Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,567 members, 7,850,942 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 11:11 AM

Help, Is GLO Defrauding People Money Through Internet Plans? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Help, Is GLO Defrauding People Money Through Internet Plans? (520 Views)

Is Glo Blackberry Sub. Of 1k For 3GB Closed? / How Fast And Reliable Is Glo Data Connection In Your Area?? / HELP!!! Is There Anything I Can Sue MTN For? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Help, Is GLO Defrauding People Money Through Internet Plans? by abeylevels(m): 6:16pm On Nov 13, 2012
My brothers & Sisters on Nairaland, have you ever experienced this ?

I has just a few naira of airtime on my phone and recharged N3,000 for GLO Always Macro Internet Plan.

I dialed *127*54# only to be told I do not have sufficient credit.
I checked my balance and confirmed I had N3002.7k.
For the benefit of any doubt, i bought another N200 GLO card and loaded my phone making N3202.7k.
I dialed the suscription code again and was told that i had suscribed to GLO Always Macro.

I checked my balance and saw that it was N192.7. I was surprised cuz I felt i was actually billed N3010 as against N3000.
I tried to browse and was really browsing until after some few seconds, i couldn't browse again.
I checked my credit balance and behold, it was 0.00k.....!

Which means i had been actually browsing on the remaining N192.7k as against the internet plan I suscribed to.

I tried calling the customer care and trust their usual answer: "all our representatives are attending to other customers"
I tried for several times and it was the same response.

Has any other person experienced this?
Has GLO duped me or what is happening?
Re: Help, Is GLO Defrauding People Money Through Internet Plans? by Jeffy1206(m): 6:40pm On Nov 13, 2012
guy wat type of fone are u usin. Use glo mobileinternet. Glo direct charges directly frm ur acc wch i suspect u r usin.also snd info to 127 to c ur data bal.
Re: Help, Is GLO Defrauding People Money Through Internet Plans? by abeylevels(m): 12:19pm On Nov 15, 2012
Thanks for the reply. I actually use Samsumg Galaxy .
I was able to get through another GLO representative and they told me that i still need to call them for some extra technical activation from their side before i could browse using the plan i suscribed to.
They eventually did d activation after 2 days. U feel their internet service is a bit bad for users who are in d same situation as mine. To browse on GLO u hav go send an activation code then call them again to activate u. rubbush....

(1) (Reply)

Pls Hlp Me Out With Dis My Htc Phone / Where Do I Repair My Iphone With A Broken Power Button / Sony Is Selling Its New York HQ, Then Re-renting It

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.