Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,653 members, 7,827,414 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 11:38 AM

SWTOR Developer Update:technical Changes In Game Update 1.5 - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / SWTOR Developer Update:technical Changes In Game Update 1.5 (1088 Views)

Win Big Money In Calabar In Game City FIFA16 Playstation Tournament / Any One Interested In Game Swapping In Kaduna ? / First In-game Pes 2010 Screenshot Revealed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

SWTOR Developer Update:technical Changes In Game Update 1.5 by torsan(m): 10:00am On Nov 13, 2012
As a tech artist, I create tools to help the artists get their work into the game, and I work with the programmers to make the game run more efficiently. One of my favorite things to do is write shaders. Shaders are small programs that run on the graphics chip that describe the appearance of surfaces. For example, shaders define if an object looks shiny or dull, reflective or matte, and they also help us define the visual style of the game in terms of how lighting works.
After we shipped the game last year, I started looking for ways to update the shaders to improve swtor credits cheap the appearance of the game without impacting performance. Several of these updates have already gone in, but one of my favorites is going live with Game Update 1.5–translucency on foliage.

(1) (Reply)

Youtube Closed In Muslim World.. / Video Game Repairs / Best Games For Google Nexus 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.