Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,739 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:42 PM

Some Nigerian Men And Their Popular "I Will Marry U Syndrome" - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Some Nigerian Men And Their Popular "I Will Marry U Syndrome" (15918 Views)

Nigerian Parents And The "You Are Not Sleeping Here Tonight" Syndrome / How Infidelity Landed Some Nigerian Men And Women In Hospitals / Nigerian Men & 'Come To My House' Syndrome (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Some Nigerian Men And Their Popular "I Will Marry U Syndrome" by drnoel: 11:44am On Nov 14, 2012
Guys, I felt this has to be said. B4 I start just want to say that my write-up repesents real life situations and lives of people I know but then I had to change the names cos I suspect emeka is also a member of NL.

Let me introduce Emeka. He is an assistant manager in a new generation bank. Ladies find him cute, I've hung out with him, so I know. He is super nice but has a big problem (Ms right). He has dated some of d finest Nigerian sisters that I've seen but can't decide which one to wed. I asked him once what his problem was and he said "I don't know". He promised his last two girl friends marriage but lost interest.

Meet Wale. He is an assistant Professor of molecular biology in the UK. A friend of a friend who later became my friend. U need to have met his last two girl friends, beautiful and successful ladies. I've had to go on blind dates at the irritation of my wife cos I was trying to help him decide on a chick and after the date he tells me "no these ones are only good to bed not to wed). Wale promised all the girls he dated marriage but didn't wed anyone.

Now, I've met many Nigerian men with similar problems. My question is why? Why do successful men have this problem, deciding about a partner. Is it cos they have experienced a wide taste of women already or they just want to sleep arnd. Have asked my unmarried friends but they didn't give a solid answer so am throwing the question at you guys. Help me understand.

1 Like

Re: Some Nigerian Men And Their Popular "I Will Marry U Syndrome" by k2039: 1:00pm On Nov 14, 2012
Simple,they are confuse and dont know what they want.

Or they created an imaginary mrs perfect that doesnt exist

4 Likes

Re: Some Nigerian Men And Their Popular "I Will Marry U Syndrome" by maclatunji: 1:55pm On Nov 14, 2012
Money or position doesn't equate to emotional maturity. They are just not mature enough to identify quality wife material and go for them. tongue

4 Likes

Re: Some Nigerian Men And Their Popular "I Will Marry U Syndrome" by Okijajuju1(m): 4:24pm On Nov 14, 2012
... Simple The more money a man/woman makes, the more skanks, whores, gold diggers, low lifers and opportunists they attract to themselves.. When they find the right person, they will settle down.. Until then, na to dey test all wey croos their paths..

Thats why its better to date a person before the wealth starts coming in..

14 Likes

Re: Some Nigerian Men And Their Popular "I Will Marry U Syndrome" by packman: 4:26pm On Nov 14, 2012
drnoel: Guys, I felt this has to be said. B4 I start just want to say that my write-up repesents real life situations and lives of people I know but then I had to change the names cos I suspect emeka is also a member of NL.

Let me introduce Emeka. He is an assistant manager in a new generation bank. Ladies find him cute, I've hung out with him, so I know. He is super nice but has a big problem (Ms right). He has dated some of d finest Nigerian sisters that I've seen but can't decide which one to wed. I asked him once what his problem was and he said "I don't know". He promised his last two girl friends marriage but lost interest.

Meet Wale. He is an assistant Professor of molecular biology in the UK. A friend of a friend who later became my friend. U need to have met his last two girl friends, beautiful and successful ladies. I've had to go on blind dates at the irritation of my wife cos I was trying to help him decide on a chick and after the date he tells me "no these ones are only good to bed not to wed). Wale promised all the girls he dated marriage but didn't wed anyone.

Now, I've met many Nigerian men with similar problems. My question is why? Why do successful men have this problem, deciding about a partner. Is it cos they have experienced a wide taste of women already or they just want to sleep arnd. Have asked my unmarried friends but they didn't give a solid answer so am throwing the question at you guys. Help me understand.

[size=20pt]YOUR QUESTION IS SO DUMB & POINT OF CORRECTION NOT ALL SUCCESSFUL MEN.....MAY BE THE SUCCESSFUL MEN YOU MINGLE WITH...
LIKE EMEKA AND WALE....

EVERY MAN WITH HIS CHARACTER.........[/size]

2 Likes

Re: Some Nigerian Men And Their Popular "I Will Marry U Syndrome" by emilyone(f): 4:29pm On Nov 14, 2012
fear of commitment!
they dont want to be stranded with just one punny for the rest of their life grin

7 Likes

Re: Some Nigerian Men And Their Popular "I Will Marry U Syndrome" by SELFWORTH: 4:30pm On Nov 14, 2012
Looking for Mrs Perfect instead of trying to be perfect to the right person. Unfortunately, between now and eternity, they will never find a Mrs or Mr Perfect. . They are yet to be born.

1 Like

Re: Some Nigerian Men And Their Popular "I Will Marry U Syndrome" by SELFWORTH: 4:30pm On Nov 14, 2012
Uhh.
They believe its the quickest way into your pants. Most girls don't respect themselves and can come across as too cheap and desperate becos of their age. Why sleep with every John and Harry. Not every man u date is marriage material .

If you rush into marriage you will rush out just as quickly.
Re: Some Nigerian Men And Their Popular "I Will Marry U Syndrome" by Nobody: 4:33pm On Nov 14, 2012
because wen u are successfull,gurls flock around u,which was not so when u wia not dat successful...den u start thinking"are dey are geniune?,n hw did u bcom dat attractive overnyt?".......at dat tym,u feel d nid to make up 4 lost times...den d sampling begins...... Dnt hate dem... D slogan is huzzle nw,play lata....

3 Likes

Re: Some Nigerian Men And Their Popular "I Will Marry U Syndrome" by tunapawizzy: 4:37pm On Nov 14, 2012
Okija_juju: ... Simple The more money a man/woman makes, the more skanks, whores, gold diggers, low lifers and opportunists they attract to themselves.. When they find the right person, they will settle down.. Until then, na to dey test all wey croos their paths..

THIS IS IT
Re: Some Nigerian Men And Their Popular "I Will Marry U Syndrome" by ITbomb(m): 4:37pm On Nov 14, 2012
The more u sleep with different girls the less ur chances of trusting a girl even the nice one are grouped together with the bad

4 Likes

Re: Some Nigerian Men And Their Popular "I Will Marry U Syndrome" by perfectgal: 4:41pm On Nov 14, 2012
ur friends should pray and ask GOD TO direct them to the rite woman.

1 Like

Re: Some Nigerian Men And Their Popular "I Will Marry U Syndrome" by Godmann(m): 4:44pm On Nov 14, 2012
It takes intelligence to be successful and these sharp guys see enough of the lies and fakes that abounds in dating.
Re: Some Nigerian Men And Their Popular "I Will Marry U Syndrome" by martyns303(m): 4:47pm On Nov 14, 2012
Poster u were smart enough to use the phrase "SOME Nigerian men", so I'll start by saying "SOME" Nigerian girls are desperate for marriage so these guys use it to get them, apparently they'r rich and girls would presume "he's a player" but then he promises marriage and girls fall for it. They will eventually get married but most probably to an ex of 5yrs ago.

7 Likes

Re: Some Nigerian Men And Their Popular "I Will Marry U Syndrome" by kandiikane(m): 4:49pm On Nov 14, 2012
emilyone: fear of commitment!
they dont want to be stranded with just one punny for the rest of their life grin

Lol! I think this here is the main problem.

I mean, even I won't want to be stuck with one punny for the rest of my life but I guess it's just the circle of life.

It's scary. To me, it's like when you were little and you were supervised, you have someone controlling certain aspects of your life. You then get your freedom for a while and then marriage(another constitution which limits your freedom.

2 Likes

Re: Some Nigerian Men And Their Popular "I Will Marry U Syndrome" by Nobody: 4:50pm On Nov 14, 2012
Not all successful men have this problem. It's an individual attitude which is based on lust & indecision. I have a friend that is 38 and yet to find miss right anytime we chat he will tell me of one girl that he just met and when asked some other time He will give one excuse or the other and will tell me about new girl on ground. Mind you, he's not a richman yet.
Re: Some Nigerian Men And Their Popular "I Will Marry U Syndrome" by thehunted(m): 4:51pm On Nov 14, 2012
Godman_n: It takes intelligence to be successful and these sharp guys see enough of the lies and fakes that abounds in dating.

lool
Re: Some Nigerian Men And Their Popular "I Will Marry U Syndrome" by Koolking(m): 4:52pm On Nov 14, 2012
Your assertion does not represent the reality. The women 'i want to marry you' friend dates may also lay credence to this syndrome in him. I found out that your friend has no deep feelings for these women. Dating or sleeping with them does not mean he is matured for marriage. You don't just jump into the bandwagon of marriage because you are successful (career-wise). Walking into privileges of life does not mean maturity. I will rather marry a lady ( of average success) I am ready to adjust my life to be with because I have been charmed by her outward and inward beauty than marry a lady who is very successful, beautiful outwardly but lacks the decorum that supposed to make a lady. Her inner beauty should radiates more than her physical beauty. There is this saying that "money will get you the woman you want, but struggle success will get you the woman you need.

2 Likes

Re: Some Nigerian Men And Their Popular "I Will Marry U Syndrome" by kandiikane(m): 4:52pm On Nov 14, 2012
ITbomb: The more u sleep with different girls the less ur chances of trusting a girl even the nice one are grouped together with the bad

This is very true.

5 Likes

Re: Some Nigerian Men And Their Popular "I Will Marry U Syndrome" by GboyegaD(m): 4:54pm On Nov 14, 2012
drnoel: Guys, I felt this has to be said. B4 I start just want to say that my write-up repesents real life situations and lives of people I know but then I had to change the names cos I suspect emeka is also a member of NL.

Lack of understanding and improper orientation of what life and marriage is about.

1 Like

Re: Some Nigerian Men And Their Popular "I Will Marry U Syndrome" by coogar: 4:54pm On Nov 14, 2012

there can only be two reasons

• your friends are still playing the field - even if they meet mother theresa right now, nothing would come out of it because they are simply not ready to walk the aisle with anyone yet.

• they are searching for the perfect woman - having slept with hundreds of them, they are lured into a false belief that there's a much better woman out there for them so they continue to search for her. the reason they promised marriage to the other ones is because that's the password to sleep with majority of naija babes! without the m-word, you are not touching their goldmine!

1 Like

Re: Some Nigerian Men And Their Popular "I Will Marry U Syndrome" by Koolking(m): 4:56pm On Nov 14, 2012

. . .when they have a full life ahead of them
Re: Some Nigerian Men And Their Popular "I Will Marry U Syndrome" by Nobody: 4:59pm On Nov 14, 2012
Gbam
Re: Some Nigerian Men And Their Popular "I Will Marry U Syndrome" by Nobody: 5:00pm On Nov 14, 2012
which of these icons is for yawning?!! kiss or lipsrsealed
Re: Some Nigerian Men And Their Popular "I Will Marry U Syndrome" by Blackbody20(m): 5:02pm On Nov 14, 2012
i am really learning sha.
Re: Some Nigerian Men And Their Popular "I Will Marry U Syndrome" by SlyIg(f): 5:05pm On Nov 14, 2012
maclatunji: Money or position doesn't equate to emotional maturity. They are just not mature enough to identify quality wife material and go for them. tongue
Aboki, you still dey? No ban me o...

2 Likes

Re: Some Nigerian Men And Their Popular "I Will Marry U Syndrome" by pauloman(m): 5:05pm On Nov 14, 2012
Okija_juju: ... Simple The more money a man/woman makes, the more skanks, whores, gold diggers, low lifers and opportunists they attract to themselves.. When they find the right person, they will settle down..

Very true bro....+10 likes
Re: Some Nigerian Men And Their Popular "I Will Marry U Syndrome" by blandish: 5:16pm On Nov 14, 2012
I totally agree with you....I met a guy and one week later he was already referring to me as MRS :::::::::::. and talking about our unborn children blah blah blah......he was not interested in knowing me tho...or even been friends with me first (friends first so that the so called married will not be based solely on pillow talk but on true freindship). My guess is that he thought by calling me mrs and talking about children that I will gladly open my toto....TUFIYAKWA!!!!!!

When he saw that there was no way he could wak this puni....he bailed out.

Expecially Yoruba guys in london.....they meet you today morning, there lyrics is that they wanna marry you today evening...I have met 3 like that now and it is very annoying and disgusting and a total insult on my intelligence.

GIRLS KNOW AND RESPECT YOURSELF....OR YOU WILL END UP SELLING YOUR GROUNDNUT TO EVERYONE AND YET NO GENUINE MARRIAGE OFFER!!!

GUYS HAVE BEEN INUNDATED WITH THIS FREE TOTO EVERYWHERE THAT THEY NO LONGER HAVE RESPECT FOR WOMEN!!! MTCHEEEEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWW

14 Likes

Re: Some Nigerian Men And Their Popular "I Will Marry U Syndrome" by pharuk: 5:24pm On Nov 14, 2012
Dont blame men>>>> Research has proved "talking about marriage with a woman improves your chances of sex, relationship, better gist and who knows ,,, eventually MARRIAGE"

2 Likes

Re: Some Nigerian Men And Their Popular "I Will Marry U Syndrome" by Nobody: 5:32pm On Nov 14, 2012
pharuk: Dont blame men>>>> Research has proved "talking about marriage with a woman improves your chances of sex, relationship, better gist and who knows ,,, eventually MARRIAGE"

Like this babe I told I would marry just to knack am. She actually believes me. Do I even look like someone who looks ready to marry. I dey knack I'm steady. She wan get bele for me to seal the deal. But I cnt marry her. She wants to move in with me.

2 Likes

Re: Some Nigerian Men And Their Popular "I Will Marry U Syndrome" by naijathings(m): 5:44pm On Nov 14, 2012
i have furked so many pussyies wey i no even remember d name of the owner seff and i never ever promised anyone marriage to furkk. love and marriage are words i dont say easily and i dont like to hear it anyhow either. i dont know why guys do that shiet. I used to have a pal that would even knee down and beg you and tell you all sorts of marriage talk just to furk. haba. me i no fit do that kain thin oh. i nova eva beg woman for toto seff or make promises if you no wan furk then no be by force. and how come seun forgot to censor "toto"
Re: Some Nigerian Men And Their Popular "I Will Marry U Syndrome" by Nobody: 5:47pm On Nov 14, 2012
naijathings: i have furked so many pussyies wey i no even remember d name of the owner seff and i never ever promised anyone marriage to furkk. love and marriage are words i dont say easily and i dont like to hear it anyhow either. i dont know why guys do that shiet. I used to have a pal that would even knee down and beg you and tell you all sorts of marriage talk just to furk. haba. me i no fit do that kain thin oh. i nova eva beg woman for toto seff or make promises if you no wan furk then no be by force. and how come seun forgot to censor "toto"

Smh.

grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What If You Have An Academic Blockhead For A Child! / Should I Be More Selfish? / Would You Marry Your Best Friend's Widow?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.