Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,893 members, 7,817,627 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:49 PM

Okada Riders Leave Festac Town Enmass To North? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Okada Riders Leave Festac Town Enmass To North? (12745 Views)

PDP Officially Zones Presidency To North / PDP Zones 2019 Presidential Ticket To North / Speaker Dogara Replies Oyegun, Zones Majority Leader To North West (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Okada Riders Leave Festac Town Enmass To North? by Nobody: 8:43am On Nov 12, 2012
Ohibenemma:

Na you come try pass sef...Beat = Bite = Bitten...
na u be olodo.
Beat-boat-boaten
Re: Okada Riders Leave Festac Town Enmass To North? by Demdem(m): 8:45am On Nov 12, 2012
pheesayor: I've complaining about this and have taken pictures, I complained on twitter and someone said according to the traffic law, okadas aren't allowed in festac, this got me mad, same festac that buses only ply few roads and all short cuts to trek have been blocked over the years That law must be amended, this can't stand. Will post pictures later

If you're a festac resident please let's work this together, if you have the time.

Take it easy. U will get used to it with time. More importantly, only move when its absolutely neccessary. grin
Am currently in PH, when OKADA was banned, it was like the end of the world but eh here we are today, its as if Okada never stepped into this city before.

1 Like

Re: Okada Riders Leave Festac Town Enmass To North? by Remii(m): 8:46am On Nov 12, 2012
this really sad, internal displacement of Nigerians when there is no war. These guys would get back to there respective states and empty there angers on innocent southerners who have lived all there lives in the North. Nigeria governments at all levels are heartless and callous .
Re: Okada Riders Leave Festac Town Enmass To North? by Nobody: 8:46am On Nov 12, 2012
Festac Town my hood has really changed.those who know festac town back in the late 80's and 90's will agree with me that festac is no more what it used to be.during those years,where you wan see okada sef? It is because of the bad roads in festac that prompted the high influx of Okada men.just few of the roads are motorable and others are a mess.Festac Town belongs to the Federal Government and so they have the responsiblity of renovating the roads.Now Okada is gone! Let the suffering of the masses continue.SMH
Re: Okada Riders Leave Festac Town Enmass To North? by pheesayor(m): 8:50am On Nov 12, 2012
This is the truck that left festac 2nd gate yesterday, the last one, others left three/four days ago, mostly midnight

Re: Okada Riders Leave Festac Town Enmass To North? by ajasa4link: 9:00am On Nov 12, 2012
banki: i dont see anything worng in the baning of okada in lagos, it was ban in Abuja and yenagoa,akwaibom,calabar,portharcourt etc no one raised an eye brow.

Lets look at the facts and devoid of political and ethnic sentiments is this a good move to me the answer is yes

its a very very good move
oga can u just hear urself out,what is the population of those places compared to lagos?.... Itz kind of irritating when i see people like u defending such obnoxious laws just because u feel since it worked somewhere else,it should work in lagos.... If u really stay in lagos,i mean the real lagos not the ajah's,lekki's and v.i's u will knw the okada ban is the most stupid decision a lagos state governor can ever take.... Why ban okada when there is is no feasible alternative/immediate solution to traffic gridlocks.... A state where the local government only share allocation at the end of the month without even constructing motorable roads to their council office should not go about robbing the masses their sure means of livelihood and transportation just like that

4 Likes

Re: Okada Riders Leave Festac Town Enmass To North? by talktimi(m): 9:01am On Nov 12, 2012
banki: i dont see anything worng in the baning of okada in lagos, it was ban in Abuja and yenagoa,akwaibom,calabar,portharcourt etc no one raised an eye brow.

Lets look at the facts and devoid of political and ethnic sentiments is this a good move to me the answer is yes

you're either jobless or obviously still a secondary school student who has no appointments and deadlines to keep. Mummy is obviously feeding you. I hav said it on several fora tha as long as lagos has no inner city railway/subways, then lagos has no reason to ban okada. You can never compare the traffic congestion in a lagos state of 20million people with port harcourt, abuja, yenagoa or akwa ibom. Omo are you serious at all ?

1 Like

Re: Okada Riders Leave Festac Town Enmass To North? by omoobajeje1(m): 9:01am On Nov 12, 2012
typography error Ω̴̩̩̩̥☺ be crime.
kollybay4u: You really try wit ur grammar.... Beat = Bite
Re: Okada Riders Leave Festac Town Enmass To North? by Nobody: 9:06am On Nov 12, 2012
pheesayor: This is the truck that left festac 2nd gate yesterday, the last one, others left three/four days ago, mostly midnight
na wa oh! This is a serious matter.
Re: Okada Riders Leave Festac Town Enmass To North? by gunuvi(m): 9:09am On Nov 12, 2012
pheesayor: This is the truck that left festac 2nd gate yesterday, the last one, others left three/four days ago, mostly midnight
This is sad. I almost shed tears as this is not the Nigeria we want. These people will feel they are not wanted and they will be sad.
Nobody will like to ride okada if he has a better alternative. Our governments has failed and are now using their failure even against its innocent citizens
Re: Okada Riders Leave Festac Town Enmass To North? by cyril83(m): 9:10am On Nov 12, 2012
omoobajeje1: typography error Ω̴̩̩̩̥☺ be crime.
but your own na big crime oh...na typographical error,...typography is d art or work of preparing books
Re: Okada Riders Leave Festac Town Enmass To North? by Onegai(f): 9:11am On Nov 12, 2012

I'm not currently around, left over the weekend. I know people trekking because of the ban.
Re: Okada Riders Leave Festac Town Enmass To North? by felifeli: 9:12am On Nov 12, 2012
Revealedtv: I was passing through 7th Avenue in Festac town and witnessed 2 trucks picking up Okadas and their owners. One truck was packing the Okadas, wrapping them and writing the names of the respective owners on them. [While] The other was packing the Okada owner.

In the past 2 days or so, the police has been moving around Festac Town, harassing, intimidating and seizing Okadas. I would have love to take a picture of the above mentioned scenario but I refrained out of fear that they may exact their frustrations on me

Praise god! Kick them out. Send them to Oshiomole, state. Eko o ni baje+.
Re: Okada Riders Leave Festac Town Enmass To North? by Odinaka00(m): 9:15am On Nov 12, 2012
OMG! I can't believe this.......well fashola is the best governor, can is the best party......ride on oga fash, 2015 is so close
Re: Okada Riders Leave Festac Town Enmass To North? by Odinaka00(m): 9:16am On Nov 12, 2012
felifeli:

Praise god! Kick them out. Send them to Oshiomole, state. Eko o ni baje+.

Dangote pikin I see you bro
Re: Okada Riders Leave Festac Town Enmass To North? by Nobody: 9:26am On Nov 12, 2012
This is a sad news..... Come to tink of it, roads in FESTAC are too bad, there ar some certain area witout bike u can't reach. The local gvt av sold lands that serve as a link frm cls to cls. Ayo is doin nting! Hw to u xpect a place where tout is heading to be?
Re: Okada Riders Leave Festac Town Enmass To North? by felifeli: 9:28am On Nov 12, 2012
Odinaka00:

Dangote pikin I see you bro

Dangote ko, Dangote ni.Send him also out of Lagos and let him take his bleeding trucks with him. We could do with sanity here. Eko o ni baje o.
Re: Okada Riders Leave Festac Town Enmass To North? by dandadee: 9:31am On Nov 12, 2012
brf..please dont ban trekking

1 Like

Re: Okada Riders Leave Festac Town Enmass To North? by felifeli: 9:34am On Nov 12, 2012
De_ Law: This is a sad news..... Come to tink of it, roads in FESTAC are too bad, there ar some certain area witout bike u can't reach. The local gvt av sold lands that serve as a link frm cls to cls. Ayo is doin nting! Hw to u xpect a place where tout is heading to be?
m

This is the wrong place to complain.Go and picket the LG. Make the bas.tards do what they promised to do before you elected them. If this discomfort doesn't make you take your LG to account then you should keep quiet and continue to live like worms. Don't blame Fasola for that.
Re: Okada Riders Leave Festac Town Enmass To North? by Born2beRich1(m): 9:37am On Nov 12, 2012

Supported.....I passed tru a juction and u will see okada parked everywhere on the road side...Even u dat u re trekkin will find it difficult to walk by.....It is a way of deconjecsting the state and reducing crime.....
Re: Okada Riders Leave Festac Town Enmass To North? by jpphilips(m): 9:47am On Nov 12, 2012
gunuvi:
This is sad. I almost shed tears as this is not the Nigeria we want. These people will feel they are not wanted and they will be sad.
Nobody will like to ride okada if he has a better alternative. Our governments has failed and are now using their failure even against its innocent citizens

perhaps one day, just one day, the maligned citizens will wake up or are you not tired of sleeping?
Re: Okada Riders Leave Festac Town Enmass To North? by Nobody: 10:00am On Nov 12, 2012
As the move to the north, supply passes demand, to meet up becomes difficult, alternative source of income becomes boko haram,
A new army for boko has come
Re: Okada Riders Leave Festac Town Enmass To North? by udemzyudex(m): 10:16am On Nov 12, 2012
lol..9ja police,wetin dem no send dem,dey go do put head,neck and everytin...imagine D.P.O dey follow seize okada..lol

If fashola can do exactly what Akwa ibom Governor did,i believe it will be better.
Banning okada in the capital(ikeja) nad high ways..

Yesterday i trek like never before,even keke napep dey do shakara.. I tire ooo
Re: Okada Riders Leave Festac Town Enmass To North? by Revolva(m): 10:17am On Nov 12, 2012
I don't suport all dis okada bann in some areas like apapa, mile2 festac , cos the roads here are long and one can't trek around festac like dat even to locate a block and close okada are useful - why this lagos state don't think before they act - just punishing people koro koro
Re: Okada Riders Leave Festac Town Enmass To North? by boron10(m): 10:25am On Nov 12, 2012
Isn't there any way one can invite Fashola to nairaland
Re: Okada Riders Leave Festac Town Enmass To North? by ikenna44: 10:26am On Nov 12, 2012
Sori...did u jst say...fst doesnt ve got road networks?
Onegai: Very true. I spoke to one, he said they impounded his okada and he had to settle N2500 to get it back, and that they could only ply early morning or late at night. When I told him the ban didn't affect Festac, he shrugged and said officials have been seizing bikes. The okada rider replied that most of them are relocating during christmas, as the only place they can work now is Apapa. Sadly, Festac doesn't have good transportation network, so this isn't really welcome. Dunno why they're going after them.
Re: Okada Riders Leave Festac Town Enmass To North? by Hardfact: 10:27am On Nov 12, 2012
Popular opinion says okadas should leave only the express roads.
Fashola bans them from express and some major interlinking roads.
The police comes in, and of their of making, takes it even further, arresting them, siezing their bikes, beating, and even killing some, even on excluded inner streets, which was never what Fashola told them! Now most people are simply confused even the okada riders themselves, some of whom now chose to flee, and nobody (even Fash himself) seem able to set things right.
Are we safe right here?

1 Like

Re: Okada Riders Leave Festac Town Enmass To North? by Nobody: 10:27am On Nov 12, 2012
[quote author=Born 2be Rich]

Supported.....I passed tru a juction and u will see okada parked everywhere on the road side...Even u u re trekkin will find it difficult to walk by.....It is a way of deconjecsting the state and reducing crime.....

I'm against! This is a big lie. Lagos state can'nt be compare to any state in the federation. A state dat control 58% of the economy. If u ar talk abt reduction in crime rate, bike av nting to do wit it. Nigeria is d 2rd in internet frude, lagos is d 1st in nigeria and FESTAC is d 1st in lagos state. This shows that Festac is the second place on earth where internet frude or 419 occure most. Selling of human part, removin of children kidney,smugglers,young guys spend money as if their father is d CBN governor,bear palours here and there which cause conjection mostly at night. all such of tins happens here, hw does these okada people contribute to all these?
Re: Okada Riders Leave Festac Town Enmass To North? by pheesayor(m): 10:34am On Nov 12, 2012
this is 2nd gate, I posted it on twitter yesterday [quote author=blamelessly][/quote]
Re: Okada Riders Leave Festac Town Enmass To North? by NegroNtns(m): 10:40am On Nov 12, 2012
azpekuliar: I trust the po po to abdicate their priorities and embark on an aggressive campaign of harassment, intimidation & exploitation over this okada ban. Animals!

As for the okada riders themselves aeren't they informed? Don't they know their rights? Riding within Festac town can not be in violation of the partial ban on okada movement. I'm positive about that.

What rights might this be that you proclaim?
Re: Okada Riders Leave Festac Town Enmass To North? by NegroNtns(m): 10:43am On Nov 12, 2012
packman: FASHOLA PLEASE RIDE ON SOOÑ 2015 WOULD COME KNOcKING DAT ENDS YOUR POLITICAL AMBITION
LAGOSIANS RELAX THE MAN SHUD RIDE ON WITH HI$ GRA GRA HE HAS BEAT ALoT FINGERS

.....dont worry, we already have a proper replacement.; a givernor you all would love worse than you do Fashola.
Re: Okada Riders Leave Festac Town Enmass To North? by pheesayor(m): 10:48am On Nov 12, 2012
I disagree, most of them are students who come to lagos to hustle during their breaks, at least those I've met in festac
ARES: As the move to the north, supply passes demand, to meet up becomes difficult, alternative source of income becomes boko haram,
A new army for boko has come

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

North Not Opposed To Restructuring… Says Northern Govs / INEC Working Hard To Rig 2019 Polls- Secondus / #OsunDecides: So Far, APC in Clear Lead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.