Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,952 members, 7,828,347 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 08:38 AM

Help Plz; What Is The Fruit "Dibino" In Hausa Called In English? - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Help Plz; What Is The Fruit "Dibino" In Hausa Called In English? (26224 Views)

Please,what Is Black Seed Oil Called In Yoruba? Where Can I Get It In Lagos. / What Is Jedi Jedi Called In English Language (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help Plz; What Is The Fruit "Dibino" In Hausa Called In English? by samwash(m): 8:47pm On Nov 13, 2012
When i visited the northan part of this country, i saw this very dry stuff called "dibino" in hausa.At first i thought it was the smaller type of pear that was dry,taking a closer look,it was not what i thought.A friend of mine brought it and i ask him to give me some on teasting it, i love it right away and am getting addicted to it.I eat them almost on a daily bases. I know this thing "dibino" will have good health benefit.Pls N'lander do any body in house known the name in english so that i can google it for more research to kown more of its health benefits.
Re: Help Plz; What Is The Fruit "Dibino" In Hausa Called In English? by gonon: 9:00pm On Nov 13, 2012
Its english name is "date".

2 Likes

Re: Help Plz; What Is The Fruit "Dibino" In Hausa Called In English? by dominique(f): 9:29pm On Nov 13, 2012
Its date fruit. Yorubas call it dabino I think.
You can google date palm and post your findings here. I'm too lazy to research stuff these days embarassed-
Re: Help Plz; What Is The Fruit "Dibino" In Hausa Called In English? by samwash(m): 9:52pm On Nov 13, 2012
Thanks alot guys, i have gotten the name,its scientific name is (phoenix dactylifera) but its popularly called palm date.I just google it now and its amazing that this fruit has alot of health benefits.
Re: Help Plz; What Is The Fruit "Dibino" In Hausa Called In English? by kushma(m): 1:59am On Jan 07, 2017
dominique:
Its date fruit. Yorubas call it dabino I think.
You can google date palm and post your findings here. I'm too lazy to research stuff these days
plz wat of the name in Igbo so that i can find it
Re: Help Plz; What Is The Fruit "Dibino" In Hausa Called In English? by Teespice(f): 9:39am On Jan 07, 2017
dabino is the hausa name for dates.
very powerful aphrodisiac.
Re: Help Plz; What Is The Fruit "Dibino" In Hausa Called In English? by JohnNgene: 9:51am On Aug 16, 2017
Teespice:

Aphrodisiac for women or for men? Who can testify or confirm this? Lol.
Re: Help Plz; What Is The Fruit "Dibino" In Hausa Called In English? by iikkeennaa(m): 12:16am On Mar 15, 2018
Teespice:
Sure?
Re: Help Plz; What Is The Fruit "Dibino" In Hausa Called In English? by ADUKKY(f): 8:52am On Mar 15, 2018
You can soak the date in water, remove the seed in it then blend with tigernuts and coconut. Sieve and serve chilled.

(1) (Reply)

10 Foods That Damage Your Teeth / Snake Venom, World’s Strongest Beer Contains 67.5% Of Alcohol / Yay!!! I Made A Delicious Okazi Soup Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.