Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,590 members, 7,837,224 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:23 PM

North Demands Death Penalty For Corruption - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / North Demands Death Penalty For Corruption (10831 Views)

Appeal Court Gives CCT Go Ahead To Try Saraki For Corruption / Dickson Approves Death Penalty For Kidnappers In Bayelsa / Death Penalty For Exam Malpractices In Nigeria? - Satire (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: North Demands Death Penalty For Corruption by werepeLeri: 12:05pm On Nov 14, 2012
How many of them northerners will remain?
Re: North Demands Death Penalty For Corruption by Nobody: 12:09pm On Nov 14, 2012
The truth is that these Northerners are hypocrites. They pretend as if it is not going to affect them and their leaders. The most annoying those calling for such death penalty are the corrupt ones themselves! There are going to be elements of deceit and targeted killings in this plan
Re: North Demands Death Penalty For Corruption by Ibrahimmrfish(m): 12:12pm On Nov 14, 2012
Many people are hypocrates,so u are sayin it's not ok to hang someone dat stole million or billion of dollers.Dat can save d life of many poor people.Many of u are brain dead,God help u people.

1 Like

Re: North Demands Death Penalty For Corruption by Nobody: 12:14pm On Nov 14, 2012
Shenez: He-Goat all Yoruba are corrupt abi?

Ewu I didnt say that, even a non corrupt ones will not want any punishment for the corrupt ones as far as they are yorubas, thats my point. As an IGBO man any Igbo found wanting as per integrity should face the stipulated wrath of law. ( did you read EKT's post, in the federal level and not state but we all Nigerians.)
Re: North Demands Death Penalty For Corruption by Nobody: 12:18pm On Nov 14, 2012
kingoflag: At times you talk as if you don't have the slightest clue how Government is run. You do realize that Nigeria, as a Federal entity, has both State and Federal laws, right? So, of course, any constitutional amendment proscribing death as a penalty for Governmental corruption will apply only to Federal Government Officials. States deciding to carry out such sentences for similar violations within their jurisdictions will not be violating Federal laws.

hahaha, he doesnt know. Tell him this is not USA
Re: North Demands Death Penalty For Corruption by Nobody: 12:19pm On Nov 14, 2012
fried-rice:

My brother, who would build the strong institution? Jonathan?
you should be aware by now that majority of Nigerians don't want Change.

And therein lies the problem.
Re: North Demands Death Penalty For Corruption by Nobody: 12:19pm On Nov 14, 2012
CHESSBOARD:

Ewu I didnt say that, even a non corrupt ones will not want any punishment for the corrupt ones as far as they are yorubas, thats my point. As an IGBO man any Igbo found wanting as per integrity should face the stipulated wrath of law. ( did you read EKT's post, in the federal level and not state but we all Nigerians.)

Indeed, that will eliminate close to 90% of Igbo! Believe it or not!
Re: North Demands Death Penalty For Corruption by Nobody: 12:25pm On Nov 14, 2012
CHESSBOARD:

This is the reason YORUBAs are the worst snakes in Nigeria. Its not just Ekt_bear, A guy in my office said he doesnt care if a Politician steals as fa as he is a YORUBA man. This Ethnic is actually the mentor and perpetrator of corruption in Nigeria. Spit on you ppl SMH
Mugu, Federal Government cannot force the State to punish people in a manner harsher than their local laws suggest. Nigeria is a Federal State; what is punishable in Kwara State with a jail term of 5 zillion years in prison and se.x with a crocodile might carry a "punishment" of hanging out on a beach surrounded by super models in Lagos State.
Re: North Demands Death Penalty For Corruption by Nobody: 12:26pm On Nov 14, 2012
CHESSBOARD:

hahaha, he doesnt know. Tell him this is not USA
Actually, I just replied you too because you sounded really ignorant with your reckless tribal diatribe.
Re: North Demands Death Penalty For Corruption by Nobody: 12:27pm On Nov 14, 2012
kingoflag: Mugu, Federal Government cannot force the State to punish people in a manner harsher than their local laws suggest. Nigeria is a Federal State; what is punishable in Kwara State with a jail term of 5 zillion years in prison and se.x with a crocodile might carry a "punishment" of hanging out on a beach surrounded by super models in Lagos State.
Huh! If only I could understand your comment!
Re: North Demands Death Penalty For Corruption by manfred10(m): 12:27pm On Nov 14, 2012
megxo: start by killin Atiku, den Babangida, den Buhari, n so on...........
I hope you have proof that Buhari is a thief
Re: North Demands Death Penalty For Corruption by jude33084(m): 12:28pm On Nov 14, 2012
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed cheesy

Re: North Demands Death Penalty For Corruption by Nobody: 12:30pm On Nov 14, 2012
all4naija: Huh! If only I could understand your comment!
Maybe if you took the time to read past the obvious sarcasm I used to drive home my point...or to realize that you were NOT the one I was replying,thus, you were not the intended audience.
Re: North Demands Death Penalty For Corruption by Nobody: 12:30pm On Nov 14, 2012
manfred10: I hope you have proof that Buhari is a thief
Is not only a thief also a terrorist sponsor!
Re: North Demands Death Penalty For Corruption by Nobody: 12:31pm On Nov 14, 2012
kingoflag: Maybe if you took the time to read past the obvious sarcasm I used to drive home my point...or to realize that you were NOT the one I was replying,thus, you were not the intended audience.
I mean to say clarify what you just wrote!
Re: North Demands Death Penalty For Corruption by Truckpusher(m): 12:37pm On Nov 14, 2012
The north asking for the death penalty for corrupt officials is like a man preparing his own hang man noose....Can northern politicians survive without corruption Even their southern counterparts stinks of corruption , so who is going to bell the cat Or is it another policy that would be used in witchhunting political oppositions
Re: North Demands Death Penalty For Corruption by Nobody: 12:39pm On Nov 14, 2012
all4naija: I mean to say clarify what you just wrote!
In a Federal Country, such as Nigeria, the States are allowed to make their own laws to the extent that they do not violate Federal law. So, say for example, Nigeria bans the death penalty, no state will be allowed to make laws that will make a crime punishable by death.
Re: North Demands Death Penalty For Corruption by danikik7: 12:42pm On Nov 14, 2012
[color=#990000][/color]Is there no exception to this death by corruption proposal? Who will cast the first stone ?
Re: North Demands Death Penalty For Corruption by deletrue: 12:50pm On Nov 14, 2012
HNosegbe: Death penalty for corruption... Nah, not the answer. Those northerners forgot to tell us that China is still a massively corrupt and unequal nation despite executing over 2,000 people last year.

What we need is to institute preventive measures and build strong institutions. How strong are our institutions? Have we created the enabling environment for genuine enterprise to thrive? Have we stopped the archaic practice of sharing "oyel" money every month? Have we begun to work on our value system and our mindsets as Nigerians? Have we begun to emphasise creativity over indolence and merit over nepotism? Have we begun to work on creating a culture that will make it possible for smart, intelligent, creative and honest people to thrive?

Until we begin to deal with societal problems from the source (rather than looking for quick fixes), we ain't going nowhere.
Brother, you have said it all. But which people go implement or pass that in law. Are we talking of this national assembly? People should just be praying and wait for God's intervention jor.
Re: North Demands Death Penalty For Corruption by vanstanzy(m): 1:12pm On Nov 14, 2012
Freaks!!! They want to delete the entire Nigerian politicians be that, cos who among them isn't corrupt. Mind what u wish for u AREWA pu*nks.
Well if they must, let them eliminate Buhari, Atiku and most of all the king, IBB. Start with the North first, they have the largest population of PARASITIC WORMS!

2 Likes

Re: North Demands Death Penalty For Corruption by stupor(m): 1:14pm On Nov 14, 2012
And so ! What are they waiting for ?

Isn't it long overdue ?

And why do they think small China won't be an economic power in just a decade,is it not their Capital Punishment law againt corruption.

North pls riot and scatter bomb if they disagree,and let's see who will have the gut to steal public funds !

Nigeria ! only God will save us.
Re: North Demands Death Penalty For Corruption by soulamanne(m): 1:23pm On Nov 14, 2012
HNosegbe: Death penalty for corruption... Nah, not the answer. Those northerners forgot to tell us that China is still a massively corrupt and unequal nation despite executing over 2,000 people last year.

What we need is to institute preventive measures and build strong institutions. How strong are our institutions? Have we created the enabling environment for genuine enterprise to thrive? Have we stopped the archaic practice of sharing "oyel" money every month? Have we begun to work on our value system and our mindsets as Nigerians? Have we begun to emphasise creativity over indolence and merit over nepotism? Have we begun to work on creating a culture that will make it possible for smart, intelligent, creative and honest people to thrive?

Until we begin to deal with societal problems from the source (rather than looking for quick fixes), we ain't going nowhere.

For the first time in a very long time,I ve found a well crafted and logical post on nairaland devoid of grammatical errors.not that I look out for people's mistakes,the level of wrong use of the english language is very rife.so much that one struggles to even thet the drift of the post.well written and said bruv!
Re: North Demands Death Penalty For Corruption by ceejay80s(m): 1:26pm On Nov 14, 2012
Localamos:

Aren't we all? Tell me you've never cheated at a test/exam before...
oga, its like u cant tell the difference between cheating and corruption
Re: North Demands Death Penalty For Corruption by tomakint: 1:29pm On Nov 14, 2012
'Funky Mallams' have not cease to amaze me with their funny ways of reasoning, while their people were milking the country dry in their inglorious 38 years in power they couldn't muster the strength to tell them to encourage death penalties and possibly enforce it, now a Southerner is in power, they can now suggest the 'way forward'!
Re: North Demands Death Penalty For Corruption by tomakint: 1:31pm On Nov 14, 2012
ceejay80s: oga, its like u cant tell the difference between cheating and corruption

***tomakint coughs and laughs*** ....and later exhales; INDEED! cheesy
Re: North Demands Death Penalty For Corruption by lacasa: 1:34pm On Nov 14, 2012
highlandre: This is the best antidote for our system. If China is an economically strong nation today, it should be noted that this law is largely responsible.

Nigerians, just like other Africans, need a tougher punitive measure to get things right.

I completely vote for this!!!

God bless Nigeria!!!

God bless Ɣou too.

Death to any corrupt Idiaaat,.be him/her Hausa,igbo,yoruba,igbo, etc
Re: North Demands Death Penalty For Corruption by taharqa: 1:43pm On Nov 14, 2012
ceejay80s: oga, its like u cant tell the difference between cheating and corruption
hahaha....what is the diff plz. Kai! Nigerians and Hypocrism, ehm..
Re: North Demands Death Penalty For Corruption by Wadeoye(m): 1:54pm On Nov 14, 2012
all4naija: They are so ignorant and think such barbaric practice carried out in places like Saudi Arabia, China, etc will be the solution. They can't just figure out other ways of finding solutions to problems. It sure proves these people are still far from being civilized.

Now, tell us what you think the civilised solution should be.
Re: North Demands Death Penalty For Corruption by Wadeoye(m): 1:56pm On Nov 14, 2012
all4naija: Is not only a thief also a terrorist sponsor!

See another illitrate from Amadioha republic...
Re: North Demands Death Penalty For Corruption by maakano(m): 1:57pm On Nov 14, 2012
megxo: start by killin Atiku, den Babangida, den Buhari, n so on...........

Then GEJ, Odili, Alayemisga, Ibori, Kalu, Andy Uba, Chris Uba etc
Re: North Demands Death Penalty For Corruption by Horus(m): 2:23pm On Nov 14, 2012
I support this new law and in fact this law should be included in the constitution of Nigeria. Some of you support "Jungle Justice" but you are scarred of capital punishment for corruption crimes. I do not get it. If you are not a corrupt politician looter yourself why are you scared by death penalty for corruption crimes?, this is very strange. If you walk in the street, someone just have to scream Thief, Thief, Thief and you get immediately poured with petrol and set ablaze without any evidence of a crime being committed by you, yet you don't want a law where there will be a legal procedure to arrest the real thiefs who loot Nigeria since decade. What is going on here?.
Re: North Demands Death Penalty For Corruption by lafuria1(m): 2:48pm On Nov 14, 2012
i have learnt something new today, some nigerian youthS are ready to change their opinion about something if someone from another region shares same. pple arent addressing the advantages or disadvantages of the subject, rather they chose to attack the people that shares the particular opinion.
in a complex society like nigeria, death penalty wont work because the citizens will fight it, out of sentiment. for example, a court founds bankole guilty of corruption, the yorubas will demand ohakim to follow siute, if the court finds ohakim innocent..well we all know wat the reactions will be, even if the court was hundred percent sincere. if atiku is found guilty and obj innocent, the northerns will claim injustice. the big question is are NIGERIANS READY for such capital punishment? CAPITAL NO.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

593 Delegates Endorsed Olawepo Hashim As ANN Presidential Candidate / Tension At APC Headquarters, As CECPC Inaugurates State Chairmen / Atiku Will Reopen Nigeria’s Borders — Tambuwal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.