Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,380 members, 7,864,733 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 04:49 AM

Why On Earth Was Mikel Carded? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Why On Earth Was Mikel Carded? (742 Views)

Where Was Mikel When Pictures Were Taken At Wembley / Female Saudi Fan Red-carded For Entering Men-only Stadium / Was Mikel Obi The Worst No 10 Player At The World Cup (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why On Earth Was Mikel Carded? by tosinadeda: 8:25pm On Feb 03, 2008
as in i still dnt understand, fine we lost to ghana but
Re: Why On Earth Was Mikel Carded? by mukina2: 8:48pm On Feb 03, 2008
tosinadeda:

as in i still dnt understand, fine we lost to ghana but

get over it! wink
Re: Why On Earth Was Mikel Carded? by folahann(m): 8:52pm On Feb 03, 2008
It's good we lost and that is extrremely okay for Nigeria.
If Nigeria had qualify and lost at semi-final then there would have been a problem, the team will learn more sense from this one.
Re: Why On Earth Was Mikel Carded? by tosinadeda: 9:04pm On Feb 03, 2008
mukina2:

get over it! wink

i said y was he carded angry
Re: Why On Earth Was Mikel Carded? by mukina2: 9:07pm On Feb 03, 2008
tosinadeda:

i said y was he carded angry

grin cheesy grin abeg nor fight me oh! i was not the ref grin

oya i am gone kiss kiss wink
Re: Why On Earth Was Mikel Carded? by tosinadeda: 9:08pm On Feb 03, 2008
just dey go like dat
Re: Why On Earth Was Mikel Carded? by dayokanu(m): 9:12pm On Feb 03, 2008
For those Cheski like tackles. He had his studs showing.

Don't moan about the ref Nigerians are too fond of that. 2004 Naija lost to ref, 2000 Naija lost to ref, 2006 lost to bad ref decision on Drogba goal,

Arsenal moaned about the ref when they lost to Barca. Are you an Arsenal fan? grin

Those Naija players are crap
Re: Why On Earth Was Mikel Carded? by mukina2: 9:20pm On Feb 03, 2008
he he he ok sorry am gone tongue grin

Mikel was red-carded cuz he tongue tongue sorry he deserved it tongue
Re: Why On Earth Was Mikel Carded? by tosinadeda: 9:25pm On Feb 03, 2008
mukina2:

he he he ok sorry am gone tongue grin

Mikel was red-carded because he tongue tongue sorry he deserved it tongue

duuuuuuuuh
Re: Why On Earth Was Mikel Carded? by folahann(m): 9:25pm On Feb 03, 2008
[img]http://re3.mm-a3.yimg.com/image/2611337750[/img] [size=14pt]Dayokanu[/size]
Re: Why On Earth Was Mikel Carded? by dayokanu(m): 9:29pm On Feb 03, 2008
Don't moan about the ref Nigerians are too fond of that. 2004 Naija lost to ref, 2000 Naija lost to ref, 2006 lost to bad ref decision on Drogba goal,

Arsenal moaned about the ref when they lost to Barca. Are you an Arsenal fan?
Grin

Those Naija players are crap

We are always complaining of refs A ref that gave a penalty and a red card to the host. Try that at Al Ahly stadium , Zamalek or Ali Sami yen stadium in turkey and you would see OSama
Re: Why On Earth Was Mikel Carded? by tosinadeda: 9:36pm On Feb 03, 2008
una no fit ans simple question abi?
Re: Why On Earth Was Mikel Carded? by segunpc(m): 4:49pm On Feb 04, 2008
the free kick that brought the first goal was a myth.

the ref booked mikel cos he saw the ghanian putting his finger in mikels eye.

the ref is the 12th ghanian on the pitch.
Re: Why On Earth Was Mikel Carded? by uchetobi(f): 4:56pm On Feb 04, 2008
yea, Ghana played better no doubt about it, dis is not trying to be a sore looser but the referee was partial, clearly
Re: Why On Earth Was Mikel Carded? by lanreaji: 5:06pm On Feb 04, 2008
Hey,it isn't a big deal 4 me, It is beta like that, coz d ivory coast want us to do d dirty work, It's obvious they r afraid of the ghanians, Who dare believe dat d ivory coast prefer d eagles to d malians side, They want d cup but whatz hindering them is the black stars
Re: Why On Earth Was Mikel Carded? by dayokanu(m): 10:01pm On Feb 04, 2008
Nigerians !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! with a penalty and a red card. Remind me the last time Nigerians didnt complain about officiating when they loose in a match 2006 Drogba was offside, 2004, Tunisian was given a freak penalty, 2000 Ikpeba's penalty crossed the line. yet no one complained about Amunikes offside goal at Atlanta 96.

US 1994, Mali 2002 and now Ghana 2008 we lost to 10 men
Re: Why On Earth Was Mikel Carded? by zikouwa: 5:36pm On Feb 05, 2008
The cause of our down fall and the reasons for our defite against ghana.

I still belive that the mistake most people make is the belife that who ever performs well in his club definately will or should do wonders in a team match, but it never happened dat way and never will.
firstly most people have the belive dat once a champion in a club game he must then be relied on to save his team but it is not so. The reason for this is that club games should be totally considered as all Stars game in which many professional players are brought together to play, and so shouldn't be compaired with team game where just very little nice players converged then with over reliance on just very few or one professional.
Secondly, our match was lost against ghana not because we didn't play well, who ever dat watched dat match should definitely must have discovered dat we really tried, but the main reason for our defite was the OVER BIASED REFEREE dat took care of the match.
well if our national team should take my advice and stop the over reliance on people dat perform wonders in their club for our victory. The coach should also look around for footballers dat are capable and not popular. i hope u will take my advice and we will have the power to win everymatch. NO ONE PLAYER PLAYS DOUBLE WINGS. So mikels card was no exuse,
Re: Why On Earth Was Mikel Carded? by AH2MUCH: 8:19pm On Feb 05, 2008
TO ANSWER YOUR QUESTION AND TO SUPORT
segunpc:

the ref booked mikel because he saw the ghanian putting his finger in mikels eye.

the ref is the 12th ghanian on the pitch.

HE HAS AFFINITY FOR CARDS I MEAN WENEVER A REF SEES HIM SOMETHING IN HIM DRAWS OUT THE CARD FROM THE REFS POCKET, THAT JUST IT

(1) (Reply)

Every One Agrees Blatter Is Daft And An Idiot! / Chelsea Coach Is Sacked.why? / If Nigeria Wins Kenya & Tunisia Draws, Will We Qualify?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.