network!!! Sometimes I wonder why people are still subscribed to that network.
Re: MTN WOW Bonus. Confirmed Scam! User Beware!! by Kagawa: 11:02am On Nov 12, 2012
Evrybody is hussling everybody... The way this network pple be at each odas throat tiffing ideas, same way dem be ripping us....Our marriage with empty n is the same as a wife who has refused to leave a violent home.
Re: MTN WOW Bonus. Confirmed Scam! User Beware!! by Nobody: 11:09am On Nov 12, 2012
I dont know if this is the same bonus but i got 1.5gb after activating Night Plan
Re: MTN WOW Bonus. Confirmed Scam! User Beware!! by sweetsuccess: 11:13am On Nov 12, 2012
On behalf of MTN users, Please NCC,investigate MTN.
Their SCAM promo is getting out hand.
Re: MTN WOW Bonus. Confirmed Scam! User Beware!! by pendusky(m): 11:27am On Nov 12, 2012
M-obile
T-hieves in
N-igeria
grin
Re: MTN WOW Bonus. Confirmed Scam! User Beware!! by odedele: 11:53am On Nov 12, 2012
MTN..........God go purnish una EVERY WHERE UNA GO.....pa pa pa pa parara
Re: MTN WOW Bonus. Confirmed Scam! User Beware!! by paparazzy21(m): 12:01pm On Nov 12, 2012
Nice 1.....i dnt knw why mtn is always like dis.let's all glow wif gLo
Re: MTN WOW Bonus. Confirmed Scam! User Beware!! by rman: 12:02pm On Nov 12, 2012
bigx:

I loaded 1500, used 11 naira of my 1500 and today I can't find it, is that a promo? I didn't even touch the so-called Bonus credit. If they where doing something as drastic as wiping out the airtime you bought shouldn't there be a clear warning to that effect?
I'm not bringing anybody down, I'm stating something that's obviously wrong. I use mtn for my personal line, business line, dstv mobile and one modem, I haven't "brought them down" for that, should I see something being improperly and deceptively done and keep quiet about it?

You use a lot of their product, and am sure you must have being using them for years.

You should have tried to contact customer care through the available channels instead of coming to a faceless forum to try and slander them
Re: MTN WOW Bonus. Confirmed Scam! User Beware!! by Heartfemi: 12:05pm On Nov 12, 2012
Mtn and their numerous ways of taking peoples money.
Re: MTN WOW Bonus. Confirmed Scam! User Beware!! by bigx(m): 12:11pm On Nov 12, 2012
rman:

You use a lot of their product, and am sure you must have being using them for years.

You should have tried to contact customer care through the available channels instead of coming to a faceless forum to try and slander them

Slander is lying, from the evidence I'm stating an obvious truth.
I won't post without trying to contact them. I've been calling 180 all day, they are asking me to enter a customer I.D and security number, how are you meant to complain with that?
I stated in a previous post that I would visit their office and I would do that when I'm less busy. This is a busy monday morning.
We always allow our rights to be trampled on in this country.
Re: MTN WOW Bonus. Confirmed Scam! User Beware!! by Nobody: 12:12pm On Nov 12, 2012
I don't really like mtn but this is simple; recharge with any amount and finish it before midnight on Sunday. The credit showing on top can be used for any network but the wow bonus is strictly for mtn numbers. Your main balance on 556 will still be there until you use it, it will also be deducted for smses. For me, i try not to load more than 400 using 888 because i would want to finish it before expiry. I also load on Friday night not Sunday morning to avoid stories and i call mostly non mtn numbers with it.
Re: MTN WOW Bonus. Confirmed Scam! User Beware!! by Nobody: 12:18pm On Nov 12, 2012
***you are not alone***MJ's voice
Re: MTN WOW Bonus. Confirmed Scam! User Beware!! by lakad4u(m): 12:21pm On Nov 12, 2012
Please help me out asap.
Its happens.,just restart. It,and that's alll...
Re: MTN WOW Bonus. Confirmed Scam! User Beware!! by luluosas(m): 12:34pm On Nov 12, 2012
timbros: I wonder why yoou people are still using MTN anymore. Everyday complain complain complain and still using it. Is it today you find out MTN is scam? Its either you continue living with the scam of you leave the network entirely.

I have long dumped my MTN (yes, its my 'major' line but i had to do it). I sent out sms notifying my friends, family, customers etc of my current primary lines, Glo and Etisalat. Then i bought a Nokia torch, 2.5k, and put the MTN line. Its there on top of my fridge. Anytime i come back and see a missed call, i call back with glo or etisalat and tell the person to call me with this line next time.

That way, i dont have MTN wahala no more. I'm tired off all this MTN complain when there are other options. Telecommunication in Nigeria is not like Power where we have only PHCN. Anything they give you, you endure. No. We have options in networks today.
Thank you for this candid advice. Sometimes, I usually think if MTN use witch/wizard spirits to tie these complainers on their network. Even if they use 'juju' for you, you need to break yourself from its grip immediately.
So dont come here complaining when you know what to do and how to solve the problem permanently.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

10 Specifications An Average Nigerian Wants In A Tablet/phone (pics) / UK Used Iphone 6 ;Samsung Galaxy s6 ;htc one M8 Phones Etc. @Benin City. / Xiaomi Phones Arena

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.