Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,773 members, 7,820,708 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:59 PM

C-section Delivery: How Many Times Is Too Much? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / C-section Delivery: How Many Times Is Too Much? (10348 Views)

Doctors Performed C-section On 41-week Pregnant Woman But Found No Baby / 13.47-Pound Baby Born In Germany Without C-section / What Is The Cost Of C- Section In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

C-section Delivery: How Many Times Is Too Much? by coldgate(f): 9:39pm On Nov 11, 2012
Hi, I have had two c-section births, is it safe to do one more. I would love to have another child. Candid advice pls.
Re: C-section Delivery: How Many Times Is Too Much? by Nobody: 7:17am On Nov 12, 2012
I hear that doctors advise on a max of 3, but its best that you speak to your Obs consultant

1 Like

Re: C-section Delivery: How Many Times Is Too Much? by soapdish(f): 9:00am On Nov 12, 2012
My friend had all her [b][/b]four children through C/S.
Re: C-section Delivery: How Many Times Is Too Much? by dominique(f): 10:01am On Nov 12, 2012
I think the doctors put the limit at 4. I've had one and the next few weeks were extremely painful and incapacitating, I can't imagine going through that 3 more times tufia.
Re: C-section Delivery: How Many Times Is Too Much? by coldgate(f): 10:27am On Nov 13, 2012
Thanks. I would not even consider it if it wasnt absolutely necessary. My doctors at LUTH have given strict instructions. I can only have babies thru c-section due to complcations from my first delivery at a private hospital. I already have a girl and a boy. However, I am a bit of an Oliver Twist and would like one more child. Am I pushing my luck here? Hubby doesn't mind having just two kids but we are from two extreme parts of the country and I fear they may pester him for more children. No one in his family has only two children. What do you think?
Re: C-section Delivery: How Many Times Is Too Much? by aadetoyin(f): 10:37pm On Nov 15, 2012
I think 3 is good but pls talk to ur OB-GYN. It is well dearie
Re: C-section Delivery: How Many Times Is Too Much? by Nobody: 3:21am On Nov 17, 2012
I had 3 c-sections because I do have high risk pregnancies and I am thinking about one more, yeah I know I am crazy.My doc said I can do one more so I guess 5 will be too much for me...it differs because we have diff health history , so I will advice you consult your doc.

Don't do things for people but for yourself provided that's what you want.

It is well OP.

2 Likes

Re: C-section Delivery: How Many Times Is Too Much? by coldgate(f): 8:12pm On Nov 20, 2012
jidegirl12: I had 3 c-sections because I do have high risk pregnancies and I am thinking about one more, yeah I know I am crazy.My doc said I can do one more so I guess 5 will be too much for me...it differs because we have diff health history , so I will advice you consult your doc.

Don't do things for people but for yourself provided that's what you want.

It is well OP.
tanx a lot. I try to convince myself that I need another child even though it is not absolutely necessary. As u rightly pointed out, I should not be more concerned about other peoples opinion. I will consult my doctor on this. However, it is comforting to know you've had 3 and not afraid to try for another.

1 Like

Re: C-section Delivery: How Many Times Is Too Much? by Nobody: 9:18pm On Nov 20, 2012
coldgate: tanx a lot. I try to convince myself that I need another child even though it is not absolutely necessary. As u rightly pointed out, I should not be more concerned about other peoples opinion. I will consult my doctor on this. However, it is comforting to know you've had 3 and not afraid to try for another.

Yeah... It's your life and you are a big girl and its non of anybody's business , all you need is support and encouragement provided you've been okayed by your physicians.

Afraid ? Hum.... that's my choice and I'm going for it wink

Good luck girl smiley
Re: C-section Delivery: How Many Times Is Too Much? by dBard: 11:55pm On Nov 22, 2012
dominique: I think the doctors put the limit at 4. I've had one and the next few weeks were extremely painful and incapacitating, I can't imagine going through that 3 more times tufia.

That's unusual. better ask ur doc wat went wrong
Re: C-section Delivery: How Many Times Is Too Much? by dominique(f): 9:44am On Nov 23, 2012
dBard:

That's unusual. better ask ur doc wat went wrong

Not unusual, my doc cleared me of any infection. Some people can handle pain better than others. I'm just not good with handling pain embarassed.
Re: C-section Delivery: How Many Times Is Too Much? by dBard: 7:59am On Nov 24, 2012
dominique:

Not unusual, my doc cleared me of any infection. Some people can handle pain better than others. I'm just not good with handling pain embarassed.

kk grin.. doesn't mean u can't go for another. just tell ur doc t give u proper analgesic cover..
Re: C-section Delivery: How Many Times Is Too Much? by Nobody: 10:41am On Nov 25, 2012
I dread pains too embarassed

There is that tube that goes in my spine that the anaesthesiologist put in to numb me from waist down ....

They don't remove it after the surgery (cs) and then they continued to give me more but lighter version of the anaesthetic fluid via my spine and I just don't feel NO pain one bit until I leave for home and then I'm on mild pain killers at home .... isn't that incredible?

Dominique you'll be fine wink

1 Like

Re: C-section Delivery: How Many Times Is Too Much? by dominique(f): 1:39pm On Nov 25, 2012
Thanks for the reassurance hun smiley. I actually refused the option of local anastesia cos I couldn't imagine that fat needle going down my spine. If I twitch or sneeze nko? No be paralysis be that? undecided besides, I don't think our hospitals continue with the anaestesia after the surgery. I just hope this one won't be breech like her big bro else...
Re: C-section Delivery: How Many Times Is Too Much? by begwong: 5:07pm On Nov 25, 2012
coldgate: Thanks. I would not even consider it if it wasnt absolutely necessary. My doctors at LUTH have given strict instructions. I can only have babies thru c-section due to complcations from my first delivery at a private hospital. I already have a girl and a boy. However, I am a bit of an Oliver Twist and would like one more child. Am I pushing my luck here? Hubby doesn't mind having just two kids but we are from two extreme parts of the country and I fear they may pester him for more children. No one in his family has only two children. What do you think?
pls dont just compare yourself with the number of children of your other inlaws,except if you want to die before yr time.(After all,Oga said no wahala)
nonetheless,pray that you find solace in those two luvly ones even in your old age.
My dad was d only child from his mum,has 7kids,7grand children. . .still counting.

1 Like

Re: C-section Delivery: How Many Times Is Too Much? by Sleek05(f): 5:23pm On Nov 25, 2012
U could adopt a 3rd if ure really desperate!

2 Likes

Re: C-section Delivery: How Many Times Is Too Much? by SIRBANYE(m): 5:24pm On Nov 25, 2012
SCARY shocked.RUNNING AWAY FROM THIS THREAD embarassed
Re: C-section Delivery: How Many Times Is Too Much? by Nobody: 5:39pm On Nov 25, 2012
[quote author=coldgate]Thanks. I would not even consider it if it wasnt absolutely necessary. My doctors at LUTH have given strict instructions. I can only have babies thru c-section due to complcations from my first delivery at a private hospital. I already have a girl and a boy. However, I am a bit of an Oliver Twist and would like one more child. Am I pushing my luck here? Hubby doesn't mind having just two kids but we are from two extreme parts of the country and I fear they may pester him for more children. No one in his family has only two children. What do you think?

What do you want? It seems you want to have more to please family. I had my son thru CS, if I ve 2 like u I won't be thinking of another child now or in future. I wish you good luck.
Re: C-section Delivery: How Many Times Is Too Much? by ACM10: 5:51pm On Nov 25, 2012
3 is safe. To avoid the risk of uterine rupture in subsequent pregnancies.
Re: C-section Delivery: How Many Times Is Too Much? by sherrylo: 6:01pm On Nov 25, 2012
CS? I fear that thing.
Re: C-section Delivery: How Many Times Is Too Much? by Bokoharam: 8:33pm On Nov 25, 2012
I am surprised I have not read anyone here say, "My pastor says I can do one more...." strange really!
Re: C-section Delivery: How Many Times Is Too Much? by khanivorous(f): 8:49pm On Nov 25, 2012
coldgate: Hi, I have had two c-section births, is it safe to do one more. I would love to have another child. Candid advice pls.

We like 5 in my family...all through caesarian section

I think 5 is the maximum with at least 4 yrs spacing after the 1st 3...
Re: C-section Delivery: How Many Times Is Too Much? by danaz(m): 8:49pm On Nov 25, 2012
Bokoharam: I am surprised I have not read anyone here say, "My pastor says I can do one more...." strange really!
cos mst women dat readily go for cs are literate n only few frm dat class short chg their health on d ground of 'my pastor said'..
@others..cs is very safe baring any rare complication of surgery.researches conducted by ACOG shws dat morbidity frm svd is higher in d long run cf to cs.d lil prob we hv is d stone age state of our health care system.there are pros n cons.tying all tgeda,i prefer cs.
Now d more d nos of cs u hv d higher d risk.so a max of 3 or 4 is ok.

1 Like

Re: C-section Delivery: How Many Times Is Too Much? by lastpage: 8:51pm On Nov 25, 2012
l know of at least four women who have done it 4times! grin grin

Though, l am not sure if the fact that it is done "abroad" (top of the line medical facilities, stable power, up-to-date consultants, e.t.c) has any bearing on the level of risks/success involved.

I will advise you to thread with caution but if you can afford it, do number 3 or even 4, abroad! wink wink

Lastpage!
Re: C-section Delivery: How Many Times Is Too Much? by ACM10: 9:01pm On Nov 25, 2012
Bokoharam: I am surprised I have not read anyone here say, "My pastor says I can do one more...." strange really!
Trust me, in a life-and-death case like this, most women will trust the judgement of their doctors. It's only in a case that is not life-threatening that people cede their thinking faculty to their pastors and soothsayers.

Have you seen anyone rush an accident victim to a herbalist or a pastor? because, it's a matter of life and death. It's only when the person starts recovering that he/she places his/her pastors advice high in his/her scale of preference. Whenever they mentions their pastor as part of the management, know it that they have genuine fear that they will die OR that their case is not life-threatening.
Re: C-section Delivery: How Many Times Is Too Much? by ACM10: 9:10pm On Nov 25, 2012
danaz:
cos mst women dat readily go for cs are literate n only few frm dat class short chg their health on d ground of 'my pastor said'..
Both literate and illiterate do C/S if there is an indication for it. C/S is not something that is in vogue. It is not reserved for high class women. Opt for it only on your doctors advice.

@others..cs is very safe baring any rare complication of surgery.researches conducted by ACOG shws dat morbidity frm svd is higher in d long run cf to cs.d lil prob we hv is d stone age state of our health care system.there are pros n cons.tying all tgeda,i prefer cs.
Now d more d nos of cs u hv d higher d risk.so a max of 3 or 4 is ok.
C/S is not a matter of preference. There are strict indications for it. No doctor will advice anyone to opt for it if there is no indication for it. Why not deliver per vagi.na under anaesthesia? What are you preserving it for? It's not fun to deliver through C/S. It gets worse when there is a history of previous classical incision on the womb. My dear, C/S is frought with a lot of dangers. Opt for it only on your doctors advice.
Re: C-section Delivery: How Many Times Is Too Much? by Yames70(m): 9:50pm On Nov 25, 2012
ACM 10 re u a doctor?I love ur replies!like he said there must b indications b4 cs is done,but in developed countries,women who don't want to experience labour pains opt for cs.for me once a woman has had 4cs done,I advise her 2 stop,if am performing d 4th cs I give her d option of tubal ligation.
Re: C-section Delivery: How Many Times Is Too Much? by Yames70(m): 9:56pm On Nov 25, 2012
The dangers of too many cs are:during labour there's d risk of uterine rupture,nd intra op,d risk of uncontrolled haemorrhage of which we do compulsory hysterectomy(removal of d uterus)to save d woman's life.so we advise a maximum of 4.
Re: C-section Delivery: How Many Times Is Too Much? by ACM10: 10:11pm On Nov 25, 2012
Yames70: ACM 10 re u a doctor?
Do I sound like one? grin You may be closer to the truth.
I love ur replies!
{in Spanish}. . .muchas gracias{meaning. . .thank you very much}

like he said there must b indications b4 cs is done,but in developed countries,women who don't want to experience labour pains opt for cs.for me once a woman has had 4cs done,I advise her 2 stop,if am performing d 4th cs I give her d option of tubal ligation.
You are on point! cool There must be a specific indication for C/S. Labour pain can be controlled. Westerners experiences painless labour because they make use of anaesthetists. But Nigerian women do not ask for the option of painless labour. They either wants to show that they are brave or maybe they can't afford to pay the extra charges for the services of anaesthetist.
Most of them delivers in a maternity home run by an untrained traditional birth attendant. So, the phenomenon of painless labour is strange to them.
I think that 4 C/S is enough. The C/S must be elective. The woman should be properly counselled by the obstetrist on the options of family planning available and how it will benefit her. Thereafter, she will sign a form indicating her willingness to allow the doctor to proceed with the method of family planning she choose. She might not agree to the option of the tubal ligation on the operating table. Her informed consent must be obtained prior to the surgery. Cheers

1 Like

Re: C-section Delivery: How Many Times Is Too Much? by ACM10: 10:11pm On Nov 25, 2012
Re: C-section Delivery: How Many Times Is Too Much? by Nobody: 10:18pm On Nov 25, 2012
A woman is best adviced to limit number of Cesarean section to 3 to avoid complications. Because each additional cs comes with increased risk of developing complications(bleeding,abnormal placenta implant,rupture etc)

However,for a woman who had 2 cs,subsequent deliveries can only be safely done through cs.

Consult your doctor,he is the one with the full history of your case.
Jst decide what you wnt for urself no that of others.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

COVID-19 Update For December 8 2020 In Nigeria / What Is A Real Test Of A Woman Virginty? / Avoidable Tragedies: The Urgent Need For Emergency Preparedness- Dr Olufunmilayo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.