Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,326 members, 7,811,960 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:01 AM

Helpful Advice To A Newbie In Lagos - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Helpful Advice To A Newbie In Lagos (5820 Views)

Do's And Don't's For A Newbie In LAGOS / Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou / Helpful Advice Needed On Student Life In Capetown, South Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Helpful Advice To A Newbie In Lagos by ngmart(m): 3:52pm On Nov 13, 2012
Respect the traffic light

Re: Helpful Advice To A Newbie In Lagos by mozinta: 3:53pm On Nov 13, 2012
Akin-David:
Never leave home without your sixth sense, you need it more than your two eyes! grin grin
Dis na tru gaan!!!
Re: Helpful Advice To A Newbie In Lagos by Koolking(m): 4:24pm On Nov 13, 2012
1. Never claim being on the right side of the law with Lagos Police. You will regret doing that by the time they finish with you.

2. Keep your head down. Keep your eyes open. Resist the urge to be seen as important, lay low. Know your exit
Re: Helpful Advice To A Newbie In Lagos by delsuhelpdsk: 5:00pm On Nov 13, 2012
Yomieluv: If its Ojo local govt area,then apply the following rules:
1.Be careful of cultist in that area,they maim,and obtain at will.(Iba,PPL,Franklass,etc)people in the area know what am talking about.
2.Never you go buy any electronics(New ones)in ALABA int'l market,na fake dem go give you.
3.Don't leave your home too early,you will be robbed at alaba rago,or before iyana-iba.
5.Most of the area no dey get lite,try buy small gen,or else,na heat go kill you,if robber no kill u.
6.Always enter coaster bus,or you are most likely to be whisked away by ritualist,along badagry road.
7.Girls there like money,cos Alaba boys don spoil dem wit cash,most of the boys can't toast,except they flash cash.
8.Manage buy small tv,and you are on your way to fvck your landlord daughter.
9.Get rainbooth,na water logged area ooo.
10. More to come.

hahahaha. warri boiz nah dey kawi last o. If na warri boi, he go blend quick esp wen he cm 4rm rugged place 4 warri like iyara or alegbo.
Re: Helpful Advice To A Newbie In Lagos by Nobody: 6:38pm On Nov 13, 2012
DON'T STAY OUT LATE
Re: Helpful Advice To A Newbie In Lagos by SirMethod: 6:44pm On Nov 13, 2012
Mr, nl is not a place to get security or medical advice. Don't say I didn't warn u.
Re: Helpful Advice To A Newbie In Lagos by Crown128(m): 7:34pm On Nov 13, 2012
U're welcome to Lasgidi, shine your eyes!
Re: Helpful Advice To A Newbie In Lagos by franel79(m): 8:02pm On Nov 13, 2012
This thread is a typical, "how to survive in lagos guide".
Re: Helpful Advice To A Newbie In Lagos by 360command: 12:38am On Nov 14, 2012
delsu helpdsk:

hahahaha. warri boiz nah dey kawi last o. If na warri boi, he go blend quick esp wen he cm 4rm rugged place 4 warri like iyara or alegbo.
na warri boiz dey carry last abeg for school. A warri man, na for in place ein fit do agbari but make e try am enter lag, nothing for am.warri girls dem worry ooo. Warri guys na last dem dey carry. Wit their olodo head .
Re: Helpful Advice To A Newbie In Lagos by bugsinbad: 8:24am On Nov 14, 2012
[quote author=yuzedo]MY ADVICE IS THAT THE JJC SHOULD GO BACK TO HIS GADDEM VILLAGE DAMMIT....

[b]LAGOS IS FULL!!!bush man u no get village?
Re: Helpful Advice To A Newbie In Lagos by xcitedjay(m): 9:40am On Nov 14, 2012
ngmart: Respect the traffic light
...even if there's none visible
Re: Helpful Advice To A Newbie In Lagos by Guddy(m): 12:20pm On Nov 14, 2012
SirMethod: Mr, nl is not a place to get security or medical advice. Don't say I didn't warn u.

But it's a place to get auto advice?
yuzedo: MY ADVICE IS THAT THE JJC SHOULD GO BACK TO HIS GADDEM VILLAGE DAMMIT....

LAGOS IS FULL!!! angry angry angry[

And you think you are not wanted in your village?

/quote][quote author=SirMethod]Mr, nl is not a place to get security or medical advice. Don't say I didn't warn u.

But it's a place to get auto advice?
Re: Helpful Advice To A Newbie In Lagos by aariwa(m): 1:15pm On Jan 25, 2013
this is an intersting and educative thread cos thousands of people move in and out of lagos daily
Yomieluv: If its Ojo local govt area,then apply the following rules:
1.Be careful of cultist in that area,they maim,and obtain at will.(Iba,PPL,Franklass,etc)people in the area know what am talking about.
2.Never you go buy any electronics(New ones)in ALABA int'l market,na fake dem go give you.
3.Don't leave your home too early,you will be robbed at alaba rago,or before iyana-iba.
5.Most of the area no dey get lite,try buy small gen,or else,na heat go kill you,if robber no kill u.
6.Always enter coaster bus,or you are most likely to be whisked away by ritualist,along badagry road.
7.Girls there like money,cos Alaba boys don spoil dem wit cash,most of the boys can't toast,except they flash cash.
8.Manage buy small tv,and you are on your way to fvck your landlord daughter.
9.Get rainbooth,na water logged area ooo.
10. More to come.
Re: Helpful Advice To A Newbie In Lagos by aariwa(m): 1:16pm On Jan 25, 2013
interesting so you can avoid ritualists by goimg on coaster buses.
Re: Helpful Advice To A Newbie In Lagos by Guddy(m): 9:22am On Feb 05, 2013
aariwa: interesting so you can avoid ritualists by goimg on coaster buses.

Yeah that's what I do. With my short period of stay in Lagos I've learnt alot and am getting wiser by the day.

(1) (2) (Reply)

FAAN Introduces Sniffer Dogs And Anti-terrorism Squads / My Experience At God Is Good Transport Company Today(4/12/15) / Photos Of USA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.